and the referee buys himself some time........

Randle P McMurphy

Randle P McMurphy

keep hearing this cliche being trotted out, most recent example the gerrard sending off today. i just don't buy this thinking time nonsense, there is a 4th or 5th official watching the video playback and advising the ref.

agree?

I think the ref bought time to get opinions from his fellow officials but I think it was from their real time viewing of the incident and not from video replays.

keep hearing this cliche being trotted out, most recent example the gerrard sending off today. i just don't buy this thinking time nonsense, there is a 4th or 5th official watching the video playback and advising the ref.

agree?

I had never thought of that until I saw Dalgliesh looking at a replay then thought that the 4th official would obviously have access to that so its gotta be a real possibility. A quick shout in his microphone to the 4th official, "have a quick look at that for me can you"

agree?

I agree. Goes on all the time IMO. Still think the ref's mikes should be aired on the TV footage like it is in rugby. What do they have to hide? :whistling:

Seymour M Hersh

I had never thought of that until I saw Dalgliesh looking at a replay then thought that the 4th official would obviously have access to that so its gotta be a real possibility. A quick shout in his microphone to the 4th official, "have a quick look at that for me can you"

All these years a footballing legend and still they can't spell his name correctly.

DALGLISH

All these years a footballing legend and still they can't spell his name correctly.

DALGLISH

For managerial purposes he added that "E" :whistling:

OOPS

agree?

So why didn't he do that for the "penalty" too?

Randle P McMurphy

So why didn't he do that for the "penalty" too?

because the decision is immediate there, foul or no foul. he can't stop the game and then decide that there actually is no penalty because that then makes it obvious there is video evidence. his only decision is whether to award the penalty or not. obviously if it is blatantly no penalty he can then go the dougie mcdonald (and the other 2 refs who overturned penalties against us!) and change his mind on the linesmans (4th officials) say so.

the sending off was always a foul, it was whether it was a booking or a sending off that he needed clarified. the play being stopped and the players surrounding the ref buys him the time needed.

ps it was a penalty

DALGLISH

If yer Scottish do we not pronounce it

Dug Leash?

because the decision is immediate there, foul or no foul. he can't stop the game and then decide that there actually is no penalty because that then makes it obvious there is video evidence. his only decision is whether to award the penalty or not. obviously if it is blatantly no penalty he can then go the dougie mcdonald (and the other 2 refs who overturned penalties against us!) and change his mind on the linesmans (4th officials) say so.

the sending off was always a foul, it was whether it was a booking or a sending off that he needed clarified. the play being stopped and the players surrounding the ref buys him the time needed.

ps it was a penalty

PS it was a DIVE

Archived