Kyle Out till March !

Only a Game

Posted this earlier but no one saw it by the looks of things

I was told earlier today that Kyle has a serious hernia problem which needs an operation and he will be out for at least six weeks.

Source is a player on the fringes of the first team just now.

PS I am only the messenger but shoot away anyway.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Captain Sausage

Bad news if true. Our formation is perfect for facing teams that will press us, such as the Old Firm, who we play three times in the next 3 weeks. Without a suitable direct replacement for Kyle, we might need to go 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1, which will mean either Templeton or Skacel losing the 'no responsibility' role they enjoy in the current system.

If true at least it has happened in January when replacements are possible.

Not many available players out there that are in the Kyle mould. I reckon JJ will need to amend the tactics and for me that is bringing in an attacking midfielder and a proven goalscorer. I hope he doesn't look to Crazy Legs to fill KK's boots.

But I have a feeling that JJ will be expected to soldier on to the summer with the squad he's got.

I think we need to get him to the docs now and have this op done. I hope we don't continue with injections as that only leads to a longer spell out in the future.

Oh, and we must sign a replacement if we are even remotely interested in going higher than third.

Rudolf's Mate

I think we need to get him to the docs now and have this op done. I hope we don't continue with injections as that only leads to a longer spell out in the future.

Oh, and we must sign a replacement if we are even remotely interested in going higher than third.

This.

If true this will show us how serious Vlads push in this league is. Before anyone has a pop at me, I'm not actually having a go at the man, merely stating a fact.

Would anyone take Kenny Miller :D

Jambof3tornado

Kev and Rudi have been pivotal to our game this season,and its just as well we picked up points when we did! Can't imagine us getting a replacement so its now time for the coaches to get the tactics changed and work with the talents we have. We will miss Kyles leadership and drive on the park which has been worth as much as any goals so far this season. Perhaps the return of Lee and Andy will help lift the team and it certainly gives JJ more options for the tactics board!

We have to find a cheap replacement now.John Sutton or someone similar nice and cheap as a direct replacement or as others have said a real poacher and change the way we play but that won't be cheap.Going with Obua is not the way.

Disasterous if true as he's central to just about everything we do.

Agree that Obua is NOT the answer.

I know we've said previously that we don't do loan deals but maybe for such a key position as this they might reconsider.

Jam Tarts 1874

If true we need to get a replacement. There is no way we will qualify for Europe if our strikers (if that is the appropriate term!) are Obua and Clum.

Injections until we have Suso or Driver back then we adjust our tactics.

He will be missed but I think Elliott can lead the line with a combination of Skacel, Temp's, Driver or Suso playing behind him can work.

portobellojambo1

Kevin Kyle may well have a problem, that I don't know, but if he does it may not require immediate surgery. I only suggest this as he was in contention to play yesterday, despite limping off on Tuesday. This may suggest it is something he can get through and it may be possible to delay any surgery until the close season.

A loan deal would be ideal if this is true. Yakubu has just gone out on loan, so good players are available! It's just whether we'd get them to Hearts.

We have to find a cheap replacement now.John Sutton or someone similar nice and cheap as a direct replacement or as others have said a real poacher and change the way we play but that won't be cheap.Going with Obua is not the way.

Think John Sutton is a good shout and the first I thought of, good in the air, decent with the build up play and can nick a goal and wouldn't disrupt our system in any way

Kevin Kyle may well have a problem, that I don't know, but if he does it may not require immediate surgery. I only suggest this as he was in contention to play yesterday, despite limping off on Tuesday. This may suggest it is something he can get through and it may be possible to delay any surgery until the close season.

he wasnt goiong to play yesterday,

needs a minor op should be out fot 10/14 days if all goes well and recovers as it should

A loan deal would be ideal if this is true. Yakubu has just gone out on loan, so good players are available! It's just whether we'd get them to Hearts.

I was at platinum briefing thing with Jim, Billy, locke and David Southern.

They were asked about loaned deals as Motherwell seemed to be enjoying success with that approach.

They confirmed that's not a road the club wished to go down.

needs a minor op should be out fot 10/14 days if all goes well and recovers as it should

Does he need to op right away or is it something that can be delayed a couple of weeks ?

Hopefully Andy will get fit and we can play Driver, Elliott, Templeton up front. That would still be a very decent SPL attack. I think the injuries to Kevin and Rudi show how much we need to add a couple of players.

Cheers for that.

I hope that he gets his op timely and we don't make him take more injections. I dare say he would do it if we asked him to, but I'd rather sort it now than risk this lingering and getting worse for your brother.

He is too important to us to take any chances.

Guess The Crowd

Am I correct in thinking KK is one booking away from a suspension?

In that case, he should take an injection for one game, deliberately get booked, so that the suspension coincides with his op / recovery.

Otherwise we're likely to lose him for (two?)further games after his injury.

Charlie-Brown

Not many available players out there that are in the Kyle mould. I reckon JJ will need to amend the tactics and for me that is bringing in an attacking midfielder and a proven goalscorer. I hope he doesn't look to Crazy Legs to fill KK's boots.

