Injury updates

H.A.N.S

Suspect a few players who have not been playing much football will be getting a double run out (Saints last week). Think it's fair to say that last week never went well, so if they don't take tonight's chance, they can have little complaints about not being in the side.

Is Kello back?

mahgrassyshoes

Sammon's turned down S*****horpe and is likely to play tonight unfortunately

http://sport.stv.tv/...****horpe-move/

EDIT: riduculous swearie filter nonsense has broken that link. Go to sport.stv.tv

If i found the same link it says he's staying down there to decide and if he had any doubts he would be straight back up the road preparing for tonights game... doesn't seem like he will be playing tonight unless i have got the wrong link (which is entirley likely :teehee: )

fed up reading about youngsters being overdue there chance. he had a chance in a couple of pre-season friendlies and didn`t take it. our problems lie in injured attacking players so why compound those problems with bringing in an inexperienced defender.

robinson and novikovas maybe but mcgowan? pointless for tonight imo.

McGowan played the first half at CB and the second half in midfield against Millwall in preseason and had a good game IMO. Decent in the air, comfortable in possession and had a couple of decent chances to score.

Playing him in a holding role alongside Mroviek would allow Black to play further forward instead of the ineffectual Stevenson or Obua.

pettigrewsstylist

No, please no. This team would be AWFUL. Can anyone remember Palazuelos' performances at left midfield? I certainly can, and he was horrific. Obua upfront alone? No thanks. Stevenson attacking mid? Hasn't offered too much in that position when he has played there, imo. If we were to utilise this formation, I would rather see:

Kello

Jonsson Bouzid Zaliukas Wallace

Templeton Mrowiec Black Novikovas

C. Elliot

S. Elliot

However, I don't see the problem in playing clum and two T's up top together.

Agreed,,,whilst Novi wasnt great last week,,,he can obviously play,,would prefer this to Obua any day,,,i guess JJ looking for target man tho if this is case,,,cant see Obua winning and holding many balls against Killie defence mind,,would rather with 2 wingers we tried to play round them with 2 Elliots looking to get on end of something

A draw tonight would be an excellent result.

concerned about tonight as well but looking at killie, they are slipping a wee bit atm and might be a couple of key players down so if jj gets the tactics right i reckon we can win it. essential wallace plays and plays well to add a bit of class.

Bit of a flyer, but what about retaining Ruben at LB and playing Wallace on the wing? We'd be able to keep the formation that the players are used to, and could exploit Wallace's pace and crossing while holding on to the defensive stability that we've enjoyed over the last few months.

To push the idea a bit further, how about playing Craig Thomson on the right wing, and moving Temps into the Skacel role, playing off of Obua? Gives us a reasonable amount of pace and width on the wings, some guile in the middle, and gives a doubled defensive presence in wide areas to combat the threat of Toauil, Ermemenko and Hamill coming from RB.

In other words:

----------Kello-----------

Eggert--Bouzid--Zal--Pala

------Black--Mrowiec------

C.Thom----Temps----Wallace

----------Obua-----------

Not a great team, obviously, but a least one capable of challenging in this fixture.

mahgrassyshoes

See above, cache hasn't flushed. He's turned them down and likely to play tonight.

Cheers. Did see that after i had replied, but the work internet is on the go slow as it's lunch time.

Read an article the other day that had quote Manuel Pascali as saying although Sammon only has 6 months left on his contract they should be holding out for a fee similar to miller as he's just as good. The guy in the stv article says he has 18 months left on his contract. As a journalist yourself, any idea which person is right?

McGowan played the first half at CB and the second half in midfield against Millwall in preseason and had a good game IMO. Decent in the air, comfortable in possession and had a couple of decent chances to score.

Playing him in a holding role alongside Mroviek would allow Black to play further forward instead of the ineffectual Stevenson or Obua.

aye fair enough. enforced changes to a settled side is one thing but if you see some tactical adavantages in changing things then fine.

i personally would like to see our defence relatively unchanged (apart from wallace) and our attack minded players changed because they have to be changed.

Kello

Jonnson

Zal

Bouzid

Wallace

Templeton

Mrowiec

Black

palazuelos

robinson

elliot

Not ideal but i reckon we could do well woth eggert and temps down one side and wallace and pala down the other. novi is the other option but doesn`t offer anything defensively.

if robinson is injured play glenn. far from ideal but obua and mole are just not an option as far as i`m concerned.

EDIT: obviously if S Elliott or the other doubtfulls are available then they should be in side. just going by who i`ve heard will be available to start.

Kello

Jonnson bouzid zaliukas wallace

Templeton mrowiec black pala

Stevenson

Obua

Coral have Obua @ 2/1 to miss the first goal

mahgrassyshoes

Coral have Obua @ 2/1 to miss the first goal

I assume that means the first chance and not just to be looking the other way when the first goal is scored?:whistling:

Templeton'sUnderpants

For me:

Kello

Eggert-zal-barr-ruben

Black-ade

Temps-Stevenson-Wallace

Obua(purely because we have no one else to play the role)

I assume that means the first chance and not just to be looking the other way when the first goal is scored?:whistling:

I think the phrase is " Unbelievable Jeff "

I have serious doubts that Obua could score if he sneaked on the pitch after hours with a ball, a spare ball and the pitch to himself.

