your greatest game

the cup wins would be an easy choise for most so if you could re-live one match you've attended in the past what would you choose? mines?probably the bayern munich game,that dark crisp night under the floodlights in front of a full to the brim tynecastle was supperb and when fergi scored at the shed end it was bedlem.just a pity i was in the away end :thumbsup:

Stuttgart at Tynecastle.

I know we didn't get through but there was something about that night, tension, atmosphere, goals it will live long in the memory.

Away to Bordeaux. The whole trip was just amazing and when that goal went in, I've never seen celebrations like that since.

Stuttgart at Tynecastle.

I know we didn't get through but there was something about that night, tension, atmosphere, goals it will live long in the memory.

These threads never run for long without this match being mentioned. It was incredible - the game, the atmosphere.......the miss from Petric!

3rd May 2006 was a special night at Tynecastle and one I will never forget. My (bluenose) mate text me from Holyrood to say he could hear us singing and that he assumed we had won! :woot:

Stuttgart at Tynecastle.

Got to agree with that one. Tynie was rocking that night.

A less glamourous game would be when we played Partick with Levein in charge, it was about a week before christmas and it had been one of they games when we had done everything but score and literally the last kick of the game Alan Maybury scored an absolute screamer. Tynie erupted.

Snake Plissken

Cup wins and derby victories aside I'd go for beating Rangers 1-0 in September 2005.

It was the game the bubble was meant to burst in but we won convincingly, Jankauskas was outstanding that day, a master class in holding the ball up. When the game was over it was clear something special was going to happen that season.

Would probably be the league cup quarter final against Celtic at Tynecastle in 96.

Beating a strong Celtic team at Tynecastle, under the floodlights, 3 days after our entire defence had been sent off at Ibrox, John Robertson scoring the only goal. What a night.

Just a shame we didn't go on to win the final.

not greatest as results go but for support from the fans but when we got beat 4-3 at darkhead in the league cup final is a good one,when rangers went up to lift the trophy the hearts fans drowned out the huns

At Tynie the 2 that stick out for me most are beating Aberdeen 1-0 in 2006, purely for the atmosphere ane celebrations.

And 4-4 against Hibs, I was on my way out when Weir scored to make it 4-3 then stood on the steps and watched as he made it 4-4 then completely unintentionally ended up over the barrier as everyone rushed towards the Hibs support. I was sure one of them was going to jump over and lynch me!

Unbelieveable Jeff!

Away to the Hobos (Wayne Foster day)

Stuggart at home

Bayern at home

1998 cup final

2006 semi & final

Selick at home (Quintongo's last second equaliser)

Rankgers at home (when Clarkey scored with his sock)

and too many more to mention :thumbsup:

All of the above where great games. I'd like to add the cup tie at Tynie against rangers. When we wher 2-0 up went back to 2-2. Then 4-2 to us. With Kevin Thomas scoring the last goal after a great run by big davie mac.

4-4 game was :pleasing:

2-0 at home against Zagreb, if Stewarts shot had went in, we would have went on to score 4 at least.

4-0 semi obviously

My first game at ER, Fozzy on the fence

2-1 ER, Moose and Stampy (goosebumps thinking about it!)

To be honest there's been too many great moments to list! Funny how one game every couple of years makes it all worth while :thumbsup:

What a hard question. Would love to pick a game from the 80`s but i think i`ll plump for the 5-1 pumping of the Hoboids.

Reason being, it hadn`t been that long since their 6-2 win and i think it was always on our minds "when will we exact revenge?"....

1-0 always does me in a derby and i`d never change our record for just one big humping, but the way we started(getting to 2-0 quickly), and with them being very rocky at the back, it just dawned on everyone it could be the day.

The 2nd half was tighter early doors and they got their goal but we quickly went 3-1 up. Many were starting to settle for 3-1 as the game headed towards the final whistle.... some fans amazingly started to leave the ground, and not Hibs fans!

