Hearts Youngsters at half time............

Oopsupsideyerheed

Oopsupsideyerheed

Showed more desire and endeavour in 10 minutes than the 1st team did in 90 !

Well done the 10 year olds..............a moment to remember for life, and some good wee players as well.

Well done the 10 year olds..............a moment to remember for life, and some good wee players as well.

A good number of them had better awareness of where their teammates were for sure...

Charlie-Brown

The Under 10's also played at half time at a few weeks back at the Gretna(?) game I think? Anyway I was impressed with the way each player looked to pass & move which was very very different to most primary age kids football I'd seen where the best players just want to run with the ball & the duffers just kicked up field and all chased after it - it looks as if the youngest ones are being taught to play some thoughtful stuff which is encouraging. :)

I was thoroughly amused by the crowd's reaction to them doing their wee lap of honour at the end. A real grump had descended over the stadium and clumps of fans are grumbling away whilst eating their pies, but as the wee ones passed, they still all turned to face the pitch, smiled and applauded them. Hehe. Nice to see that even when the chips are down, the fans still have a wee bit of 'nice' left in them for the mini-Jambos.

Their faces were a picture (the kids, not the grumpy fans) - it must have been a really huge day for some of them. They clearly don't have a clue what they're letting themselves in for....eek....

it looks as if the youngest ones are being taught to play some thoughtful stuff which is encouraging. :)

It's still a month till your the big 40 and you've started the big :booze: up already !

badly drawn boy

Aye and well done wee Liam on the wing

Should have stayed on for the big teams second half

Anyway I was impressed with the way each player looked to pass & move which was very very different to most primary age kids football I'd seen where the best players just want to run with the ball & the duffers just kicked up field and all chased after it - it looks as if the youngest ones are being taught to play some thoughtful stuff which is encouraging. :)

The lads on the park today are trained by my boss, he says that's how they coach them at the academy. No big hoofs, lots of passing and movement.

maltese jambo
The lads on the park today are trained by my boss, he says that's how they coach them at the academy. No big hoofs, lots of passing and movement.

Have to say i was impressed...

Not usually in favour of JUST teaching kids to pass pass pass, particularly in this country where more often than not we're no good at it, but they impressed me.

I wouldn't have argued if they had stayed on the park to replace the senior shower.

Aye and well done wee Liam on the wing

Should have stayed on for the big teams second half

Wee liam says cheers.

Don't talk them up too much or Vlad will decide that the 10 year olds are the future and we should wait on them coming through, thus not spending anything on the team for the next 9 / 10 years.

Oopsupsideyerheed
Don't talk them up too much or Vlad will decide that the 10 year olds are the future and we should wait on them coming through, thus not spending anything on the team for the next 9 / 10 years.

Ha ha...........brightened up my weekend anyway..........mon the wee yins !!

Better call Saul

1st Goal was a mile of side :P the ref had a shocker not been able to see that

well done to the lads

The School End

:106Final:

Archived