Darren Barr - Would be a good aquisition?

tazhearts

By all accounts Barr was outstanding today (MOM according to the radio). He would be a decent signing if we could get him in the summer? A Bar Berra combination at the back could grow to become the new Levein & MacPherson or Pressley & Webster pairing?

Charlie-Brown

The guy seems like a reasonably good prospect however he signed a new contract at Falkirk this season http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/falkirk/6994174.stm therefore Falkirk would not sell him cheaply if they would even sell him to us at all?

I doubt we could afford or would pay the kind of money they'd be looking for - anyway we should be promoting our own prospects at centre half and / or looking for decent bosman signings in we need more experience at the back.

By all accounts Barr was outstanding today (MOM according to the radio). He would be a decent signing if we could get him in the summer? A Bar Berra combination at the back could grow to become the new Levein & MacPherson or Pressley & Webster pairing?

Would he want to come? ....... probably not given the shambles that is currently going on.

The guy seems like a reasonably good prospect however he signed a new contract at Falkirk this season http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/falkirk/6994174.stm therefore Falkirk would not sell him cheaply if they would even sell him to us at all?

I doubt we could afford or would pay the kind of money they'd be looking for - anyway we should be promoting our own prospects at centre half and / or looking for decent bosman signings in we need more experience at the back.

Maybe you have some inside knowledge, but why could we not afford to? How much do you think they'd be looking for? Maybe we could invest a bit of the money that came in from the sale of Gordon, or Velicka, or Hartley, or Skacel.

There's no doubt that we need a centre half, Karapidis last week and Zaliukas this showed how desperately. We threw lots of money away when we signed Besliga, Makela et al, surely ?500K would secure the signing of a player we might actually get a chance to see and develop, for a centre half ?500K is a lot.

Never mind in a couple of years, once he's really built a reputation for himself, he can go to one the OF and never play again.

I probably shouldn't post when I feel this tired and bitter.

Charlie-Brown
Maybe you have some inside knowledge, but why could we not afford to? How much do you think they'd be looking for? Maybe we could invest a bit of the money that came in from the sale of Gordon, or Velicka, or Hartley, or Skacel.

There's no doubt that we need a centre half, Karapidis last week and Zaliukas this showed how desperately. We threw lots of money away when we signed Besliga, Makela et al, surely ?500K would secure the signing of a player we might actually get a chance to see and develop, for a centre half ?500K is a lot.

Never mind in a couple of years, once he's really built a reputation for himself, he can go to one the OF and never play again.

I just think he's probably one of Falkirk's most sellable asset's - he isn't that far behind Berra in his development & progress therefore they would rightly value him at not much less than we value Berra - I doubt you'd get much if any change out of ?1M for him and they'd probably prefer to sell him to England or the Old Firm, given the clubs financial plight I think most of the money from player sales will by necessity be needed to cover losses / debt therefore we will have to promote from within or look at bargain or bosman signings - I don't think there will be a huge pot for transfer fees.

If the financial figures are to be believed then we cant afford anyone.

P.S - Velicka was only on loan so Kaunas pocketed that cash!

As you are a man of religion I think you should pray for us.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I just think he's probably one of Falkirk's most sellable asset's - he isn't that far behind Berra in his development & progress therefore they would rightly value him at not much less than we value Berra - I doubt you'd get much if any change out of ?1M for him and they'd probably prefer to sell him to England or the Old Firm, given the clubs financial plight I think most of the money from player sales will by necessity be needed to cover losses / debt therefore we will have to promote from within or look at bargain or bosman signings - I don't think there will be a huge pot for transfer fees.

Is that just your opinion or is it a bit more than that?

Noticed you have been posting stuff like this more and more lately.

Charlie-Brown
Is that just your opinion or is it a bit more than that?

Noticed you have been posting stuff like this more and more lately.

It's just my opinion based on the observation that we seem to be trying to move on as many of the higher earning players as we can in recent transfer windows - I know we still signed Nade & Kingston but many more have departed than have arrived, I also think the club see's Kingston and Nade as players they can trade profitably in the same way Skacel & Bednar made money for the club.

Given the horrendous financial figures posted I don't see any way we can make any inroads into the debt or reduce losses other than by selling players and getting rid of those we can't really afford & even if the published figures turn out to be better than expected we will still have lost money and increased debts.

But my opinions are not based on any information but it's clear we have been downsizing financially and using lower cost players than those we had & signed in 2005-06 season.

It was inevitable that a CB would be MOTM in a 0-0. Barr was no stand-out IMHO. We were impotent rather than they defended particularly well...

Sorry to tell you ....but he was only on loan to Hearts and they got nowt for him , as he was a Kaunus player.

I'd rather we re-signed Ibby Tall on an extended contract than this bozo tbh.

Yep, but not on his current contract ! He is on supposly 10k a week ! WTF ! I think he has sat it out and will be off to france in the summer for a lot less cash but i will not be sad to see him go.

Archived