Yesterday was a first for me.

chester copperpot

I was walking back to the car yesterday, and uppermost in my mind was the dates of Saturday 17 May/Sunday 18 May.

Why these dates?

These are the dates for the last set of SPL fixtures for the season.

The end of the season can't come quick enough for me.

I'll still be at all the home games though, but no doubt suffering.

If we are in the bottom six the pain will be over by the 17th.

If we are in top six the pain will last another day.

Csaba's Broon Shoes
Thats the scary thing for me too, as I never ever thought that this feeling would be at all possible when it came to my beloved Hearts.

Dont get upset by results now, when I should. Mr Romanov will never destroy my love for this club though, I'll still be here when he's gone.

I understand and feel this way also

Apathy has come and gone

However the way i see it is Romanov doesn't play for Hearts , he is the

custodian of our great and famous Heart of Midlothian and has neglected the

honour to the point of abuse .

I know we will come again , maybe not for a few years but nothing stays

the same good or bad .

It's supporting your team through thick and thin they say

siegementality

I went to the CIS semi-final (only because my stupid mate wouldn't take no for an answer) and it has been the only game I've been at for about a year and a half.

I know how I feel about Romanovs' running of the club, I just couldn't sit in the stand and condone it any longer, I just gave up, much like the majority of the players!.

I've lost all interest in Romanovs club, the lies and spin.I've even stopped coming on/posting on here as I'm sick of reading some of the sheeite that comes from the Romanov apologists.

40 years a Hearts supporter and some wee Russian ****** comes along and manages to knock the love I had for the club out of me, aye the Heart and Soul of Edinburgh right enough!!!!.

Well actually naw, its a second, but the last time I was drunk.

Went to the pub straight after work yesterday, had 2 pints, looking forward to the game.

Came 2.45, decided to stay in the pub rather than attend Tynie as my heart was just not in it. I have never ever felt like this before.

Whats happened guys, as I dont do things like that. Decided that a couple of pints in the warm boozer was more appealing than going along to cheer on the lads. Yesterday confirmed a lot of things for me. Vlad has ripped the heart out of me.

Does anyone feel the same, and please, no jibes about me being a PT supporter etc, as I'd show pretty much anyone else up when it comes to supporting hearts.

I feel your pain.

There's nothing to see, really. It's car-crash football. No heart, no soul.

All that's left is the "matchday experience", the importance of which BB was unfairly castigated for highlighting earlier this season. And now that the ritual kick in the guts (aka listening to the line-up on the radio on the way to the ground and finding that Kurskis is in goal, or Robbie Neilson is on the right wing) is no longer a weekly occurence, the matchday experience can be quite pleasant if you've lowered your expectations sufficiently.

I sit there with my son. Sometimes we yell encouragement. More often we're silent. Sometimes I notice that we both have our heads in our hands. We're comfortably numb.

weegie jambo

Normally I'dd move heaven and earth to be at Tynecastle on a saturday but you know Ive got something on early evening in Paisley and the apathy has set in, I'll be in a bad mood after a humping off DUFC so Im not coming over this saturday. Heart and soul??? you've killed it Vlad!

Dirk Diggler

Went to the pub straight after work yesterday, had 2 pints, looking forward to the game.

Came 2.45, decided to stay in the pub rather than attend Tynie as my heart was just not in it. I have never ever felt like this before.

Whats happened guys, as I dont do things like that. Decided that a couple of pints in the warm boozer was more appealing than going along to cheer on the lads. Yesterday confirmed a lot of things for me. Vlad has ripped the heart out of me.

Does anyone feel the same, and please, no jibes about me being a PT supporter etc, as I'd show pretty much anyone else up when it comes to supporting hearts.

I've been doing it regularly for years now.

No big deal.

Lager rules.

:P

chester copperpot
I've been doing it regularly for years now.

No big deal.

Lager rules.

:P

Well actually Cider does, but I see your point.

And now that the ritual kick in the guts (aka listening to the line-up on the radio on the way to the ground and finding that Kurskis is in goal, or Robbie Neilson is on the right wing)

That ritual started the day me and my mate were driving to the game when we caught the tail end of the 1 o'clock Radio 1 news, and just heard Hearts being mentioned. Changed over to 810 and listened in disbelief the news that Burley had been papped out the door.

Downhill from then on regarding the treatment and feelings towards the way the JTs are being treated.

