Hearts v Meadowbank

Miller Jambo 60

Miller Jambo 60

Would love to know what year that was when Gary Mackay broke the Meadowbanks players leg in front of the tunnel.

It was a pure accident which left Gaz in tears.

Felt for Gary that night, nightmare, as Gary was never a dirty player.

Dougstar.

Did we win 2-1 ?

Captain Lithuania

Probably before my time. I've broken folks legs at rugby, at first it's not that bad. But the last few times have felt really guilty. Horrible feeling, especially when you don't mean it and it's a good tackle!

Matthew Le Tissier
Probably before my time. I've broken folks legs at rugby, at first it's not that bad. But the last few times have felt really guilty. Horrible feeling, especially when you don't mean it and it's a good tackle! [/quot thats cos murrayfield wanderers are dirty bassa =p

Johanes de Silentio

I mind we beat Meadowbank 5-0 at Tynecastle around '83 in the ESS final with McKay in the team - don't know if that's the game you mean, Doug? Midweek mid-season game?

Johanes de Silentio

I mind there was a cracking picture o' the lads wi' the Shield in the programme for the next home game! Or mibbe it was in the News? Cannae mind!

Miller Jambo 60

I mind there was a cracking picture o' the lads wi' the Shield in the programme for the next home game! Or mibbe it was in the News? Cannae mind!

Is that when the news loved Heartslaugh.gif

Hearts Heritage

Are you not thinking of the one from the 8-0 victory?

I was trying to find it.

Johanes de Silentio

Are you not thinking of the one from the 8-0 victory?

I was trying to find it.

I'm sure it was the 5-0 game, because I remember Henry and Pat Byrne being in the pic.

I remember one day Meadowbank were beating us 2-0 and people were trying to climb OUT over the wall at the shed... Polis dragged them back :lol:

lost in leith

I remember one day Meadowbank were beating us 2-0 and people were trying to climb OUT over the wall at the shed... Polis dragged them back :lol:

As ever Hibs were ahead of us and managed to lose to Meadowbank in a proper competition (the League Cup in 84). A nice precursor to Livi's win in the final 20 years later. Edinburgh City n?w play at Meadowbank Stadium - again Hibs were pioneers and managed to lose to City in the Scottish Cup in 1938. It's tough living in their shadow :P

I remember going to a hearts meadowbank game years ago. It was a midweek game. It was at firpark I think. Seem to remember sandy clark getting cattled.

Can't even remember the score or the year. This ring any bells with you guys.

lost in leith

I remember going to a hearts meadowbank game years ago. It was a midweek game. It was at firpark I think. Seem to remember sandy clark getting cattled.

Can't even remember the score or the year. This ring any bells with you guys.

League Cup tie played at Brockville. Meadowbank was 'unsafe' for a Meadowbank v Hearts game because there were no fences (even though there were no fences at Old Firm games). Meadowbank also ended up playing a home game against the Cabbage in the League Cup at Starks Park for the same reason.

Hearts Heritage

... again Hibs were pioneers and managed to lose to City in the Scottish Cup in 1938.

That day also coincided with Hearts worst ever Scottish Cup defeat (in terms of league positions) Hearts who would finish 2nd in the league losing 3-1 to Dundee United who finished second bottom of division 2. Edinburgh City finished above Dundee United that season.

League Cup tie played at Brockville. Meadowbank was 'unsafe' for a Meadowbank v Hearts game because there were no fences (even though there were no fences at Old Firm games). Meadowbank also ended up playing a home game against the Cabbage in the League Cup at Starks Park for the same reason.

Thats the one. I could've sworn it was at firpark as well.

Archived