PLAYER RATINGS V FALKIRK

Walter Bishop

portobellojambo1
The days of him tanking down the wing and firing over a quality ball onto the head/foot of our strikers, are a thing of the past....

He looked like he was terrified of getting his precious foot knobbled, and it showed in his performance...

Agree Dexter.

Was disappointed in his effort yesterday, but there again there was not an awful lot to choose between many. I gave top marks to Palazuelos and Mikoliunas, not because I thought either played particularly well, but because they were the least bad of a **** poor fecking excuse for a football team. I didn't bother marking Frail as it seemed a waste of fecking time.

People rightly scream and shout because we constantly play long balls in the air forward, which are totally ineffective, yet when Palazuelos keeps it simple and plays the ball to someone who wears the same colour of strip as himself, which when I was growing up was always the idea of the game (it was described as keeping possession, very technical term I know, but once you get your head round the difficult part it starts to make sense), we get people coming on saying he doesn't hurt the opposition. Yesterday proved once again that if more were capable of doing the simple things (the things you would expect from schoolboys, never mind highly paid professionals), like making short sharp passes to team mates instead of lumping it here, there and everywhere, we might possibly have won that game.

As I have said before I was delighted that Hughes chose not to bring on Latapy, he would have ripped the p i s h out of us yesterday, by doing the simple things that players like Palazuelos get slaughtered for in some quarters.

There is simply no point in trying to play balls through from midfield at times, Ksanavicius is fecking hopeless, Elliot is a waste of fecking space, Mikoliunas though he tried yesterday simply does not get behind defenders and hurt the opposition. We had no one going forward who had what it takes to hurt Falkirk, no one. In a game we had to win the team was set up amateurishly.

How the **** does Zal get a game. I go to a fair few of the reserve games and every time I've seen him, he's been our worst player.

Him playing yesterday confirms that Vlad still has an influence on who plays in our team.

Tall has been a mile and a half better than Zal in the reserves.

Im upset.

First thing I thought when I seen the team. Then remembered Frail actually rates him.

Just one of many reasons why Frail shouldn't be anywhere near the first team. I may be in the minority but I don't even want him at the club.

The few managers before him were probably a lot worse except Valdas but they had their hands tied. He says he doesn't and he is still picking pish.

Absolutely dreadful. Absolutely dreadful. Woeful, inept, disgusting, boring. That is just my feelings about Frail.

Anyway back onto the point of the thread:

Steve Banks - 6 Had nowt to do so stays on a 6.

Robbie Neilson - 4 Ball gets rolled to his feet and lets it run out for a throw-in.

Marius Zaliukas 4.5 - For a supposed ball playing centre half he didn't really want to pass to a player in his own team.

Christophe Berra 6 - Nothing worng. Covered for the two above inabilities.

Lee Wallace 5.5 - Linked well with Miko.

Saulius Mikoliunas - 7 The Miko of old.

Michael Stewart - 4 Frail thiks he is a key player?

Laryea Kingston - 5 At times makes the game look so easy but didn't do anything of note.

Ruben Palazeulos 6.5 - Nothing wrong. Kept his play neat and tidy.

Deividas Cesnauskis - No mark as barely played.

Calum Elliot 3.5 - One shot went out for a throw and one cross went for a throw in on the other side.

Audrius Ksanavicius 1 - One of the worst perfromnaces I have seen in a Hearts top. And we give him a new deal. FUDS!

Banks 6 - Nothing to do.

Neilson 6 - Usual Robbie performance

Zaliukas 5 - Looked good first half, bombscare in the 2nd

Berra 6 - Usual Berra performance

Wallace 6 - Got better as the game went on

Mikoliunas 7 - Great for the first hour, didn't do anything after then. Showed hunger and desire that was clearly lacking in a lot of his teamates.

Ruben 7 - Did his job and did it well. If the players playing in front of him could do there's (create and score) he would become much more valuable to the team

Stewart 4 - Oh my god

Cesnauskis 6 - Looked up for it until injury

Kingston 5 - Tried hard but tried to do too much at times. Another player guilty of picking the wrong option one time too many.

Elliot 5 - Fairly poor but can't be too hard on him with little to no service/help. Infuriated the fans by not getting into the box when Miko has skinned the full back.

Subs

Ksanavicius 2 - Maybe the single worst performance I have ever seen from a Hearts player.

Mole 5 - Played poorly

Screpis 6 - No time

Father Tiresias

Banks - 5

Neilson - 2

Berra - 5

Zaliukas - 4

Wallace - 3

Mikoliunas - 4

Palazuelos - 6

Stewart - 2

Kingston - 2

Cesnauskis - 1

Elliot - 1

Subs:

Ksanavicius - 1

Mole - 2

Screpis - 0

Even if he did put in a cross

Elliot/Mole/kisan wouldn't be there anyways.

Romanov formally wrote of our season, when we sold Velicka for buttons.Frail insults the fans, by stating we have players to cope.

I think between these 3, played 40 odd games, scoring 3 or 4 goals.