But I have a feeling that JJ will be expected to soldier on to the summer with the squad he's got.

whilst losing kyle is a big blow unless we were already planning to sign a striker in january then i don't think we should rush into a panic signing just as a temporary measure afterall the whole reason for having a squad of players is that they cover for injuries and suspensions. If the squad players don't play then what is the point of having them and paying them good money to do nowt? Having to rely on Elliott, Elliot, Obua and Glen is less than ideal as Kyle is a massive presence for us but i suspect most of our rivals will also lose some key players this month, rangers miller? Dundee utd goodwillie? Killie sammon plus bryson injured, inverness adam rooney, motherwell already lost blackman and reynolds.

if at all possible we should play him until he picks up his inevitable suspension?

yes bring him on in the last min next week...get him to kick the ball away and get booked then iam sure he will be due a suspension....job done :thumbsup:

Now mate or it will get worse

That's a bugger as we could really do with having him for the Huns and Tims games coming up.

Thanks for letting us know anyway.

From leaving the derby delighted at winning, relieved at winning, gutted that with a wee bit composure it could have been a maassacre and full of optimism for season ahead, we've just had an awful 2 weeks (and only played one game) that I'm concerned might define our season.

Remember just by mid December all being delighted that we'd have points in the bag and others might have to play catch up.

Yesterday was a horrible day for us. Even the Hobos getting beat was soured with the realism St. Midden and Hamilton are keech.

Drylaw Hearts

Stick the Train up front for a few games. Move Ruben into the middle and Wallace at left back.

Yeah.....let's weaken 2 positions rather than 1.

Good idea.

The Old Tolbooth

Agree with this, because all of a sudden we've got absolutely nothing up front again!

I bet we don't bring anyone in though.

Yeah.....let's weaken 2 positions rather than 1.

Good idea.

Ruben is a natural midfielder. Check.

Wallace is a better left back. Check.

So IMO, we wouldn't necessarily be weaker than we already are. ;)

Agree with this, because all of a sudden we've got absolutely nothing up front again!

Depends if we want to go for higher than third, John. Oh, and less of the pessimism bud, it'll be fine. :thumbsup:

I wonder if we could get Lee Miller on loan again? Is he getting a game at Boro?

He has went to Notts County.

The Old Tolbooth

Stick the Train up front for a few games. Move Ruben into the middle and Wallace at left back.

Csaba, is that you? :unsure:

Drylaw Hearts

Ruben is a natural midfielder. Check.

Wallace is a better left back. Check.

So IMO, we wouldn't necessarily be weaker than we already are. ;)

Mrowiec and Ruben are 2 very different players - Ruben could NEVER do the job Mrowiec has done this season.

I've also seen him at CF before at Tannadice and he was a disaster.

It's not a good idea imo.

Seymour M Hersh

Depends if we want to go for higher than third, John. Oh, and less of the pessimism bud, it'll be fine. :thumbsup:

He has went to Notts County.

Sold or on loan?

Perhaps JJ is waiting until he does get someone in before getting the op done? Just a thought. :unsure:

Captain Price

Even if we do sign a good player, what do we do with Kyle? I don't like seeing players been put out because of other players, as it reduces their confidence. And it can work both ways, we sign this player til Kev gets back and then he gets put on the subs/reserves?

I personally wouldn't sign anybody, just work with the talent we have.

.....................................................................Kello

.........................................................Jonsson Bouzid Zaliukas Wallace

.................................................................. Number 31

.....................................................................Black

...........................................................Templeton Driver

.....................................................................Skacel

....................................................................S.Elliott

shoot me if you will.

Even if we do sign a good player, what do we do with Kyle? I don't like seeing players been put out because of other players, as it reduces their confidence. And it can work both ways, we sign this player til Kev gets back and then he gets put on the subs/reserves?

.........................................................Jonsson Bouzid Zaliukas Wallace

shoot me if you will.

If Driver is fit, and we are playing at home or against anybody other than the Glasgow two, I think that is the team to play. Against the Glasgow two, I'd be wary of being so attacking and wouldn't play two wingers and Skacel.

shoot me if you will.

I wouldn't shoot you - I agree, folks expecting a club in our financial position to be able to sign players to cover for relatively short term injuries are beling unrealistic IMO.

:unsure:

The Old Tolbooth

I wasn't really being pessimistic mate, I just took JJ's comments at face value when he stated that he doesn't need to add to the squad, I probably read that statement as "he's possibly not got the budget to bring in anyone just now"

If I'm being honest, I absolutely loved Robinson when he was in the team and thought he had the heart of a lion, surely he could do a job for us based on what we've already seen of the guy.

Perhaps JJ is waiting until he does get someone in before getting the op done? Just a thought. :unsure:

A good thought Dave, but if Kyle continues to play like he did against St Johnstone whilst carrying an injury, then it might be an idea to just get him straight under the knife, although if we don't bring anyone in then we can kiss a title challenge goodbye imo, which would be a shame because the Old Firm are nothing this season.

Archived