Maloney v Fyssas

McJambo

Just wanted to clear this up.

IMO, although the red card was rescinded Maloney didn't "dive".

Fyssas went to ground and Maloney rode the challenge else he would have probably gotten a sore one. I thought this at the time and I still think it years later.

Strange one to bring up now but I keep seeing it popping up about Maloney diving, anyone who has played the game will tell you there are times when a bad tackle comes in and you nick the ball away and try to avoid the challenge, it happens every week.

Fyssas went to ground and Maloney rode the challenge else he would have probably gotten a sore one. I thought this at the time and I still think it years later.

Strange one to bring up now but I keep seeing it popping up about Maloney diving, anyone who has played the game will tell you there are times when a bad tackle comes in and you nick the ball away and try to avoid the challenge, it happens every week.

Maloney asked for a free kick when it never was.

Therefore, he dived/cheated.

:down:

Balde took out Cesnauskis in the same game. It was much more blatant, much more central and much more a goalscoring opportunity yet he stayed on.

Maloney was a cheat, is a cheat, and always will be a cheat.

Hope this helps.

IMO, although the red card was rescinded

Utterly irrelevant.

The little fecker threw himself to the ground, I heard his scream of 'agony' in G Upper.

He tried to get Takis sent off, whether or not he 'rode the challenge'.

Hope this helps.

This.

Would be open for debate if he didn't throw himself down like a wee lassie every time someone farted in his general direction. As it stands, he's a cheating little scrotum.

?

Probably a reference to the fact Maloney was born in Malaysia.

?

Should have played for Malaysia, offers a bit of agility in midfield for Scotland. Not anymore though.

I would say a "dive" and what Maloney did were two different things, a dive in my book is someone going down when there is no contact or very little and no obvious need to go down. See Berbatov today, a brush on his shin, if that and he drops to the ground like he was shot.

Maloney was running at full pace seen the tackle come in and just managed to nick the ball away before riding the challenge, as I said anyone who has played the game will agree this happens every week. If you stand still you get injured.

I would say a "dive" and what Maloney did were two different things, a dive in my book is someone going down when there is no contact or very little and no obvious need to go down. See Berbatov today, a brush on his shin, if that and he drops to the ground like he was shot.

Maloney was running at full pace seen the tackle come in and just managed to nick the ball away before riding the challenge, as I said anyone who has played the game will agree this happens every week. If you stand still you get injured.

So you agree he dived.

And can the "anyone who played the game" pish. I've been involved in football since I was 8, and players don't go down like that at any level other than professional.

If they did, they'd get the ******* shit kicked out of them.

Cheers, Shaun.

x

The Old Tolbooth

If he wasn't touched, then why did he scream like a banshee when he went down? I'll tell you why, because he cheated to get Takis sent off, if he had been touched then I could understand his scream, but he wasn't touched, therefore no need for the theatrics.

All this amounts to a cheating little ****** for me.

I agree Maloney had a motive to throw himself to the ground like a rag doll.

His team were 2-0 down in their most important game of the season and never looked like getting back into it, so he cheated in order to get the opposing team down to 10 men.

The Old Tolbooth

I agree Maloney had a motive to throw himself to the ground like a rag doll.

His team were 2-0 down in their most important game of the season and never looked like getting back into it, so he cheated in order to get the opposing team down to 10 men.

Was it not 2-1 at that stage?

Was it not 2-1 at that stage?

Pretty sure Pearson scored after Takis walked.

I could be wrong, though, I haven't been able to watch a replay of that game for quite a long time :(

The Old Tolbooth

I could be wrong, though, I haven't been able to watch a replay of that game for quite a long time :(

I don't blame you, it still bugs the life out of me that game :(

I just checked the stats and Pearson scored in the 55th minute, with Takis walking in the 76th, and McAnus scoring in 87 and 90 minutes :angry:

He is also a traitor to his country. Which is only a good thing for Scotland.

What a load of shite. He moved to Scotland when he was 5.

I never have, nor will I.

Balde, Maloney, Nakamura and most importantly Brines all cheated us that day.

It's the game which blows their 'establishment against us' theory clean out the water.

I never have, nor will I.

Balde, Maloney, Nakamura and most importantly Brines all cheated us that day.

It's the game which blows their 'establishment against us' theory clean out the water.

Funnily enough, notice how quiet they've been since they've started winning again?

Funnily enough, notice how quiet they've been since they've started winning again?

I doubt clarification will be sought over Ledley's feigning injury after trying to break a lower division player's eye socket.

Baloney is a cheating little cockhead who is not very good.

Never a red card.

Takis is a man of class and accepted the decision even though it was wrong.

What a load of shite. He moved to Scotland when he was 5.

True bit I've always said that the country in which you are born is your nationality, any other ' way in' starts to complicate things and all becomes a bit ridiculous to me. like half the german side being polish.

True bit I've always said that the country in which you are born is your nationality, any other ' way in' starts to complicate things and all becomes a bit ridiculous to me. like half the german side being polish.

So if your folks go on holiday to Doha and you're born while they're away, you'd have yourself eligible for Qatar and Qatar only?

If they wanted me to, sure. I'd become a nations legend with my unbelievable skill.

:lol:

Wacky theory, though.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

I'd like the idiots people to notice that when I suggested our November game against Celtic as counter-evidence against the theory that Celtic are favoured by the referees, I was told that I was either on a wind-up, or that it was just one game and that it means nothing in the grand scheme of decades of decisions going against us in favour of them.

Good to see the double standards being clung to.

