Celtic's Rationale and Andy Walker's comments

Praha06

Just seen Andy Walker's short interview on Sky Sports News and he finishes up saying "I suspect Celtic's endgame here is to leave Scottish Football".

Given the above, it would certainly make sense where Celtic's general behaviour recently is concerned.

Firstly having just been served with a 6 match touchline ban, his shennanigans at New Douglas Park on Wednesday night and subsequent comments was mindless. The guy could easily have justified the SFA in extending his ban even further.

Secondly the Celtic board must be backing up Neil Lennon here otherwise they would surely have sensured Neil themselves by now.

So are Celtic in the process of damaging their relationship with the SFA such that they would have an easy exit from Scottish Football, as Andy Walker suspects is the case? And if indeed this is the case then surely they are on an extreme disrepute charge.

One thing is for sure, they are giving it both barrels to the SFA at the moment.

Just seen Andy Walker's short interview on Sky Sports News and he finishes up saying "I suspect Celtic's endgame here is to leave Scottish Football".

Given the above, it would certainly make sense where Celtic's general behaviour recently is concerned.

Firstly having just been served with a 6 match touchline ban, his shennanigans at New Douglas Park on Wednesday night and subsequent comments was mindless. The guy could easily have justified the SFA in extending his ban even further.

Secondly the Celtic board must be backing up Neil Lennon here otherwise they would surely have sensured Neil themselves by now.

So are Celtic in the process of damaging their relationship with the SFA such that they would have an easy exit from Scottish Football, as Andy Walker suspects is the case? And if indeed this is the case then surely they are on an extreme disrepute charge.

One thing is for sure, they are giving it both barrels to the SFA at the moment.

Where would they go? Or more to the point; who would have them?

makes no sense whatsoever.

acting like complete and utter ***** makes it harder to eventually leave scottish football.

walker is drooling as per.

Where is it that they're off to, then?

The Old Firm League - nobody else wants them.

there is no way this would be sanctioned by eufa or fifa, walker is just an idiot who likes to hear himself speak, it's a shame that he has a void of grey matter or he would have thought this through.

I would love them to have an easy exit from Scottish football but it will never happen as no-one else wants them either. They will continue to whinge and contest every decision until agrees that they are the victims. We all know the OF have had the majority of decisions in their favour for years but they still dont think they do. Its beggars belief (no pun intended ) that they think thy are victimised. Maybe the more damage they do the closer games between themselves and other teams will become.

Again I wonder the course of action had it been us that was involved and not the peg sellers.

Where is it that they're off to, then?

acting like complete and utter ***** makes it harder to eventually leave scottish football.

The Old Firm League - nobody else wants them.

This is exactly my thoughts. Acting like ******s, which they definitely are, is doing themselves no favours. Long may it continue. I just found Andy Walkers comments interesting, if a little nonsensical!

They have nowhere to go.

The Old Firm sycophants in the press can't quite get their heads round the fact that they would not be welcome in England and are in no way as big a pull as the think they were.

PS I hope Walkers ****** falls off.

andy walker is one man who's opinion on anything football isn't worth much,a celtic man through and through who over the years has made a point of having potshots at hearts,i absolutley [mod edit] hate the man,....so "andy walker,your a ######,your a ######"

They have nowhere to go.

The Old Firm sycophants in the press can't quite get their heads round the fact that they would not be welcome in England and are in no way as big a pull as the think they were.

PS I hope if Walker had a ****** it falls off.

Fixwd that bit :thumbsup:

kingantti1874

Sorry but that is utter nonsense - their endgame is to leave Scottish football!! Yes because showing themselves up as the wankers they undoubtedly are is going to endear them to the English teams...that will never happen

Or maybe they intend to form a breakaway-pro Celtic league constituting Scottish teams... Maybe they could play st liedown 40 times a season... I hope god that is there motivation, sadly, I think it is more likely that Andy walker is talking out his arse and is demonstrating himself to be the thick **** he undoubtedly is..

