Zal and Bouzid Interest

dunciboyjambo

The People's Chimp

I think Barr will come good and could easily replace Bouzy in the defence!

Vlad will be looking for a good fee for Zal and I can't see that happening.

I'd love to be proven wrong, But I don't think Barr is going to succeed at CB for Hearts.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Reb',

Oh I agree bud, in fact I don't even just think it is when someone is challenging them, just doing reasonably well is enough. The worst ones I can remember were when Bruno came back and saved our season in Csaba's debut term and they went and huckled Jose at Nurenberg and asked him if he thought Bruno would do well at Rangers... Cue pics of Mendes and Bruno superimposed beside each other with their fists raised in triumph and a nippy and unsettling headline. The other one was "Rangers tell Ritchie to sit tight and we'll rescue him from his Tynecastle hell"

Charlie-Brown

Except for uniquely special players John Robertson who made such a historical contribution nobody in the current team and nobody else in modern times has proven to be indispensable not even special players like Craig Gordon. Yes none of the current goalies since Gordon are anywhere as good as him but in Kello we have somebody who is good enough to enable us to compete at the higher end of the SPL similarly after Niemi left it wasn't too long until we had Craig Gordon. All of our players are replaceable given a little bit time to find or bed in a replacement.

Exactly Mate. Rankers don't have a pot to piss in And if they did have a pot, it would be owned by loyds anyway and everyone knows that.

But in the run up to any OF game from A.N. Other challanging team (beacause this doesn't just happen to us) some story, designed to have a negative impact, is suddenly found from somewhere and the media are compelled to report it.

Not just once or twice. Not just often. But every single time there is a crucial game against one of the uglies a story about transfer speculation, off field antics of players, financial problems or something else negative is suddenly documented somewhere.

I spent a long time looking to see if it was true and, trust me. It is.

If any bid comes in for Zal or Boozy in this transfer window from Leeds, Cardiff or another Championship club I'll eat my own Jobby.

This we need to see.

Mods - mark this in some way.

Oh god what have I done now!! :unsure::lol:

(quick..... Time for some research only got 11 days)

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&&sa=X&ei=jis4TYqPLsSZhQfai-mjCg&sqi=2&ved=0CBoQvwUoAQ&q=what+causes+constipation&spell=1&fp=975ed894378411e6

Mr Brightside

I think Barr will come good and could easily replace Bouzy in the defence!

Vlad will be looking for a good fee for Zal and I can't see that happening.

I'm with with you on that one.

I also think Zal irreplacable at the moment I think he is suited to the Scottish game.

Exactly Mate. Rankers don't have a pot to piss in And if they did have a pot, it would be owned by loyds anyway and everyone knows that.

But in the run up to any OF game from A.N. Other challanging team (beacause this doesn't just happen to us) some story, designed to have a negative impact, is suddenly found from somewhere and the media are compelled to report it.

Not just once or twice. Not just often. But every single time there is a crucial game against one of the uglies a story about transfer speculation, off field antics of players, financial problems or something else negative is suddenly documented somewhere.

I spent a long time looking to see if it was true and, trust me. It is.

If any bid comes in for Zal or Boozy in this transfer window from Leeds, Cardiff or another Championship club I'll eat my own Jobby.

I would be amazed if Leeds had ?2m to spend and if they did I'm not sure it would be spent on a cb.

Cardiff on the other hand....

Aren't Cardiff in the same position as Portsmouth with the tax man at the minute?

Bouzid can go as I think that with him in the final 6 months of his contract his mind will be focused on finding a new club. His history shows that he never stays with a team past the length of his contract.

Get Barr or McGowan in at CB.

As for those on here thinking that ?2m for Zal wold be a good deal can I remind them that Rangers coined in ?3m for Wilson after a good 6 months. I think that Vlad will rate Zal at being worth far more than ?2m.

Bouzid can stay as he's doing well, and it would be insane to try and develop a new centre back partnership in crucial games against the OF. Also, he will probably play well to help him get a deal with a decent club.

Fixed that for you.

I would be amazed if Leeds had ?2m to spend and if they did I'm not sure it would be spent on a cb.

Cardiff on the other hand....

I spoke to a cardiff supporting mate yesterday who said they 'dont have a pot to pi55 in' so they wont be after zal.. maybe bouzid on a bosman but they cant pay a fee

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I spoke to a cardiff supporting mate yesterday who said they 'dont have a pot to pi55 in' so they wont be after zal.. maybe bouzid on a bosman but they cant pay a fee

If that turns out to be the situation then I hope they have a bloody good centrehalf to play beside him because he'll need it.

itsnomarooned

Zal needs to stay, I'm sure we could replace bouzid. I know he is a fantastic LB but I've always thought Lee Wallace has all the attributes to play left side of centre back if we needed cover in there

So .... in that case Wallace isn't a replacement for Bouzid.