What about where your parents were born or where you spent most of your life. My sister was born in Kenya whilst my Dad was with the forces. I certainly wouldnt say she's Kenyan.

That was the angriest i had ever left a game..

We were cheated by Maloney and Brines especially.. How anyone can try and say he never dived is a joke..

If the SFA were against Celtic or even just treated them the same as every other club then we would have won that game comfortably..

Hope this helps.

IJ, You certainly cleared it up for me a lot more than the OP did. Cheers :thumbsup:

Maloneys a cheat

He cheated that day and everytime since then I have watched him he drops at any hint of contact from an opponent.

Look what I found.

No Contact - therefore, Maloney DIVED.

Edit - Look at Brines....

827663_827663.jpg

Everytime I see this challenge I see no other reason for Maloney to go down other than to get Takis sent off. He's in control of the ball, he's more or less through on goal and he flings himself to the floor to get a fellow pro sent off. The underhand tactics of a cheating prick, shown over and over again by his antics on a weekly basis (when he's not on the treatment table).

Thankfully he has utterly failed in the game for a long time, scant consolation however for our title challenge being extinguished.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

:lol: I remember a stupid Tim I used to know, telling me the fact the red card was rescinded proved the SFA was biased in favour of us!

I don't talk to him anymore.

gorgie rd eh11

:woot::woot::woot: Somebody is trying to deflect their pain.

:lol: Anyone who's played football knows you can hurdle a challenge without throwing yourself to the ground.

Maloney is diving cheat and brines was a willing accomplice.

So if I had been born in say, Chad, because my parents happen to be travelling through there on holiday then by your theory, if I have a Britsh passport I am a traitor to Chad?

Napoleon  Wilson

He is also a traitor to his country. Which is only a good thing for Scotland.

:rofl:

Without doubt Maloney dived and Brines orgasmed as he brought out the red card but why did Takis dive in anyway ? It was way out on the touchline and completely unnecessary.

But to agree with another poster, this is the angriest I have ever left a game too.

And does anyone remember Rudi shooting straight at Boruc when he could have made it 3-0 before half time ? That missed chance changed the season for me more than the red card.

Without doubt Maloney dived and Brines orgasmed as he brought out the red card but why did Takis dive in anyway ? It was way out on the touchline and completely unnecessary.

But to agree with another poster, this is the angriest I have ever left a game too.

And does anyone remember Rudi shooting straight at Boruc when he could have made it 3-0 before half time ? That missed chance changed the season for me more than the red card.

Actually, I've just watched the blurry highlights on youtube here -

and it wasn't on the touchline and probably deserved a red card for stupidity.

Maloney is a yard outside and maybe eight yards from the corner of the box.

We would have been screaming for a red card too.

Rudi also had TWO shots straight at Boruc, one was two minutes before half time.

And Craig Gordon almost scored in the fifth minute of injury time too.

Memories,

Rudi also had TWO shots straight at Boruc, one was two minutes before half time.

Memories,

You must be on the wind up?

Memories,

May I draw your attention to my post below.

Everytime I see this challenge I see no other reason for Maloney to go down other than to get Takis sent off. He's in control of the ball, he's more or less through on goal and he flings himself to the floor to get a fellow pro sent off. The underhand tactics of a cheating prick, shown over and over again by his antics on a weekly basis (when he's not on the treatment table).

Thankfully he has utterly failed in the game for a long time, scant consolation however for our title challenge being extinguished.

Maloney has absolutely no reason to go down. He jumps the tackle and is through on goal, instead he jumps it and crumples to the floor like the cheating prick that he is to get Fyssas sent off. There is no 2 ways about it, he cheated.

The Balde challenge on Ceusnauskis when he would have been clean through to hopefully make it 3-0 rankles with me. How did that thug stay on the pitch?

givememychoice

in what way ?

due to claiming it deserved to be a red card.

which rule do you claim fyssas broke?

It was a dive.

incidentally, regarding maloney's nationality. I would concur with the doubters if he had merely been born during a holiday, but he spent his first 5 years of his life there.

And JMT, you continue to argue in the face of an alternative theory backed up by evidence. Granted, its probably not a perfect theory, but as with all scientific theory i am happy for it to be scrutinised and amended.

Although I was at Dens Park in '86 aged 8, this game is the most painful I can remember.

That little labia, Maloney, was instrumental in them cheating their way to victory - no amount of bizarre revisionism will change that.

What an odd thread for a Hearts supporter to start.

due to claiming it deserved to be a red card.

which rule do you claim fyssas broke?

It was a dive.

AS I said before:

Yes, it was a dive.

Yes, Maloney is a cheat

Yes, Brines is a cheat.

But I think Takis intended to bring him down with a wild sliding challenge.

That's why he accepted the red card without complaint.

I sat in Lower G that season and could not have been closer to the incident but didn't realise until seeing the youtube highlights this morning what a stupid challenge Takis did. If he'd stayed on his feet and ushered the wee cheat wide we could still have won the game and we might have been champions.

If, if, if, if, if . . .

I completely understand you saying Maloney dived and that's all there is to it, but I just think Takis has to accept at least some of the blame for even giving Brines the slightest opportunity to help the Green Filth.

May I draw your attention to my post below.

Maloney has absolutely no reason to go down. He jumps the tackle and is through on goal, instead he jumps it and crumples to the floor like the cheating prick that he is to get Fyssas sent off. There is no 2 ways about it, he cheated.

Maloney is 100% not in control of the ball.

For what it's worth I've always thought it was a stupid challenge.

I cant remember but did it get reduced to a yellow or cleared completely?

I still think it's a foul.

Archived