Post-split / bottom six / will you go ?

kingdannyb

Post-split / bottom six / will you go ?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Post-split / bottom six / will you go ?

• Yes
    • No

I never leave games early but if we finish in the bottom six and have no big teams or europe or ANYTHING to play for, what is the point of going ?

I therefore suggest not going to any games after the split.

Dr. Bapswent
I never leave games early but if we finish in the bottom six and have no big teams or europe or ANTHING to play for, what is the point of going ?

I therefore suggest not going to any games after the split.

The point of going is to support your team.

SHow the players you support them no matter, and are not just a success desperate glory seeker.

People like you should not reall go to any games, your attitude stinks.

MacDonald Jardine

SHow the players you support them no matter, and are not just a success desperate glory seeker.

Exactly.

Gigolo-Aunt
I often leave games early but i suspect i'll be at every one.

^^^^^^^

I am an 85mins man.

Dirk Diggler

Oh and there are 5 other teams in the SPL currently with 'nothing to play for'.

10 in the EPL and hundreds across Europe.

I wonder if the 'supporters' of their clubs will turn their back on their teams....

We don't half have some supporters with an Old firm mentality.

It's sickening.

JamboGraham

Already paid for the matches via my season ticket so only financial suffering would be done by me...

Also, going to the football on a Saturday is not just about the 90 minutes for many people, including myself.

Nope.

People go to football primarily for enjoyment. Whether or not they show the players they support them no matter is entirely up to them.

As an adult that is allowed to make a choice not to go, I chose not to. It is neither the right thing to do nor the wrong thing to do, it was simply my choice. You chose to go, again, that is your choice.

"success desperate glory seeker"? If that is the case, then the poster has been going to the wrong club for all/most of his days. Any "success desperate glory seeker" need only look at the two Glasgow teams that dominate this league and the two national cups.

As a fan that is concerned about the football side of our, erm, football club, I would suggest that VR seeing empty seats is the closest thing we can do to get through to him that this is not fun and all we want is to see our club performing to the best of our ability.

Oh and there are 5 other teams in the SPL currently with 'nothing to play for'.

10 in the EPL and hundreds across Europe.

I wonder if the 'supporters' of their clubs will turn their back on their teams....

We don't half have some supporters with an Old firm mentality.

It's sickening.

It just goes to show how much times have changed !

Even my 6 year nephew knows that you support your team - NO MATTER IF YOU ARE WINNING OR LOSING !

For all of those who don't want to go back, good stay away ! You can go away and decide if you will be supporting celtic or rangers this year !

rossthejambo

i'll be there. if only for something to do on a saturday afternoon. i've paid for it so i may as well use it. although i do think we are owed big time if we finish in the bottom 6

I've been bored out of my brains recently at Hearts games, but will never miss one.

You've got to take the good with the bad.

Nookie Bear

Have you actually been following anything that has happened over the last two years???

MacDonald Jardine
Nope.

People go to football primarily for enjoyment. Whether or not they show the players they support them no matter is entirely up to them.

As an adult that is allowed to make a choice not to go, I chose not to. It is neither the right thing to do nor the wrong thing to do, it was simply my choice. You chose to go, again, that is your choice.

"success desperate glory seeker"? If that is the case, then the poster has been going to the wrong club for all/most of his days. Any "success desperate glory seeker" need only look at the two Glasgow teams that dominate this league and the two national cups.

As a fan that is concerned about the football side of our, erm, football club, I would suggest that VR seeing empty seats is the closest thing we can do to get through to him that this is not fun and all we want is to see our club performing to the best of our ability.

You're allowed to exercise your choice.

But for many watching Hearts is not just another entertainment option.

"Glory seeker" is precisely what people who stop going when we're doing badly are.

If I choose to start going to Easter Road because I like to spend my leisure time watching entertaining football and consider the product on offer there to be currently superior is that also a legitimate choice?

There are many posts on here about noone being a lesser supporter than anyone else.

I'm sorry, but if you choose not to go because the team isn't paying well that's exactly what you are.

some hearts fans really do need to take a look at themselves if you are a true jambo then you should support your team threw thick and thin but still theres more arguing amoungst the supporters where we should be putting our frsutration at others :mad:

Ha ha. Hardly! That man is the most optimistic pain in the ass hearts supporter I've ever had the misfortune to go to games with! He's sat through the whole 90 minutes of every crap result we've had in the last few years while I've retired early to the pub and is by no measure of the imaginination an 'glory seeker'.

But feel free to resort to petty point-scoring in a thread which raises a fairly interesting discussion point. :mw_rolleyes:

gowestjambo

Prepared to "support" my team with a Season ticket, plus pay for my 2 sons as well, I am not however prepared to turn up and watch over paid, unmotivated buffons wear the Maroon jersey and accept this as normal!

Ryan Gosling

Aye I'll go. I've paid for my seat and who knows, maybe Shaggy will give the U19s the chance to show up the overpaid muppets.

