It just get's better...

ycj

:thumbsup::thumbsup: If this wasn't all inhospitable enough for Hibs, a maroon banner with the letters 'HMFC' clung to a back fence. Perhaps some Hearts fans had taken the wrong turning en route to watch their team's clash with Kilmarnock. Heavy rain had turned the pitch even greasier while a tightly-packed mass of Ayr fans goaded their guests from the Somerset Road end of the ground

:thumbsup::thumbsup: If this wasn't all inhospitable enough for Hibs, a maroon banner with the letters 'HMFC' clung to a back fence. Perhaps some Hearts fans had taken the wrong turning en route to watch their team's clash with Kilmarnock. Heavy rain had turned the pitch even greasier while a tightly-packed mass of Ayr fans goaded their guests from the Somerset Road end of the ground

Pretty sure I know who that was. A few Hearts fans went to the Ayr game when ours was postponed, and gave some Ayr fans they were talking to a flag and scarves etc.

Dramatic scenes.

What the hell is this bit about?

"That this outcome surprised no-one is a sign of how far Hibs have fallen in a relatively short space of time."

Relatively short space of time? They've been humpty for the last year, or more. Why are the press pretending this is a recent phenomenon?

"That this outcome surprised no-one is a sign of how far Hibs have fallen in a relatively short space of time."

Relatively short space of time? They've been humpty for the last year, or more. Why are the press pretending this is a recent phenomenon?

Although they did stumble over the line last season, they did finish 4th and in a European place.

They were on a slide since then, but I'd say it's been the last couple of months that they've been in rapid decline. They've been in a poor league position all season, but it's only now that people are wondering if they're actually any better than Hamilton or St. Mirren.

Answer: because Hibs have been the press' cuddly non-OF darling for years. Who cares about the reality when easy, patronising (the key word: Hibs' media coverage is generally good precisely because no-one takes them seriously) cliches can be trotted out instead?

The reality is precisely as you say. On 30 January 2010, Hibs sat 3rd in the table, just two points adrift of 2nd-placed Celtic. Since then, their record is eye-bleedingly horrific:

P 36 W 7 D 7 L 22 Pts 28 F 44 A 71 Pts/game 0.78

That's simply catastrophic. And that's only the league form: in the Cups, they've been humiliated by Ross County and Ayr United, not to mention their 'European tour' (read: total annihilation) against well known superpower, NK Maribor.

The game's a bogey there. They'll be lucky to stay up if they do so at all; and if the league is reduced to ten with three clubs relegated, quite how they're going to turn things around next season, I've no idea. Calderwood's appointment was absolutely ridiculous: his record is poor, and he's clearly not even committed to them. And more than that: where Hibs are now goes all the way back to Mr Potatohead failing to back a decent manager (John Collins), and siding with the players instead; players who've since ruled the roost, big time.

Hibs won't recover until someone who actually understands football takes charge. Until then, I'm going to laugh and laugh and laugh. :thumbsup:

Thing is Shaun, they need to spend money to start any recovery. What decent manager is going to come in, knowing how uncompromising the Hibs board are when it comes to spending any cash?

They're in a serious situation, because if they don't spend, they simply won't improve on the pitch. The longer that goes on, the more their attendances will drop and the less money they will bring in. Putting them in an even worse situation than spending ?2-3M would.

Petrie's business plan seems to depend on an impossibly loyal support. Everyone has their limit, we've already seen about 5000 of them be pushed too far.

Thing is Shaun, they need to spend money to start any recovery. What decent manager is going to come in, knowing how uncompromising the Hibs board are when it comes to spending any cash?

They're in a serious situation, because if they don't spend, they simply won't improve on the pitch. The longer that goes on, the more their attendances will drop and the less money they will bring in. Putting them in an even worse situation than spending ?2-3M would.

Petrie's business plan seems to depend on an impossibly loyal support. Everyone has their limit, we've already seen about 5000 of them be pushed too far.

I agree with you. Fans not renewing more or less forced Petrie into effectively blackmailing Mixu into leaving the club (by telling Mixu his budget would consist of a packet of Walkers' cheese and onion and a half-eaten Nestle Crunch bar). And their managerial search after Yogi left practically screamed lack of resources: no half-decent manager will go anywhere near the place.

But that said: look at how Motherwell did under Brown. Look at ICT under Butcher. Look (and for Hibs fans, this must be the most alarming one) at how Killie are doing under Mixu. Even with reduced means, they should still be making a damn sight better fist of it than they currently are. They're a laughing stock - and the task for any manager has to be to get rid of the troublemakers, rip it all up and start again.

Question is, in what division will that process take place?

Well, like I've said earlier, are they that much better than Hamilton or St. Mirren? They don't look it.

I think this is a clear example that a football club cannot be run from a purely financial perspective, there needs to be some heart from the people upstairs to spend what is needed to keep the team competitive.

I can see their fans getting very, very pissed off. With all the failings on the pitch, and the revelation that the Hibs board take ?500,000 for "remuneration of services" a season, I think Season Ticket sales will take a hammering next season.

Well, like I've said earlier, are they that much better than Hamilton or St. Mirren? They don't look it.

I think this is a clear example that a football club cannot be run from a purely financial perspective, there needs to be some heart from the people upstairs to spend what is needed to keep the team competitive.

I can see their fans getting very, very pissed off. With all the failings on the pitch, and the revelation that the Hibs board take ?500,000 for "remuneration of services" a season, I think Season Ticket sales will take a hammering next season.

:Agree:

:pleasing: :pleasing: :pleasing:

southside1874

:lol: :lol:

Ill correct.. hibs have been pish for as long as (and many generations before me) i can remember have been pish. always in our shadow. FTH!!!!

Archived