Callum Elliot

Charlie-Brown

MackaysCentreSpot

Frail quoted saying that he thinks Elliot and Mole are the future success of Hearts in years to come.

Says it all really does it not.

But that doesn?t even tell half the story sadly. He also does not create much for other players...Darren Jackson used to run around like a maddie but he scored goals and helped the team too. Elliot just lumbers around between shocking attempts to tackle and moaning at referees when he doesn?t get a decision.

I?m sorry to say this but you can actually SEE that his brain does not function quick enough! Sounds bonkers but you can see him dallying as he tries to decide what to do - which is why he?s garbage when one on one with a GK...

'*10 goals in 87 (51 starts and 36sub)competetive games for us and 'well confirm what you say.

I also do not think he is that good a player that we should be looking to shoehorn him into another position though.

*disclaimer.......if those stats are wrong blame the official website.'

What makes these stats even worse is that 6 of the goals were 'doubles',

so even if you ignore his subs appearances(36games we take out the equation) he has only managed to hit the net in 7 games out of 51 starts. (cant be bothered to make him look worse by checking if he had scored after coming on as a sub)

What makes these stats even worse is that 6 of the goals were 'doubles',

so even if you ignore his subs appearances(36games we take out the equation) he has only managed to hit the net in 7 games out of 51 starts. (cant be bothered to make him look worse by checking if he had scored after coming on as a sub)

Positively prolific.

Charlie-Brown

The whole point of this thread was that he isn't effective as a front striker as his goals tally shows - the question is can he still be an effective football player if played in a different position?

Frail quoted saying that he thinks Elliot and Mole are the future success of Hearts in years to come.

Says it all really does it not.

MCS what it syas is Frail should be punted from our great club. Frail NOT fit for purpose. :mad:

MackaysCentreSpot
The whole point of this thread was that he isn't effective as a front striker as his goals tally shows - the question is can he still be an effective football player if played in a different position?

IMO the answer is a resounding "NO"

And the answer has been an overwhelming no, unless you meant a different position as being right midfield at Morton or Centre half at Stirling Albion (imo of course).

If that position is sat in front of the main stand on a ball boy's stool, then MAYBE it could be a yes. Maybe.

Clum is the worst player I have seen in a Hearts Jersey since Jamie McCallister IMO.

Other players that have come close are Jamie Mole, Zaliukas, Ksasnevicus, Beniusis & Neil McCann (2nd time at Hearts McCann)

Guest S.U.S.S.

Its the fans fault not Clums! All those big bad people not singing his name as he misses his 3rd chance of the game or while watching people put the ball in the box from outside the box.

All us, nothing to do with him not being good enough.

winston churchill
Frail rates Clum. Says everything to me. Frail can GTF. Hes a waste of space and not fit to manage our great club. He should coach a sunday league team or the like. :mad:

dont worry,frail will be back putting the cones out and handing out the bibs come the pre season.

maroonedinoz
Clum is the worst player I have seen in a Hearts Jersey since Jamie McCallister IMO.

Other players that have come close are Jamie Mole, Zaliukas, Ksasnevicus, Beniusis & Neil McCann (2nd time at Hearts McCann)

Its a toss up for me whether our worst ever player was Clum or Graham Shaw from the 70's.

anyone remember him?

boy_in_maroon
Its a toss up for me whether our worst ever player was Clum or Graham Shaw from the 70's.

anyone remember him?

sorry but shuggie wins that one by the length of the park

callum idiot a'int gonna cut it any where on the park at this level

sorry!!!!

:P:p

hearts_crazy

Playing him as a lone Striker pretty much sums up Shaggy for me, utterly clueless. Everyone in the World knows he is the peshest striker in the history of Football, apart from Shaggy, who thinks he's a Diva. I don't get it.

The answer is no.

dont worry,frail will be back putting the cones out and handing out the bibs come the pre season.

Hopefully at some other club...........:mw_rolleyes:

Charlie-Brown
The answer is no.

Can you expand on that? Why do you think that he can't adjust his position & role in a team?

Nelly Terraces

Clum and Audrey. Oh deary me. No wonder we never looked like scoring on Saturday. time to say enoughs enough and ditch these imposters asap. 2 of the worst footballers I've had the displeasure to witness in my entire puff.

Why do you think that he can't adjust his position & role in a team?

The reason is fairly simple (just like him). He is garbage at football.

'*10 goals in 87 (51 starts and 36sub)competetive games for us and 'well confirm what you say.

so if he wants to beat robertsons goals record.. he'll have to play 1887.9 league games at this scoring rate... thats 49.68 seasons.. he's 20 now so he can maybe manage it before he's 70!! good stuff at least i'll be dead by then... or i bloody hope so

Charlie-Brown
The reason is fairly simple (just like him). He is garbage at football.

