Rearranged game v Killie

The Treasurer

The Treasurer

This game is due to be played next Tuesday night.

Now both clubs are out the cup they have a free weekend in February.

I suppose it would be far too sensible for the SPL to rearrange it for then

it would make sense, however they need to make a decision sharpish - i want to book tickets for newcastle v arsenal on the 5th february. but i wouldnae miss a hearts game for it.

We_are_the_Hearts

it would make sense, however they need to make a decision sharpish - i want to book tickets for newcastle v arsenal on the 5th february. but i wouldnae miss a hearts game for it.

How do you get tickets for that?

There are precedents for changing to a Saturday and this should be the case here. It would net Killie more money from corporate hospitality and a far healthier crowd; it would help Hearts as we would bring double the number of fans than we would on a Tuesday night; it would favour all fans who have a glut of games in the poorest month of the year and not forgetting the most important reason: fans want to go to games at 3pm on a Saturday!

Would make sense but perhaps the SPL are concerned about further weather issues and are eager to get games out of the way asap. :unsure:

portobellojambo1

I might be wrong but aren't the hobos at ayr on the same night and the Huns at ibrox?

I don't know if the Ayr United versus Hibs game has now been switched to the same Tuesday as it is now to be shown by Sky. It was originally scheduled to be played next Wednesday, but certainly reports going about yesterday suggested it is now to be played on the Tuesday.

I might be wrong but aren't the hobos at ayr on the same night and the Huns at ibrox?

the huns game is off as stmidden have a cup replay at peterhead

Yeah hibs are playing Ayr the same night we play killmarnock. Would make sense to switch it to the sat mentioned in febuary.

Drylaw Hearts

I'm not sure they can rearrange the fixture again without there being a valid reason for the match being unplayable.

Nah.

We want to play them next week.

There is a very do-able scenario where we could be playing Rangers at Tynecastle in a couple of weeks to go top of the table.

Lets get back on track in the next two games because THAT Celtic team WILL drop a lot more points (check their next few fixtures out) and THAT Rangers team with a minimal squad is running into a fixture pile up

the huns game is off as stmidden have a cup replay at peterhead

I think they are playing ICT instead now, on the same night, at Ibrox.

We've just had 4 solid weeks of propaganda concerning financial armageddon .............and now we have the opportunity

to MAXIMIZE the revenue for a match and may not take it :blink:

In days gone by you would get the fire brigade to flood the pitch nowadays you just say you have burst pipes in the stands and the game is off. I expect some of this prior to next Tuesday.

Nelly Terraces

We've just had 4 solid weeks of propaganda concerning financial armageddon .............and now we have the opportunity

to MAXIMIZE the revenue for a match and may not take it :blink:

Its the same sort of thought process that saw our ground less than half full for a cup tie rather than packed to the rafters which it could've been given the correct pricing. Scottish football, from those who administrate it, to the owners of clubs, is run by totally clueless farcebowls.

I think they are playing ICT instead now, on the same night, at Ibrox.

yip, butcher is very unhappy at this fixture being rearranged so quickly, so i dont see a problem with the timing reguarding rearranging our game to a more suitable time.

yip, butcher is very unhappy at this fixture being rearranged so quickly, so i dont see a problem with the timing reguarding rearranging our game to a more suitable time.

I can see the desire to catch up on postponed fixtures as quickly as possible, but that Saturday is now EMPTY for both of us and it surely makes perfect sense that we be given the opportunity to maximize the potential earnings from it ?

Unless of course it's the TV companies that get 1st dibs?..................which would give us an other Firpark scenario with even less fans attending ( <3000 ? )

Archived