That ritual started the day me and my mate were driving to the game when we caught the tail end of the 1 o'clock Radio 1 news, and just heard Hearts being mentioned. Changed over to 810 and listened in disbelief the news that Burley had been papped out the door.

Downhill from then on regarding the treatment and feelings towards the way the JTs are being treated.

Indeed, that was the start of many "kick in the guts" moments. My other worst ones, off the cuff, were the Foulkes/Anderton announcement, Tannadice, the team line-up for ER after we'd stuffed them in the Cup, the team line-up for the CIS game at ER, arriving back from a holiday in Spain and listening to Riccartongate on the radio, and a personal favourite from this season: arriving at Tynecastle the week after Scissorhands had thrown the ball in the net at Ibrox and finding that the fecking clown had retained his place.

ELIBURN JAMBO(THE ORIGINA
i ve hardly used half my season ticket this season as they say the heart and souls gone

Good to see i'm not alone in felling like all you guys,for what its worth who's going to start an onlone petition telling this 2 bit joker of a business man to fek off back to where he came from. I know it won't make an ounce of difference to that stubborn sod but it would be interesting to see who many signatures we could get.

PontiusPilate

I can take the getting beaten, don't like it though, but it is the gutless displays that get me mad the players just dont feel for the club.

Does anyone feel the same.

Never stayed in the pub instead of going to a game. Mainly because drinking too much is bad for you:p

Only ever left 2 games with less than injury time to go - and both this season. Gretna (had to pick up my daughters) and Rangers (nuff said).

Have to admit though, watching Hearts at the moment is so boring and can't blame anyone for not going. Even sitting with my brother and mate watching the game there is nothing to discuss. Nothing to get excited about.

There is just nothing. Even my Dad who has a ST is struggling to justify getting a ST for next season.

Sad days.

Deans Jambo

Sadly your very much in the majority Andy. Didn't renew my s.t for this season but its been possible for me to go most weeks due to mates with s.t not going. Had a mates s.t in the house but just couldn't get motivated to go, especially with a forward line of Mole n Elliot!

When we've had poor teams in the past we could always protest about it i.e sack the board, force a managers sacking. But i think we all feel theirs nothing we can do about the current situation to change it therefore because we feel we have no say at our club our HEARTS are being ripped from us.

This thread has been forwarded to Hearts. When you read stuff that I have in these posts you know the sh*t has truly hit the fan. Things are bad. Somebody will read it surely.

Gigolo-Aunt

Have to confess of missing two games at home this season that could easily have been attended.

Not the "Old Dunkirk Spirit" at all.

ford donald

agree mate.totally ****ed off with hearts at the moment,players are pish,coaching is pish.wont be back till a top manager is there!:mad:

Woke up on Saturday and I really didnt want to go. I had other more important things I could be doing.

But still.... got myself ready and headed along. Walking to Tynie I even discussed "renewal" with my mate and admitted that the chances are, I probably would renew.

I got to the game. Within 5 mins I was bored. As has been the case on so many occasions this season, i found myself easily distracted by folk in the crowd / freaky looking stewards / seagulls / litter getting blown about.

I left the ground at the final whistle and asked myself why i'd even bothered.

I left the ground at the final whistle a lot more unlikely to renew.

I wish I had been in the pub instead. I envy you Andy.

The Old Tolbooth

I woke up on Saturday morning and really didnt wanna go either, I could quite easily have painted the walls and watched them dry, it would be more exciting.

Even sitting at the game for 75 minutes (thats when I left) I wasnt animated at all, I sat there probably the quietest I've ever been, and when I left I wasnt even bothered if a goal was scored for whatever team.

Thats just not what being a Hearts fan is all about!

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I didn't even leave my house to go to the game. I gave a mate my season ticket whilst I drunk a bottle of Vodka in the house and got smashed.

I knew it would be a crap game. I was proved to be correct.

portobellojambo1

When, as I have started doing, you start trawling websites to see if there are any decent one day cricket internationals coming up over the Summer, when you start thinking about things you would never think about, like wondering who will win Wimbledon etc. etc. you realise that the enthusiasm which was all directed Hearts way is ebbing out of you. Saturday home games for me were always a case of being in the club at or around 11:00 am, participating in the banter that was pre match build up. This season my arrival times at the club have been getting later and later, it appears to be more a case of get into Gorgie as near to KO time as possible, bounce into a taxi as quickly as possible after the game and get away again.

