Injury updates

H.A.N.S

Still swithering over whether to play Rudi and Kyle. Wallace will start with Ruben back in midfield.

Who would be replaced in midfield?

JJ seemed displeased with Bouzid in the cup game and it could well be that Mrowiec moves back with Pally in MF.

Who would be replaced in midfield?

5 man midfield mate.

Or a 4 4 1 1 if you prefer.

JJ seemed displeased with Bouzid in the cup game and it could well be that Mrowiec moves back with Pally in MF.

Interesting that suggestion <_< Would be a wee bit concerned about losing Adrian's presence in midfield.

Interesting that suggestion <_< Would be a wee bit concerned about losing Adrian's presence in midfield.

Kello

Jonnson bouzid zaliukas wallace

Templeton mrowiec black pala

Stevenson

Obua

Dont like the idea of losing Adrians drive/energy in midfield.

Reckon well need him in there to disrupt their midfield.But JJ knows what he's doing so leave it to the boss.

jamboinglasgow

Kello

Stevenson

Obua

so dropping the formation that has worked so well in the past few weeks to fit Ruben in alongside Mrowiec and Black?

Morgaro Gomis

Kello

Stevenson

Obua

No, please no. This team would be AWFUL. Can anyone remember Palazuelos' performances at left midfield? I certainly can, and he was horrific. Obua upfront alone? No thanks. Stevenson attacking mid? Hasn't offered too much in that position when he has played there, imo. If we were to utilise this formation, I would rather see:

Kello

Jonsson Bouzid Zaliukas Wallace

Templeton Mrowiec Black Novikovas

C. Elliot

S. Elliot

However, I don't see the problem in playing clum and two T's up top together.

so dropping the formation that has worked so well in the past few weeks to fit Ruben in alongside Mrowiec and Black?

Would appear so. No doubt injuries have forced JJ hand but maybe Killie's style is a factor too.

No, please no. This team would be AWFUL. Can anyone remember Palazuelos' performances at left midfield? I certainly can, and he was horrific. Obua upfront alone? No thanks. Stevenson attacking mid? Hasn't offered too much in that position when he has played there, imo. If we were to utilise this formation, I would rather see:

Kello

Templeton Mrowiec Black Novikovas

C. Elliot

S. Elliot

However, I don't see the problem in playing clum and two T's up top together.

Elliott and Elliot are injured.

Morgaro Gomis

Really? Hmm. Didn't realise this, fair enough. However, I sincerely hope Ruben doesn't play left midfield and Obua never plays for Hearts again.

Johanes de Silentio

Last game Stevenson, Obua, and Novikovas didn't do it. (amongst others, admittedly!)

Bouzid made the crucial slip for the goal as well.

Gary Glen missed a great chance against Hibs, but has been due a start.

Both Elliot(t)s are out, apparently.

Rudi and Kyle are doubtful.

Suso and Driver are still out.

Kello and Wallace are fit and healthy. (hopefully)

Let's see...

Kello

Eggert - Bouzid - Zal - Wallace

Black - Mrowiec - Ruben

Glen - Obua - Temps

?

Morgaro Gomis

What about:

Kello

Stevenson Mrowiec Black Templeton/Novi

Novikovas/Temps

Glen

Not the greatest team, however, I think it would be better than having Obua upfront and Palazuelos out wide.

Thoughts?

Kello

Stevenson

Obua

Does anyone still think we will split the OF with a team like that?

However Killie will be missing Ben Gorden (Left) Bryson and Salmon (MOST LIKELY).

This is our biggest game coming up as we win tonight and 3rd is ours.

No!!!

It just shows how weak the squad is once you move away from the 1st choice starting XI.

Mrowiec, Black and Palazuelos in midfield, will never work. I can see Adrian moving to CB alongside Zaliukas with Ruben moving alongside Blackie but I do not see many goals from whatever attacking formation JJ decides. It has the feel of a 0-0 game.

Kello

Stevenson

Obua

If that team plays I have a bad feeling it will be back to Hearts nil.

I can understand the need to bring Wallace back, but putting Pala on the left hand side and switching back to the formation that got us hammered off Killie in October doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

Kello

Black Mrowiec

Templeton Glen Stevenson

Obua

We might actually score a goal sticking with the formation we have, even if that does mean sticking the big O up front.

I don't see the point in trying to fit Ruben in just because Wallace is back, he's an alright player but he's not that good that we need to change our formation to fit him in.

If that team plays I have a bad feeling it will be back to Hearts nil.

