Imagine if we won both games

Craigieboy

I'm pretty low key about our title hopes. Rightly or wrongly, I just don't think we can do it.

But imagine if we win both games against the OF. What a position we'd be in. The players would have massive confidence. I think the fans would begin to sell out Tynie.

Oh, and the media would be forced to sit up and take notice.

Can we do it?

we can do it but the sad thing is that even if we manage it we weld still have a mountain to climb!

we can do it but the sad thing is that even if we manage it we weld still have a mountain to climb!

Agreed but i'd rather be climbing mountains than in free fall, cant wait for Saturday.

I'm pretty low key about our title hopes. Rightly or wrongly, I just don't think we can do it.

But imagine if we win both games against the OF. What a position we'd be in. The players would have massive confidence. I think the fans would begin to sell out Tynie.

Can we do it?

If we win our next four games we are right in the title race, no question of that.

Indeed one could argue that we are in it now because we have those four games to play, which we could win and gain gound on the uglies.

It's a massive ask, but not an impossible one by any means. Most importantly, it's in our hands.

Pie in the sky? Maybe, but isn't it great just to be able to, in January, talk about such scenarios?

My hope is that we take the game to them. My fear is that we sit back. Yet what I don't worry about is being at 0-0 with ten minutes to go.

This Hearts team can score from anywhere at any given time.

Rudi-Skacel-Hearts_2539979.jpg

0,,10289~9105154,00.jpg

_50463317_templeton.jpg

Kevin-Kyle-006.jpg

Chances of the title? I can't see it myself but every chance of doin the two glesga teams,but if the challange from us last's the distance the glasgow press will try and stir the pot to get either the fans or vlad to react to some story or bend the truth about a glesga club wanting to buy a hearts player just before we play them

Have been here before, in 1986 so will NEVER get carried away but, compared to the last couple of years I am loving it this season. Can we do both Rangers and Celtic? Yup. No doubt about it. They both STILL believe thy are better than us and will not take us seriously, it's not in their nature. They are only afraid of each other. Don't forget they also have to play each other a couple of times so points will be dropped. After these 4 games we will KNOW if we are going for 3rd or 1st, not worrying about finishing in the top 6. Most pleasing. MON THE JAM TARTS. :thumbsup:

To win the title we'll need to beat Rangers 3 times and Celtic twice.

That is a massive ask imo.

I dont think we do, these 2 will drop points all over the place we just need to keep in touch.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Can we do it?

We play them three times in quick succession... I am very sceptical personaly but would love to be proven wrong. :thumbsup:

Geoff Kilpatrick

And you wonder why people want a 16/18 team league?

What better way of generating interest in a competition than a proper title race?

If we win the next four games I'll need to visit my doctor and demand sedation enough to see me through to the end of the season. I'd be in serious danger of fusing the old head wiring. So far, I've been pretty good at not getting too excited or carried away by what's happening but that sort of sign would just be the catalyst for more excitement than I can possibly contain. In saying that, I'm still quite scared of getting carried away. Danger and obstacles lurk around every corner and I don't know at what point (if ever) I'll settle in to thinking we stand a realistic chance of doing something a bit different this season. If I was any other way I suppose I'd be an OF supporter though.

The one thing I do know is that it is entirely in our hands though. Right now at this point, there's absolutely no footballing reason why we can't stay in the race. It's going to come down to grit, determination and confidence imo. They can play football, they just need to be sure they believe they can beat anyone anywhere....and that's a lot to ask of them....

The Treasurer

And you wonder why people want a 16/18 team league?

What better way of generating interest in a competition than a proper title race?

Spot on GK.

In the present set up we have to play the 2 strongest teams in the league a total of 8 times.

To win even half those games is a big ask.

Replace 4 of those matches with games against teams currently in 1st division and our chances of winning increase.

As for the next 4 matches, I'm not saying we have to do this or not do that, I'll just wait and see where we are once we've played them.

Spot on GK.

In the present set up we have to play the 2 strongest teams in the league a total of 8 times.

To win even half those games is a big ask.

Replace 4 of those matches with games against teams currently in 1st division and our chances of winning increase.

As for the next 4 matches, I'm not saying we have to do this or not do that, I'll just wait and see where we are once we've played them.

