United go for Gordon

alex plode

Wee team net reporting that we'd miss out on ?2m of the ?9m if he doesn't reach 100 games for Soonderland, is that right? I thought we'd had all the cash by now?

we've definitely had the first ?1m of that already & I think the second too.

Wee team net reporting that we'd miss out on ?2m of the ?9m if he doesn't reach 100 games for Soonderland, is that right? I thought we'd had all the cash by now?

Trust them to dig that out.

I'm pretty sure we've had the vast majority of the add-ons already.

As much as I hate Man Ure I hope this happens. CG is too good to be playing for a club like Sunderland.

Sunderland are a big club, look at the stadium and support etc. They have been underachievers in the past, but with Bruce in charge, potential top 6 material. I suspect SAF wants Riena as his first choice, but if he can't get him, then CG may be his next choice.

Anyway good luck to CG wherever he goes, my concern is to get our current no 1 Kello back fit again.

Sunderland are a big club, look at the stadium and support etc. They have been underachievers in the past, but with Bruce in charge, potential top 6 material. I suspect SAF wants Riena as his first choice, but if he can't get him, then CG may be his next choice.

Anyway good luck to CG wherever he goes, my concern is to get our current no 1 Kello back fit again.

I can't see Sunderland being top 6 anytime soon. CG should be playing in the Champions League every season.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Can see this happen...money and swap deal for welbeck maybe?

Surely now this will put it right up rangers! Gordon is scotlands no1 and a far superior keeper compared 2 that wee bawbag McGregor.

Too right. I've always said Gordon is one of the best. Terrific shot stopper and reliable in the air. :thumbsup:

He wasn't wanting to talk about Manchester United but towards the bottom of page two, it appears Sunderland have been dallying over offering a new deal (hence the speculation)

http://www.journallive.co.uk/safc/safc-news/2011/01/12/craig-gordon-not-hoping-to-be-the-hero-61634-27970887/

Too right. I've always said Gordon is one of the best. Terrific shot stopper and reliable in the air. :thumbsup:

One of the best around. Outstanding judgment at cross balls.

Plus his patience and discipline.

I thought the MacGregor incident in the OF game sums up the difference betwen the 2 in a nutshell.

Forster comes charging out of his box a and only just gets to the ball before the Gers striker (It was actually poor goalkeeping as he nearly got caught) - 30 secs later MacGregor says to himself - "I'll have a piece of that'. - OOps

If CG was watching the game he'd be saying to himself about Foster - 'Lucky git' and MacGregor - 'what a complete and utter stupid dyck.

rudi must stay

I see the daily mail is also reporting this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1346024/Craig-Gordon-lined-replace-Edwin-Van-der-Sar-Manchester-United-No-1.html

Some wallopers in the comments section...

would be great if it happened, not just for him but for our youth academy. But did they not just such a Danish keeper, and Kuszchak(sp) is playing quite well at the moment..

would be great if it happened, not just for him but for our youth academy. But did they not just such a Danish keeper, and Kuszchak(sp) is playing quite well at the moment..

Its been said that Lindegaard is not ready for the first team and Kuszczak is for the off (I think he himself said that).

rudi must stay

Its been said that Lindegaard is not ready for the first team and Kuszczak is for the off (I think he himself said that).

didn't know that mate, there could well be some truth in this rumour then.

The Old Tolbooth

Pepe Reina to the gunners for ?30m and the King buys CG to return to LFC roots with a Scottish goalie just like the flying pig?

I'd love that mate, although he'd get plenty practice in the current Liverpool squad! :ninja:

Archived