THEN BOOM BOOM......and especially at he 5th goal...Tynie exploded! Great feeling in how the last two goals seemingly came from nowhere.

pettigrewsstylist

Cup wins and derby victories aside I'd go for beating Rangers 1-0 in September 2005.

It was the game the bubble was meant to burst in but we won convincingly, Jankauskas was outstanding that day, a master class in holding the ball up. When the game was over it was clear something special was going to happen that season.

The 'We shall not be moved' was thunderous at full time that day. I had workmates in the away end who came in that Monday saying Tynecastle could not be bettered for atmosphere by any ground, including Ibrox, when rocking like that

pettigrewsstylist

the cup wins would be an easy choise for most so if you could re-live one match you've attended in the past what would you choose? mines?probably the bayern munich game,that dark crisp night under the floodlights in front of a full to the brim tynecastle was supperb and when fergi scored at the shed end it was bedlem.just a pity i was in the away end :thumbsup:

Beating Airdrie 2-0 in 1980 to win league flag and promote was special :thumbsup:

Mad Dog Frazer

away to Hibs in the cup when our wayne scored the winner

just about got killed in the terracing but the pleasure that gave me was amazing

the semi when we trounced the hobo's at hampden 4-0 is close 2nd

then who could forget Glynn Snodins free kick at tynie against slavia prague that was some game as well

my top 3

The night we played Leipzig great atmosphere

This^ without a doubt.

Closely followed by The semi-final.

winston churchill

1998 cup final was better than every other game put together in the last 30 years watching the hearts.

other great games.

semi final win against the wee team from lochend.

basil away.did i read something about us being the first british side to win there.

Johanes de Silentio

Beating Airdrie 2-0 in 1980 to win league flag and promote was special :thumbsup:

That was brilliant, but it was 1-0, mate! :thumbsup:

The Graham Weir derby for me - I don't think I've ever laughed so much in my life! :lol:

4-4 - without question the most incredible end to a game that anyone's ever likely to see, yet we fully deserved the three points.

1-0 at Fester 2007, not so much for the match but for the 45 solid minutes the Hearts fans hung around making the Hobos wait to bring out the wee cup bellowing out song after belittling song.

2-1 at Fester 2002, Janczyk, Stamp and Moose. Ridiculous celebrations in the Hearts end.

4-2 win at home to Rangers a couple of years back, when we went 4-1 up I was desperate for us to score a couple more, but still very satisfying considering how average our team was. Ivaskevicious "slaloming" through for number 4 was special.

3-0 win at home to Celtic in 06, and the 2-1 win against them that followed it at the beginning of the following season were great. The first because it lined us up for CL qualification and we gave them a doing, and the second for Lennon's assist for the winning goal and the fact that until we dropped points the following week I was convinced we were going to make a serious title challenge.

Morgaro Gomis

A lot of memorable games. Could mention the semi final against the wee team, or the humpings we have given them. Instead, however, I will opt for the 2-2 game against Rangers at Ibrox. 2-0 down at half-time, looking awful, then we pulled the first back and it was only a matter of time before the equaliser would come. We, also, should have gone on to win that game.

The night we played Leipzig great atmosphere

Away to Bordeaux. The whole trip was just amazing and when that goal went in, I've never seen celebrations like that since.

Tannadice April '86.

These :thumbsup:

Rudolf's Mate

As loads have said, too many to pick from however the Bayern home game atmosphere was out of this world. As we were about to kick off I had to out my hands over my ears as the noise was deafening. Goosebump stuff!

I'd got a ticket for part of the gorgie road end and was so desperate to be in the shed that I swapped my ticket with a guy however it cost me an extra tenner and sealed the deal with my top I was wearing..... Literally as I got behind the goal he walked past me and gave me a wink amd grinned!!! Oh well, game was class.