But so do the OF's. And who do you think teams currently in the 1st Div would fancy their chances against more? The OF, or us?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If we win the next four games I'll need to visit my doctor and demand sedation enough to see me through to the end of the season. I'd be in serious danger of fusing the old head wiring. So far, I've been pretty good at not getting too excited or carried away by what's happening but that sort of sign would just be the catalyst for more excitement than I can possibly contain. In saying that, I'm still quite scared of getting carried away. Danger and obstacles lurk around every corner and I don't know at what point (if ever) I'll settle in to thinking we stand a realistic chance of doing something a bit different this season. If I was any other way I suppose I'd be an OF supporter though.

The one thing I do know is that it is entirely in our hands though. Right now at this point, there's absolutely no footballing reason why we can't stay in the race. It's going to come down to grit, determination and confidence imo. They can play football, they just need to be sure they believe they can beat anyone anywhere....and that's a lot to ask of them....

I know what you mean...

the thing is we are having a great season but we will need the OF to lose at least two games each without us losing any in that time just to get in and about them properly... that is a tough question to ask of the lads when we play rangers twice and Celtic once in the next couple of weeks or so.

My feet are staying firmly planted on the ground just now because despite our amazing run we are still a few points behind them both... If we were to go level on points with the same amount of games played and no head to heads for a couple of weeks on the horizon then I will be in the waiting room chair next to you at the quacks'!

If we win against rangers we still have two tricky away ties in Glasgow in a very short space of time so i will still be trying to not get carried away even if we beat the odds at Tynie this Saturday.

I need a lie down. :blink:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

yes-we-can.gif

We won't though.

great to have you back Shaun... and yes we CAN... but even Mr positive over here is keeping it in check for now. :ermm:

Geoff Kilpatrick

But so do the OF's. And who do you think teams currently in the 1st Div would fancy their chances against more? The OF, or us?

Who do you think they would be more 'up' for facing?

There is no glamour in playing the gruesomes these days and that reduces the whole 'big game' feeling which creates an occasion. Instead we have too many managers with the Bert Paton attitude, not bothered about the 24 points available.

great to have you back Shaun... and yes we CAN... but even Mr positive over here is keeping it in check for now. :ermm:

Cheers Mothman! And hey, I don't really believe we will - but if it was good enough for Obama, it's good enough for me.

Yes we can! Yes we can! Yes we can! :thumbsup:

I have no doubt whatsoever that our best XI could take their best XIs.

The question is, can we keep Skacel, Elliott and Kyle fit?

Can we keep Temps ticking over?

The rest of the team is solid; Kello, Eggert, Black, Mroiec, Zali, Wallace (or Ruben), and to a slightly lesser degree, Bouzid (imo).

Keeping the attcking front four fit is key.

Let's put it another way, if someone could guarantee that Skacel, Kyle et al would remain fit between now and May, I would then suggest that we'd have one hell of a chance.

Who do you think they would be more 'up' for facing?

There is no glamour in playing the gruesomes these days and that reduces the whole 'big game' feeling which creates an occasion. Instead we have too many managers with the Bert Paton attitude, not bothered about the 24 points available.

I think they'd be much more intimidated by the prospect of trips to Glasgow than Tynie; and also that we'd be viewed as a more realistic 'target'. Remember the glee of opponents as we fell from grace in 1998/9? We were there to be shot at; but deep down, however weak they are, I doubt smaller clubs will ever feel that way about the gruesomes.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think they'd be much more intimidated by the prospect of trips to Glasgow than Tynie; and also that we'd be viewed as a more realistic 'target'. Remember the glee of opponents as we fell from grace in 1998/9? We were there to be shot at; but deep down, however weak they are, I doubt smaller clubs will ever feel that way about the gruesomes.

I wouldn't argue that. However, in terms of showing your ability on the 'big stage', the chances would be halved. Therefore, if you as a player want to make your mark you have fewer chances to do so. I think it is fair to say that the more professionals who put themselves under that sort of pressure, the more likely they are to produce a performance and therefore increase competition.

Can we do it?

Aye Craig, Imagine..Back to sleep buddy boy :blink:

Cheers Mothman! And hey, I don't really believe we will - but if it was good enough for Obama, it's good enough for me.

