Do the Players want top six?

Das Root

Simply put, do they?

My reasoning is such. There's nothing much to fight for if we get it, no chance on UEFA so we'd be scrapping it out for 5th max. And all that bother too. OF, Hibs, Motherwell, D.Utd. Only real benefits to the fans who get the bigger games to enjoy (in it's loosest possible sense of course).

Players though. Basic pay and bonuses. Bonuses for goals (erm...) and wins. Easier to get those against the bottom six teams with nothing much to play for you could argue and highly improbable against the OF title chasing and the other 3 fighting for UEFA.

Plus many must know they won't be here next season if (IF IF IF) a manager arrives or just don't want to be here anyway and don't care.

Of course they are pros but money talks for all players and those leaving will want to leave cash heavy and all it takes is a few to not try as hard to turn a "must win" into a dire 0-0 draw.

Charlie-Brown

I just think everything was very 'flat' today both on the pitch and in the stands - the game was devoid of any real atmosphere from the start and apart from a few brief flurries most notably just prior to half time there was very little to get excited about over the whole 90 minutes - I think the players & fans fed off each other today in an uninspiring way.

I just think everything was very 'flat' today both on the pitch and in the stands - the game was devoid of any real atmosphere from the start and apart from a few brief flurries most notably just prior to half time there was very little to get excited about over the whole 90 minutes - I think the players & fans fed off each other today in an uninspiring way.

Eh?

Fine but Frail said this was a "must-win" game. Either he is no use as manager or the players just don?t care...

Charlie-Brown
Fine but Frail said this was a "must-win" game. Either he is no use as manager or the players just don?t care...

Or they couldn't find the right form (collectively) and plays to break down a well organised Falkirk who probably came & got the point they were seeking.

Basically I just feel we played 'honking' - it happens.... no matter how "important" the game.

The fans weren't really up for the match and neither were the team capable of showing any decent play for more than a couple of brief flurries. It was all just flat & 0-0 was the right result.

Or they couldn't find the right form (collectively) and plays to break down a well organised Falkirk who probably came & got the point they were seeking.

Basically I just feel we played 'honking' - it happens.... no matter how "important" the game.

The fans weren't really up for the match and neither were the team capable of showing any decent play for more than a couple of brief flurries. It was all just flat & 0-0 was the right result.

You don't happen to write Frail's after match chats too do you? Worded in an exemplary fashion I must say.

If the players really wanted top six they would've went for it, all the way, flat out, 90mins, goal goal goal. Not just this game but last week too.

They didn't, and just because the fans weren't singing until hoarse doesn't change that fact I'd say.

So either they can't be arsed for whatever reason or they are spineless wimps.

Charlie-Brown
You don't happen to write Frail's after match chats too do you? Worded in an exemplary fashion I must say.

If the players really wanted top six they would've went for it, all the way, flat out, 90mins, goal goal goal. Not just this game but last week too.

They didn't, and just because the fans weren't singing until hoarse doesn't change that fact I'd say.

So either they can't be arsed for whatever reason or they are spineless wimps.

I do think they were trying but too often we hoofed it forward or charged upfield with no real thought or quality final ball - Kingston not unsurprisingly looked our most threatening & dangerous player but he never really got close enough to their goal to capitalise as his best work was getting us between the half way line & their box.... we had enough pressure just no quality in the final third.

I do think they were trying but too often we hoofed it forward or charged upfield with no real thought or quality final ball - Kingston not unsurprisingly looked our most threatening & dangerous player but he never really got close enough to their goal to capitalise as his best work was getting us between the half way line & their box.... we had enough pressure just no quality in the final third.

So essentially it's all Elliot's fault? Sounds about right.

Stewart was a passenger after 20 minutes. Ksanavicius I swear thought he was playing for Falkirk because he sure gave them enough possession...Elliot is a one-paced donkey who is totally unsuited to playing one-up, and in fact is probably unsuited to playing football as he does absolutely nothing well...Frail was responsible for the formation and if the players were failing to put his masterplan into operation he had the opportunity to change things with his substitutions but he chose not to...

The fans were not up for the game because the players gave us so little. We cheer when someone wins a corner, but we all know that we are hopeless from free kicks and corners so why do we bother? Similarly why do our players bother trying to win freekicks? we just squander them...It really got my goat to see Elliot and Ksanavicius moaning when not given freekicks. We should be playing for goals not free-bluidy-kicks. How long until someone tells our players that the referees do not favour us so just get on with it if they?re not given a decision...

MacDonald Jardine
Stewart was a passenger after 20 minutes. Ksanavicius I swear thought he was playing for Falkirk because he sure gave them enough possession...Elliot is a one-paced donkey who is totally unsuited to playing one-up, and in fact is probably unsuited to playing football as he does absolutely nothing well...Frail was responsible for the formation and if the players were failing to put his masterplan into operation he had the opportunity to change things with his substitutions but he chose not to...

The fans were not up for the game because the players gave us so little. We cheer when someone wins a corner, but we all know that we are hopeless from free kicks and corners so why do we bother? Similarly why do our players bother trying to win freekicks? we just squander them...It really got my goat to see Elliot and Ksanavicius moaning when not given freekicks. We should be playing for goals not free-bluidy-kicks. How long until someone tells our players that the referees do not favour us so just get on with it if they?re not given a decision...

I think the fans have done their best this year to try and encourage the players. It's difficult when you get nothing back.

I don't want top 6, never mind the players.

Really couldn't face the inevitable tankings from Hibs, the OF and Dundee United as we would finish with less points than 7th place.

Archived