Hibs Dilemma

baino

Firstly this would depend on Hearts picking themselves up and grinding out a result away to Utd. Not an easy task so just have to see how that goes.

However, Hibs play Celtic on saturday. Lose and Hamilton gain a point, probably no more as they've got Rangers away.

Draw or Win they do us a big favour, even if we get beat or take a point, still tight.

Im getting behind Hibs. They're not gonna touch us this season and i hate Celtic more.

You'll get the usual posters who cant see the wood for the trees and wont want Hibs to win ANY game.....blah...... blah...... blah

But lets be honest. Them winning on Saturday does us a MASSIVE favour and that has to be the result we are looking for.

NO DILEMMA IN THIS AT ALL FOR ME.

Trouble is.........THEY ARE SHITE.

Could wind Hibees up witht his thread.

They are rubbish at the moment but they are due a wee break. If they show some Yogi Hughes " fundamentally resolute" you never know.

Tyrion Lannister

Hibs to win in the eighth minute of injury time through an absolute howler of a refereeing decision with reasonably serious injuries to both.

It's a shame hibs are ***** though eh?

Guest juvehearts

im disgusted

anyone that wants hibs to even remotely GAIN any points any time in their season aint a hearts fan, regardless if it benefits us in the slightest

we should ALWAYS want hibs to fail even if its a fan trying to catch a bus

juve

im disgusted

anyone that wants hibs to even remotely GAIN any points any time in their season aint a hearts fan, regardless if it benefits us in the slightest

juve

See. Told yous

im disgusted

juve

Sorry mate, have to disagree, Hibs working for the greater Hearts good....works for me.

This thread is appalling.

Hibs to get utterly raped by Celtic and Ayr United.

Celtic will drop other points. We'll beat them!

:thumbsup:

im disgusted

juve

Hahahahahaha.

What a tube.

We are Hearts fans, not anti-Hibs fans.

What is best for Hearts is what we should all want, and a Hibs win is better for us in these circumstances.

FACT.

julienbrellier

See. Told yous

no.

as someone said above it's our league position that should ultimately concern us. while it's great seeing them lose, if it means that comes at a greater cost to us i would prefer that they won, as is the case with the celtic game (would be great to see the celtic vermin lose anyway tbh).

julienbrellier

im disgusted

juve

take this situation. hibs playing celtic on the last day of the season, a hibs win will see hearts secure the league title for the first time in decades. by your logic you would still support celtic...somehow i think not.

it's the same mentality in as much that instead of winning the league, a hibs win undoubtedly improves our chances of winning the league. you should be backing hibs (vermin) in this one mate.

I hope hibs get utterly ****ed beyond all recognition to the point where several hundred of their fans leap off the nearest bridge.

Maybe it's because I've got every faith in my club to do the business and not require the help of second rate vermin shite, mind.

No brainer. What Hearts require is for the OF to lose points, where they do this should not be a concern.

How about this for a scenario. Hearts finish above Celtic and Rangers by a point. That point is due to the OF dropping points against Hibs. Hibs are partially responsable for Hearts position in the league. How lovely.

Does anyone think Hibs want to lose on Saturday to make sure we don't finish higher that third???????

And - I believe it is an early kick off. Nice incentive for us if celtic lose to haul in the gap.

Ultimately we're looking out for Celtic and Rangers to drop points. Celtic facing Hibs doesn't change that.

Mon the three Hs this weekend!

Mac_fae_Gillie

Draw is best result,

hibs to be winning by 1-0 unitl 98 minute when celtic get penalty...sounds very familiar.

both drop 2 for little gain.

im disgusted

juve

Not just this game but most seasons I want Hibs to beat Celtic.. the only exceptions are when Hibs are around/above us in the league table..

H*bs may be our city rivals, but I abhor Sellick. The Tims dropping another 2 points would help the panic set in nicely.

Of course it goes without saying that should H*bs be incapable of getting a result (and all signs are that they won't) then they be well and truly humped to maintain the shoogliness of CC Bloomer's peg.

