Imagine if we won both games

Craigieboy

scottish_chicP

I have been very careful not to let myself get carried away and just enjoy each game but if we were to beat Rangers on Sat then Celtic I really don't think I'll be able to contain the excitement! :ninja:

For me, two home wins and two away draws (or minimum of 8 points) from the next 4 games, and we are very much in the title race IMHO. The gap between the Weejies, us, and the rest of the SPL is narrowing so we'll all drop points between now and the split.

If we can sort out our home form, then our away form takes care of itself.

Can we seriously challenge for the title? Yes we can.

Whether we WILL is another matter mind you.... time will tell. This next 4 games though are without a doubt the biggest 4 of the season.

I'm keeping my feet on the ground just now..... but that said, if by the time the final whistle goes at Ibrox, we're 12 points better off than we are now - i'm not gonna lie, i'll be so excited i'll literally Stanton myself.

I think the word is believe.

We need to believe we can do it, in every game and not just against the fugly sisters.

Eternal pessimist that I am, I don't think we've a hope in hell of winning the league. However, I do think finishing second is definitely achievable.

Gordon Ramsay

I'm not getting too carried away by our form and league standing. Do I think we can beat both Rangers and Celtic in our next 2 games? Yes. Do I think we can win the league? Sadly, no.

As much as we'd all love to see us go one step further and take the league crown, I just don't believe we can do it. Our form has been tremendous and we've got ourselves clear in 3rd but this is Hearts we're talking about, we all know what usually happens. We get built up, only to be knocked back down again, take the Falkirk cup game earlier in the season, we came back from 2 goals down to lead and still threw it away in the last minute. No other team could do that bar Hearts, we just don't have that mentality that Celtic and Rangers possess.

How often have we seen the old firm score goals in the last minute to win games? Countless times, they just always do it, its built in. We have a strong squad this season and a great spirit but I think 3rd is where we will end up. I think it will take 2 or 3 years of consistent performances and European finishes before we have a built up a winning mentality strong enough to challenge the old firm.

Right now the answer is no I dont think we will win the league but by the time the split comes we will be comfortably in 3rd and will probably have a big say which one of the 2 uglies wins it.

However if by mid March we are still in the hunt around the top of the league then god help those around me whether that be work or socially as I will literally be a nightmare.

I panic about us being in the title race its weird as everyone should love to be in this position but being a Hearts fan the stress of actually being able to win this thing would probably kill me if Im honest.

Once you've suffered 85/86 I dont think I will ever truly enjoy any title challenges as the let down that day was unbearable.

I know im weird but Im a Hearts fan.

Eternal pessimist that I am, I don't think we've a hope in hell of winning the league. However, I do think finishing second is definitely achievable.

Come on Mr X,

Give yourself some happy pills. There is sweet fa between the top 2 just now.

If we can get into a position to be second (for which you appear confident), then why don't we aim for the top?

For me, two home wins and two away draws (or minimum of 8 points) from the next 4 games, and we are very much in the title race IMHO. The gap between the Weejies, us, and the rest of the SPL is narrowing so we'll all drop points between now and the split.

If we can sort out our home form, then our away form takes care of itself.

I agree. If we can win one, draw 2 and not lose any ground over the next 4 games, then our 8 games after Ibrox on 2nd Feb are all winable.

I'm pretty low key about our title hopes. Rightly or wrongly, I just don't think we can do it.

But imagine if we win both games against the OF. What a position we'd be in. The players would have massive confidence. I think the fans would begin to sell out Tynie.

Oh, and the media would be forced to sit up and take notice.

Can we do it?

seen it all before if we get 2 points i will be amazed i hope i am wrong but i am to long in the tooth now to think anything else.

Come on Mr X,

Give yourself some happy pills. There is sweet fa between the top 2 just now.

If we can get into a position to be second (for which you appear confident), then why don't we aim for the top?

As others have said, I've been a Hearts fan for way too long now to ever get my hopes too high (I thought we'd beat St J quite comfortably last week for example). We have fecked up spectacularly too many times in the past. Nothing wrong with aiming for the top of course, but I can't see it.

As for second, if we got it I reckon we'd just scrape it but would be a fair bit off the top.

Hope I'm wrong of course. :thumbsup:

Fozzyonthefence

IMO winning the next 2 games would only get us into the title race (even then Rangers would still be in a very strong position assuming they win their 2nd game). However, lose, even just on Saturday and it is all over.

portobellojambo1

I'm pretty low key about our title hopes. Rightly or wrongly, I just don't think we can do it.

But imagine if we win both games against the OF. What a position we'd be in. The players would have massive confidence. I think the fans would begin to sell out Tynie.

Can we do it?

Its an interesting sequence in which the games come about against the OF on this occasion. Rangers home, Celtic away, Rangers away, with St Johnstone in between the two away fixtures.

Before the games kick off I'm asking myself if either side will want to do anything on the park which could reduce HMFC's squad in any way for the matches to follow. Rangers, in the first match, might look at it that they want HMFC to field their strongest side at Parkhead on the Wednesday, and at Parkhead on the Wednesday Celtic might need to ensure our strongest team is available for the trip to Ibrox.

I don't think we have anything to fear from any of these 3 games against the OF, my niggling worry is we could end up dealing with these three games well and come a cropper against St Johnstone at Tynecastle (such is the Hearts way).

Nah, not enough quality in the squad plus the honest mistakers will see to it that we're not in the running.

The real fans can use that quote if I am proved wrong but I most likely won't be.

Can we do it?

Since Setanta USA collapsed last year, taking with them the occassional broadcasted Hearts match, I've only been ably regularly catch OF matches, and nothing about them is particularly impressive. So, while B2B wins would be fantastic, two wins wouldn't be totally remarkable in itself, I think, given the shoddiness of the opposition.

I think the key in maintaining a challenge is the form against non-OF teams. The OF consistently take points off each other, so the key to title comes down to form against the other 10 teams. Hearts need to emulate that form, and that self-belief the OF have that, even if they're 1 or 2 nil down, they'll find a way to get a result.

Which is what makes the Killie result all the more important...

If we split wins with Rangers, get a draw at Parkheid and beat St Johnstone we are still very much in this title race.

Rangers have a tiny squad, are still playing in 4 competitions and are losing their top goalscorer. Celtic have just been held by HAMILTON ACCIES and have a utterly awful manager with no tactical knowledge whatsoever. If said manager even gets close to a title race he will get his ginger knickers in a twist and baws it up big style.

They will both drop pints, that I am certain of. What I am not certain of is if we can be as consistent and as good as we have been since 7th November. As long as we get to the split in touching distance (realistically 3 but definitely no more than 5 points off top) it's game on.

I hope Tom keeps his snake in his pants when viewing this thread and I hope Lionheart mutilates Mothy's leg with the axe. thumbsup.gif

No longer active

Suppose we are up there at the split. Then its guaranteed that we will play 6 & 5th place at home and the rest away. The GFA will see to that!

fingers finest

YES we can,along with our own form there has been a few subtle things fall our way,ie the well game being off then when rescheduled its first game since brown left,we also played the sheep at the perfect moment,just a gut feeling that this undefeated run hasnt run its course just yet.

A week ago i was looking at the killie game as a much harder game to get 3 points from than this saturdays game,man for man we have NOTHING to fear,the fact miller is away is also a huge bonus and another subtle thing in our favor.

Can we win the league?to early to say just yet

Can we win the next two games?to right we can

Both games are there for the taking its upto us to take them

Archived