Colin Calderwood interview

Danny Wilde

Heard him a few times on the radio and in print, and he strikes me as being as thick as mince.

Most of my hobo mates are already second-guessing who will be their next boss.

Anyway just saw his interview in The Scotsman (dated today)

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/Interview-Hibs-manager-Colin-Calderwood.6692381.jp

"Every Saturday after the match, during which Hibs have invariably lost or underperformed, he'll replay it in his head as he drives down to Northampton to stay the night at the house he still owns there, trying to work out where the team, and it follows, the boss went wrong. Then on the Sunday he'll continue south to London to collect his son from his his ex-wife's house and they'll play a round of golf. "And Alfie, who's 15, will give it to me straight in a cockney accent: 'You're rubbish, Dad.'"

I'm sure all hobos will be glad to know that 3 months after his appointment they have a commuter manager, who bogs off double-quick to Northampton as soon as the floodlights are off.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear...

I found the appointment of Adams as assistant strange at the time.

I don't think Calderwood will see out the season.

CC is a strange man.

Why is he commuting so far away? blink.gif

Something just doesn't seem right. Surely RP didn't agree to this? Does he pay his own petrol?

The have gone from Yogi "the leefer" to a man who probably couldn't even name a local pub in Edinburgh never mind around Easter Road. I think he will be seen as more and more out of touch with the Hibs fans. He doesn't buy into the flair theory and he doesn't reallly have his own style of play either. I have heard he is really quiet round the training ground and the players don't know him personally.

CC is a strange man.

Something just doesn't seem right. Surely RP didn't agree to this? Does he pay his own petrol?

The have gone from Yogi "the leefer" to a man who probably couldn't even name a local pub in Edinburgh never mind around Easter Road. I think he will be seen as more and more out of touch with the Hibs fans. He doesn't buy into the flair theory and he doesn't reallly have his own style of play either. I have heard he is really quiet round the training ground and the players don't know him personally.

Its inevitably going to end in tears and if they're dumped out of the cup by Ayr this week, then hobo fans will be in meltdown.

CC is a strange man.

It's not that abnormal for any job where a geographical move is required to allow a period of transition until the incumbent moves closer. If the incumbent doesn't move closer within that period then there is trouble ahead... :whistling:

I'm sure somebody said on here that he was looking for a house in Edinburgh. But has now stopped looking... Read into that what you will.

Drylaw Hearts

CC is a strange man.

If you read the interview he tells you why he goes home after a match.

If you read the interview he tells you why he goes home after a match.

So he can tell his son how shite Hibs are?

It's not that abnormal for any job where a geographical move is required to allow a period of transition until the incumbent moves closer. If the incumbent doesn't move closer within that period then there is trouble ahead... :whistling:

Sorry Dave, Hibs are in real trouble - they need someone to come in all hands to the pump, Craig Brown at Aberdeen style. Get in about these underperfoming horrible mutants.

No time for a part time manager that needs to make a transition, he isn't an admin assistant for Scottish Widows here. If Hibs go down it will cost the 'business' (because thats all Hibs are) millions of pounds.

mibby the only chance to see his son ???

He shouldn't have taken the job then or Rod shouldn't have offered him it.

In my opinionated opinion. ninja.gif

Yes.

laugh.gif

For the record I hope he hangs on to his job for as long as possible.

Is his son that much of a greetin torn face anyway? Eminem had an absent father and it made him what he is - he should view it as character building. Start writing poems or songs - he could become famous. thumbsup.gif

mibby the only chance to see his son ???

Fair enough, and as a father I can understand and respect that.

However as scott_jambo points out, its all hands to the pumps just now at Fester Road, and as a footy-fan, I'd expect any boss to be reviewing the wreckage of performances and injuries on a Sunday. Calling the players in if need be. Not playing golf with his laddie somewhere on the outskirts of London.

Drylaw Hearts

However as scott_jambo points out, its all hands to the pumps just now at Fester Road, and as a footy-fan, I'd expect any boss to be reviewing the wreckage of performances and injuries on a Sunday. Calling the players in if need be. Not playing golf with his laddie somewhere on the outskirts of London.

The interview was prior to the Celtic match and talking about his time at Hibs so far.

I very much doubt he'll have gone home for a couple of days when they have a game on Tuesday.

Johanes de Silentio

Hibs are in real trouble

A Hibs fan was telling me the other day that about 16 of their players are out of contract in the summer - his worry is that those players will not be up for a relegation scrap if they're likely to be playing elsewhere next season.

The interview was prior to the Celtic match and talking about his time at Hibs so far.

I very much doubt he'll have gone home for a couple of days when they have a game on Tuesday.

