Kenny Miller and the Ibrox 12000 (merged)

RoussetsShorts

RoussetsShorts

Just on Sportsound -

1) Alex mcleish saying Miller is switherin on a Birmingham move because he's had a great offer from Italy (what for, being a pizza chef?)

2) The Broomloan stand at Ibrox is shut tonight. (Puts our decision to shut the wheatfield into perspective)

3) The expected crowd is 12000

4) Killie refused Rangers reduced pricing plan.

A sad sad evening for the Scottish Cup.

7D630A5C-FFC8-7E1D-A17C8AC0FF892390.jpgistockphoto_6734036-pizza-chef.jpg

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Rangers apparently wanted to drop the price but Killie would not let them. Similar to the St Johnstone v Hearts situation.

both sets of old firm fans are often reluctant to pay extra money to attend cup games now. it's seen as them subsidising other teams due to the gate being shared. it shouldn't come as any surprise of course because their clubs also have the attitude that the game exists for them to take as much out as possible without putting anything back in.

Not surprising really. People dont have money to waste on dull midweek football in the rain. Its expensive enough following your team in the league.

Rangers wanted to charge ?13 & ?3 but Kilmarnock said no we want ?20 & ?6.

It's just past Christmas, it's a Monday night, it's on the tele. Yes Kilmarnock well done..idiots.

Remnants of Standards

Its on tv, weather terrible, and they don't have it on their season books. Add to that, the fact cup competitions all over europe have been devalued for one reason or another, then it's no surprise to see crowds like these.

Pretty sure that means Killie will make even less money than if it was a lower price with larger attendance

kingantti1874

His fake tan face actually resembles a s**t pizza.

Not that im a fan of kenny miller but he has a skin disease

. monday night

. on council telly

. not a particually attractive game anyway

All of the above.

Why is the bbc game on a monday night?? Should have put it on saturday at 5 or something. Strange kick off time.

Did not know that, doesnt the abuse of fake tan make it all the more apparent then?

ToadKiller Dog

Like the one Michael Jackson had , so that leads me to ask has Ratboy ever slept in Kennys Bed ? .

Drylaw Hearts

Fiorentina are wanting Miller to join them before the end of the month.

I really hope it's a last minute job and they don't get the chance to replace him.

:)

marshallschunkychicken

Just had a look on followfollow and the chat there is that he's going to be on ?40k per week, and that the fee that Fiorentina have offered Rangers is ?300k.

:laugh:

He's not even on the bench for tonights game so it will be interesting to see how they get on against a Killie side on a roll without him.

The Old Tolbooth

I really hope it's a last minute job and they don't get the chance to replace him.

:)

You have to laugh really mate, years ago they would have dug their heels in and not let him go until the end of the season instead of looking for small change for him, or they would have offered him silly money to stay, how times have changed :D

The down side is that it means Jelavic will be pushed up front to take over the main goal scoring mantle, and I think he's a decent player, need to get Blackie back on the case ;)

Big_Hearts_Runner

Sad fact is their lowest attendance in 25 years is still higher than any other club in Scotland's attendance on a given Saturday (except ourselves & Celtic).

Is another symptom of the decline of Scottish football and I don't think a 10 team league will stop this, most Rangers fans probably thinking oh Kilmarnock AGAIN, will play then five times this year.

the slimy tosspot keith jackson was writing in his rag today that rangers "wouldn't want to stand in his way".

aye okay keith, rangers are falling over themselves to make sure everything's right for kenny.

i wonder if lloyds are keeping rangers up to date with this transfer.

GIRUY.

You have to laugh really mate, years ago they would have dug their heels in and not let him go until the end of the season instead of looking for small change for him, or they would have offered him silly money to stay, how times have changed :D

The down side is that it means Jelavic will be pushed up front to take over the main goal scoring mantle, and I think he's a decent player, need to get Blackie back on the case ;)

Also at a ball park figure of his alleged ?20k p/w wage x 4 weeks x 5 months ( Jan - May ) ..........a saving of ?400K as far as LBoS are concerned so they may push it through :thumbsup:

Drylaw Hearts

Times have indeed changed.

It's a very pleasing turn of events.

the slimy tosspot keith jackson was writing in his rag today that rangers "wouldn't want to stand in his way".

aye okay keith, rangers are falling over themselves to make sure everything's right for kenny.

i wonder if lloyds are keeping rangers up to date with this transfer.