Celtic are moaning because they want to increase the pressure on refs to treat them even more favourably than they are already...

Guest vanbasten1874

Final destination the league of Ireland is the only logical conclusion ! Good riddens in my eyes hope Walker jumps aboard that ship too .

The main reason they would not be voted into England is because the smaller clubs in the EPL would feel threatened by them. Teams like Wolves, Wigan and Blackpool would never be able to compete given a level playing field. With the TV revenue the EPL clubs get, and with their resources and fan base Rangers and Celtic would quickly overtake everyone except maybe the top 4 or 5 clubs. I actually feel they would contribute to the league, but it would depend on how the vote was structured, it would have to be done very carefully.

Final destination the league of Ireland is the only logical conclusion ! Good riddens in my eyes hope Walker jumps aboard that ship too .

My thoughts exactly!

Guaranteed Champions Legaue Football every season.

If that happened, I would be over the moon!

In fact, if Celtic "moved the Franchise" to Dublin, what a result.

Wishful thinking, I know, but you can dream!

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The main reason they would not be voted into England is because the smaller clubs in the EPL would feel threatened by them. Teams like Wolves, Wigan and Blackpool would never be able to compete given a level playing field. With the TV revenue the EPL clubs get, and with their resources and fan base Rangers and Celtic would quickly overtake everyone except maybe the top 4 or 5 clubs. I actually feel they would contribute to the league, but it would depend on how the vote was structured, it would have to be done very carefully.

It simply can't happen. The entire Football League would riot if Celtic were given a free pass into the EPL, and the press down here would join in. Not a chance in a million years.

kingantti1874

There are loads of reasons it won't happen, this is one - in addition the bigger clubs do not want increased competition and most importantly, English clubs do not want the EPL or their image tarnished by these 2 dirty, pathetic, sectarian institutions.

The minutes silence protest was taken badly down south even though our own media did there best to cover it up and the rangers fans rioting in Manchester didn't do them any favours..

It will never ever happen

The OF will never leave Scottish football.

They need to realise that and start working on what we have.

Scottish football has to be run for the benefit of everyone and not just the OF.

Remnants of Standards

I think they should leave absolutely. Just leave the game entirely. Pack up the paranoia and sectarianism and set sail into the sunset.

Oh, and walker is talking out of his erchie. Again

ToadKiller Dog

Its all about money getting into the Champions league group stage where the money is has become a lot harder for the Uglies they struggle in the qualifing stages , So the fight for 1st place has become harder ,crowds are dropping and they cant pay the big wages they would like ,they also know the boat to england has sailed for the near to medium future in a big way thanks to there own fans .

The old firm have created that monster themselves by using the sectarian blight as a marketing tool .

Basically the old firm purse is smaller than ever .

the Smellies feel that they are behind Rangers in the pecking order from the establishment the truth is they most likely are but they are way ahead than anybody else when it comes to SFA favour ,they clearly are aiming to bully the SFA ,SPL ect to there will .

Rangers are being far more clever .

Neil Lemon is not stable character and will harm them further in the long run as his paranoia gets deeper , i dont think he is anything other than his self but the celtic board know what they are up to .

The problem with this argument is that it is as true for the OF as it would be for Hearts or Aberdeen. If we were parachuted into the EPL, we would instantly become massively attractive for any billionaire looking to own a football team. Our current debts would be virtually irrelevant, we clearly have the potential to have much larger attendances and we too would receive 10s of millions in TV revenue etc. We could just as easily overtake everyone bar the top 4 or 5 clubs.

The other point is that there are teams like Newcastle or Leeds which arguably are as big as the OF and it doesn't guarantee them EPL status - in other words, teams (and their owners) can still get it horribly wrong. It is no longer a ridiculous notion to suggest that Liverpool might be relegated this season.

The truth is that the attraction of the EPL is all about the money. Without it, there would be no Tevez, Drogba, Nani, Malouda etc etc. You can turn the whole thing on its head - Wolves, Wigan and Blackpool; how do you think they would get on in the SPL if you took all their EPL money away? I'd be very surprised if they all finished in the top 6.

