Zal and Bouzid Interest

dunciboyjambo

dunciboyjambo

Just heard it on Capital radio on way to work that Leeds and one other team (did not catch them as radio was kinda low) are looking to bid for Zal and Bouzid!

I did not catch the full thing as the radio was low and by the time i realised and turned it up it was over. It mentioned that Leeds had scouts up at Kille game on Tuesday and they were very impressed by the two.

ANyone else catch full story?

Just heard it on Capital radio on way to work that Leeds and one other team (did not catch them as radio was kinda low) are looking to bid for Zal and Bouzid!

I did not catch the full thing as the radio was low and by the time i realised and turned it up it was over. It mentioned that Leeds had scouts up at Kille game on Tuesday and they were very impressed by the two.

ANyone else catch full story?

A Cardiff fan I was speaking to last week said their boss was at the Cup game last week looking at them both although it was only reported in the papers as him looking at Bouzid. I doubt Zal will be going anywhere cheap having just signed his new contract.

I think this is the first January window where it's not a case of me looking to see who we are signing, but rather looking/hoping/praying we hang on to all we have got. If we can get into feb with our first 11 intact then that in its self will be a feat.

Please don't sell the jewels vlad.

Whilst both have upped their game recently, I think that we could get better.

I would put full trust in Jefferies to be able to replace them with equal/better players if these guys are sold.

I have little concern with this rumour if I am being honest.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Taking our current form in to account- I'll bet there are scouts from England and beyond at all our games just now, they can offer bigger wages and will anticipate the possibility of bargains to be had. There was probably a scouting team from Leeds there -among others- and they probably need defensive cover... Cue some journalist putting two and two together. I bet they would want to pick up some Hearts players on the cheap and Bouzid coming to the end of his contract is perhaps a possibility but... Pretty sure Vlad would tell them to GTF over Zal at this crucial juncture of an excellent season where we are up challengeing in the money end of the table, how much could (League 1?) Leeds offer Vlad for -fully contracted- Zali that Vlad would consider worth it for blowing our chance of making money from Europe?

Bouzid is replaceable but even then, would we get rid of an -admittedly average- centrehalf who plays every week and risk disrupting our form for the sake of a few twns of thousands of quid? It is not like Leeds would offer more than that for a player who they could pick up for nowt in the summer anyway.

Meh.

dunciboyjambo

I would put full trust in Jefferies to be able to replace them with equal/better players if these guys are sold.

While I do have trust in JJ, I dont think we can replace them in this window if they do go, which would effectivley mean no push for the title as we dont have ample cover for they positions!

Hopefully this is just rumours and both stay.

Zal is so important to us. I can't emphasize that enough.

ToadKiller Dog

In the market we would be looking at cant see anybody that we could get to replace Zal at such an important time .

Zal when on form is one of the best in the league .Zal has been an important player for us for a good few years and has matured into a good Captain ,

Who knows with a lot of luck and some real hard work a league winning Captain :whistling:

Would not really want to loose anybody this month except a few on the side lines .

The Treasurer

I'm sure scouts will have been taking an interest in our player for a while now.

It's only considered "news-worthy" at this time as we have back to back games against the OF

In geographical terms, we're only a hundred-odd miles from the Premiership, within the UK, with the same climate etc.

The only difference here is the general lower standard of the league.

Every scout in England will be aware of every single one of our better players at all times.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Hellenllama,

Fair bit of cash in the Championship right enough... Can't imagine they would be willing to toss 2million at us though... Reckon Vlad would want at least that and prob more at this stage of the season.

We_are_the_Hearts

If the money is right I would sell Bouzid but not Zal. We can put the Train back into defence now that Wallace is back! :thumbsup:

I still have hopes for Darren Barr.

Not quite sure where JJ sees Barr playing, Right Back or Centre Half but if either Bouzid or Zal go then he maybe the guy to come in and claim a spot

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If the money is right I would sell Bouzid but not Zal. We can put the Train back into defence now that Wallace is back! :thumbsup:

Last few months of Bouzid's contract though... Doubt we would get offered a decent enough sum to risk upsetting the balance at this stage. If i am going to be brutaly honest though, I would be amazed if anyone wanted Bouzid if he did not come as just a special offer part of the Zali deal.

Zal will be more a miss, but probably command at least ?2 million I'm gussing since he's just signed a new contract.

Leeds United and Sheffield United credited with an interest in the pair plus other as yet un-named Championship clubs.

I'd sell Bouzid but not Zal, too important.

Bouzid going wouldn't really concern me that much.

So much so I feel that whether he stays or goes we need to add another centre half to our ranks.

Really? I think it would take exceptional fortune to get a better centre half than Zal on our budget.

Really? I think it would take exceptional fortune to get a better centre half than Zal on our budget.