Yes we can! Yes we can! Yes we can! :thumbsup:

Almost as cringeworthy as his "Fired Up - Ready To Go".....Lets Go Change The World" rant

Aye Craig, Imagine..Back to sleep buddy boy :blink:

Come on Tom. You sure there isn't even a teeny wee bit of you that has been sitting wondering the same thing and thinking that we might stand some sort of a chance? Even one tiny smidgen of 'what if'? :)

Almost as cringeworthy as his "Fired Up - Ready To Go".....Lets Go Change The World" rant

My advice, Tom, is to stop moaning and get with the program. Cowboy Up, buddy! Or to put it another way:

1098284648_8731-1.gif

Come on Tom. You sure there isn't even a teeny wee bit of you that has been sitting wondering the same thing and thinking that we might stand some sort of a chance? Even one tiny smidgen of 'what if'? :)

Hey Ms Red, I think you were pointed out to me on New Years Day in Diggers, that being the case I shall succumb to anything you say :whistling:

But back to your point, Lets put it this way, I'm going to Darkheid on Wed night for the first time since the 98 cup final ( was away for 9 of those years) So the fact I'm going either tells you I'm stoopid, or I Believe :thumbsup:

My advice, Tom, is to stop moaning and get with the program. Cowboy Up, buddy! Or to put it another way:

1098284648_8731-1.gif

OK Shaun, Why Not indeed.....You know how to get me on-board

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Can we please not do this? Optimism spreads like wildfire amongst the fans and we'll be right up for come kick-off on Saturday afternoon but should we lose an early goal, heads will go down and the fans tend to react very harshly. There's not really a middle ground where we can "still get back into the game", the team are either league contenders or not fit to wear the shirt.

I'm trying to be sensible. We've a good chance of winning, but so do Rangers. Hopefully, if things don't go our way early on we'll keep supporting them rather than giving them absolutely terrible abuse like on Tuesday.

The Treasurer

Fully agree with what you're saying but my point is that we would have fewer games against the top 2.

If we were challenging then we could and should be able to beat all other teams in the league but the OF are always going to be the hardest ones to win so by reducing the number of fixtures against them can only be a good thing.

Hey Ms Red, I think you were pointed out to me on New Years Day in Diggers, that being the case I shall succumb to anything you say :whistling:

But back to your point, Lets put it this way, I'm going to Darkheid on Wed night for the first time since the 98 cup final ( was away for 9 of those years) So the fact I'm going either tells you I'm stoopid, or I Believe :thumbsup:

You should have said hello! Take it you weren't one of the troublemakers who got us all turfed out? :)

Good to hear about Darkheid too. I'm going to Ibrox for the first time in years and I have no doubt that the reason I've found the intestinal fortitude to sufficiently overcome my distaste for that ground is our current run of form. The wee bit of my brain that's thinking all the 'what if' stuff doesn't want to miss out on those pivotal moments that could make or break our season. You're definitely doing better than me if you can make it to Parkhead though.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I agree with JMT here, thing is if we win we will still only be 'chasing them' if we lose we will have a mountain to climb.

Let's keep it in check until the game and the guy unfortunate enough to be sitting next to me gets peshed off with my leg going up and down rapidly for 90 minutes as I go through the emotional turmoil of wanting but not daring to hope.

Can we please not do this? Optimism spreads like wildfire amongst the fans and we'll be right up for come kick-off on Saturday afternoon but should we lose an early goal, heads will go down and the fans tend to react very harshly. There's not really a middle ground where we can "still get back into the game", the team are either league contenders or not fit to wear the shirt.

I'm trying to be sensible. We've a good chance of winning, but so do Rangers. Hopefully, if things don't go our way early on we'll keep supporting them rather than giving them absolutely terrible abuse like on Tuesday.

Ach, it's just hope, mate. If we can't hope now, when can we? I do get what you mean: but the team have been so resilient, they've earned our faith in them.

(Even if I think it's got 'draw' written all over it...) :lol:

Not true, but I don't think it's a massive ask anyway, we always raise our game against them, we have a pretty reasonable record of beating Celtic when we need to, and we were 10 minuites from beating Rangers at Tynie, when we were on a crap run of form. If we beat Rangers on Saturday I will really start beleiving we can push them al the way. if we draw then no harm done but we will be looking at others to do us a favour, even If we lose it's not all over, it's just a lot harder.

Too many pessimists on here, anything is possible. I'm sick of hearing the media banging on about Hearts and the 'race for third' too BTW, it's really gripping my shit at the moment. At this moment we are in the race for First, make no mistake, write us off at your peril weegie vermin.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I agree with JMT here, thing is if we win we will still only be 'chasing them' if we lose we will have a mountain to climb.

Let's keep it in check until the game and the guy unfortunate enough to be sitting next to me gets peshed off with my leg going up and down rapidly for 90 minutes as I go through the emotional turmoil of wanting but not daring to hope.

Its ok, I have found a solution.

axe1.jpg

I'm interested in how well we can compete with the Bigots, we have been at a different level from both of them in recent years, even when we have beaten them.