Drylaw Hearts

:thumbsup: Seem to remember hibs needing to beat celtic at darkhead to get us into europe a few years ago,must admit was happy wi them winning then.

Yep.

Last game of the season iirc.

I think we beat Falkirk at home the same day.

I remember in 2005-06 Hibs beat Rangers 3-0 at Ibrox and when the score was announced at Tynecastle, the vast majority of us cheered. A Hibs win on Saturday is a good result for us, just as a win for Hamilton would be a good result for us.

The Old Tolbooth

I don't believe for a minute that we'll win the league, but whilst we're still in the hunt then I want results to go in our favour, it's a no brainer!

A Hibs win on Saturday is the only result for me!

(If however we had been sitting in mid table and 20 points adrift, then I'd be wanting Celtic to win)

The Old Tolbooth

I remember in 2005-06 Hibs beat Rangers 3-0 at Ibrox and when the score was announced at Tynecastle, the vast majority of us cheered.

That was a Scottish Cup game iirc.

No brainer really, Hibs win, as long as we do the business as well. This wanting Hibs to lose at all opportunities like this one is very wee-teamish IMO. :whistling:

we have a bloody hard match ourselves which we will be toiling to win. i guess if we don't then the chances of us sustaining some sort of challenge at the top are becoming more and more remote. to that end it's a campaign for 3rd place and a hope that hibs lose every match.

for now i just wish to believe we can 'hang on in there' a while longer therefore it's a hibs win for me, and sheer delight if we can knock out a hard fought win.

please.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

The only thing that's good for me this weekend is 3 points for Hearts.

Not interested in any other teams.

mahgrassyshoes

Hibs winning would probably hurt them more than the pleasure i would take from Celtic winning. No question, Hibs win. Especially after last nights result this could put us in an excellent position.

At the end of the day, whatever happens, I?m sure we could crack a smile at the end of the game.

Hibs win ? helps us. Simple as that.

Draw ? again this probably isn?t the best result for either team. Celtic don?t really gain any ground and Hibs will still be 3rd bottom (or where ever they are at the moment).

Celtic win ? we can laugh at Hibs plunge into further oblivion.

The only thing that's good for me this weekend is 3 points for Hearts.

Not interested in any other teams.

you are quie right mupchops, for once.

i think we're at a crucial point in the season. there is the hammer blow of losing in the cup added to some key players missing (skacel and kyle wont make it for the weekend). we could be rather fragile for a while.

celtic and rangers dropping points means the sum total of bugger all if we go on a losing run. all that would happen is that we are caught up for 3rd.

Can we just win please! As far as im concerned hibs are gonna get absolutely pumped whether i want them to or not

That was a Scottish Cup game iirc.

They did it in the cup too, but I think this was the same day we beat Motherwell 2-1 with "that" save by Craig Gordon in the last minute. Rangers lost again and we moved another 3 points in front of them.

Much as I despise the Hibs vermin this really is a bit of a no brainer. Hibs win for me against both sides of the OF when we are so close to them, hopefully they'll lose every other game :)

At the end of the day, whatever happens, I?m sure we could crack a smile at the end of the game.

Hibs win ? helps us. Simple as that.

Draw ? again this probably isn?t the best result for either team. Celtic don?t really gain any ground and Hibs will still be 3rd bottom (or where ever they are at the moment).

Celtic win ? we can laugh at Hibs plunge into further oblivion.

This. :thumbsup:

im disgusted

juve

So if this was the last game of the season and Hearts would win the league if Celtic lost, you would still want Celtic to beat Hibs? How odd!!!!

They did it in the cup too, but I think this was the same day we beat Motherwell 2-1 with "that" save by Craig Gordon in the last minute. Rangers lost again and we moved another 3 points in front of them.

You are correct.

The cup game against Rangers I remember wasn't on at the same time as our cup game as I remember watching it in the bookies!

Archived