Horrific Injury !

JennytheJambo

JennytheJambo

I have just listened to Ally McCoist on the radio saying how horrific the injury was to Nikica Jelavic, correct me if I am wrong but if an injury was that bad would a player be back so soon or was this a dig at the challange from Ian Black without saying as much. The player in question has been out since October (not that long). I have friends/family (unfortunately) who are rangers supporters going on about it. I must admit I fear for Blackie when we play them again or maybe I am making too much out of it.

I think for a while Ian has been targeted by opposing teams, putting in a few tough tackles on him in the hope that he loses it, does something stupid and get sent off (doing a Michael Stewart). But ive been impressed with how he has risen above it and has gone about his business without much fuss.

I know Blackie has his critics but I think he is a big part of our unbeaten league run.

Lets be absolutely fecking clear.

Nikica Jelavic PLAYED ON through his injury.

Yep, imagine though if Lee Wallace was an OF youngster, it would be constantly in the papers about how he was badly injured on international duty at the start of a huge season for him.

Instead, not a peep.

wouldn't be like rangers to over dramatise something. if it's not this it's the fossil mumping about too many games to play or his budget being throttled to death by the bank.

JennytheJambo

wouldn't be like rangers to over dramatise something. if it's not this it's the fossil mumping about too many games to play or his budget being throttled to death by the bank.

Ditto! Oh forgot they wear halos round their heads, can do no wrong, never go in with bad challenges, never use their elbows, need I go on.

Commander Harris

The rage on Rangers forums is incredible. A professional foul the likes of which is seen up and down the country ever week. Unfortunately for Jelavic he ended up missing a few games but there's no way Black intended this outcome. Rangers fans are absolutely gunning for him now because of this, dirtiest player in the league who should watch his back when next in Glasgow apparently. He's up there with Neil Simpson in their eyes now. :blink:

The rage on Rangers forums is incredible. A professional foul the likes of which is seen up and down the country ever week. Unfortunately for Jelavic he ended up missing a few games but there's no way Black intended this outcome. Rangers fans are absolutely gunning for him now because of this, dirtiest player in the league who should watch his back when next in Glasgow apparently. He's up there with Neil Simpson in their eyes now. :blink:

The deluded are deluded!!!

Case closed!!!

:biglaugh: being a hearts man black was guilty of tryin to hard when he first arrived but obviously getn steered in the right direction now by jj and getn that bit older reacting to stuff could well be a thing of the past,as for the so called" horrific injury"? it's what is known as"nae luck"!!!!!!

Have to admit the clamour over this tackle has been nothing short of embarrassing.

Black has taken him down, it's a professional foul. It's unfortunate he's been injured.

Perhaps we should now draw the Huns attention to the incident when Allan MacGregor kicked Calum Elliot in the chest, or when Marvin Andrews cabbaged Bednar infront of the Wheatfield.:rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts

I think we'd be quite annoyed if we'd spent a huge amount of money on a player who was then done by a professional foul.

I'm not sure why anyone thinks Rangers, or anyone connected with them, wouldn't make a bit of a deal of the situation.

I think we'd be quite annoyed if we'd spent a huge amount of money on a player who was then done by a professional foul.

I'm not sure why anyone thinks Rangers, or anyone connected with them, wouldn't make a bit of a deal of the situation.

I don't think there was any intent to hurt him though.

Intent to stop him getting through yes, but I don't think he went to do him at all.

Drylaw Hearts

I don't think there was any intent to hurt him though.

Intent to stop him getting through yes, but I don't think he went to do him at all.

I don't either.

Have to admit the clamour over this tackle has been nothing short of embarrassing.

Black has taken him down, it's a professional foul. It's unfortunate he's been injured.

Perhaps we should now draw the Huns attention to the incident when Allan MacGregor kicked Calum Elliot in the chest, or when Marvin Andrews cabbaged Bednar infront of the Wheatfield.:rolleyes:

Yes but we don't talk about those incidents. :whistling:

Was Blackie sent off for his challenge? Nope. He even apologised afterwards which is something their players never do.

Storm in a tea cup, the OF do it so well. :rolleyes:

It was a rash challenge and I though Black was lucky to stay on the park at the time. However, them's the breaks. :rolleyes:

...because....

It wasn't an "horrific injury" and the statements that have been made by R@ng*rs employees since then which were aimed directly at Ian Black were appalling. I'd like to think we'd have more class than that*.

*We do by the way.

Drylaw Hearts

...because....

It wasn't an "horrific injury" and the statements that have been made by R@ng*rs employees since then which were aimed directly at Ian Black were appalling. I'd like to think we'd have more class than that*.

*We do by the way.

It may not have been horrific to you my good man.

As a club we no doubt have more class than that.

But as supporters we still go on about Numan on Wales, MacGregor on Elliot and Andrews on Bednar - why is anyone surprised that Rangers fans are going on about Black ?

The guy was a ?4million player - their biggest signing in years - if I were them I'd be a bit peeved also.

Some on here have actually said the Bednar scenario was worse yet he was back a lot quicker than Jelavic.

Blacks foul on Jelavic was the type of foul you see in every game. Yes it was a yellow card but from our point of view it was a 'good foul' as Rangers were breaking quickly. It's just unfortunate the boy got injured.

Andrews on Bednar and Macgregor on Elliot were both outright assault!!!

It may not have been horrific to you

As a club we no doubt have more class than that.

But as supporters we still go on about Numan on Wales, MacGregor on Elliot and Andrews on Bednar - why is anyone surprised that Rangers fans are going on about Black ?

The guy was a ?4million player - their biggest signing in years - if I were them I'd be a bit peeved also.

Some on here have actually said the Bednar scenario was worse yet he was back a lot quicker than Jelavic.

IIRC,

two of those three were stretchered off, the other was a case of attacking the striker in the air. All three, IMO, were tackles that intended to hurt the Hearts player. Ian Black's tackle was the sort often labeled as "cynical". A late tackle, expecting a yellow, to stop a chance developing. It was clear to all, even R@ng*rs fans, that he did not set out to injure Jelavic.

However, you suggest they are desperate and the expense of the signing was the source of their angst; I'd agree with that.

I hope Ian Black sticks his stookie right into the face of Lee McCulloch and gets away with it.....

Aye.

:rolleyes:

Victor Meldrew

Is this what Scottish football has become? Rangers whinging like girls because one of their pretty boy players was hurt in a tackle.

So what. Welcome to the SPL.

Oh, and do they not remember Terry Hurlock.

I really hate Rangers. They are complete c**ts who consider that they have a divine right to win and that everyone else simply isn't playing the game if they don't help them in that.

Castle Magyar

Cynical or cheeky wee trip? Wish I was still playing football - then we'd not be debating.

Which raises another point - is it right, in such a scenario, to remove the opposition threat and scythe down a player bearing in on goal?

Maybe I have a (Inter) Milanistic outlook, but yes it is...

I wish - for the 3 billionth time - to take the contrary view to the vast, vast majority of Hearts fans, because that's how I get my sexy online kicks.

Archived