Who cares if the OF would enhance the EPL, just about any team with a large catchment area would do exactly the same.

It isn't going to happen.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

The problem with this argument is that it is as true for the OF as it would be for Hearts or Aberdeen. If we were parachuted into the EPL, we would instantly become massively attractive for any billionaire looking to own a football team. Our current debts would be virtually irrelevant, we clearly have the potential to have much larger attendances and we too would receive 10s of millions in TV revenue etc. We could just as easily overtake everyone bar the top 4 or 5 clubs.

The other point is that there are teams like Newcastle or Leeds which arguably are as big as the OF and it doesn't guarantee them EPL status - in other words, teams (and their owners) can still get it horribly wrong. It is no longer a ridiculous notion to suggest that Liverpool might be relegated this season.

The truth is that the attraction of the EPL is all about the money. Without it, there would be no Tevez, Drogba, Nani, Malouda etc etc. You can turn the whole thing on its head - Wolves, Wigan and Blackpool; how do you think they would get on in the SPL if you took all their EPL money away? I'd be very surprised if they all finished in the top 6.

Who cares if the OF would enhance the EPL, just about any team with a large catchment area would do exactly the same.

It isn't going to happen.

Good post, which blows out of the water the OF fans argument that "We'd pure be the biggest clubs in England if we had their cash."

You mention Newcastle and Leeds, you could also add Spurs, Aston Villa, Everton. When was the last time any of them got close to winning the league?

Actually my Old Firm League isn't a bad guess.

Maybe they want to create their own breakaway league with teams paid simply to provide opposition but not defeats.

This would appeal to the bean counters than run some clubs in Scotland because it world guarantee their income.

It would also leave the league to be decided only by the four Old Firm games played each season which is what they want to happen nowadays anyway.

If I was an OF fan I might think this is a good idea.

I wonder of this possibly true.

Way back in 1987 the first Only An Excuse broadcast went out on Radio Scotland. My signature is stolen from the show.

There is a great "interview" with David Hay, the then Celtic manager. He goes on and on and on and on about how he is sick and disgusted with referee decisions going against Celtic and how the club is hounded by the SFA. Sound familiar guys?? The best line is something like this.

Hay: "Celtic are so fed up with this we are going to pack it in and move somewhere else."

Interviewer: "Where would that be."

Hay: "I don't know, Turkey. yeah, Turkey, we will move to Turkey".

Any have a better recollection please share.

The best place for them to move to would be the Vatican State.

after the gfitw behaviour at english grounds (with their pro IRA chants) in the past few years they are not welcome by those clubs anymore, it was a time where english clubs liked playing friendlies again'st them as they brought a large support, but after their fans again'st man city and arsenal there is a major get stuffed form these clubs

Walker is an imbecile.To suggest that the hooped demons are looking for a way out of Scottish football by "falling out" with referees,Sfa etc,is laughable.

Don't waste your good time listening to this nonsense,just sit back and watch the hooped demons make a fool of themselves.:thumbsup:

Don't forget all the talk so far about them going to England, would have them starting in the Championship. That would provide more chance for mayhem as the travelling vermin section of their support would trash quaint little English towns.

I'd be delighted to see them leave the SPL......after a nuclear explosion during a Glasgow derby wipes out all players, fans, officials and damn near memory of the pair of them.:thumbsup:

portobellojambo1

Who cares, and who cares, let them feck off wherever they want to go and take their tinker following with them. If they think they will be missed they couldn't be more wrong.

Good post, which blows out of the water the OF fans argument that "We'd pure be the biggest clubs in England if we had their cash."

You mention Newcastle (1996 & 1997) and Leeds (1992 - where they won it), you could also add Spurs (1985), Aston Villa (1993), Everton (1987 - where they won it). When was the last time any of them got close to winning the league?

I stand corrected if otherwise but that's from the top of my head.

Who cares, and who cares, let them feck off wherever they want to go and take their tinker following with them. If they think they will be missed they couldn't be more wrong.