Does anyone think there could be a few surprises with team selection tonight, and that a few that appear to be 'injured' actually start? There's nothing on the Hearts website or direct quotes from JJ about all these players being injured? Unless I've missed something, JJ is playing his cards close to his chest.

As I said at the start they were swithering over KK and RS. Neither will be risked and Obua starts for sure.

As I said at the start they were swithering over KK and RS. Neither will be risked and Obua starts for sure.

6/4 Killie

Looks like a 0-0 is the best we can hope for then. :thumbsup:

Kello

Eggy Bouzid Zal Ruben

Black Mroviec Stevenson

Arvy Wallace

Mole!!!!

Quite experimental but I think Mole will at least be a target and Wallace played further forward can provide a bit of quality

Surely Mole will never even make the bench again until he leaves.

The injuries just now show just how important players like Skacel and Kyle are to us. I think Wallace might play a bit further forward tonight as JJ said when he returned from injury that he could cover a number of positions.

I expect Ruben will keep his place left back and Wallace maybe left side of midfield.

Chad Sexington

The injuries just now show just how important players like Skacel and Kyle are to us. I think Wallace might play a bit further forward tonight as JJ said when he returned from injury that he could cover a number of positions.

I expect Ruben will keep his place left back and Wallace maybe left side of midfield.

I think you're right.

Could be a long hard shift tonight.

Surely Mole will never even make the bench again until he leaves.

I would seriously hope so. I'm quite disturbed that anyone would advocate playing him ever again.

According to wikipedia, he's scored 6 goals in 5 years :lol:

I could have said the same thing about Craig Thomson before the Zagreb game.

We have injuries and RM is a promising younster who is long overdue his chance.

I would be amazed if we ever see RM in a Hearts strip.

He is keen to move on by all accounts.

Shame really as he never got a fair crack of the whip imo.

JJ won't let him leave which is sending him mixed signals.

Looks like a 0-0 is the best we can hope for then. :thumbsup:

nah! they are weakened as well remember. i predict a battle rather than a good footballing match and a narrow win for the JT's 2-1 or 2-0.

Any news on C Elliot and S Elliott ? <_<

One thing`s for sur tonight.. we will have to hastle and harry from the start otherwise Killie will pass us off the park.

One thing`s for sur tonight.. we will have to hastle and harry from the start otherwise Killie will pass us off the park.

with bryson out they only have one player (eremenko) who is better than average at passing the ball.

although killie have been on a run of great form recently they are far from silky footballers. a weakened side still has a cracking chance of a positive result down there.

Switch Wallace and Ruben and thats the squad i'd play :thumbsup:

Something like

____________Kello

Jonsson Bouzid Zalukas Wallace

Black Mrowiec Palazeulos Novikovas

______Templeton

_____________Glen

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

If Elliott makes it, but Skacel, Kyle and Elliot are out, then I'd go with:

Kello

Jonsson Bouzid Zaliukas Wallace

Mrowiec Black

Thomson Elliott Templeton

Obua

Subs: MacDonald, Barr, Palazuelos, Stevenson, McGowan, Novikovas, Glen.

Perhaps not ideal in the forward areas but I think Obua is likely to do a lot of his work outside the box, moving into the channels and collecting the ball out there. If he is going to hold the ball up in areas like this, I think Elliott has the vision to make runs into the box and receive any potential through balls from the position Obua has held. Having Thomson wide on the right would allow Obua to hold the ball up on the right channel, let Thomson overlap and whip the ball into the area for Elliott or Obua if he goes back into the area. Templeton could arrive late at the back post if necessary and should have no fear of cutting inside, as Wallace will be waiting to overlap down the left.

I think that setup allows the front 4 to interchange and cause a few problems for the Kilmarnock defence. If Elliott doesn't make it, I'd put Stevenson into his position and just get him to push into the box as often as possible.

Really?!

I thought he was one of the few pleasing aspects of last season until JJ took over.

I'd understand if it was due to his off field problems but he's been used a few times as sub since the story broke.

I really hope it's not because JJ feels he is too small to play RB - I thought Scottish football was beginning to move out of the dark ages :angry:

Really?!

I thought he was one of the few pleasing aspects of last season until JJ took over.

I'd understand if it was due to his off field problems but he's been used a few times as sub since the story broke.

I really hope it's not because JJ feels he is too small to play RB - I thought Scottish football was beginning to move out of the dark ages :angry:

He's talking about RM not CT

Kello

Jonnson bouzid zaliukas wallace

Templeton mrowiec black pala

Stevenson

Obua

Not far off, but kinda goes against the "source" chat tbh.

Archived