Stephen Thomson

Italian Lambretta

Italian Lambretta

There's quite a bit of discussion on the Arabs message boards that he will now back down and accept a 10 team spl because of the goodwill situation. It was very odd given his stance that suddenly he kept quiet and didn't contribute today. The realisation that he has just kissed goodbye to a potential million quid has stunned him into submission.

There's quite a bit of discussion on the Arabs message boards that he will now back down and accept a 10 team spl because of the goodwill situation. It was very odd given his stance that suddenly he kept quiet and didn't contribute today. The realisation that he has just kissed goodbye to a potential million quid has stunned him into submission.

I know he'd have been looking at a reasonably decent transfer fee for Goodwillie but to just back down without much of a fuss because of it is just ridiculous if you ask me. I reckon they're going to struggle next season if I'm being honest. No money and a lot of players leaving on free transfers at the end of the season.

He's cracking up. They were banking on the goodwillie money keeping them going for a while. Had 3 bids in from different clubs. Now couldn't give him away.

They're really toiling financially just now

The TV showed him going in to the meeting today and he was asked about where he stood in relation to the 10 team SPL and his answer certainly gave the impression of having changed his stand point considerably. Disappointing if that is the case.

Rangers to buy goodwillee at 700k, and thompson to back the 10 team league. I wonder if Fredo was hanging around Goodwille at the start of the year !

Instead line from the Godfather here !

Rangers to buy goodwillee at 700k, and thompson to back the 10 team league. I wonder if Fredo was hanging around Goodwille at the start of the year !

You thinks so? I don't think anyone in their right mind would pay that sort of fee for him just now until all of this stuff is sorted out.

Monsieur Maroon

Haha! Just waiting on a statement from David Murray stating that Goodwillie couldnt have been in Armadale as he spent new year as a guest at the Murray residence!

United are ******* skint.

If I was an interested club, a bid on one of the out of contract players might be worth a punt as they ain't getting nowt for Goodwillie anytime soon.

Story to break on Thomson and his private life ?

Thats what I was told by a Utd fan today. Half of the empire to disappear to the current Mrs T

What a surprise!

Fierce opponent of SPL/Bigot Brothers and suddenly, he's like a lamb.

Where is this alleged scandal going to surface?

News of the World or Sun?

Who is it again that owns these rags?

How Bigot Brothers minded are the so-called journos in these rags?

To a slightly lesser extent, the same applies with the Daily Ranker?

They are still trying to do a number on the only man who has dared to challenge and speak out against the digusting state of Scottish Football and, if Vlad doesn't get what he wants and votes against, just wait until you see the media storm!!!

Thats what I was told by a Utd fan today. Half of the empire to disappear to the current Mrs T

The Old Firm have told her to do it. :angry:

Guest John Meurig Thomas

What a surprise!

Fierce opponent of SPL/Bigot Brothers and suddenly, he's like a lamb.

Where is this alleged scandal going to surface?

News of the World or Sun?

Who is it again that owns these rags?

How Bigot Brothers minded are the so-called journos in these rags?

To a slightly lesser extent, the same applies with the Daily Ranker?

They are still trying to do a number on the only man who has dared to challenge and speak out against the digusting state of Scottish Football and, if Vlad doesn't get what he wants and votes against, just wait until you see the media storm!!!

What's it like to be so unbelievably paranoid about absolutely everything ever? And not just paranoid as in "oh I think I heard that girl talking about me" but so paranoid you're convinced this girl is actually an assassin sent from the SFA (writes for The Sun part-time) specifically to end you for having the temerity to speak out against the mighty Bilderbergesque organisation that is our inept national football association so you run home screaming and take refuge under your tinfoil duvet cover, only leaving its relative safety to have a peek out your blacked-out window just in case Hugh Dallas comes to get you.

Tell me, Colin.

Seemingly the story centre's around an SPL chairman who may have got a young pretty hospitality girl up the Duff and the current Mrs SPL Chairman is demanding a divorce. He has previous of this.

NOTW sitting on the story.

Seemingly.

:thumbsup:

Seemingly the story centre's around an SPL chairman who may have got a young pretty hospitality girl up the Duff and the current Mrs SPL Chairman is demanding a divorce. He has previous of this.

Seemingly.

Along the lines of one too many kids kicking about. A director of the club about to resign. And an iniment divorce. He's gonna be in the front page before the back again

What's it like to be so unbelievably paranoid about absolutely everything ever? And not just paranoid as in "oh I think I heard that girl talking about me" but so paranoid you're convinced this girl is actually an assassin sent from the SFA (writes for The Sun part-time) specifically to end you for having the temerity to speak out against the mighty Bilderbergesque organisation that is our inept national football association so you run home screaming and take refuge under your tinfoil duvet cover, only leaving its relative safety to have a peek out your blacked-out window just in case Hugh Dallas comes to get you.

