How bad is Christophe Berra

robbogoal

Prince Buaben

captained Wolves today vs Man City well donw that man

got skinned rotten by Tevez for the 2nd goal though

Better defenders than him have been skinned rotten by Tevez

Great player for Hearts and carried our defence at a time when Zaliukas was at best unreliable.

Felix Lighter

The fact is,he's been there for the last two years, so he must be doing something right.

He's not the first and won't be the last to be made to look foolish by Tevez.

I'd have him back at Hearts.

Look at who he was up against today. There are few defenders in the world who would have an easy time against that pair.

Would have him back as captain in an instant.

Honestly never rated him, I think he's a terrible player and I cant believe he plays in the EPL

With your unparalleled record for unearthing footballing talent, I guess I just have to agree.

Poor first touch, so one footed, always on his heels in one v ones, always on wrong side and grabbing back opponents, giving away daft free kicks....

His pace gets him out of a lot of trouble imho.

Good in the air and er quick...oh and heart of a lion but that doesnt make him a good player.

And just because I dont rate him doesnt mean I know nowt about fitbaw to be fair.

For example I think McManus is AWFUL, but he plays ahead of Berra for Scotland, even though berra plays in the epl and McManus in championship.

I think that says something.

Don't see him in action much but normally check his match ratings in the papers and he constantly gets a 7.

Still, what do they know? :blink:

Poor first touch, so one footed, always on his heels in one v ones, always on wrong side and grabbing back opponents, giving away daft free kicks....

Good in the air and er quick...oh and heart of a lion but that doesnt make him a good player.

And just because I dont rate him doesnt mean I know nowt about fitbaw to be fair.

Hold on! His pace gets him out of trouble? Well that makes up for other supposed shortcomings. Add that to good in the air and heart of a lion and you could have a very good central defender on your hands.

Talk about arguing with yoursel. Sheesh!

True.

Just more than Levein, Robertson, Burley, and McCarthy.

jamboinglasgow

For example I think McManus is AWFUL, but he plays ahead of Berra for Scotland, even though berra plays in the epl and McManus in championship.

Here is a question for you, have you watched him for 90 mins in the premier league or just the highlights of him playing for a relegation fighting team?

He's testing himself against some of the best players in the world week in, week out. This can only help his education. Did well at us and was a responsible professional during his time at us. Got us a decent transfer fee so think as Hearts fans we should be wishing him nothing but the best for his future in the game.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Unless you go and watch Wolves play every now and again I think its pretty dumb to go commenting on individual players performance.

Saw Berra play against Arsenal last season and he was 1st class.

Here is a question for you, have you watched him for 90 mins in the premier league or just the highlights of him playing for a relegation fighting team?

To be fair your right I've only seen him on tv at wolves. But I seem to remember him making loads of mistakes which cost goals.

My first impression of him at Hearts was that he was poor and thats stuck.

Honestly never rated him, I think he's a terrible player and I cant believe he plays in the EPL

Dislike end off

Unless you go and watch Wolves play every now and again I think its pretty dumb to go commenting on individual players performance.

Saw Berra play against Arsenal last season and he was 1st class.

People do this every day at their work, in the pub etc etc.

Snake Plissken

To be fair your right I've only seen him on tv at wolves. But I seem to remember him making loads of mistakes which cost goals.

Well, you sound very intelligent.

It would be futile to try to argue against such gravitas.

I was at the game,text my mate at half time and said that Berra was captain and was outstanding,blame me for putting the jinx on him for his 2nd half display.After the game i was talking to some Wolves fans and they were full of praise for him.The general opinion was he has adapted to the Premier far better than the 1st division.

By the way apart from one bit of play Fletcher was very poor.

what an absolute slaver.

Well, you sound very intelligent.

It would be futile to try to argue against such gravitas.

Aye thats right, you know exactly how intelligent I am.

Honestly you post an opinion on here about a player, and you become dumb, dont know nowt about football, unsupportive - although I loved to see Gordon, Colin Cameron, Gary Naysmith, Rudi, after he left etc etc do well, know nowt about football etc etc.

Earlier someone posted about my record of unearthing talent, without having a clue what I do for a living... I could be tempted to ask, how dumb is that? But I wont cos people are allowed their opinion.

Still dont think Berras a good player though.

I was at the game,text my mate at half time and said that Berra was captain and was outstanding,blame me for putting the jinx on him for his 2nd half display.After the game i was talking to some Wolves fans and they were full of praise for him.The general opinion was he has adapted to the Premier far better than the 1st division.

By the way apart from one bit of play Fletcher was very poor.

Fair enough, they watch him every week.

good enough to captain a premier league team regularly. looked poor today, but he'll not be the only player to back off an onrushing carlos tevez and be made to look stupid.