I can understand the need to bring Wallace back, but putting Pala on the left hand side and switching back to the formation that got us hammered off Killie in October doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

Kello

Black Mrowiec

Templeton Glen Stevenson

Obua

We might actually score a goal sticking with the formation we have, even if that does mean sticking the big O up front.

I don't see the point in trying to fit Ruben in just because Wallace is back, he's an alright player but he's not that good that we need to change our formation to fit him in.

I'd broadly agree with that, to use the phrase of the moment. Don;t see the point of shoehorning in Pala but maybe he just wants to be nice and solid and I suppose Lee will give us the attacking impotus from the left. Still wouldn't start Pala though! Not a big fan.

Kello/JMac

Eggy Bouzid Zal Wallace

CraigT Blackie Adie Temps

Obua Glen

could be an option

as would basically the same formation as recently with Stevo in for Rudi (which hasn't worked so far really), Glen in for 2Ts and Obua in for Kyle. So...

Same back 5

Blackie Adie

Glen Stevo Temps

Obua

Would it be the worst time to throw the likes of young Holt into action? Even get him on the bench. He could play the 2Ts role effectively I'd reckon.

Will trust JJ's judgement on this one - pretty lengthy injury list and to key players too. Hopefully have Kyle and Rudi back for Sat.

Was saying to a mate last week that we have a good squad just now, but have 3 players who are quite indespensable at the mo - Zal, Rudi and KK. Lose one of them, we're weakened, lose 2 and we're in real trouble. 3? Donald D..ed

Time for Jamie Goal to come back into the team? :lol:

I'll be pretty disappointed if we start with Obua up front on his own (although it wouldn't surprise me if we do).

mahgrassyshoes

I'd broadly agree with that, to use the phrase of the moment. Don;t see the point of shoehorning in Pala but maybe he just wants to be nice and solid and I suppose Lee will give us the attacking impotus from the left. Still wouldn't start Pala though! Not a big fan.

Kello/JMac

Eggy Bouzid Zal Wallace

Obua Glen

could be an option

as would basically the same formation as recently with Stevo in for Rudi (which hasn't worked so far really), Glen in for 2Ts and Obua in for Kyle. So...

Same back 5

Blackie Adie

Glen Stevo Temps

Obua

Would it be the worst time to throw the likes of young Holt into action? Even get him on the bench. He could play the 2Ts role effectively I'd reckon.

Will trust JJ's judgement on this one - pretty lengthy injury list and to key players too. Hopefully have Kyle and Rudi back for Sat.

Was saying to a mate last week that we have a good squad just now, but have 3 players who are quite indespensable at the mo - Zal, Rudi and KK. Lose one of them, we're weakened, lose 2 and we're in real trouble. 3? Donald D..ed

I've said about Scott Robinson before, but he's clearly not quite in JJ thoughts just now (probably more to do with age that ability or application ie for his own good kind of thing) but do you think about trying Craig Thomson for the "Skacel" role? From reports of the millwall game he played a few cracking through balls. If he has the awareness to play them quickly enough he will be doing what skacel does, although maybe not quite as quickly/well. He also has the cracking shot that we hear so much about, but rarely see. Prehaps this would give him a chance to show it? He's not massively blessed with pace, but neither is Skacel. He would put in more of a shift than Skacel, but i think he might thrive with that wee bit more freedom to play?

I've said about Scott Robinson before, but he's clearly not quite in JJ thoughts just now (probably more to do with age that ability or application ie for his own good kind of thing) but do you think about trying Craig Thomson for the "Skacel" role? From reports of the millwall game he played a few cracking through balls. If he has the awareness to play them quickly enough he will be doing what skacel does, although maybe not quite as quickly/well. He also has the cracking shot that we hear so much about, but rarely see. Prehaps this would give him a chance to show it? He's not massively blessed with pace, but neither is Skacel. He would put in more of a shift than Skacel, but i think he might thrive with that wee bit more freedom to play?

Interesting thought. Not sure really. Rudi does so well there cos he reads the game so well and acts as an outball by using that bit intelligence and a yard or two of quickness in his head which he has over almost everyone in our league makes up for the lack of a yard in his legs (as well as his obv on the ball skills). Whether CT has this in the locker, not sure. Yet. He could obviously play the role differently by sitting in that hole and just looking to get on the ball and spread it and get shots away. Not sure if Killie play a spoiler in there though who we'd need Rudi's gile to get away from (Pascale play in there??)

I think Robinson would be seen as more of a replacement from Black than Rudi these days. By all accounts, that's more where he's playing these days and has always been his preference. That's why I mentioned Holt for that role or the 2Ts role.