I wouldn't die in a ditch over losing Bouzid as I think we potentially have adequate cover in Jonsson, Mrowiec, Barr but all in all I'd suggest he's worth more to us in the team, in terms of continuity etc., than what we'll achieve as a price for someone fairly ordinary in the last 6 months of a contract.

Selling Zaliukis would be utter madness! (unless it's to Man City who have more money than sense)

JamboAberdeen

Can't see any point of losing this partnership now.

Yes Bouzid will be out of contract this summer but would be surprised if he folk out more than 500k now.

Simply it's be too risky for small transfer fee,

Both player can go this summer, Bouzid for free while Zali at right price.

Also I wanna see Barr standing up and challenge either of them before the end of the season.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Can't see any point of losing this partnership now.

Yes Bouzid will be out of contract this summer but would be surprised if he folk out more than 500k now.

Simply it's be too risky for small transfer fee,

Both player can go this summer, Bouzid for free while Zali at right price.

Also I wanna see Barr standing up and challenge either of them before the end of the season.

I'd be surprised at 50k tbh.

Defo agree about breaking upa partnership at this point for small beer though. :blink:

Frankenstein Jambo.

If they offer us a million plus for either of them I think we should bite their hands off.

We could replace them with half that money.

Since Jan09 we have meant to be seeling all and sundry I think in sales it has been Gordon and Berra. Hardly the fire sale so many are willing to predict every transfer window.

John

If they offer us a million plus for either of them I think we should bite their hands off.

We could replace them with half that money.

With Bouzid I'd agree, although I don't know what club would be stupid enough to pay a million pound for a defender that's out of contract at the end of the season.

With Zal I totally disagree, you'd struggle to buy a decent SPL defender for half a million pound.

Johanes de Silentio

Be a shame to split up a decent partnership, but I'd rather sell Bouzid than see him frozen out for not signing a contract, or for signing a pre-contract with another club.

Not convinced that we'd offer Bouzid another deal, mind you - I suspect he's a fairly big earner.

I'm starting to see Eggert as a centre-half these days - doesn't look happy at right-back, somehow.

tartofmidlothian

I think given his form this season and the fact he's on a long term contract, we can now rate Zaliukas in the ?3m+ club alongside Wallace, Temps and Driver (when fit). Would be very disappointed if Vlad sold for less, or sold anyone this window without an inspirational replacement coming in.

While I do have trust in JJ, I dont think we can replace them in this window if they do go, which would effectivley mean no push for the title as we dont have ample cover for they positions!

Really? I think it would take exceptional fortune to get a better centre half than Zal on our budget.

Zal is far from easily replaced. Agree on Bouzid.

Losing Zal, be it now or at the end of the season, which I think is likely but for good money, will be a big dent in our squad and JJ/VR will have to pull something out the hat to relpace him. Other than Boughera, I don't think i'd take another CH in the league over Zali

I do get where you guys are coming from, but remember, this guy has came onto a game this season. He was still far too erratic last year but has pushed that out of his game. This is to his credit, partially, but a large part of that credit is down to Jefferies IMO. Last season, we would have been lucky to get any sort of bid for him (contract situation aside) and it is only this recent form that has changed any of that. For me, his form has been as unexpected as it has been excellent.

A serious bid and I would take it. I can't help thinking, "if Jefferies can make him THAT good from THAT shite, what could he do with a defender that was good already?" then start remembering the great players we have had at Hearts and get all misty eyed.

Oh, and in particular reference to the first poster, we are not going to win the league. Well, for us to even look at that, we need a couple of Glasgow wins over the next week or so. If that is on, Jefferies and Romanov would not release a single player anyway. If the league aint on, I'd rather we built for 2011/2012 asap, with the right signings, we might win that one.:ninja:

:woot:

No he hasnt - he's gone from being woeful to being a mediocre bombscare who got sent off every 4 or 5 games he played in previous seasons

This is the first season he has had any sort of run of form and good discipline together.

I'm with Big Husref on this - I'd be confident we could replace either or both relatively easily, but not from within the current squad. The risk would be the bedding in period at this time in the season for any new players.

With Zal signing a new contract I doubt Leeds would have the money to tempt Vlad. I would imagine Vlad would be trying to line up a Russian transfer for Zal at some point.

We will hopefully not break the pairing up this Jan, but would be chilled if they both left in the summer

Breaking it up in January would only be a concern for me if we were not properly recompensed AND if it were the end of the month. I do agree though, replacements would have to come from outwith as it would be a big ask to rely on Barr right away.

Oh, and in particular reference to the first poster, we are not going to win the league. Well, for us to even look at that, we need a couple of Glasgow wins over the next week or so. If that is on, Jefferies and Romanov would not release a single player anyway. If the league aint on, I'd rather we built for 2011/2012 asap, with the right signings, we might win that one.:ninja:

Breaking it up in January would only be a concern for me if we were not properly recompensed AND if it were the end of the month. I do agree though, replacements would have to come from outwith as it would be a big ask to rely on Barr right away.