That return is nothing short of a joke !!!

We never sold Velicka, Kaunas did he was only on loan to Hearts, so Hearts couldn`t do a thing about it.

loveofthegame

Banks-6-No mistakes but nothing to do so give him the bog standard.

Neilson-6- Dunno what he did that was so bad yesterday. Tried to get forward when possible, no real mistakes.

Zali-6- Awful distribution and i dont think he's gd enough but came onto a game 2nd half. Part of a defence that kept a clean sheet, what more do you want?!

Berra-6- Again clean sheet and solid. Made up for Zali's walkabouts a few times first half.

Wallace-6- Didnt get involved enough but when he did was reasonable

Miko-7- MOTM. Only player to play any better than 'average.' Battled hard and tried to take the game to them.

Stewart-4- Wish he was half as good as he thinks he is. Heedless chicken

Ruben-5- Still think this guy flatters to deceive at times. Very very rarely offers anything cutting edge.

Kingston-6- Not one of his better games. Still definitely struggling a bit. Evidently more up for playing for Ghana than for Hearts. This was a game we really needed our only player of any class to play well, and he didnt offer much.

Chesney-2- Bottler. Was so excited when he eventually came back, but doesnt look up for the fight. Wasnt on for long but showed very little. Hope he was watching his compatriot on the other wing on how to fight/harrass/battle when things arent going your sides way

Elliot-6- Good first half. Some excellent touches and battled hard to create our only real chance of the game. Should have probably layed in Kingston but name me a striker in Britain who wouldnt have shot. People moan that he didnt jump but when you are playing up front on your own WTF is the point in jumping and winning a flick on for, eh, nobody to run onto... Tryin to stand his ground and win fouls or control the ball is the only way to play such a solo striker role. Some ppl on here know nothing about football.

Subs- Ksna****offhomevius- 0- awful. Too lightweight, no fight and just not very good. Id fancy my chances marking him, the tiniest little push etc and the ball is yours. Hope he doesnt play again. Should have been hooked back off instead of Elliot and should have gone 2 upfront.

Mole-2- Very little service in time he was on so hard to make a fair reflection.

Screpis- 2mins to go. Pointless commenting

A lot of 6's or thereabouts because imo that stands for 'average, not good but not bad.' That really sums up Sats performance from me. A boring uninspiring performance from a boring uninspiring group of players

jambostuart

Banks- 7 Never had much to do but commanded his box well and looked up for the fight

Neilson- 4 Looked poor and made a lot of mistakes.

Berra- 7 Made challenges when neccessary and did well with what little he had to deal with

Zaliukas- 5 Looked awkward on the ball and made a mess of a few clearances.

Wallace- 8 Partnered well with Miko and looked good going down the wing.

Kingston- 6 Tried hard but never looked great. Was caught in possession too easily

Stewart- 3 Gash

Cesnauskis- 4 Wasn't on for long enough

Palazuelos - 6 Made some good passes but didn't seem strong enough while challenging

Miko- 8 Had a good game. My MOTM.

Elliot- 3 Gash, but in fairness had no support.

SUBS

Ksanivicus- 3 Gash

Mole- 3 See Elliot

Screpis- Not going to rate as he had no time to make an impact

Banks - 5 Wasnt called upon to make any real saves of note.

Neilson - 5 Cant really remember too many panic moments, ran the ball out of play on the Wheatfield side, thats about the only criticism I have of him (he got pelters for it - Kingston did the VERY same thing and nothing was said....)

Zaliukas - 3 He aint no Karipidis thats for sure. Never feel safe with him on the ball.

Berra - 5 Again, did what was asked of him, no criticism of him, but nothing to really praise either.

Wallace - 5 As per Berra.

Chesney - N/A

Stewart - 1 Awful. Set peices are a waste of time as soon as he gets anywhere near them. Back to the kinda form that saw him bound for Easter Road.

Ruben - 5 Held the ball well, but no final product. Perhaps that says more about those playing around him than it does about him - but I think the comment about being the Spanish crab is about right.

Miko - 7 Best of a bad bunch by a long way. Looked determined and dare I say it, hungry.

Kingston - 3 Didnt look interested at all. If / when he leaves, cant say i'll miss him. Didnt have anything to offer at all.

Audrey - 0 Disgrace.

Elliot - 3 Another inept performance from clum. Out his depth, but wasnt helped out by the complete lack of support / service.

Mole - 3 Clum MkII

Screpis - N/A

0 for Neilson?

I know it doesn't make a great deal of difference to our season but he cleared a certain goal off the line and was otherwise solid, except from one bizarre touch infront of the Wheatfield. He was better than Wallace & Zaliukas but I don't see comments about Wallace saying GTF

How strange

Neilson - 5 Cant really remember too many panic moments, ran the ball out of play on the Wheatfield side, thats about the only criticism I have of him (he got pelters for it - Kingston did the VERY same thing and nothing was said....)

NAIL ON THE HEAD MATE!

Archived