There was certainly precious little to get excited about today. Falkirk seemed more intent on "getting a result", closed us down quickly, passed amongst themselves efficiently and were more dangerous on the break, sometimes from all players in their own third of the pitch.

We didn't get on top of them, tried to play a passing game but got harried out of it, made no outright chances hardly had a long-range shot and had no plan B. A tactician on the bench and two strikers on the pitch please.

I will go to every game.

I am hoping for Inverness away, Aberdeen away and Gretna at Livvy for the away games. Killie and St Mirren at home.

That will do me nicely - home games are pish. I'll still go, but Tynecastle these days is a depressing place to watch the Fuhrer's hand-picked dross.

I have left one home game early in the last three years and pride myself in being there for the full 90 minutes despite getting humped 4-0 at home to Rangers or United or whoever but every now and then the players and management need to know how upset we are by not turning up.

I haven't decided yet but this team is so poor that maybe they need to be shown how pi55ed we are all with their performances for the (apparant) third force in the country.

And if anyone doubts my dedication, see my avatar . . .

Bad Religion

This is not a fair or valid point.

As we are all more than aware all we want is for our football club to be run within its means the best that it can. This we are not getting but are paying for. Everyone within Hearts still gains financially. The management and players still get paid no matter how poor the performance. Money wise we the supporters are the only losers. Why should we continue to support this?

monkfish1979
I haven't decided yet but this team is so poor that maybe they need to be shown how pi55ed we are all with their performances for the (apparant) third force in the country.

TBH, I think we need to get rid of the "third force" idea. We could have been 2 seasons ago, IF things had carried on the way they were going. At the moment, we're pesh poor. If we don't make the top 6, it's because the players on the park have been beaten there by at least 6 better clubs - whether it's down to better coaching and tactics, more talented squads, better team spirit or all of the aforementioned. We can quite truthfully say that we've seen nothing of those three vital factors from our team this season.

On the face of it, they look like a bunch that are thouroughly fecked off with their jobs and are going through the motions every week until they get their summer holidays. Or has the weegia got them so down that they know that they're damned if they do and damned if they don't? Do they suffer from the same sort of misinformation that we do?

I'm normally fairly positive about our team, and I'll never be ashamed to call myself a jambo, but I do feel a wee cringe from time to time when the guys on the park have promising runs of two or three games before reverting to the (now) usual gutless pap that we tend to see these days, feeding oxygen theives like chick dung so that thy can dribble on about our inevitable demise and our psychotic, meddling owner.

Managers are - for 90 minutes on most weeks - irrelevant. Frail isn't telling them to go out and lose - at least I hope he isn't. If I get told to do something at work, I do my utmost to do it to the best of my ability. Our players don't seem to be doing anything "to the best of their ability".

I can handle losing. I've actually enjoyed a few games that we haven't won. I detest seeing people that (IMO) are overpaid at the worst of times looking like what they do doesn't matter. Fans will go or they won't, and I don't think there will ever be a time when we're all 100% happy, but I think the time has passed for the "better fan" debate. It's less a case of "supporting" these days. It's more of an endurance test.....

portobellojambo1

I haven't decided yet but this team is so poor that maybe they need to be shown how pi55ed we are all with their performances for the (apparent) third force in the country.

I will continue to attend our games through to the end of the season.

Was listening to a discussion on Talk107 Friday evening about the above subject, and had to agree with the summing up from those in the studio.

A Hearts fan had contacted them indicating we were still playing to relatively full houses, had the highest earning players outside the OF so were still the third force in Scottish football.

The studio response reflected my thoughts, i.e. the size of your support means nothing, the wage bill means nothing, your status and position in footballing terms is determined by results on the park.

Unfortunately in my eyes, and according to the up to date league table, we are far from the third force, or apparent third force, in Scottish football at this time. To be recognized as the third force in Scotland is a right which must be earned on the park, at the moment the team are not even earning their salaries.

virgilhiltz

Depends what is more important, supporting the team or supporting the club.

Going along to watch the dross that is indicative of the managment is condoning the methods of Romanov as far as im concerned.

You ought to look at the bigger picture mate.

Rick Grimes
Aye I'll go. I've paid for my seat and who knows, maybe Shaggy will give the U19s the chance to show up the overpaid muppets.

i'll go, but if i get better offer on a particular weekend then maybe not.

the bit in bold is what i want to see happen.

Commander Harris

of course I'll go. I bought my ticket so I could go and support the team and that's what I plan to do.

jambo walesy

The weather will be a big factor in wether i continue to go this season.

Call me a bad fan but i dont care i am not sitting in the freezing cold or rain to watch those bunch of money grabbers disgrace the club.

I feel a bit guilty posting a view on this as I haven't been to as many games as those who have had enough this season, due to where I live. I did buy a season ticket this year which I've not used anywhere near enough. If I don't renew it will be more to allow someone else to have the ticket, than as a protest.

