Cockney Glams v Proper Reds

The Old Tolbooth

grumpy rebus

That was harsh, but well done Webb, you've been manures best player for years now son, pat on the back from Fergie at his house for drinks afterwards.

C'mon John. That was a shocker. Stevie G's got a habit of lunging in like that and probably gets off with it too often.

Maybe he thought Carrick was a DJ.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of all the refs to put in charge, they had to appoint Howard "I love maure" Webb ffs!

Berbatov is a cheating little barstard! :angry:

How many times is Webb going to screw Liverpool to the benefit of those glam fecks!

:rofl:

That was harsh, but well done Webb, you've been manures best player for years now son, pat on the back from Fergie at his house for drinks afterwards.

John, Deep breath time bud, look at it again, and again if you need to and I think you will agree that it was a red

alwaysthereinspirit

It was a stupid tackle to make. No need for the two feet being up.

Two footed tackle going north to south is a straight red. In this case both Gerrard and Carrick were coming from nearly the same direction. Tough for the ref.

Howard Webb fulfilling his contractual obligations at Old Trafford.

Liverpool fans and Celtic fans are sometimes very difficult to tell apart. :teehee:

Jim Beglin is making a real breast of himself.

This is where the grammar of New Testament (Koine) Greek would be wonderful!

They have a tense that means, "has made and continues to make"!!!

It was definitely a two-footed jump tackle with no attempt to get at the ball!

Ryan Gosling

johnmitchell is

:seething: :seething: :seething: :seething: :seething:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Lay off ya bunch of tosspots, I've already admitted it was a tad wreckless in post 100 :D

I don't think it was a red or a penalty.

If it was dangerous Carrick would have a broken ankle.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Red card was probably justified IMO. Lunged in and caught Carrick's ankle. Not seen anyone mention the lunge by Rafael, could have been a lot worse if Meireles hadn't pulled out. Granted Rafael won the ball but he went in with two feet and a yellow for me would have been fair for the lunge alone.

The penalty however was a joke. Berbatov could have easily stayed on his feet. Can't believe people say Webb is the best ref in the country, never rated him.

The Old Tolbooth

It was never a spot kick in a million years and one of the clearest dives you'll ever see, Berbatov made the absolute most of it after a hair on Agger's leg apparently touched his sock, but in a double motion he dived like the cheat he is (Never seen any Pool players diving :whistling: )

The sending off however, after seeing it again, was dangerous mate wit 2 feet off the ground, and 25 years ago that would have been a hearty challenge which wouldn't even have been a yellow, but these days the rules have made sure the game has gone soft and by the letter of the law it was a straight red.

Definite red card it was a stupid tackle. Rafael was lucky as his was 2 footed just Meireles pulled out. Never a pen - Webbs been done there. Imagine if that had been given against us...

Walter Bishop

HEAD-UP-YER-ASS.jpg

The Old Tolbooth

Red card was probably justified IMO. Lunged in and caught Carrick's ankle. Not seen anyone mention the lunge by Rafael, could have been a lot worse if Meireles hadn't pulled out. Granted Rafael won the ball but he went in with two feet and a yellow for me would have been fair for the lunge alone.

The penalty however was a joke. Berbatov could have easily stayed on his feet. Can't believe people say Webb is the best ref in the country, never rated him.

The fact that Rafael wasn't even spoken to for another 2 footed challenge where both feet were off the ground was a joke, the fact that Morieles shit it doesn't come into it for me, it was dangerous.

Good analogy.

Likewise, Ian Murray's arial challenge on Ian Black was fair because Black did not get brain damage and played on. thumbsup.gif

No, if Carrick's foot had been planted on the ground it he would have had a broken ankle.

It was sheer luck that his weight was not on that foot at the moment of impact.

Definate red. Called it as soon as I saw it and the replays confirmed it.

Penalty was soft but by the letter of the law a penalty. In the modern game it's generally accepted that if you get touched you go down. Every fan in the world would be angry with their own player for not going down when they are genuinely fouled.

Good analogy.