Tin hat on: If the shame firm moved to the EPL but kept their stadiums in Glasgow, Scottish football would be on a media coverage level as the Scottish first division is now. Weeegie media would love for the old firm to move to Engurland.. Opening up a new market for them....

We should all be against the old firm moving, unless they move their stadiums down to Enguland....

Tin hat on: If the shame firm moved to the EPL but kept their stadiums in Glasgow, Scottish football would be on a media coverage level as the Scottish first division is now. Weeegie media would love for the old firm to move to Engurland.. Opening up a new market for them....

We should all be against the old firm moving, unless they move their stadiums down to Enguland....

No need for the tin hat from me. There are lots of ifs and buts about those two leaving but I agree that the media would ignore the rest of us and move their attention down south.

Miller Jambo 60

Ah, but Dougal, what's your opinion of slavering cocks? :whistling:

Jist a jambo that loves seeing other teams falling flat on their faces

It would be an odd situation for sure.

It's possible they could flourish :yucky: , however it's equally possible they might struggle :woot:

What would their provincial fanbase do with Ibrox / parkhead being the only place to see their favourites in the flesh ( barring an away day down south to Blackburn and the likes? )

Anyway Walkers statement seems odd at this time, what with EPL / Championship places currently off the menu and the 'Atlantic' league a non-starter ?

Seymour M Hersh

Jist a jambo that loves seeing other teams falling flat on their faces

I'm with you 100% on that sir. Fek em all!! :thumbsup:

portobellojambo1

I attended something in the Gorgie Suite last night jumpship, arranged by the NoTW (part of News Group Newspapers Limited who have a sponsorship deal with HMFC) and amongst the panellists was Davie Provan, the ex-Kilmarnock and Celtic winger. One of the questions raised was what would happen to the SPL if the OF left. And surprisingly he, like the other panellists were all in agreement over the fact that if they did the SPL would become much more open, with potentially 6 to 8 teams being in a position to win it rather than 2 at present. He also indicated he felt, as I do, that attendances could as a result rocket in general. however, he then reverted to speaking as an employee of Sky, and indicated all that Sky are interested in is having 4 OF games per season to show, so TV revenue would drop. Although I said nothing at the time it is a situation which I find strange. Surely if you have a more open league, atttracting larger attendances you also have a product which people who chose not to attend games in person would also want to watch on TV. I've never understood the attraction of Rangers versus Celtic as the main match to be broadcast from Scotland by Sky. Why would any company really want to broadcast any live sporting event that portrays all that is wrong with our society, and probably gives non OF fans tuning in the totally wrong idea of life, or even football, in general in Scotland.

Rangers and Celtic are unwelcome in England, for non footballing reasons, yet a major company such as Sky sees them as the main draw in Scotland, it just seems wrong to me. Maybe it is time Sky realised that there is more to Scotland, more to Scottish football than Rangers and Celtic. As a side I think if both clubs went to England and had to start even in Division 1, they would struggle to reach EPL level and would never be more than bottom half teams if they did get there. The attraction of Rangers and Celtic to some players was exposure in European football nothing else. Those same players would then be able to play in the same league(s) Rangers and Celtic would join but could do so with clubs further South and with more chances of succeeding.

No need for the tin hat from me. There are lots of ifs and buts about those two leaving but I agree that the media would ignore the rest of us and move their attention down south.

The media already ignore the rest of us.

The OF should not be allowed to operate in Scotland if they are playing in a foreign league IMO

The media already ignore the rest of us.

The OF should not be allowed to operate in Scotland if they are playing in a foreign league IMO

If UEFA ever allow it then the big fish in England will jump into a more intense season long Champions League with Bayern, Barca, Real Madrid, Inter etc... leaving the OF to play their reserve teams and Wigan, Blackpool etc... Cue more moaning from the gruesome twosome! :ninja:

Why would Celtic have to stir up trouble before they leave? They'd surely just send a letter of resignation and that would be it done.

Never happen though, so no use hoping for it.

Archived