All I can say is that when I lived in Scotland I went whether we had anything to play for or not. I was one of 4000 who watched Eric Carruthers score against East Fife in a meaningless match at Tynie. It was a worthless match but I did meet Tommy Wlaker outside the ground so for that alone it was worth it.

He told me and my mates to stick by the club and despite all the dissappointments I've seen the good days will always outweight the bad ones.

I haven't been back since we got beat at home by ICT months ago and I won't be back until this unholy mess of a football club gets sorted out from top to bottom.

It's getting embarassing.

I want to see a statement on the Hearts website this week that we will be giving debuts to 5 or 6 of our promising young players in the remainder of the season. If they don't do this, they can ram it. I refuse to go and watch the wasters and losers that have mucked up this season any more.

chester copperpot

Romanov has my money, therefor I've given my support to the club for the season.

Whether I am there or not is neither here nor there.

The atmosphere in Tynecastle this season has been dire, anyone who thinks by turning up is showing their support is wrong, as we never seem to sing, therefor that argument is a no starter.

I want to be wrong, but I dont think I am. Support is singing songs and getting a rousing atmosphere going.

I only like away matches now, but thats more the social gathering before and chatting with my mates.

I am seriously considering not going to watch post-split games if we are bottom 6. It won?t hurt the club as I have my ST but at the same time, if enough people do it then it might send a message to Vlad, that my waiting until the last minute until buying next season?s ST may not achieve...

The Real Maroonblood
It just goes to show how much times have changed !

Even my 6 year nephew knows that you support your team - NO MATTER IF YOU ARE WINNING OR LOSING !

For all of those who don't want to go back, good stay away ! You can go away and decide if you will be supporting celtic or rangers this year !

Some folk are considering visiting the dentist on a Saturday because it is more enjoyable.

Dr. Bapswent
I have left one home game early in the last three years and pride myself in being there for the full 90 minutes despite getting humped 4-0 at home to Rangers or United or whoever but every now and then the players and management need to know how upset we are by not turning up.

And if anyone doubts my dedication, see my avatar . . .

Ive seen many clowns who are prepared to get Hearts tatoos.

Doesnt make you a better supporter than the next man.

You're allowed to exercise your choice.

But for many watching Hearts is not just another entertainment option.

"Glory seeker" is precisely what people who stop going when we're doing badly are.

If I choose to start going to Easter Road because I like to spend my leisure time watching entertaining football and consider the product on offer there to be currently superior is that also a legitimate choice?

There are many posts on here about noone being a lesser supporter than anyone else.

I'm sorry, but if you choose not to go because the team isn't paying well that's exactly what you are.

Just since you seem to have missed it, I shall re quote myself....

I have got rid of the larger part of my post, and kept the bit you seemed to have missed. In fact, I have emboldened the key bit. As for the correlation you have made about "playing well" and "enjoyment", you obviously decided to make up your own mind as to what I term "enjoyment" when it comes to our team. Yes, I enjoy it when we play well, I enjoy it more when we win, I STILL enjoy it when we play bad and lose, unfortunately, I don't enjoy it when we are robbed blind by a hamstrung side that will not try.

I will sidestep the usual "better fan" bit as it is below me, if it weren't below me, I would suggest that at least I was doing something. ;)

davemclaren
^^^^^^^

I am an 85mins man.

Not what your wife says. :P

Anyway, I'll be going and will stay for the 90 minutes. I stayed for the whole game at Hearts match where they got their lowest ever Premier League crowd so ain't going to start breaking that habit now.

However, if folks do want to leave early that's their choice, just don't stand in front of me. If you want to go then go!! :)

Clerry Jambo

possible fixtures:

Gretna - away

Killie - home

St Midden - home

Inverness - Home

Aberdeen - away

I think that is right!

The Real Maroonblood
Not what your wife says. :P

Anyway, I'll be going and will stay for the 90 minutes. I stayed for the whole game at Hearts match where they got their lowest ever Premier League crowd so ain't going to start breaking that habit now.

However, if folks do want to leave early that's their choice, just don't stand in front of me. If you want to go then go!! :)

Tell the truth.

You probably stay behind so your mates will be in the pub first so they can get the first round up.

;)

Miller Jambo 60
Already paid for the matches via my season ticket so only financial suffering would be done by me...

Also, going to the football on a Saturday is not just about the 90 minutes for many people, including myself.

I go to all the Hearts games so the split is nothing to me.

I go for the footie seeing my mates and a good blether.

Its my life and wont stop because we are 7th in the SPL.

I live for HEARTS.:106Final::106Final::106Final:

GORGIE RULE MA HA

davemclaren
Tell the truth.

You probably stay behind so your mates will be in the pub first so they can get the first round up.

;)

Do I know you? :eek:;)

The Real Maroonblood
Do I know you? :eek:;)

Probably not but it's the oldest trick in the book. So I am told.

Archived