Colin Calderwood interview

Danny Wilde

tartofmidlothian

I'm going to get slaughtered for this but I think he is a geniune and honest guy. He speak's candidly and I think it's fair to say he has been sold up the river with the Hibs job.

I am not defending him as a manager as I don't think he is a particularly good but in all honesty he does not bug me like Hughes, Mixu and Spongebob used to do.

I have not been drinking either, :mellow:

Agree with this, sadly. Did a decent job at Forest and deserves a better club to make a second impression as manager. Happy for his stock to decrease sharply at the Hobos, though.

Sadly, I honestly think that Hamilton are just that little bit pisher than Hibs are and will stop them going down, Mark Brown is playing out of his skin for Hibs and he's keeping the score down against the better teams, and could well win Hibs points against the teams around them.

Agree with this too. Hamilton are gash and Hibs have a far better squad. Then again, would they have the stones to earn a 1-1 draw with Celtic, the way they're playing?

Just for the record, Calderwood does have a flat in Edinburgh.

Source: His landlady.

I heard its empty more than an MP's second home. wink.gif

I think they have very little quality in their squad, although they think they do, based primarily on a three-month run at the start of last season. Mixu's efforts at Killie suggest to me that the problems are not really with the manager - we all thought Mixu and Yogi were doing a crap job. I actually think they were not doing as badly as all that. I doubt that getting rid of Calderwood really helps, unless Adams, or whoever they bring in, can get some new players.

Watching LEEDS game rumour

A few hobos I know were discussing a rumours that centre around the idea that Calderwood was in his office watching the Leeds game during the interval of their last game.

Apparently he is just not interested.

Self destruct down Leef way!

I found the appointment of Adams as assistant strange at the time.

I don't think Calderwood will see out the season.

It's probably a pre-emptive strike from the board, i.e we can see were going down so lets bring in a good proven 1st division manager for next season, since we've already made enough mistakes this one we may as well plan for the future.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I also fear that he may become one of their most successful managers for a very long time

If that comment was about a new manager going into Manchester United then it would mean something

Archived