At the end of a career when he will have amassed millions of pounds and many caps for Scotland, I'm sure he'll look back with regret on that thread on kickback where some MOD EDIT suggested he was shit.

Guess it's all about opinions................................they are like arseholes, they all stink and everyone's got one.

Loosen up dude! Don't take stuff so personally. You are bound to have thought your opinion on berrra wouldn't have been over-popular on here.

Anyway he doesn't know you from Adam so how can you be offended at him calling you a knob?

(not saying you're not a knob by the way :sweat:)

lol fair enough.

To be honest I know a few Jambos who share my opinion. One of them is one of those managers I think I know better than lol, which exlains why McManus plays ahead of him for Scotland.

And I see the point that maybe he's improved and got better in the prem than i give him credit for.

I'll ask my wife, maybe I am a knob lol

lol fair enough.

To be honest I know a few Jambos who share my opinion. One of them is one of those managers I think I know better than lol, which exlains why McManus plays ahead of him for Scotland.

And I see the point that maybe he's improved and got better in the prem than i give him credit for.

Yeah let us all know how that goes especially if she says " oh! Now that you mention it you are a knob. Can I have a divorce please?"

Woolfords Hearts

lol fair enough.

I tend to agree with you about Berra,but I've not got thousands of posts on here so I might be talking keek also.

All roads lead to Gorgie

There is a huge difference from defending against a Colin Nish and a Carlos Tevas so I think Christophe deserves some Praise for making the step up. He maybe looks stretched at times but the whole Wolves team plays so open the opposition often floods forward and CB is then the last line of defence. He made a mistake today allowing the city player through on goal but his recovery pace made the striker rush his shot which the keeper saved. He is no bad imo <_<

Berra is still young (25) for a central defender, he will make the odd mistake and because he is playing in the English Premier League, those odd mistakes will always be punished.

He will undoubtedly be a Scotland International for years to come.

Hopefully one day, he'll come back and captain Hearts, he's a good player.

Only watched up to 3.1 and from the highlights looked to be Wolves best defender. Plus he's been made captain. looked good in most of his recent games.

If Woles do go down don't be surprised if another EPL team comes in for him.

It's not as if pace, good in the air, strength and staying on your feet in the tackle is part of the modern day game.

I should add no doubt some trumpet will come on here and claim MacGregor is a better keeper than Gordon, because at least by coming for every cross ball, we know he's cr@p under it - whereas as Gordon just er, waits for the right moment.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Christophe seems to be doing a pretty decent job down there in the lower reaches of -what is understood to be- one of the best leagues in the world...

04_black_wolf.jpgARROOOOOOOOOOOGH!!!!

Johanes de Silentio

Jesys Christ al*******mighty! :blink:

bigsuperslim1874

Although i wouldnt go as far as to say he is terrible, i do think he is ordinary and seen him have a few honkers. He hasnt progressed as much as i thot he would and has certainly not come across well at international level when given the chance. Still plenty time tho.

Oh aye, everyone entitled to an opinion - everyone chill!

aberhill jambo

Aye thats right, you know exactly how intelligent I am.

Honestly you post an opinion on here about a player, and you become dumb, dont know nowt about football, unsupportive - although I loved to see Gordon, Colin Cameron, Gary Naysmith, Rudi, after he left etc etc do well, know nowt about football etc etc.

Earlier someone posted about my record of unearthing talent, without having a clue what I do for a living... I could be tempted to ask, how dumb is that? But I wont cos people are allowed their opinion.

Still dont think Berras a good player though.

Would you take him back at hearts thats the question you should have asked. I would and make him captain.

Have the luxury of being able to watch every Premiership game live here in Oz and often watch the games involving ex-Hearts players. Watched the full 90 mins last night and imo Berra was very good. Yes, there were times he was given problems by Dzeco and Tevez but that is to be expected.

Gives teams problems when he goes up for set pieces and moved forward for the last 5 mins and did not too bad there either.

He is an EPL quality player for me just not a Top 4 or probably top 6 for that metter but when you consider some of the other centre halfs playing for some of the teams he is easily worthy of playing at that level.

For me a large part of how good centre-halfs look is down to who they are playing with and if Berra was playing with a better partner in a slightly better team he would also look a lot more comfortable. McCarthy see's him as the organiser of that Wolves defence and that is putting added pressure on a relatively young player who is still finding his feet at that level.

Interested to know who the OP is comparing Berra too when he states he doesn't rate him. Would easily walk back into any team in the SPL and should also be playing for Scotland.

So, one daft mistake against the most expensively assembled team in the world and he is now awful and has never been any good.

You are spouting nonsense.

Archived