I didn't even realise Hibs had a game on Tuesday, I still think its a bit off.

Which is :pleasing:

stirlingshirejambo

He certainly didn't travel anywhere last night as he was at Tynecastle today enjoying some friendly banter with Lockie.

A Hibs fan was telling me the other day that about 16 of their players are out of contract in the summer - his worry is that those players will not be up for a relegation scrap if they're likely to be playing elsewhere next season.

That's another thing that hasn't really been addressed by CC and RP.

They have not told these players whether they are getting kept on or being let go. As a result they are probably on the phone to their agents getting things sorted out. CC can't let them all go, he has to keep approx half or he won't have a team next season. He better start deciding soon.

Obviously not. But thats usually 36-48 hours post final-whistle on a Saturday where he's going Edinburgh-Northampton/London-Edinburgh.

Suits me fine, all part of the ongoing hobo mess-up and long may it continue.

He certainly didn't travel anywhere last night as he was at Tynecastle today enjoying some friendly banter with Lockie.

Agent Colin reporting for duty?

Operation CC Bloom so far is a success - return to base Tuesday evening. thumbsup.gif

Obviously not. But thats 36-48 hours post final-whistle on a Saturday where he's going Edinburgh-Northampton/London-Edinburgh.

This is clearly positive news for Hibs fans.

No need for them to worry, because "he thinks about the game in the car". thumbsup.gif

Article aside...

Don't think he will be there past the summer. Derek Adams to make the jump to light speed when CC leaves under the old "Mutual consent". CC might just not be the greatest with the media, but he would not fill you with confidence for getting his point across to players.

I hate to piss on anybody's chips but didn't Burley head back down south every weekend to see his wife?

Mind you his team weren't honking.

Drylaw Hearts

Obviously not. But thats usually 36-48 hours post final-whistle on a Saturday where he's going Edinburgh-Northampton/London-Edinburgh.

They have a real shitty run of matches ahead :

Ayr (A)

Motherwell (A)

Rangers (H)

Dundee Utd (A)

They then have Hamilton and St Mirren (twice) in the space of 3 weeks.

In and around that they have Killie, St Johnstone, Celtic, Hearts, Aberdeen and Hamilton again before the split.

If I were one of them I'd be crapping myself.

Ayr (A)

Motherwell (A)

Rangers (H)

Dundee Utd (A)

In and around that they have Killie, St Johnstone, Celtic, Hearts, Aberdeen and Hamilton again before the split.

I could boldly say that they don't have a chance of winning a game until one of the St. mirren matches. If they fail to pick up points then....I don't know when there next win will come from.

I hate to piss on anybody's chips but didn't Burley head back down south every weekend to see his wife?

Well it was definitely somebodys wife.

He is certainly putting a similar type of run together...Only with losses.

Anyway, Burley's heart wasn't really into heading back south, he was boabying Romanov's neice. I bet he had a "headache" so couldn't make it down most weeks. thumbsup.gif

LAD.

Drylaw Hearts

I could boldly say that they don't have a chance of winning a game until one of the St. mirren matches. If they fail to pick up points then....I don't know when there next win will come from.

Hibs should have played 22 matches at this point - Hibs have played 20 and the 2 games they're overdue to have played are against the 2 teams currently below them.

It's all about bottle.

I can see Hamilton beating them at Douglas Park but I can't see St Mirren winning at ER.

Hibs should have played 22 matches at this point - Hibs have played 20 and the 2 games they're overdue to have played are against the 2 teams currently below them.

It's all about bottle.

I can see Hamilton beating them at Douglas Park but I can't see St Mirren winning at ER.

Agreed 100%

If St Mirren take them at ER, its curtains.

Agreed 100%

If St Mirren take them at ER, its curtains.

Agree with yourself and DH. If you're Hamilton or St. Mirren, then the blessing is that they have Hibs right beside them - a team with no confidence, no bottle and who can't buy a win.

Think they will bring in players, but the type of player they are bringing in will give you an indication of how much the board are backing CC.

If its loan town, that will speak volumes IMO.

I'm going to get slaughtered for this but I think he is a geniune and honest guy. He speak's candidly and I think it's fair to say he has been sold up the river with the Hibs job.

I am not defending him as a manager as I don't think he is a particularly good but in all honesty he does not bug me like Hughes, Mixu and Spongebob used to do.

I have not been drinking either, :mellow:

Johanes de Silentio

Anyway, Burley's heart wasn't really into heading back south, he was boabying Romanov's neice. thumbsup.gif

Is that true?

Drylaw Hearts

Is that true?

No.

Neither are the stories about him being drunk every night.

But it helps ease some folks pain.

Is that true?