You should have said hello! Take it you weren't one of the troublemakers who got us all turfed out? :)

Good to hear about Darkheid too. I'm going to Ibrox for the first time in years and I have no doubt that the reason I've found the intestinal fortitude to sufficiently overcome my distaste for that ground is our current run of form. The wee bit of my brain that's thinking all the 'what if' stuff doesn't want to miss out on those pivotal moments that could make or break our season. You're definitely doing better than me if you can make it to Parkhead though.

Nah, no trouble from me, I was only there pre game, had to rush back to Musselburgh to make sure I collected my beers from the poor Hibernian locals

As for "Hello" I'm way too shy but my buddy who knew who you were had certainly taken a wee shine to you, he had a wee glint in his eye when he pointed you out he he he :whistling:

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Ach, it's just hope, mate. If we can't hope now, when can we? I do get what you mean: but the team have been so resilient, they've earned our faith in them.

(Even if I think it's got 'draw' written all over it...) :lol:

I agree, I'm all for optimism but have they really earned our faith? Some of the abuse was just sick. Wishing death upon some of the players for misplaced passes ffs.

Then again, I doubt the same will happen against Rangers for a couple of reasons: the first being that they proved themselves at Kilmarnock, which will go a long way and the other being that it's at home to Rangers, when anything can happen really.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Lionheart,

:D

You saw me the last time the huns paid a visit! That was gut-wrenching and I was devastated at the end... I was at the Cup game and it just brought it back to me how fragile it can all become. Killie got my juices flowing again though so I will be up for it as always but... I take the let-downs badly, so I will go in support and in hope rather than expectation!

Nah, no trouble from me, I was only there pre game, had to rush back to Musselburgh to make sure I collected my beers from the poor Hibernian locals

As for "Hello" I'm way too shy but my buddy who knew who you were had certainly taken a wee shine to you, he had a wee glint in his eye when he pointed you out he he he :whistling:

Next time I spot a glinty eyed sort in the Diggers, I'll have an idea who he is then... wink.gif

And JMT - if we don't at least think about the prospect of exciting things happening at this point, when can we do it?

Guest John Meurig Thomas

And JMT - if we don't at least think about the prospect of exciting things happening at this point, when can we do it?

I'm not saying don't do that. I'm just saying let's not get our hopes up massively and keep in mind that it might not work out. We're a nasty bunch when we're let down from a great height.

:vrface: :vrface: :vrface:

The "flirting" on this thread is seriously honking patter. Please keep it to yirselves.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The "flirting" on this thread is seriously honking patter. Please keep it to yirselves.

OI! My relationships with Lionheart and Lawson are purely plutonic! And I think that this is the first time I have ever agreed with JMT on anything! :angry:

Sergio Garcia

Im a one game at a time man, my mate at the start of December was talking about it but im not letting myself get carried away.

Although the second half against Killie got me starting to wonder.

Come back to me on 2nd of Feb. Once we've reached that we will know so much more!

OI! My relationships with Lionheart and Lawson are purely plutonic! And I think that this is the first time I have ever agreed with JMT on anything! :angry:

Sorry bud but when "he he" appears on a thread discussing HMFC's title challenge, I think someone has to speak up.

LOL, Im just acting as a go between, I saw that redm had a bloke in toe so god help ma' buddy :whistling:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Sorry bud but when "he he" appears on a thread discussing HMFC's title challenge, I think someone has to speak up.

Ah but who are we to stand in the way of true love?

Some things are more important than football... :D

jack D and coke

Start talking about it end of march if we're still in the hunt. I think we're capable of beating them both but we need to keep the full strength team fit and get plenty contentious decisions, ones that can go against you.

We're going to need sh*toads of luck and serious graft to just stay close to them. Can it be done? I don't think we'll get too many better chances. We have as good a squad as we've had for many a year.

I wish I was going Saturday I can feel the tension building slowly. Tynecastle is truly special on occasions like this.

Rangers are, in relative terms, poor. As are Celtic. By our standards we're playing pretty well and have had a phenomenal run of results. We've shown over the last few years we are capable of getting results against both, and there's no reason why we can't get positive results in the next few games if we play well.

We're still clear third favourites for the league, and rightly so. JMT is spot on about the over-reaction there is likely to be if we lose on Saturday, because people are getting themselves worked up about a, still, inlikely title win. Whatever teh results of the next few games, perspective has to be retained. Defeat doesn't make us terrible, 4 wins out of 4 won't win us the league.

Archived