Tell me, Colin.

There a story about thompson, are you suggesting that the weegie press does not toe the line when it comes to the old firm ?

Guest John Meurig Thomas

There a story about thompson, are you suggesting that the weegie press does not toe the line when it comes to the old firm ?

Yes. That's exactly what I'm suggesting. There are negative stories about the Old Firm every week in all the papers, it's just that no one tends to notice them because it doesn't suit them.

I'm also suggesting that Colin's suggestion that the Old Firm had a devious role to play in whatever Thomson's allegedly done is absolutely ridiculous and paranoid in the extreme.

ToadKiller Dog

Thompson has a history of sounding big then backing down ,he did the same over the dodgy decision when Rangers were given the league cup game and other shouting matches .Its just showmanship

Rumours doing the rounds(mainly from Dee fans but have heard a few arabs mention it ) are the Steven Thompson is not a big United fan in fact is only there until the time is right to sell up as not to upset his family ,and Allegedly (and i use that strongly as i dont know anything apart from rumour ) He likes a punt and not just the odd ?10 on the coupon ,According to talk around dundee he isnt very good at it .

Could be mischief making from Dee fans , what is true is that Uniteds finances are not healthy and the Goodwullie thing is a major blow .

Yes. That's exactly what I'm suggesting. There are negative stories about the Old Firm every week in all the papers, it's just that no one tends to notice them because it doesn't suit them.

I'm also suggesting that Colin's suggestion that the Old Firm had a devious role to play in whatever Thomson's allegedly done is absolutely ridiculous and paranoid in the extreme.

Ok Colin's gone off on a bit of a hefty rant there :rolleyes:

However you cant deny that the Scottish press are hardly rabid dogs when their prey is one of the OF ( and especially Rangers given what allegedly happened to Graham Spiers )

I was hoping this would be a thread about us signing the big man from burnley. Turns out the stories and gossip in this thread is much more interesting. How to destroy your season in one day by Dundee United. With players like Conway, Gomis and Buaben out of contract soon I think their decent spell is at an end for a while. Especially given the fact they are unlikely to be able to afford decent replacements and no club will touch Goodwillie whilst this case hamgs over his head and a year and half remaining on his contract, time he may spend the duration of which in the cells rather than henrys cellar bar...

All the non-OF clubs are unfortunately cowards. Let's face it the posturing from us, Dundee U., Inverness Caley and Killie was probably more to do with extracting some minor self-serving concessions than for any love of the beautiful game or desire to improve Scottish football.

Have heard Mr Conway could be going south for as little as ?200K to Cardiff? (IIRC) At that price could well be worth a bid?

Have heard Mr Conway could be going south for as little as ?200K to Cardiff? (IIRC) At that price could well be worth a bid?

Don't need any wingers at present.

What allegedly happened to Graham Speirs?

Rumour has it he was effectively 'run out of town' by the sheriff of Biggot Gulch .............a certain Mr D. Murray

Dared to criticise the Rangers owners practices in print and was told "you wont find work in this town again"

Maybe a load of cack but it makes a good story :whistling:

gorgie rd eh11

:lol: Aye they really stick the boot into rangers and celtic at every opportunity. :lol:

Rumour has it he was effectively 'run out of town' by the sheriff of Biggot Gulch .............a certain Mr D. Murray

Dared to criticise the Rangers owners practices in print and was told "you wont find work in this town again"

Maybe a load of cack but it makes a good story :whistling:

:what:

SDM trying to censor the press?

certainly does make a good story. all the best stories are true ones.

Templeton'sUnderpants

Newspapers are businesses they will aim to sell to as many people as possible as more readers means more advertising moolah. As prtty much 75% of Scottish football supporters are glory hunting bigots the largest audience will always be OF supporters. As such papers will always err towards belittling other clubs. It's hardly some huge conspiracy but its also not exactly an ideal situation for us as supporters of other clubs.

Seymour M Hersh

TBH his father wanted his sister to take over the reigns but she suffered the double whammy of losing her dad and husband in the same week and has retreated away from the club.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

:lol: Aye they really stick the boot into rangers and celtic at every opportunity. :lol:

The way Walter was savaged at the Urinea post match press conference by the Scottish press-pack was like a bloodbath, they really did a number on Rangers that day, they smelled blood and went in for the kill. :lol:

TBH his father wanted his sister to take over the reigns but she suffered the double whammy of losing her dad and husband in the same week and has retreated away from the club.

He's the typical spoilt son of a self-made millionaire. Milked his old man for all he could while he was about and now lords it up while he blows what's left.

Utd will be a poorer club the longer he stays in charge.