Yup... player of the month, his form has been instrumental in our league form.

kingantti1874

Zal needs to stay, I'm sure we could replace bouzid. I know he is a fantastic LB but I've always thought Lee Wallace has all the attributes to play left side of centre back if we needed cover in there

For what we would get for Bouzid now, it isn't worth breaking up a successful partnership. I wouldn't be that bothered if he went in the summer, as we would have time to get a new partnership going before the season started. Selling a first choice centre half now, with three games against the OF over the next couple of weeks, could be disastrous.

Snake Plissken

For what we would get for Bouzid now, it isn't worth breaking up a successful partnership. I wouldn't be that bothered if he went in the summer, as we would have time to get a new partnership going before the season started. Selling a first choice centre half now, with three games against the OF over the next couple of weeks, could be disastrous.

This post is factual.

No point selling either at this point in time. I'd rather keep Bouzid until the end of the season and lose him for nothing than to sell him for a small fee and break up a good partnership.

The People's Chimp

Bouzid going wouldn't really concern me that much.

So much so I feel that whether he stays or goes we need to add another centre half to our ranks.

It would worry me if he left right now. I like the guy and think he is committed on the pitch, which is what you need up here in the SPL. I also think we'd have to be shrewd to bring in another like for like player, which might be possible, but won't be easy. Look at the Barr fiasco for proof that it's not always easy. I'd like to see if any of the younger guys could make the step up, but unless we had a replacement lined up, I would be very uneasy about losing Bouzid.

.Zal has been an important player for us for a good few years and has matured into a good Captain ,

:woot:

No he hasnt - he's gone from being woeful to being a mediocre bombscare who got sent off every 4 or 5 games he played in previous seasons

This is the first season he has had any sort of run of form and good discipline together.

I'm with Big Husref on this - I'd be confident we could replace either or both relatively easily, but not from within the current squad. The risk would be the bedding in period at this time in the season for any new players.

With Zal signing a new contract I doubt Leeds would have the money to tempt Vlad. I would imagine Vlad would be trying to line up a Russian transfer for Zal at some point.

We will hopefully not break the pairing up this Jan, but would be chilled if they both left in the summer

Bouzid contract is up at the end of the season so he could leave for free.

OK. That would be better than trying to establish a new centre half in the middle of a set of crucial and challenging games.

The thing is if he signs a pre contract would he still be focus for hearts ? Can you really see vlad being happy with this aswell ? I know we all love jj but for the guys who think we could sell zal and do better, let me remind you of Gordon petic !!!!!! Oh Wallace is the best left back in the country let's leave him there !

Cardiff Manager Dave Jones was indeed at the St.Johnstone game (thankfully!). Lets be brutal here, all of our players are for sale at the right price. We know nothing about Zal's new contract (was it even mentioned on the official site???!). For all we know, he could have been given a Craig Gordon /Rudi /Bednar contract in order to up his immediate sale-value.

I suspect the right thing to do would be to wait for a big money bid from Eastern Europe for Zal. There have been little or no success-stories of Lithuanian players making it big down south which might mean the player himself preferring a move to Russia etc.

Bouzid should either sign a new deal that is good for the club or be sold before he walks for free. I'm sure that Darren Barr could work well at CB so long as Zal is next to him. Alternatively, Wallace can play there.

So, Sell Zal = not yet. Sell Bouzid = meh.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

If that is so then... Perhaps they were sniffing about Eremenko? :ermm:

They scout a huge number of games to be fair so I wouldn't read too much into this.

Zal is far from easily replaced. Agree on Bouzid.

Losing Zal, be it now or at the end of the season, which I think is likely but for good money, will be a big dent in our squad and JJ/VR will have to pull something out the hat to relpace him. Other than Boughera, I don't think i'd take another CH in the league over Zali

Guest Bilel Mohsni

They scout a huge number of games to be fair so I wouldn't read too much into this.

I'm not reading too much in to it either (see previous posts) i am just doing the same 'putting 2 and 2 together' that the press are. I'll bet there have been dozens of scouts from all over the place at Hearts games in the last few months.

The thing is if he signs a pre contract would he still be focus for hearts ? Can you really see vlad being happy with this aswell ? I know we all love jj but for the guys who think we could sell zal and do better, let me remind you of Gordon petic !!!!!! Oh Wallace is the best left back in the country let's leave him there !

I think the idea that guys are not professional enough to focus because they will be playing somewhere else next year is a bit silly. He's pretty unlikely to sign a pre-contract with another SPL club, so for me, it wouldn't matter at all. I don't try to guess what goes on in Vlad's head, although maybe it would be less of an issue if the club aren't that bothered about giving Bouzid a new deal. (which imo, is the correct decision. I'm not worried either if he's still here next year or not)

It does amaze me how many people seem to think that putting together a central defensive partnership is easy, especially given how badly we did when Zal was out earlier this year.

The People's Chimp

Cardiff Manager Dave Jones was indeed at the St.Johnstone game (thankfully!). Lets be brutal here, all of our players are for sale at the right price. We know nothing about Zal's new contract (was it even mentioned on the official site???!). For all we know, he could have been given a Craig Gordon /Rudi /Bednar contract in order to up his immediate sale-value.