Motherwell away 97/98 one down at half time ,we ran out easy 4 1 winners ,quite simply one of the best second half displays I have witnessed in my years following the Famous !!

kennyblack'sshot

You can't beat midweek floodlit games for me. My top 3 would be Dukla Prague 3-2 win '86 (Fozzy's first minute goal), Bayern 1-0 win '89 (that goal) and Celtic 1-0 '86 (majestic Neil Berry header as I remember it).

pettigrewsstylist

That was brilliant, but it was 1-0, mate! :thumbsup:

The Graham Weir derby for me - I don't think I've ever laughed so much in my life! :lol:

Geez my memory going with age,,,thought the JC winner in 86 Semi against Dundee Utd was about 81 mins till saw link last week and i was at the bloody game lol. Find this happening more and more with old 1st division days especially

:ermm:

has to be bayern munich game and that wonder strike from ian ferguson, standing behind the goal at the school end and seeing that hit the net was amazing

Despite the OP clearly stating that Cup games aren't to be picked, I'm going to pick every single Cup game that we've ever won.

Despite the OP clearly stating that Cup games aren't to be picked, I'm going to pick every single Cup game that we've ever won.

I did wonder that myself, but, he said "cup wins" and then went on to select the Bayern game. So, I felt safe assuming he meant wins in the final only. :thumbsup:

Rudolf's Mate

I did wonder that myself, but, he said "cup wins" and then went on to select the Bayern game. So, I felt safe assuming he meant wins in the final only. :thumbsup:

Haha. I didn't even pick up on that despite picking out the Bayern game myself :D

Home to Clydebank 1986. Played honking. The Ace of Hearts Gary Mackay(as per my wee badge) Scored a cracker. Bedlam.

The old man bought me the 7" of the Hearts song.

I thought that was the day we won the league.....

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Ok if cup games are allowed (apart from the obvious ones) who can remember the SC4th round against rangers, 2-0 up and when they pulled two back I thought we would crumble, when robbo smashed in the 3rd i thought i was going to wet myself but who wold have thought when big dave got the ball 1/2 way in our own half he would go on a nosebleeding run to set up the 4th. What a night!!

south morocco

That was great im sure there was a pitch invasion after that game ??,and i was part of it!

I think he made cup final wins, rather than any win in a cup competition.

Away to St Mirren 08/09 it was a terrible performance that day capped with Michael Stewart being sent off early days but the team ground out the result that day and it sparked a 5 game winning streak. There were hardly any Hearts fans there that day but it went mad when we scored.

Leipzig game takes a lot of beating.

One game I remember that we didn't even win was in 1970, a 0-0 draw at home against Celtic, featuring Cruickshank's fantastic penalty save (and more) and a stand-out performance from Peter Oliver. Earlier in the season, we'd won 2-0 at Parkhead. To be unbeaten home and away against Celtic was some achievement in those days (ask Leeds United).

Leipzeg for me, i was a fresh faced 16 year-old and the atmosphere brought goosebumps :thumbsup: closely followed by a 3-2 win at Tynie [ Jimmy Bone scoring the winner] after we had been promoted back to the topflight. Another unforgetable evening was the following season away to PSG.....what a great trip apart from the result obviously.

Motherwell away 97/98 one down at half time ,we ran out easy 4 1 winners ,quite simply one of the best second half displays I have witnessed in my years following the Famous !!

That was cracking!

Its always great watching brilliant comebacks(the hooped demons 3-2 comeback was also a cracker)but as others have said the Bayern game for just being a fantastic night tops them all for me.

Stuttgart at Tynecastle.

agree 100% with that, game sticks out for me as my most memorable. the 4-4 game aswel, never celebrated a draw so much in my life

0-3 Ibrox Magic's hatrick

1-0 Bayern

1-2 Parkhead Crabbe curler

2-1 Sheep semi 1996

0-1 McCann ER

5-0 Stenhousemuir closed door game fashanu's first game

Archived