Allegedly :ninja:

What's it like to be so unbelievably paranoid about absolutely everything ever? And not just paranoid as in "oh I think I heard that girl talking about me" but so paranoid you're convinced this girl is actually an assassin sent from the SOFA (writes for The Sun part-time) specifically to end you for having the temerity to speak out against the mighty Bilderbergesque organisation that is our inept national football association so you run home screaming and take refuge under your tinfoil duvet cover, only leaving its relative safety to have a peek out your blacked-out window just in case Hugh Dallas comes to get you.

Tell me, Colin.

Why do you deny the track record of the media when there's a whiff of a scandal?

Second, where do I suggest that this girl was an assassin sent from the SFA(writes for the Sun part-time)? That is a massive error in your response to my post! Complete and utter bunkum!!!

Maybe I should be getting paranoid about certain posters, not only twisting what others say, but inventing what others say, when they respond!

Having re-read what I've actually written, I was worried I'd written it in Greek, I see a simple statement of facts, and a suggestion that Thomson's very sudden change of heart has something to do with other pressures in his life, rather than a football decision. It's very hard to accept the latter considering his earlier vehement opposition.

In fact, your "witty" response is not only dreadfully inaccurate, but pretty pathetic.

Even you, surely, are not disagreeing that, for example, most of the Scottish media are, at best dismissive of Romanov, and at worst, vindictive - there was a thread on this ref SPL visit to Lithuania! That the majority of the Red Tops hacks are sycophantic where the OF is concerned. Sure they'll report something like Lennon's recent out bursts but, how many have even said his 6 match suspension was too much?

Where is the hue and cry that hit Romanov when he criticized the state of Scottish Football?

Lennon has a long track record of getting far less than he deserved for his bad behaviour, on and off the park. Of course, all this is paranoia!!! Well, to humour you, I may be paranoid, but that doesn't mean the facts are in question.

And, when I think about it, I would rather over-react in fighting for a fairer set up than be a quisling!!!

As I said above, what a load of utter mince!

What's it like to have such a vivid imagination?

Even you, surely, are not disagreeing that, for example, most of the Scottish media are, at best dismissive of Romanov, and at worst, vindictive - there was a thread on this ref SPL visit to Lithuania! That the majority of the Red Tops hacks are sycophantic where the OF is concerned. Sure they'll report something like Lennon's recent out bursts but, how many have even said his 6 match suspension was too much?

Where is the hue and cry that hit Romanov when he criticized the state of Scottish Football?

Romanov's attitude to both the SFA - but mainly the media was what caused this. Many may have agreed with Vlad's sentiments but he acted like an utter bell-end. Remember the monkeys?

Lennon has a long track record of getting far less than he deserved for his bad behaviour, on and off the park. Of course, all this is paranoia!!! Well, to humour you, I may be paranoid, but that doesn't mean the facts are in question.

And, when I think about it, I would rather over-react in fighting for a fairer set up than be a quisling!!!

That's not fact - it's your opinion. Paranoia can grow from opinion.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

As I said above, what a load of utter mince!

What's it like to have such a vivid imagination?

Like a "higher state of conciousness" I would imagine... :lol:

Romanov's attitude to both the SFA - but mainly the media was what caused this. Many may have agreed with Vlad's sentiments but he acted like an utter bell-end. Remember the monkeys?

That's not fact - it's your opinion. Paranoia can grow from opinion.

First point, I do admit that Vlad should not have responded to the Sun portraying him as a chimpanzee, in that way, although I did find it quite amusing.

By the way, when was the last time Rangers or Celtic owners were portrayed in such a way, and remember the chimp came first.

Sir David, the black baron, who is hugely responsible, not only for Rangers' current problems, but for much of the difficulty of the SPL teams, exactly what kind of insulting caricatures have we seen of him in the Record and the Sun?

Second point, what's not a fact?

"Lennon has a long track record of getting far less than he deserved for his bad behaviour, on and off the park."

Are you suggesting that is just my opinion?

"Paranoia can grow from opinion!" So, it would seem, if you don't agree with someone else's opinion, their opinion is paranoia! Not sure, but I see paranoid tendencies in that statement!

Seemingly.

front page of this morns record :thumbsup:

Italian Lambretta

Its been a bad week by all accounts for all connected with Dundee utd :thumbsup:

Is it any wonder why their players act the way they do when the chairman is leading by example. :rolleyes:

ToadKiller Dog

The rumours doing the rounds in dundee were worse than the actual story .

A case for Jeremy Kyle me thinks .

oh dear.

3 kids with his fiancee. another from a "one night stand" with another woman. seemingly another with this latest one.

the record quoted maintainance payments of ?15 a week he was paying for his first 'love child'.

a united director (close friend of this woman's parents) resigned the other day for "personal reasons".

star striker in the shite for his alleged shenanigans.

no wonder thompson's been acting a bit strangely with the SPL stuff.

:lol:

Looks like some rumours emanating from private taxi drivers may be true after all !

Hahaha, really like this line! Class :thumbsup:

Archived