Hibs Dilemma

baino

Three points for us on Saturday while our Derby Bitches work for us by taking points of Celtic, it's the natural order of things.

As long as we get the three points there isn't really a downside for us in the wee game. Any result for Hibs will have the shine taken off it for the deluded ones because it helps us.

Any team anytime against the gruesome twosome is always my shout even if it temporarily incumbuggerances us. the more other teams beat them the better it is for all others. Don't want hibs relegated either I don't hate them I quite like the points we get off them and better the 3600 they bring to Tynecastle than the 250 St Johnstone and others do

im disgusted

anyone that wants hibs to even remotely GAIN any points any time in their season aint a hearts fan, regardless if it benefits us in the slightest

we should ALWAYS want hibs to fail even if its a fan trying to catch a bus

juve

So Im no Hearts fan then?

Why should we ALWAYS want Hibs to get beat? Because someone somewhere has suggested that should be case because they happen to be our rivels? Even if a Hibs win is far more beneficial to us?

The pros far outweigh the cons for me here - Hibs to win!!

Oops - that makes me a non-fan I guess.

Ain't no way we'd cheer a Hibs Scottish cup win.

Hibs won 3-0 in the cup and the league in the same season so you're right, it was probably the league game.

As far as the OP is concerned: dilemma, what dilemma?

We want the OF to drop as many points as possible. Simple.

Anyway, I always want Hibs to win if they're against either of the OF (unless serious bragging rights are at stake, like it meant Hibs overtook us in the league or won a cup). Especially if it's Rangers because it baffles Celtic fans no end to discover that the "wee Huns" don't conform to their stereotypes.

Celtic to win or a draw. Weve got to be realistic and say we aint going to challange the glasgow teams the squad isn't up to it which is a shame as they two are going to drop further points. Hibs to drop some points keeping them a mile behind us :D

The Old Tolbooth

They did it in the cup too, but I think this was the same day we beat Motherwell 2-1 with "that" save by Craig Gordon in the last minute. Rangers lost again and we moved another 3 points in front of them.

You are correct.

The cup game against Rangers I remember wasn't on at the same time as our cup game as I remember watching it in the bookies!

Ain't no way we'd cheer a Hibs Scottish cup win.

God my memory ain't what it used to be :wacko:

I remember being in The Moat when Hibs won one of their matches against Rangers 3-0 at Ibrox, and being gutted they were winning, I can't remember if it was the cup game or another game though but it was an early kick off. (I think) :huh:

God my memory ain't what it used to be :wacko:

I remember being in The Moat when Hibs won one of their matches against Rangers 3-0 at Ibrox, and being gutted they were winning, I can't remember if it was the cup game or another game though but it was an early kick off. (I think) :huh:

All downhill at 40.

:thumbsup:

Priority is 3 points at Tannadice. FACT. But as the wee team are bottom six and playing one or OUR top six rivals, a draw or even a Hibs win is no bad thing this weekend. :thumbsup:

Priority is 3 points at Tannadice. FACT. But as the wee team are bottom six and playing one or OUR top six rivals, a draw or even a Hibs win is no bad thing this weekend. :thumbsup:

No! Not a draw. That means Celtic get a point; why would we want that? We want Celtic to lose. If they lose to Hibs, so be it.

One of the 3-0s was a cup game (wasn't it the QF?) and wasn't the other a league game and Spr**le got a hat-trick? Memory's a bit poor.

On Saturday - Hibs win please.

No! Not a draw. That means Celtic get a point; why would we want that? We want Celtic to lose. If they lose to Hibs, so be it.

A draw would also mean Smeltic drop 2 more points

As long as Hearts win, I don't give a shite what happens in other games. :thumbsup:

You've not quite got the hang of this league table thing that we play in most weeks.

A draw would also mean Smeltic drop 2 more points

A draw would be "pleasing" but if we are allowed to make a wish, we would have to wish for Celtic to get no points.

Guest vanbasten1874

A draw would be pleasing if we **** it up at Tannadice then the damage is minimal either way but if we win its 2 points gained either way its logicical really ..... i think :rolleyes:

A draw would be pleasing if we **** it up at Tannadice then the damage is minimal either way but if we win its 2 points gained either way its logicical really ..... i think :rolleyes:

Yes, I'd be pleased with a draw.

Would you prefer a draw or a Hibs win though?

Surely if we want to be "logical" we want our closest rivals (in the league right now, that is the OF) to get as few points as possible.

Guest vanbasten1874

Yes, I'd be pleased with a draw.

Would you prefer a draw or a Hibs win though?

Surely if we want to be "logical" we want our closest rivals (in the league right now, that is the OF) to get as few points as possible.

But if Hibs win and we lose that gives them 3 points back waaaaaay too much in my eyes nah its a draw for me and four broken legs 6 hamstrings and a knee ligament damage plus mass orderings off to boot :rolleyes:

But if Hibs win and we lose that gives them 3 points back waaaaaay too much in my eyes nah its a draw for me and four broken legs 6 hamstrings and a knee ligament damage plus mass orderings off to boot :rolleyes:

So finishing max number of points ahead of Hibs is a more exciting prospect than winning the league, or even of coming second?

Guest vanbasten1874

So finishing max number of points ahead of Hibs is a more exciting prospect than winning the league, or even of coming second?

I still think a draw is the best result considering we still have Celtic to play a week on wednesday not that i for one moment think we have a chance of winning this league tuesday night put paid to that we dont have the quality in depth of squad .

how in any kind of logic is 20 points and 6 places below us any kind of way too close/much? Any team over either cheek of the arse of Scottish football that is rantic anytime and I do mean ANY TEAM ANY TIME

Surely we can all agree that lots of broken legs, red cards, shocking refereeing decisions against Celtic, and a managerial fight to the death are what's required. In terms of the result, Celtic losing is good, but I also have my annual bet on Hibs being relegated, so there are advantages whatever happens.

Francis Albert

Surely we can all agree that lots of broken legs, red cards, shocking refereeing decisions against Celtic, and a managerial fight to the death are what's required. In terms of the result, Celtic losing is good, but I also have my annual bet on Hibs being relegated, so there are advantages whatever happens.

I am not sure we want either manager dead. They are both doing a great job.

Sorry to be a bit of a Jeremiah, but I think it's a big game for us at Dundee United. If we lose that, then they are right back in the mix for 3rd place (allowing for games in hand) and that is what they'll be thinking.

We're coming off a defeat and a narrow win in the derby, this'll be a tough game. They outplayed us at Tynie, especially second half.

At the same time, a few controversial decisions and Hibs drawing would be my preferred result. I think steam will actually start coming out of Lennon's ears soon.

Archived