I met them once in Bar Napoli together, no idea if they were going at it but they were pretty close.

Carbonara if I recall correctly.

Ignore Drylaw, he isn't in the know.

Burley is a confirmed bevvyer which was why he was relieved from his position at Derby.

Drylaw Hearts

I met them once in Bar Napoli together, no idea if they were going at it but they were pretty close.

Burley is a confirmed bevvyer which was why he was relieved from his position at Derby.

Great stuff.

Johanes de Silentio

You and Bar Napoli! :lol:

WorldChampions1902

I found the appointment of Adams as assistant strange at the time.

I don't think Calderwood will see out the season.

JB, I think yours is the most insightful post on this thread so far, by a country mile. I have to confess that I share your view 100% and here is why:-

1. Adams WASN'T a Calderwood appointment. In my experience, when new managers come into a club, they bring their entourage with them - not in this instance.

2. Calderwood has NO history with Adams - very unusual given that they are expected to work so closely together.

3. Adams is still VERY young for a Manager (mid 30's ?). He IS hungry for success and I know that Hibs management were impressed with the way he and his team conducted themselves in the Ross County SC ties. I believe that Adams age was the only reason Petrie didn't appoint him.

Whatever we (or Hibs fans) think of tight-fisted Petrie, I firmly believe that him appointing Derek Adams as 2nd in command is his most inspired signing to date (including players). Clearly time will tell, but I share your view that DA WILL be the next Hibs Manager and that it is only a matter of time (and bad results). I also fear that he may become one of their most successful managers for a very long time, as long as he is given financial support from the Hibs Board. Let's just hope that CC's stay at Fester Rd. becomes protracted and painful!

JB, I think yours is the most insightful post on this thread so far, by a country mile.

You missed my "CC's son should be like Eminem" post clearly.

The Old Tolbooth

If Hibs go down it will cost the 'business' (because thats all Hibs are) millions of pounds.

Wonderful isn't it? :D

WorldChampions1902

You missed my "CC's son should be like Eminem" post clearly.

No, I didn't miss your enema (sp) post - it came a close No. 2. :rolleyes:

The Old Tolbooth

Ayr (A)

Motherwell (A)

Rangers (H)

Dundee Utd (A)

Sadly, I honestly think that Hamilton are just that little bit pisher than Hibs are and will stop them going down, Mark Brown is playing out of his skin for Hibs and he's keeping the score down against the better teams, and could well win Hibs points against the teams around them.

Sadly, I honestly think that Hamilton are just that little bit pisher than Hibs are and will stop them going down, Mark Brown is playing out of his skin for Hibs and he's keeping the score down against the better teams, and could well win Hibs points against the teams around them.

It might just be Hibs saving grace, John, that St Mirren/Hamilton are rank rotten.

Mind you, both those teams have been down there before and have shown they know how to get out of it.

Its going to be fun finding out though.

laugh.gif

CC is a strange man.

As Petrie has his nose buried so deep in his Balance Sheet and he obviously knows nothing about football, and he obviously can't tell his posterior from his elbow, I'm beginning to believe he really thought he had hired the "other" Calderwood!!!

JB, I think yours is the most insightful post on this thread so far, by a country mile. I have to confess that I share your view 100% and here is why:-

1. Adams WASN'T a Calderwood appointment. In my experience, when new managers come into a club, they bring their entourage with them - not in this instance.

2. Calderwood has NO history with Adams - very unusual given that they are expected to work so closely together.

3. Adams is still VERY young for a Manager (mid 30's ?). He IS hungry for success and I know that Hibs management were impressed with the way he and his team conducted themselves in the Ross County SC ties. I believe that Adams age was the only reason Petrie didn't appoint him.

Whatever we (or Hibs fans) think of tight-fisted Petrie, I firmly believe that him appointing Derek Adams as 2nd in command is his most inspired signing to date (including players). Clearly time will tell, but I share your view that DA WILL be the next Hibs Manager and that it is only a matter of time (and bad results). I also fear that he may become one of their most successful managers for a very long time, as long as he is given financial support from the Hibs Board. Let's just hope that CC's stay at Fester Rd. becomes protracted and painful!

And he'll get a season's grace in the 1st division to build a team.

mahgrassyshoes

Though the interview was going well until this point here

Does Calderwood accept they're in a relegation fight? "We're in a fight for the top six," he says firmly. Today they're at home to Celtic and he's hoping the big-game atmosphere will lift his players. "It's not a match I think we should be losing."

This guy is just as bad as the rest of them...deluded!

*Insert face palm here*

I am sure that Adams will be the next manager, Calderwood will be gone soon enough. However it does not matter who they get to manage them they are mince and will forever be in our shadow!!!

FTH

Archived