Sellik fans "mhankcott"

Victorian

Rudolf's Mate

I agree with a lot of the posts however to compensate everyone would need to realise that we'd need to raise the roof for the 90 minutes. If this was done then it would be something else and would have a terrible effect on any team let alone the uglies.

Fozzyonthefence

I'm struggling to see any logic in this - they feel hard done by referees and are currently at war with the SFA, so decide to hit the other clubs financially. Sorry, I don't get how their warped, pathetic little minds work. But bring it on, can't wait - only problem is we won't fill their seats but at least it will be pollution free.

Can't someone (would be good if the media did their job properly for once) actually come up with a compilation of all the bad referreing decisions they have benefited from over the years? This should have been done when Reid came out with his ridicoulous "read your history books" rant.

Horrible, horrible club that attracts the armpit, no, the ring piece of Scottish society.

kennyblack'sshot

I'm struggling to see any logic in this - they feel hard done by referees and are currently at war with the SFA, so decide to hit the other clubs financially. Sorry, I don't get how their warped, pathetic little minds work. But bring it on, can't wait - only problem is we won't fill their seats but at least it will be pollution free.

Celtic fans, and club if they are backing this, shoot themselves in the foot yet again! One of the advantages the OF have is the size of their away support and all the pressuring of refs etc that results in.

All clubs on the receiving end of this boycott should turn it into a positive and give the tickets away to schools or offer open a walk-up gate. If clubs get a few new life-time fans out of it then that's something.

Celtic fans might find games become more enjoyable for everyone else without them there and they're never allowed back. Now that would be funny.

Dagger Is Back

Listening with interest to all these Celtic fans promoting their away fixture boycott.

They come to Tynie twice a year so let's call that 7000 fans in total at say ?30 a ticket = ?210K.

Hearts have let's just say, 10K season ticket holders (it's more but let's keep the maths simple).

If HMFC increased their ST prices by ?21 per person we could keep Celtic FC fans out of Tynie and not suffer financially.

That doesn't take into account any additional home fans attracted to the game due to the absence of the Greatest Fans In The World and all their nonsense.

My advice for Celtic fans - go on. Make our day, stay away.

kennyblack'sshot

This is the most unbelievable thing I have ever read, the most paranoid victim look at me statements ever - http://www.philmacgiollabhain.com/club-privately-supports-bhoycott/#more-816

That website and the comments take paranoia to new uncharted heights. Every single blog post is so one-sided and agenda-ridden I'm really not sure how that guy can call himself a journalist with a straight face.

This bit stood out:

When I pointed out that this boycott could, if it was sustained put an SPL club out of business and were the Association willing to have this happen Joe O?Rourke was unequivocal.

?If that?s what it takes for us to get fair treatment then yes!?

And I thought Celtic fans trumpeted themselves as supporters of "more than a club", standing up for the underdogs of the world! They're behaving like the big bully club we know they really are.

I'm with Sydney on this one we should explain that we feel their pain and to help them with their boycott we will NOT give them any tickets at all.

On the money side of things the OF effect is less than they think, most visiting teams bring between 600 and 1200 fans so the additional effect of the OF is only 2,300 to 3,000 fans

Thunderstruck

They really are showing themselves up for what they really are; bad losers. Everyone else seems to be able to take the odd reversal with a lot more good grace than these idiots. None of them have the backbone to be able to follow a team that doesn't have a "God given right to win".

The rest of the SPL should make a stand - pick a game where that mob are playing away and fill the empty parts of the stadium with 10 or 11 other sets of colours/scarves/banners and a few thousand supporters. That should help them understand that everyone else really does hate them.

Incidentally, converting your name to some sort of pseudo Gaelic version (as per link posted earlier) does not turn you into some sort of warrior poet or descendant of Irish royalty. C**p is still c**p whether or not you convert your name to Padraig nic-a-Hemorrhoid.

Archived