Likewise, Ian Murray's arial challenge on Ian Black was fair because Black did not get brain damage and played on. thumbsup.gif

Its quite staggering aint it?

laugh.gif

Tiberius Stinkfinger

It was never a spot kick in a million years and one of the clearest dives you'll ever see, Berbatov made the absolute most of it after a hair on Agger's leg apparently touched his sock, but in a double motion he dived like the cheat he is (Never seen any Pool players diving :whistling: )

The sending off however, after seeing it again, was dangerous mate wit 2 feet off the ground, and 25 years ago that would have been a hearty challenge which wouldn't even have been a yellow, but these days the rules have made sure the game has gone soft and by the letter of the law it was a straight red.

Nah, I disagree.

If you lift 2 feet of the ground and go in at knee height then I would classify that as dangerous and an attempt to injure your opponent.

I think its another media invented danger.

If Gerard wanted to do him,he doesn't get up and carry's on playing.

Nah, I disagree.

IAN BLACK.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Good analogy.

Did Murray go for the ball ?

Did Gerard go for the ball ?

I've been struggling to remember what it is about Torres that stirs an ancient memory, and it's just hit me!

It's very reminiscent of the attitude of one of my "heroes", Willie Wallace after he was tapped by Celtic!!!

It's shan chat like that has left British football in the dark ages.

Absolute bollox.

Most definitely "No" on both occasions!!!

The fact that Rafael wasn't even spoken to for another 2 footed challenge where both feet were off the ground was a joke, the fact that Morieles shit it doesn't come into it for me, it was dangerous.

Rafael's feet were less than 2 inches off the ground and his studs were never showing. Both feet connected with the ball with no contact on the player. He blocked the ball which was what knocked over Morieles (who totally bottled the tackle). Gerrard deliberately left the ground and went in showing both sets of studs which connected with Carrick's foot and ankle. No comparison.

The Old Tolbooth

Nah, I disagree.

If you lift 2 feet of the ground and go in at knee height then I would classify that as dangerous and an attempt to injure your opponent.

I think its another media invented danger.

Gerrard wasn't trying to "do" him though, he was genuinely trying to get the ball, but in a dangerous manner imo.

I'm surprised Webb didn't award manure another spot kick there, one of their players fell over a blade of grass in the box, he must be feeling guilty about something, I wonder what? :rolleyes:

grumpy rebus

No and no. Two thugs committing assaults.

Oh, and Beglin really needs to STFU.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

No doubt. I just think that if Meireles hadn't pulled out of the challenge then Webb would have been more likely to issue Rafael with a card.

I dont get all this raging about english footy. :blink:

I like Leeds but if they lose im not that fussed. At the end of the day its just a bit of interest.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

NO

NO

Most definitely "No" on both occasions!!!

So Gerard didn't get the ball then ?

The Old Tolbooth

It's shan chat like that has left British football in the dark ages.

Absolute bollox.

I prefer old school football, when it was a game for men and not over paid, under worked, pansies. :thumbsup:

So Gerard didn't get the ball then ?

That wasn't your orginal question. blink.gif

Gerrard, without a shadow of a doubt jumped in the air with both feet aiming for Carrick's ankles.

If you don't think thats the case then we obviously have a difference of opinion and will never resolve it.

Joe Ledley got the ball when he tackled Ian Black when we played Celtic. Sending off , LF?

I prefer old school football, when it was a game for men and not over paid, under worked, pansies. :thumbsup:

blink.gif

So you long for the days when footballers were kicked from pillar to post. The kind of challenges that forced Marco Van Basten to retire early?

There are some aspects of the game which are a shame to have been lost, this is not one of them though.

Cardiac Rucksack

Is jonjos caravan parked outside old trafford. Will he be going door to door asking to clear gutters after the game?

The Old Tolbooth

blink.gif

So you long for the days when footballers were kicked from pillar to post. The kind of challenges that forced Marco Van Basten to retire early?

There are some aspects of the game which are a shame to have been lost, this is not one of them though.

Dave Mackay wouldn't last 5 minutes in today's game, sadly.

I dont get all this raging about english footy. :blink:

I like Leeds but if they lose im not that fussed. At the end of the day its just a bit of interest.

Very much this.

Who gives a ****.

Dave Mackay wouldn't last 5 minutes in today's game, sadly.

blink.gif

Replace Gerard with Whittaker and Carrick with Templeton.

Pretty sure you would be playing a different tune.

Liverpool looking not to bad atm

Archived