I suspect the right thing to do would be to wait for a big money bid from Eastern Europe for Zal. There have been little or no success-stories of Lithuanian players making it big down south which might mean the player himself preferring a move to Russia etc.

Bouzid should either sign a new deal that is good for the club or be sold before he walks for free. I'm sure that Darren Barr could work well at CB so long as Zal is next to him. Alternatively, Wallace can play there.

So, Sell Zal = not yet. Sell Bouzid = meh.

Thank god half the fans on here aren't managers. Wallace can play at CB, said casually and without any sense of worry. Wallace is the best LB in the country and people would, without much of a second thought, happily put him in at CB? The mind boggles.

Anyway we all know that our players are for sale at the right price, that's fair enough. But in respect of Bouzid do we really want a few thousand and break up our CB pairing? Or is the value of getting a higher league placing, if possible, worth more than we would bring in for letting him go? That's got to be the real question.

Yes we do.

Yes it was.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20101111/marius-delighted-at-new-deal_2241384_2216601

I'd hate to MZ go, we couldn't replace him liek for like without shelling out close to ?2m imo.

Bouzid on the other hand I wouldn't shed too many tears over. It would however disrupt us for a few games while we decided whether to play Barr, Jonsson, Wallace, Mrowiec, McGowan or Kucharski (LOL) there. So I'd rather we hung on to him til the summer anyway.

Whoops! Fair-do's.

Oh - and who are we playing at the weekend?

Thats exactly what popped into my head when I read the OP

Never never never fails.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Thats exactly what popped into my head when I read the OP

Never never never fails.

The difference is that they could not link any of our crucial players to rangers because they could not pay Vlad enough to take them... Ah, Leeds! They'll do instead. :ninja:

Thank god half the fans on here aren't managers. Wallace can play at CB, said casually and without any sense of worry. Wallace is the best LB in the country and people would, without much of a second thought, happily put him in at CB? The mind boggles.

Anyway we all know that our players are for sale at the right price, that's fair enough. But in respect of Bouzid do we really want a few thousand and break up our CB pairing? Or is the value of getting a higher league placing, if possible, worth more than we would bring in for letting him go? That's got to be the real question.

Every single thing in this post I agree with, especially the first part.

Why people seem to be obsessed with Wallace playing at centre half after seeing how he did going forward the other night, and in every other game he plays at LB is just astonishing.

Every single thing in this post I agree with, especially the first part.

Why people seem to be obsessed with Wallace playing at centre half after seeing how he did going forward the other night, and in every other game he plays at LB is just astonishing.

Easy tigers! In no way was I implying that Lee Wallace is a first choice CB. My point was that should we lose one of our CBs in this window, Wallace would be an option. Yes he is better at LB and probably the best LB in the league BUT there is no point in having a great LB if you've got Kucharski at CB or losing the midfield protection because we've put Big Ade at CB. I'm not a football manager but I suspect these are the kind of things that JJ would need to consider.

alwaysthereinspirit

Zal leaving would be a huge loss. Pretty much irreplacable at this point in the season. Its no coincidence our record since he came back.

The difference is that they could not link any of our crucial players to rangers because they could not pay Vlad enough to take them... Ah, Leeds! They'll do instead. :ninja:

Exactly Mate. Rankers don't have a pot to piss in And if they did have a pot, it would be owned by loyds anyway and everyone knows that.

But in the run up to any OF game from A.N. Other challanging team (beacause this doesn't just happen to us) some story, designed to have a negative impact, is suddenly found from somewhere and the media are compelled to report it.

Not just once or twice. Not just often. But every single time there is a crucial game against one of the uglies a story about transfer speculation, off field antics of players, financial problems or something else negative is suddenly documented somewhere.

I spent a long time looking to see if it was true and, trust me. It is.

If any bid comes in for Zal or Boozy in this transfer window from Leeds, Cardiff or another Championship club I'll eat my own Jobby.

I think Barr will come good and could easily replace Bouzy in the defence!

Vlad will be looking for a good fee for Zal and I can't see that happening.

Exactly Mate. Rankers don't have a pot to piss in And if they did have a pot, it would be owned by loyds anyway and everyone knows that.

But in the run up to any OF game from A.N. Other challanging team (beacause this doesn't just happen to us) some story, designed to have a negative impact, is suddenly found from somewhere and the media are compelled to report it.

Not just once or twice. Not just often. But every single time there is a crucial game against one of the uglies a story about transfer speculation, off field antics of players, financial problems or something else negative is suddenly documented somewhere.

I spent a long time looking to see if it was true and, trust me. It is.

If any bid comes in for Zal or Boozy in this transfer window from Leeds, Cardiff or another Championship club I'll eat my own Jobby.

This we need to see.

Mods - mark this in some way.

Archived