We only have a good eleven

Jemal Jambo

Last night proves that unless we play our first eleven. We won`t win games.(Wallace and Driver to be included once fully fit)

Missed the creativity of Skacel last night. I do think Mogaro Gomis at D.Utd would do a job for us.Out of contract in summer.

With Kyle out injured. Jefferies should be ringing Vlad for a replacement asap as Obua is not up to standard.

Everyone agree?

Francis Albert

Last night proves that unless we play our first eleven. We won`t win games.(Wallace and Driver to be included once fully fit)

Missed the creativity of Skacel last night. I do think Mogaro Gomis at D.Utd would do a job for us.Out of contract in summer.

With Kyle out injured. Jefferies should be ringing Vlad for a replacement asap as Obua is not up to standard.

Everyone agree?

No. We've a bigger squad than anyone but Celtic. We are about ?25m in debt.

We've got a reasonable squad - though we need to strengthen in certain areas - another striker, a good creative midfield player, a a centre back should be the priorities. A few needing to be weeded out from the squad as well though.

Everyone agree?

B0LL0KS. Aside from the 11 that have taken us on this brilliant run we have the likes of Driver, Wallace, Novi, Glen, Suso, Balogh, McDonald etc It's a strong enough squad.

We prob could do with clearing out the dead wood (Mole, Kucharski, Obua etc) and make a couple of signings in January to strengthen in certain areas to keep up the league challenge. But on the whole its a squad with good depth right now.

We_are_the_Hearts

The squad has a lot of depth in quantity but not quality. We were missing Wallace, Driver and Skacel last night, had Temps on the bench and Kyle went off injured. That is the bulk of our quality not on the pitch in my opinion. The rest are decent players with good players around them but can't do it on their own. JJ might be regretting putting Temps on the bench now. Him and Skacel give us something different and a moment of magic is all it takes to get things going.

We've got a good squad with good cover in most areas. Some areas we're better covered than others. The reliance on Kyle is an area we have to address, not necessarily through a signing.

Everyone agree?

+1 Suso

+2 decent enough goalkeepers.

We have a good squad, just no direct replacement for Kyle and Skacel.

The Old Tolbooth

The squad has a lot of depth in quantity but not quality. We were missing Wallace, Driver and Skacel last night, had Temps on the bench and Kyle went off injured. That is the bulk of our quality not on the pitch in my opinion. The rest are decent players with good players around them but can't do it on their own. JJ might be regretting putting Temps on the bench now. Him and Skacel give us something different and a moment of magic is all it takes to get things going.

Very mush agree with this.

I think things backfired on Jefferies last night as he was hoping he could put out a team with very little creativity to try and sneak through to the next round, I bet if he had the chance again he'd do it differently.

To be fair though, we do have a lot of dead wood in the squad and not nearly enough quality, so his hands are a wee bit tied for the cup matches if his mind is on trying to catch the Old Firm and resting/not taking chances on players in cup ties etc, it can't have been easy for him to make a decision like that last night, but personally I'd have played the strongest side available for every game and take each game as it comes.

Most teams get worse when you take out the best players. Also, leaving out Temps and Skacel at the same time was probably not a good idea, given that most of our creativity comes through them. I think we can cope without 1 of them but both is a bit much.

Very mush agree with this.

I think things backfired on Jefferies last night as he was hoping he could put out a team with very little creativity to try and sneak through to the next round, I bet if he had the chance again he'd do it differently.

To be fair though, we do have a lot of dead wood in the squad and not nearly enough quality, so his hands are a wee bit tied for the cup matches if his mind is on trying to catch the Old Firm and resting/not taking chances on players in cup ties etc, it can't have been easy for him to make a decision like that last night, but personally I'd have played the strongest side available for every game and take each game as it comes.

I would have played the strongest side as well, but really, where are we going to find a lot more quality (while not spending more money). After 1 defeat in 10 games, saying we don't have nearly enough quality seems a touch unrealistic to me.

B0LL0KS. Aside from the 11 that have taken us on this brilliant run we have the likes of Driver, Wallace, Novi, Glen, Suso, Balogh, McDonald etc It's a strong enough squad.

We prob could do with clearing out the dead wood (Mole, Kucharski, Obua etc) and make a couple of signings in January to strengthen in certain areas to keep up the league challenge. But on the whole its a squad with good depth right now.

We have an unbalanced squad.

As shown by the emboldened where you mention 3 wingers and 2 goalkeepers as part of our good squad.

Most teams get worse when you take out the best players. Also, leaving out Temps and Skacel at the same time was probably not a good idea, given that most of our creativity comes through them. I think we can cope without 1 of them but both is a bit much.

I agree on Templeton, though Rudi is injured. It somehow became gospel that Temps 'needed a rest' after 2 below par performances. One of which still saw him score a terrific goal and win us the penalty for the 2nd.

Archived