United go for Gordon

alex plode

Just seen the back page of tomorrows Express (English version) and it says that Man U are in for Craigie. Great move if true and some lolly for HMFC maybe?

Would love to see Craigie boy get a move like that.

Would be great to see a Hearts man play for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Rudolf's Mate

Would be feckin awesome and he'd get the chance to live up to the tag we've put on him for so long amd rightly so!

Magic Numbers

Truly hope this comes off for the big man, my wee lad would be overjoyed by this news too, CG is a hero of his & Man U are his "English" team! Let it be true...C'mon Alex, chequebook oot!

Drylaw Hearts

United just signed a Danish goalie for around ?4million.

I hope this story is true though - it would be great to see CG play for a top top club.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Don't think there's any sell on fee. Would have meant a much lower initial fee and less in instalments. We did very well out of that deal in any case.

that would really get it up the weegie press and the Allan Mcgregor lovers. Obviously SAF can spot the difference between a mature player who acts professionally at all times and a drunken ersewipe

Surprised to read that Craig is 28 now, I was convinced he was still about 25.

You were convinced he stopped ageing? :blink:

Drylaw Hearts

Surprised to read that Craig is 28 now, I was convinced he was still about 25.

4 or 5 years at Man Utd and then back home to finish his career.

Wouldn't that be nice.

Could be a lot longer than that though if he was ever to return.

Edwin is playing at 40 for Utd still, Craig seems to live a fairly clean life so he could play on till his late 30's too i'm sure.

You were convinced he stopped ageing? :blink:

Yep. But now I think about it of course he is that age, time goes by fater as you get older. 2006 final seems like only a couple of years ago to me.

Rudolf's Mate

I hope this story is true though - it would be great to see CG play for a top top club.

Totally forgot about that and casts doubt on the story for me.

I'm sorry but i dont know why its taken that long , he is way better than any other keeper apart from czech and van der sar.

If i were a top team manager i would havem him in my team

Obviously im not

I wouldn't read too much into that to be honest. I think Ferguson will offload Kuszczak this summer, or Kuszczak himself will ask to leave to get guaranteed first team football. If Fergie saw Kuszczak as Van der Sar's replacement I can't help but feel he'd have played more games than he has.

The Dannish goalie is probably the next Kuszczak if you like, a reliable deputy initially who will get experience gradually, so I don't think a move for Craig is out of the question in summer.

Fingers crossed.

kennyblack'sshot

Why would him joining United confirm his place as a Hearts legend?

Probably because it's nice to see players who started their careers at Hearts go on to greater things at the highest level. Dave Mackay and Alex Young enhanced their legend status through their post-Hearts careers.

I wouldn't read too much into that to be honest.

Indeed. Worth remembering Ferguson also allegedly spent about 8 million pounds on Bebe...

Would love to see Craig Gordon get a move to a bigger club, be that Man U or whoever as he deserves it IMO.

That triple save against Sparta at Murrayfield is just jaw dropping but he could (if needed) do that week in and week out.

Truely brilliant keeper and would have him in goal for Scotland ahead of McSexpest every time.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I wouldn't read too much into that to be honest. I think Ferguson will offload Kuszczak this summer, or Kuszczak himself will ask to leave to get guaranteed first team football. If Fergie saw Kuszczak as Van der Sar's replacement I can't help but feel he'd have played more games than he has.

The Dannish goalie is probably the next Kuszczak if you like, a reliable deputy initially who will get experience gradually, so I don't think a move for Craig is out of the question in summer.

Fingers crossed.

Kusczak has already indicated he's leaving. There is an opportunity at United opening but whether CG is Fergie's desired target remains to be seen. Would love it to be true though! :)

Surely now this will put it right up rangers! Gordon is scotlands no1 and a far superior keeper compared 2 that wee bawbag McGregor.

Surely now this will put it right up rangers! Gordon is scotlands no1 and a far superior keeper compared 2 that wee bawbag McGregor.

One hundred times this. There's no doubting mcshaggers ability but he's a horrible little cant. CG is vastly superior in every way

The Real Maroonblood

Probably because it's nice to see players who started their careers at Hearts go on to greater things at the highest level. Dave Mackay and Alex Young enhanced their legend status through their post-Hearts careers.

That's rubbish.