Saturday I arrived at 14:00, to view what has become the norm of late, guys sitting in the club, with long faces, staring into pint tumblers with their minds working overtime to try and comprehend how, or why, it has all gone wrong. When guys who have been following Hearts for a lot longer than I have tell me this is the pits, I listen to them, they like me can accept losing to teams better than us, they, like me, cannot stand the systematic rape of our club, the non effort on the park, and the bull s h i t we get fed off of it.

The end of this season quite simply cannot come quick enough, and sad to say I see the present situation being the norm for many, many years to come.

loveofthegame

Seems a bit of a strange decision for someone who regularly comes on here declaring there undying love for the Hearts but each to their own. Shows the apathy of our support now.

I, as usual, was excited before the game. Stupidity i guess! But i hadnt been to Tynie in almost a month- same as everyone else though as the last home game was Rangers almost a month ago!

I then proceeded to sit through one of the most boring, uninspiring games of my life. I wish'd i stayed in the pub! But come next Sat at 2.50pm im 100% certain ill be leaving the pub to head to Tynie. Its what my Saturdays are all about. The pubs cracking but theres hours to be there before and after the game

chester copperpot
Seems a bit of a strange decision for someone who regularly comes on here declaring there undying love for the Hearts but each to their own. Shows the apathy of our support now.

I do love Hearts.

I do not hold much warmth for our current regime though mate. Its a battle of good versus evil when it comes to hearts these days Im afraid.

loveofthegame
I do love Hearts.

I do not hold much warmth for our current regime though mate. Its a battle of good versus evil when it comes to hearts these days Im afraid.

I completely agree mate. I wasnt actually questioning your love for Hearts which, despite not knowing you, is quite clear from your posts on here.

As i said though, it shows the apathy of the support now. Worrying days for Hearts when real fans start questioning there support for the club.

Season ticket sales could be very interesting if big changes arent made quickly. I'll be renewing but i understand the reasoning as to why many will not.

I actually had to nip off from my work on Saturday so lost 3 hours wages to sit through that. I then had to go back to work after the match so didn't even get to Diggers which in all honesty has been much better than the football recently. A bit sad that the highlight of a match day is now catching up with folk in the boozer afterwards.

Im glad I didn't go yesterday mate, as I would've probably lamped Larry last night at the Bonnyrigg POTY dance.

Didn't realise he was so poor yest.

Depends who you listen to mate, I personally tought LK played pretty well considering how long he's been out. Him and Miko were the only ones I'd give pass marks to.

I think if a lot of us were honest we would admit we've felt like we do many times in the past. We have had countless crap seasons when the last few fixtures became a chore and we were counting down to the seasons end. But this season it seems more amplified due to the fact we were promised so much by VR yet they have delivered so little (and we're never out the newspapers!).

Just get your chin up and look forward to next season!!

Didnt go

Eventually turned on Sky Sports at 6.15 to find out the score.

I've ranted enough recently so wont go over it again.

The Zaliukus sub after 63 minutes against Rangers will be the last time I am at Tynie until something significant changes.

People can question me all they want. I'm not enjoying what I am going through but I'd rather be doing other things than supporting the current regime and set up

jambopompey

part time supporter. :mw_rolleyes:

you'd never catch me heading to westfields and not bothering to go to the game, even when offered the use of a season ticket.

it was bad enough going outside for a fag, sod sitting in the ground watching what we did (not wishing it to be) predict would happen.

The Old Tolbooth
Didnt go

Eventually turned on Sky Sports at 6.15 to find out the score.

I've ranted enough recently so wont go over it again.

The Zaliukus sub after 63 minutes against Rangers will be the last time I am at Tynie until something significant changes.

People can question me all they want. I'm not enjoying what I am going through but I'd rather be doing other things than supporting the current regime and set up

Spooky, thats the exact point at when I walked out too, and for the same reason! :confused:

rudi must stay

I felt good going to the game. Then suddenly I realised how the **** are we going to score, it was blatently obvious that they were playing for a draw and we just sold our only player that can score..

chester copperpot
Section E Lower was a quieter place without you on Saturday Andy.

I bet your glad mate. Might be even quieter next season as am contemplating moving over to the main stand.

jambopompey
I bet your glad mate. Might be even quieter next season as am contemplating moving over to the main stand.

im contemplating buying a season ticket for just in front of the plasma screen in westfields

Archived