7 games in 23 days

h-e-a-r-t-s

Could really do with the likes of Driver, Suso, Wallace back very soon and match sharp. Any word on Suso?

If we come out of this next 7 games with at least 18 points, we'll win the league imo.

The Old Tolbooth

Other teams in the past have had to cope with such a hectic schedule, we're just going to have to get on with it and get stuck in, because after the 23 days are by then the games slow down significantly and we'll get a chance to regroup and collect our breath, we'll also know then whether our title credentials are realistic or not, but I really don't see anything to fear to be honest.

IMHO , if they can't handle 7*90 minute periods of extreme cardio-vascular exercise in 23 days, they wouldn't last 20 minutes labouring with me.

i mean , the average labourer on my site would cram 7 * 90 minutes of extreme exercise into 1 day with no problem.

scott herbertson

IMHO , if they can't handle 7*90 minute periods of extreme cardio-vascular exercise in 23 days, they wouldn't last 20 minutes labouring with me.

i mean , the average labourer on my site would cram 7 * 90 minutes of extreme exercise into 1 day with no problem.

Does standing around drinking tea and eating bacon butties and shouting "get your tits out for the lads" count as extreme exercise?

Does standing around drinking tea and eating bacon butties and shouting "get your tits out for the lads" count as extreme exercise?

I'm shattered just contemplating it.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

What has actually happened to Suso? When is he back? He was on form before he got injured and it's a shame for him. I'd love to see him back.

You get your employees to do 9 hours of work of comparable physical difficulty to playing football at a professional level every day? :blink:

Sir Jim of Gorgie will keep things going along nicely.

Still, I'm awaiting the next JKB meltdtown with anticipation.

Excellent work a again Jean-Luc.

Johanes de Silentio

The playing budgets afforded to/by The Dirties SHOULD allow them to cope better...

but we'll do fine!

Theoretically, the return of Wallace (especially) and Driver should help us enormously.

One or two shrewd signings would be great, but a fully-fit Stephen Elliot, for one, could be key.

We've been on a great run - would be great if we could build on that...

but it's gonnae be hard - it was aye gonnae be hard, though!

'mon!

Am I right in saying that we're also playing The Uglies three times in 11 days ?

22/1 Rangers home

29/1 Celtic away

2/2 Rangers away

If this is right them this is the true Championship test.

'mon the Tarts !

Radioactive Mince

It's certainly gonna be exciting. Tbh, I'm just delighted we're in the mix. 12-14 pts from these games would be an excellent return but, as eck suggests, anywhere approaching high teens points-wise will keep us in the title hunt.

Bring it on.

Could really do with the likes of Driver, Suso, Wallace back very soon and match sharp. Any word on Suso?

Quite sure I saw him pushing a pram up Castle Street last week. Not sure if that constitutes training but he wasn't limping :thumbsup: .

Am I right in saying that we're also playing The Uglies three times in 11 days ?

22/1 Rangers home

29/1 Celtic away

2/2 Rangers away

'mon the Tarts !

These are good odds against the old firm, LOL :whistling:

Tue 11: H v St. Johnstone (cup)

Sat 15: A v Dundee United

Tue 18: A v Kilmarnock

Sat 22: H v Rangers

Wed 26: A v Celtic

Sat 29: H v St. Johnstone

Wed 2 : A v Rangers

Sat 5 : Scottish Cup 5th round (if we get through...)

Massive set of fixtures.

If we come out of this next 7 games with at least 18 points, we'll win the league imo.

And i want us to go through in the cup..

John Gentleman

What has actually happened to Suso? When is he back? He was on form before he got injured and it's a shame for him. I'd love to see him back.

Meniscus tissue tear in one his knees. Has to be removed by keyhole surgery as these tears can't be repaired. Commonest injury incurred by football players the world over.

For a young, fit player I would guess 6/8 weeks for a full return to fitness. They can continue to play while the torn tissue is still there, but it's a pain in the erse (knee) as the torn tissue (no matter how small), flapping around, causes nerve pain in the adjacent areas.

Charlie-Brown

Most clubs have a bit of a fixture pile up - put it this way Hearts are not at any disadvantage in terms of depth of quality and number of players available compared to anybody in the SPL other than perhaps Celtic who have accumulated umpteen players over the last 18 months & managerial changes, Rangers in contrast seem to have a very threadbare squad when any of their 14/15 key players drop out.

we have no choice but to get on with it.