The Old Tolbooth

It would be a terrific move for Gordon, although it would break my heart :D

Loving the top ten saves compilation too, although his two best saves are not on it, the one recently in the league for Sunderland, and the one for Hearts against Motherwell, would be nice to see them included and then shown to McGregor to show him what a real world class keeper is like :thumbsup:

Would certainly be a great move for him, and would mean he'd be playing in the Champions League every season flaunting his brilliant goalkeeping ability for the world to see. I'm not the greatest Man U fan but I'd certainly be hoping that Craig was winning every honour possible if he moved there. Could easily become Hearts greatest ever export.

I seem to remember the Record coming out with the story that McGregor was going to Man United as well about a month ago, hasn't that went awful quiet :whistling:

B-b-b-b-but Allan McGregor was going to Man Utd? The daily ranger and the currant bun said so!!

Yep. But now I think about it of course he is that age, time goes by fater as you get older. 2006 final seems like only a couple of years ago to me.

Tell me about it!!!

I hope this goes through, although I can't understand why Ferguson isn't going for his namesake, Scotland's Number One!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to remind some folk who are getting ahead of themselves. This is a newspaper link with no quotes attributed to Manchester United employees or Sunderland employees.

I think that Craig is a fabulous goalie.

But I would think that United would want someone a bit better with the ball at their feet. Van Der Sar is like a sweeper, Craig is okay with the ball but can't play like that.

aberhill jambo

I'd like to see him move somewhere else.

Why and where Playing at Man U would get C.G. the credit rightly deserves.

Would love to see this happen. Would be thoroughly deserved.

Would finally put to bed the disgusting notion that McGregor is anywhere near as good a keeper as Craig.

Craig will always be the better keeper and man.

Seymour M Hersh

It would be a terrific move for Gordon, although it would break my heart :D

Loving the top ten saves compilation too, although his two best saves are not on it, the one recently in the league for Sunderland, and the one for Hearts against Motherwell, would be nice to see them included and then shown to McGregor to show him what a real world class keeper is like :thumbsup:

Pepe Reina to the gunners for ?30m and the King buys CG to return to LFC roots with a Scottish goalie just like the flying pig?

Makes sense. VanDerSaar will retire, Kutschak will leave & that leaves a space for a top keeper, the Dane for backup & Amos who's very highly rated youngster

Just to remind some folk who are getting ahead of themselves. This is a newspaper link with no quotes attributed to Manchester United employees or Sunderland employees.

Glad I wasn't the only one to spot that :thumbsup:

Pepe Reina to the gunners for ?30m and the King buys CG to return to LFC roots with a Scottish goalie just like the flying pig?

Arsenal to buy anyone for 30 milion is a laugh ! but i could see Reina moving there, not sure how long his contract is left.

2 reasons why gordon has not already moved to a top 4 team, one is the price tag, Sunderland played 9 million for him and would want every penny back, none of the cubs seem to be willing to splash big cash on keepers. Look at arsenal, its a problem postion for us for years, but we go out bargin shopper for a keeper every time. Even man u are the same.

2nd reason is he has being quite unucky with injuries, every time he comes back and is playing well something goes wrong.

Arthur Morgan

I would be delighted if CG went to Man Utd as it would be good to see an ex HMFC player go on to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Seymour M Hersh

Arsenal to buy anyone for 30 milion is a laugh ! but i could see Reina moving there, not sure how long his contract is left.

2 reasons why gordon has not already moved to a top 4 team, one is the price tag, Sunderland played 9 million for him and would want every penny back, none of the cubs seem to be willing to splash big cash on keepers. Look at arsenal, its a problem postion for us for years, but we go out bargin shopper for a keeper every time. Even man u are the same.

2nd reason is he has being quite unucky with injuries, every time he comes back and is playing well something goes wrong.

I was only trying to cheer JM up after Sunday. Pepe just signed a 5 year deal last summer but no idea who "get out" clauses are in it.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

B-b-b-b-but Allan McGregor was going to Man Utd? The daily ranger and the currant bun said so!!

He was, tbf.

I think that Craig is a fabulous goalie.

But I would think that United would want someone a bit better with the ball at their feet. Van Der Sar is like a sweeper, Craig is okay with the ball but can't play like that.

Jim Leighton?

itsnomarooned

Check out the headline - if I was CG I'd be a bit wary of picking up the soap with old red nose about! :whistling:

Infantile humour aside, there was reported interest from Man U and Arsenal before his move and I always thought that they were keeping their powder dry at the time and adopting a watching brief to determine how he coped. Presumably Man U think he's coped very well ........... obviously assuming any of this is accurate.

Rumours are Sir Alex will start building another side in the summer.

CG would be a fantasti signing.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Stop it... That made me happy reading that... i'm not used to seeing such nice things. :ermm:

Archived