Novi won't be starting by all accounts.

I'd probably agree with that, he was pretty rotten against St Johnstone (apart from a good 50 yard run in the 1st half). Better to bring him on after 75 mins IMO.

you can talk formations until doomsday but the bottom line is that without kyle, elliott and skacel we are seriously toiling.

try any permutation you like... it wont look particularly good.

without those players we'll have to deal with a kind of laszlo-esque approach of hoping not to lose a goal and hopefully fluking one ourselves.

a draw tonight looks like a good result.

you can talk formations until doomsday but the bottom line is that without kyle, elliott and skacel we are seriously toiling.

without those players we'll have to deal with a kind of laszlo-esque approach of hoping not to lose a goal and hopefully fluking one ourselves.

Are all three definitely out? Or very probably? Or very actually?

Are all three definitely out? Or very probably? Or very actually?

it's been talked about so it seems like a possibility.

do we want to risk playing anyone who might end up a lot worse off? can we afford to leave them all out?

rock - hearts - hard place.

mahgrassyshoes

Interesting thought. Not sure really. Rudi does so well there cos he reads the game so well and acts as an outball by using that bit intelligence and a yard or two of quickness in his head which he has over almost everyone in our league makes up for the lack of a yard in his legs (as well as his obv on the ball skills). Whether CT has this in the locker, not sure. Yet. He could obviously play the role differently by sitting in that hole and just looking to get on the ball and spread it and get shots away. Not sure if Killie play a spoiler in there though who we'd need Rudi's gile to get away from (Pascale play in there??)

I think Robinson would be seen as more of a replacement from Black than Rudi these days. By all accounts, that's more where he's playing these days and has always been his preference. That's why I mentioned Holt for that role or the 2Ts role.

Yeah, that's what i was trying to allude to. Using Thomson as someone to try and get the likes of Temps, Novikovas and/or Glen in behind could be key tonight. As we're missing KK we're going to have to keep the ball on the deck as much as possible and our best chance to get a goal will be using our pace and temps trickery.

Not sure what Killie's formation is, but as i recall from the highlights on Sunday night (I was half asleep while watching) they had 3 in the middle of the park so I'd assume one was a spoiler in the style of Adrian.

Kello/JMac

Eggy Bouzid Zal Wallace

Obua Glen

could be an option

Same back 5

Blackie Adie

Glen Stevo Temps

Obua

Not bad ideas, altho you're last idea is suspiciously close to mine :whistling:

I do think that a few youngsters like Holt, Robinson or even the lad Ogleby (not sure how he's getting on but seemed to be doing well) on the bench so that they can come on and show what they can do.

I seriously hope that Jamie Mole is nowhere near the squad.

The Old Tolbooth

I've never thought we could split the Old Firm even with a full team mate, I still think we're short on quality, but not on quantity, and a few need to be shown the door with quality replacements brought in, however we're not really in a position to splash any cash.

And what fun would that be?

I've said before that you can't play Temps and Novi in the same team but I wonder if with a solid midfield 3 and Wallace at LB, we could do it tonight? Black, Adie and, I suppose (so I'm fickle, get over it), Pala. That way you're pretty much leaving all the attacking to Temps, Novi and, probably TheBigO, with a wee bit help from Wallace. Temps and Novi actually work quite hard too so will track back etc when needed.

Duno. Tough one to guess.

Killie's own absentees even things out tonight. Missing 3 - 4 if Sammon not quoted - of their 5 best players, just as we are.

And what fun would that be?

I've said before that you can't play Temps and Novi in the same team but I wonder if with a solid midfield 3 and Wallace at LB, we could do it tonight? Black, Adie and, I suppose (so I'm fickle, get over it), Pala. That way you're pretty much leaving all the attacking to Temps, Novi and, probably TheBigO, with a wee bit help from Wallace. Temps and Novi actually work quite hard too so will track back etc when needed.

Duno. Tough one to guess.

Killie's own absentees even things out tonight. Missing 3 - 4 if Sammon not quoted - of their 5 best players, just as we are.

i suppose we knew there would come a time when we became seriously short. the loss of key players at the same time was always going to be something we had to cope with.

at the end of the day if you get a really good performance from the ones that are left then that might be better than a flat performance from the first choice XI.

i wonder if JJ can crowbar one out of them.

Kello

Stevenson

Obua

I quite like the look of that team.

It's our strongest possible back five IMO with Kello, Jonsson, Bouzid, Zaliukas and Wallace.