I doubt we'll win the league or even run the OF that close, but I'd feel much happier trying to get results at the weekend and in Glasgow with a well-established partnership at centre half, especially given how few goals we've conceded recently. By all means, sell Bouzid if we lose the next two games, but let's see what happens there first. We're not going to get a fortune for a player of that standard with 6 months to go anyway. I would keep Zaliukas for next year if he's happy to stay. The idea that he's only been good this year is very harsh - he has had fewer mistakes and has sorted out the disciplinary stuff so far, but he has been improving steadily in his time at Hearts.

mahgrassyshoes

I do get where you guys are coming from, but remember, this guy has came onto a game this season. He was still far too erratic last year but has pushed that out of his game. This is to his credit, partially, but a large part of that credit is down to Jefferies IMO. Last season, we would have been lucky to get any sort of bid for him (contract situation aside) and it is only this recent form that has changed any of that. For me, his form has been as unexpected as it has been excellent.

A serious bid and I would take it. I can't help thinking, "if Jefferies can make him THAT good from THAT shite, what could he do with a defender that was good already?" then start remembering the great players we have had at Hearts and get all misty eyed.

I think this is the problem with many people with regards to Zal. We're so used to top, top defenders that we can't accept a good defender, who is excellent at our current level, as being good enough. He may no be a Pressley, Webster, Ritchie or weir. Or a Jardine or Levein from before that, but he is more than good enough for a Hearts team in this climate. He would walk into the OF defences imo so he is good enough to be a SPL winning defender.

So maybe we should hold on and see what happens in the next couple of weeks before consigning Bouzid and Zal to the exits while preparing for next season?

Still disagreeing with you BH!! I think Zal has been a very good player for us since before JJ came along. He was great for the whole of last season (although a bit hampered by injury). Remember the LC semi, where although we were pish, Zal was just fantastic. I know JJ was in charge by then, but you just don't instill that type of spirit in a player, he just has it. Even the season before, he had those disciplinary problems, but by and large he played well.

Anyway, we agree he's guid now!!

scott herbertson

It does amaze me how many people seem to think that putting together a central defensive partnership is easy, especially given how badly we did when Zal was out earlier this year.

Absolutely - just look at the goals against column - I wonder how that happened???? - especially as we have two midfielders playing at fullback until the last game

I can't believe how little respect Bouzid gets for his contribution - jeez!

[/b]I think this is the problem with many people with regards to Zal. We're so used to top, top defenders that we can't accept a good defender, who is excellent at our current level, as being good enough. He may no be a Pressley, Webster, Ritchie or weir. Or a Jardine or Levein from before that, but he is more than good enough for a Hearts team in this climate. He would walk into the OF defences imo so he is good enough to be a SPL winning defender.

So maybe we should hold on and see what happens in the next couple of weeks before consigning Bouzid and Zal to the exits while preparing for next season?

I actually don't think that is a problem. I don't think many folk compare him to Levein and McLaren (apart from silly people comparing him favourably) and judge him. Zaliukas doesn't need to be Levein, McLaren or McPherson but he does need to be a good centre half. This season he most definitely has been a good centre half, but as recent as last season, he wasn't capable of these heights. I think you may have missed my point. I was dreaming, enthusiastically, about Jefferies ability to make players better. I was saying that making the Zaliukas we had last season THIS good is another feather in Jefferies camp, I wonder how he'd do if we got a centre half who was already better than Zaliukas' last season form? How far could Jefferies take him?

As for the last bit, it is a toughie. I actually don't think we will win all these games whether they are here or not. Somebody on another thread says that we should be warning the Glasgow two, sending a shot across their bow to say "we are a good side and next year could take your title from you". I happen to think building for the future sends that message. You are right though, a settled back four would help us in the trip to Glasgow. I suppose, for me, it is a case of balancing off the short term gain against the future.

It's academic though, I don't see Romanov releasing either player in the next ten days unless an obscene bid comes in.

Still disagreeing with you BH!! I think Zal has been a very good player for us since before JJ came along. He was great for the whole of last season (although a bit hampered by injury). Remember the LC semi, where although we were pish, Zal was just fantastic. I know JJ was in charge by then, but you just don't instill that type of spirit in a player, he just has it. Even the season before, he had those disciplinary problems, but by and large he played well.

Anyway, we agree he's guid now!!

Sorry, not agreeing here either! :laugh:

I don't think he was very good for us last year or any previous year. He was the sort of player that could have the odd good game but was far too often caught out of position and exposed. That particular game against St Mirren, I don't think he played well at all. It was games like that one that convinced me people were bonkers to say he was great. I had missed some away games where he was allegedly good and when I saw him play he was honk. This was one of those games that people rated him and I witnessed it with my own eyes and he was still honk.

Just to be clear, my issue with discipline was largely about his lack of defensive discipline.

You are right though, we agree now as he has been excellent for us so far this season.:thumbsup:

Archived