How else can one spend a saturday afternoon?

N User

Let's be honest, the football on a Saturday gets me out the bloody house and gives me something (mildly) interesting to talk about during the week.

So if I'm not renewing (which I like many are considering), then what do I do on a saturday?

Listen to Hearts world every week?

?3.99 a month and double the frustration. I enjoy Gary Mackay's pure Hearts bias and love of the ladies but think it would be too much every week without seeing the action (or lack thereof).

Shopping with the missus

Tesco/Asda/Morrisons/Sainsburys do not bear thinking about really. Even worse the crowds of Princes street/ Gyle or heaven forbid the Almondvale centre. Too much potential cash spent too, at least with a ST you know you've spent your ?400 and the rest can be spent on worthwhile things like beer, pies, bets and more beer.

Soccer Saturday

The most attractive prospect if I'm being honest. Jeff Stelling and Chris Kamara more than make up for the stream of pish coming from Charlie Nicholas. If Liverpool get beat, the look on Phil 'The Nose' Thompson's face is worth the sky subscription* alone.

*or Freeview purchase.

Recovering from Friday night

Instead of getting yourself up in a state, you could stay in bed and "enjoy" that morning hangover in the warmth of your bed (reccomended to purchase an electric blanket!) and get up at your own pleasure instead of in time to make the pub/match.

Disadvantages: you get up too late to watch the aforementioned Jeff, Kammy and Soccer Saturday.

any others?

Archived