GIRUY.

Funny.

SDM is working overtime to ensure all his little puppets are telling it exactly how it isn't.

Times have indeed changed.

It's a very pleasing turn of events.

Funny.

SDM is working overtime to ensure all his little puppets are telling it exactly how it isn't.

don't think SDM would have to work on jackson for him to bang the hun drum.

'fans with laptops' we hear them cry from time to time... like it's some kind of journalistic virtue.

Thunderstruck

Check the Vid from the 80's Thread. The game in 84 or 85 when Park scored in a 1-1. Lots of unoccupied blue seats in evidence.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Just had a look on followfollow and the chat there is that he's going to be on ?40k per week, and that the fee that Fiorentina have offered Rangers is ?300k.

:laugh:

From the Herald today. Would love it if he left them for ?300K! :lol:

CavySlaveJambo

He's not even on the bench for tonights game so it will be interesting to see how they get on against a Killie side on a roll without him.

Shame, why anyone would pay rather than a precontract who knows?

Which gets worse when exposed to sunlight...doesn't it?

Italy maybe not the brightest move then.

The expected crowd is 12000

2040: Official attendance at Ibrox tonight - 13,215. Very low. Lowest for how long at Ibrox, I wonder...

Drylaw Hearts

2040: Official attendance at Ibrox tonight - 13,215. Very low. Lowest for how long at Ibrox, I wonder...

Pre-Souness I suspect.

HAHAHA lolz, imagine only getting an attendance of 13,000. Oh how i laugh at them.

Miller can fire Rangers to the league trophy. Another ?10m for CL footie - so why sell him now for ?300k or even ?700k?

Unless they are confident they have someone waiting in the wings - Boyd, Goodwillie ?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Miller can fire Rangers to the league trophy. Another ?10m for CL footie - so why sell him now for ?300k or even ?700k?

Because the bank are saying 'yo Gers, ever heard of debt repayments?"

What size of crowd do we expect at tynecastle tomorrow night? I'd expect around 4000.

About 6-7K IMO. Unless anyone knows otherwise?

No they are not.

Trust me they are not forcing the sale of Kenny Miller.

Yes he is leaving but I would have thought at the end of the season.

It's a very common mis conception that Rangers aren't paying the debt back.

?19m of the ?24m current Rangers debt is on a long term repayment plan. It's like a mortgage and Rangers pay interest every month on it. The repayments are about ?1m per year which Rangers meet comfortably. The rest of the debt is short term stuff like money still owed for transfers.

The main reason Lloyds are pressing Rangers for money is that it's about the only profitable part of Murray's empire which owes LBG something like ?750m in total.

?24m is very small debt for a club with 40,000 ST holders and a turnover of ?60m.

It's a very common mis conception that Rangers aren't paying the debt back.

?19m of the ?24m current Rangers debt is on a long term repayment plan. It's like a mortgage and Rangers pay interest every month on it. The repayments are about ?1m per year which Rangers meet comfortably. The rest of the debt is short term stuff like money still owed for transfers.

The main reason Lloyds are pressing Rangers for money is that it's about the only profitable part of Murray's empire which owes LBG something like ?750m in total.

?24m is very small debt for a club with 40,000 ST holders and a turnover of ?60m.

So why does the club allegedly have LBoS staff manning the till?

top up his tan then :thumbsup: no chance off doing that in this s--t hole snow covered country :down::woot:

I was holding off to see what the weather was like (ie if the game was on) and I suspect I'm not the only one, so this will bump up a bit.

West Ham -- Birmingham is tempting on BBC2 but am afraid I'll have to go to Tynie, to catch another glimpse of the best team we've been putting out in years

As at Friday under 5,000 tickets sold.

As at Friday under 5,000 tickets sold.

I'll expect by the time kick off comes we will have sold 6,000.

Why is the crowd so poor? :unsure: We're against an SPL team. We're playing well. So what if the Wheatfield is closed, there are still about 11,000 tickets to sell.

I guess we're not the only club. Poor attendances across the board. Even down south.

So why does the club allegedly have LBoS staff manning the till?

The tax man's on their case, allegedly. Not sure if this is the exact reason that the bank are in charge but I'd imagine it would have some sort of bearing on it.

Gabriel Batistuta, Angelo Di Livio, Roberto Baggio, Socrates, Dunga, Rui Costa, Luca Toni...

...aye, Kenny Miller will fit right in :ermm:

Archived