Templeton on the right will run at their left back Hay all game, hopefully meaning Taouil will have to track back meaning he is less of a threat, Mrowiec and Black will keep Eremenko quiet. Ruben on the left will mean we are a danger down that side, he will always have Lee Wallace bombing forward giving him the option to pass it down the line or he can cross the ball into the middle for Obua. Davie O's height gives him an advantage, he will win most high balls and hopefully Stevenson will get on the end of a couple of the knock-downs.

I will guarantee you kickback, that team will not lose to Kilmarnock by 3 goals again.

However Killie will be missing Ben Gorden (Left) Bryson and Salmon (MOST LIKELY).

This is our biggest game coming up as we win tonight and 3rd is ours.

To the first part. No, but we are allowed to bring players back in when they are fit again. in the meantime wallace should be back and driver is also getting nearer a comeback. Its not so much the weakness of our overall squad that has been exposed but the fact that 2 out of 4 of our must start players are out.

Elliott and Elliot are injured.

Elliott is not injured, he did not train indoors on Sunday to protect his achilles but did full training yesterday.

I'll trust JJ's judgement but I really hope that Pala isn't returned to midfield, it's been plain to see over the last couple of months that Pala has made the reserve LB slot his own whilst others have cemented their places in the midfield.

To play Pala in midfield would be down to sentiment and not form!

--------------------Kello

Jonsson---Bouzid----Zal------Wallace

--------------Mrowiec--------McGowan

Temps--------Black------------Obua (grudgingly)

--------------------Eliott

If Elliott isn't fit then we'll have to play Glen up front or Obua through the middle with Novikovas on the left.

I think Blackie is more than capable in playing in a more advanced role - I'd much rather see him in there than Stevenson.

--------------------Kello

Jonsson---Bouzid----Zal------Wallace

--------------Mrowiec--------McGowan

Temps--------Black------------Obua (grudgingly)

--------------------Eliott

If Elliott isn't fit then we'll have to play Glen up front or Obua through the middle with Novikovas on the left.

I think Blackie is more than capable in playing in a more advanced role - I'd much rather see him in there than Stevenson.

Anyone that thinks McGowan will be playing from the start tonight is living in a fantasy land.

We_are_the_Hearts

I would play:

..........Kello........

Eggy Bouzid Zal Wallace

......Mrowiec-Ruben....

Stevenson-Black-Temps

........Eliott.........

Quite a solid team. Stevo might just raise it the night as he knows he muse be close to last chance and also hates Killy. If it's not working bring Davy O on for Ruben and push Black back a bit.

Kello

Eggy Bouzid Zal Ruben

Black Mroviec Stevenson

Arvy Wallace

Mole!!!!

Quite experimental but I think Mole will at least be a target and Wallace played further forward can provide a bit of quality

Chad Sexington

Kello

Eggy Bouzid Zal Ruben

Black Mroviec Stevenson

Arvy Wallace

Mole!!!!

No offence but thank **** you aint picking the team. :blink:

Kello

Eggy Bouzid Zal Ruben

Black Mroviec Stevenson

Arvy Wallace

Mole!!!!

Quite experimental but I think Mole will at least be a target and Wallace played further forward can provide a bit of quality

I get what you are saying but if kyle isn`t fit play two up front or try to pass the ball better through the midfield and play narrower, taking away some of the need for a big guy up top. not jamie though.

don`t mind the idea of lee in midfield though.

is temps def. out as well?

if th injury list for the front players is correct, then imo it is essential we have a solid base. We must therefore imo start with our normal back four of jonsson, zal, bouzid & ruben with mroweic in front of them. we can then put put square pegs in round holes further up the park as opposed to messing with the whole team.

Anyone that thinks McGowan will be playing from the start tonight is living in a fantasy land.

I could have said the same thing about Craig Thomson before the Zagreb game.

We have injuries and RM is a promising younster who is long overdue his chance.

Disser Pointon

if th injury list for the front players is correct, then imo it is essential we have a solid base. We must therefore imo start with our normal back four of jonsson, zal, bouzid & ruben with mroweic in front of them. we can then put put square pegs in round holes further up the park as opposed to messing with the whole team.

I agree with that. JJ indicating in the EEN that 2 T's has a good chance of making it but that could just be Jeff's mind games you can never tell.

I could have said the same thing about Craig Thomson before the Zagreb game.

We have injuries and RM is a promising younster who is long overdue his chance.

fed up reading about youngsters being overdue there chance. he had a chance in a couple of pre-season friendlies and didn`t take it. our problems lie in injured attacking players so why compound those problems with bringing in an inexperienced defender.

robinson and novikovas maybe but mcgowan? pointless for tonight imo.

Archived