JJ has a choice as to whether or not he bleats about it at every given opportunity like walter smith invariably does.

anything above 10 points from those league games as well as progression to the last 8 of the cup would be a monumental achievement for a group of players who have already given everything.

it's entirely possible that we'll see a very meagre number of points and no place in the last 8 of the cup. if that happens then it happens, we'll have to accept a campaign aiming for 3rd place.

Lets go for the jugular. As pointed out on another thread, we have to match the Old Firm mentality game to game, we need to keep levels up in our performances to a man.

The squad depth may be tested but i think we have a decent enough squad talent wise to cope. Rangers look ordinary when they get 2 or 3 injuries to key players but they`ll still fight through it.

Celtic are a mish mash of players who flatter to deceive at times and hold no fear for me but like the Huns, will always believe.

We have to match that.

Massive set of fixtures.

If we get through to the 5th round we could get one of the Old Firm, assuming they are both still in after tonight, and that would mean playing them 4 times in 15 days. It's Hearts so you kinda know it's gonna happen.

As others have said, double figures would be a great achievement - it'd mean either beating "the rest" and taking something from one of the OF games, or winning at least one OF game and doing well in the rest.

Perspective is important. If we lose to, say, Dutd, it ain't the end of the world and we, as fans will have to dust ourselves off and not bitch. Delusions of grandure aren't a good thing in a set of fans and don't help the team.

I'm confident JJ and the team will have the lads (whichever lads are on the park) up for each of these games, should we end up winning, losing or drawing.

Charlie-Brown

finishing anywhere above 4th place represents a good league season for Hearts, finishing in second place would represent an exceptional season and first place would be a superlative season as would any winning some silverware!

we have no choice but to get on with it.

JJ has a choice as to whether or not he bleats about it at every given opportunity like walter smith invariably does.

anything above 10 points from those league games as well as progression to the last 8 of the cup would be a monumental achievement for a group of players who have already given everything.

it's entirely possible that we'll see a very meagre number of points and no place in the last 8 of the cup. if that happens then it happens, we'll have to accept a campaign aiming for 3rd place.

Absolutely spot on Spanky :thumbsup:

It's all about the mentality. Go 1-0 down, and know you will come back and win.

Go 1-0 up, and not settle for a 1 goal lead.

Play the old firm, and know they are nothing to be afraid of.

I get the feeling our players really believe all of the above now, especially guys like Skacel, Kyle, Zaliukas and Mrowiec.

Massive set of fixtures.

Looking at those fixtures, it's the midweek trip to Rugby Park that stands out as more of a banana skin than any of the other matches. I think the games against Rantic will take care of themselves, but a midweek trip to Killie in their current form is a big ask of the players, and of us fans in terms of taking a decent support through to get behind them.

12 points from that run of league games would be a fantastic achievement IMHO. If we manage this then I don't think we'll have lost any ground on the old firm.

Right now, I'd take 10 points and a place in the next round of the cup. I don't see why we can't get more than that but I think that that would be an acceptable haul in a hectic month.

The next round of the cup is the most important for me.

Snake Plissken

One game at a time please! :)

Are you contractually obliged to say that every time?

It's ******* boring.

Love,

Teenwolf x

Tue 11: H v St. Johnstone (cup) win

Sat 15: A v Dundee United - 3 points

Tue 18: A v Kilmarnock - 3 points

Sat 22: H v Rangers - 3 points

Wed 26: A v Celtic - 1 point

Sat 29: H v St. Johnstone - 3 points

Wed 2 : A v Rangers - 1 point

Sat 5 : Scottish Cup 5th round (if we get through...) - win

When this happens we have a league and cup double on the cards!

22/1 Rangers home

29/1 Celtic away

2/2 Rangers away

'mon the Tarts !

22/1 rangers home

26/1 celtic away

29/1 st johnstone

2/2 rangers away :)

here's my predictions for the spl games in this little run:

dundee united A - win

killie A - win

Rangers H - we have to win this game. i believe we can, so its a win.

celtic A - draw

st johnstone H - win

rangers A - draw

to get these results would be fantastic, and could see us mount a challenge to the OF for, i daresay, the title. that would leave us with 14 points from 18. As for the squad, i believe we can cope with these games and keep the same eleven, these guys are professional footballers and should be able to handle this kind of work schedule. When you think about it, 2 full days of recovery should be enough. Although a bit of rotation may be required to keep it fresh and avoid injuries/tiredness. I am confident we can cope, and also win 14 points from these games.

Archived