Paul Hartley was garbage at all the clubs he passed through when he played as a winger and even had a spell in the bottom dvisions with Morton however when he went to St Johnstone Billy Stark played him in attacking midfield instead and his subsequent career was transformed. Clum doesn't carry enough attacking threat to be a striker nor does he have the experience to play as a target man which is a difficult position to play well but he can run & pass & tackle etc. it's not as if he can't actually play football he just isn't a forward.

Paul Hartley was garbage at all the clubs he passed through when he played as a winger and even had a spell in the bottom dvisions with Morton however when he went to St Johnstone Billy Stark played him in attacking midfield instead and his subsequent career was transformed. Clum doesn't carry enough attacking threat to be a striker nor does he have the experience to play as a target man which is a difficult position to play well but he can run & pass & tackle etc. it's not as if he can't actually play football he just isn't a forward.

Whats with the peddling Clums a decent footballer stuff all the time. The guys gash and isn't fit to wear our famous clubs jersey. Sadly our clown of a manager doesn't realise this and were lumped with the waster. :mad:

it's not as if he can't actually play football he just isn't a forward.

I would disagree entirely. His performances are that of a level far lower than the (mediocre) SPL.

He's one paced and is positively dangerous in the tackle...He can pass a bit, but so can I!

He hasn't the speed of thought for SPL football, certainly not in a busy midfield. Take his goals against Dunfermline and ICT (or as I could say "all his goals this season"): they were instinctive finishes. He was too tired in extra time to go one on one with the Pars GK and so hit both early and scored. Both ICT goals were also hit immediately. When he tries to think he messes up, which is why he has never rounded a keeper successfully.

He's had his chance - He's had lots of chances...far more than any other flop I have ever seen.

Charlie-Brown
I would disagree entirely. His performances are that of a level far lower than the (mediocre) SPL.

His recent performances as a striker have been however when he had an experienced player like Jankauskas to learn from he showed his best form - since then he's either been played as main striker or with players who have done little better than he has - anyway it's obvious that he is a favourite of Frail's however that doesn't explain why experienced SFA coaches like Archie Knox, Malpas, Billy Stark have repeatedly picked & played him for Scotland U21's and prior to that Gemmil & Wilson picked & played him in their U17, U19 & U20 teams.

It's not like Robbie Neilson who got picked once for an international team when everybody else was injured......Clum's been picked repeatedly year on year and is still being selected.

He's not a goalscoring striker and never will be but he must be capable of playing at least SPL level or people wouldn't keep picking & playing him?

To be honest the first goal against ICT anyone would have scored, such was the quality of the lead up play by Nade - kinda reminded me of the time when Clum was showing some promise alongside another very clever player, Janny. The second, I believe, was a fluke. Miko was running in - I think Elliot was trying to cross it to him, but ended up lobbing it into the net. I think most of us critics really want to be wrong about Calum, but as you say he 's had far more chances to develop as a player than anyone else (including Mole, Jose,Pinilla.

He's one paced and is positively dangerous in the tackle...He can pass a bit, but so can I!

He hasn't the speed of thought for SPL football, certainly not in a busy midfield. Take his goals against Dunfermline and ICT (or as I could say "all his goals this season"): they were instinctive finishes. He was too tired in extra time to go one on one with the Pars GK and so hit both early and scored. Both ICT goals were also hit immediately. When he tries to think he messes up, which is why he has never rounded a keeper successfully.

He's had his chance - He's had lots of chances...far more than any other flop I have ever seen.

hearts_crazy
To be honest the first goal against ICT anyone would have scored, such was the quality of the lead up play by Nade - kinda reminded me of the time when Clum was showing some promise alongside another very clever player, Janny. The second, I believe, was a fluke. Miko was running in - I think Elliot was trying to cross it to him, but ended up lobbing it into the net. I think most of us critics really want to be wrong about Calum, but as you say he 's had far more chances to develop as a player than anyone else (including Mole, Jose,Pinilla.

To be honest the 2 goals he scored against ICT were the worst thing that could happen. Now Shaggy thinks he's a real Striker. Expect to see him as lone Striker again against Dundee Utd. Shaggy's persistence in playing Elliot and repeatedly telling us how hard he works as some sort of lame assed excuse for playing him is one of the main reasons he must not be given the job permanently

Why are we still debating about this diddy!

Clum's performance on Saturday just confirmed what everybody knows (apart from Frail) - He is hopeless.

No pace, no attempt to run into an open position, no attempt to jump for the ball (what the **** was all that about??), pushed off the ball easily.

And as for his 2 attempts at goal - one in the 1st half he should have played in Kingston who was wide open, and the other went out for a throw in!!!

He was so bad that even Frail had to call it a day and sub him - not for "booing" this time, simply because he was DIRE!

PLEASE NO MORE!!!!:mad:

Archived