The Return of Lee Wallace

Dalry

Ruben is suspended for the next 2 games so Wallace will play anyway.

Ruben is 2 cards away from a suspension so will be available for selection.

I see what you are saying but disagree.

Whilst Jim Jefferies needs to win games, he also needs to keep a squad happy. For the avoidance of doubt, Lee Wallace is our best left back, I just think we should ease him back in, for the benefit of his fitness and keeping Palazuelos involved as he is playing well at the moment.

As a football player, you don't expect to be dropped when playing really well. Palazuelos will know that Wallace will come back in, but he will be hoping to put that off for a wee while.

Sorry I just don't buy that Palazuelos isn't fully aware that when Wallace is fully fit again he'll be back out the team and challenging for a spot in the middle of the park. JJ will have made this clear to him from the outset.

Wallace is the best LB in the SPL and arguably the best Scottish LB at the moment. I can understand the reasoning behind the shouts for a transition but I don't agree with it. Would be silly going into big games without your best team on the park.

Eh?

rossthejambo

Eh?

Woops, obviously didn't read that quite as well as I thought :lol:

My point wasn't directly aimed at you btw, more a general point where people are saying that it will make Ruben disheartened and knock the team morale.

Woops, obviously didn't read that quite as well as I thought :lol:

My point wasn't directly aimed at you btw, more a general point where people are saying that it will make Ruben disheartened and knock the team morale.

:thumbsup:

You are wrong in your general point though. ;)

Wallace is our best player IMO, his form from about Christmas onwards in Csaba's first season was tremendous.

I'd have him straight back in the team at LB and make Ruben fight for a place in midfield. He'll be away at the end of the season anyway as he's never worth ?6k a week.

If Colin Pish had scored that chance on Saturday I'd have gone mental - Ruben was so slow in tracking back (and not for the first time in recent weeks).

I'd have him straight back in the team at LB and make Ruben fight for a place in midfield. He'll be away at the end of the season anyway as he's never worth ?6k a week.

That's a good point also, Ruben I'm sure would be a lot more comfortable in midfield, and that, IMO, is what he is. He's a squad player covering for the midfield or as it turned out the defence. Wallace needs to come back asap. Same thing happened for Man U when their top players such as Ferdinand were out, they just walked right back into the team after injury as they're the best players. Driver will be fighting to earn his place though, that's different.

Lee Wallace is Hearts 1st choice left back and the best left back in Scotland. When fit fully should walk back into his spot. Ruben has done a great job covering for him ,i think even he will now that and will go back to fighting for a midfield place. His good performances will not have went unnoticed in his quest for this.

It's the easiest decision in the world to make.

Wallace in.

Palazuelos out.

Ruben has been performing better than he was to begin with but positionally he still doesn't understand the role imo.

Tommy Wiseau

Ruben will play until form or suspension dictates otherwise. The guy has not put a foot wrong and to drop now would be criminal. If that were to happen there would be no incentive for any player to come into the team to claim a place. Wallace is a great player but there is absolutely nothing he could have done any better than Ruben during our recent form.

"Criminal"? :lol: This is reading like you're winding yourself up to get annoyed when Wallace inevitably comes back in.

What were you saying when Elliot dropped out of the side for Elliott, incidentally?

If ruben had shown to be a better player than Wallace I would agree with your statement.... but he hasnt.

I knew fitba fans were short of memories at times but to think ruben has done better than Wallace is a little laughable.

There's folk getting carried away with Ruben's form at left back. Good, yes, but good enough that he stays there while Wallace kicks his heels on the bench? Eh, naw. Lee Wallace is our best player, simple as that. Can you imagine Rangers leaving Kenny Miller out the side because Kirk Broadfoot had filled in well up front during an injury?

There are actually a couple of folk saying that Ruben should stay in the side until he costs us goals or makes a howler. Lunacy.

On current form what difference would have Wallace made to the team ? Christ we have lost 2 goals in 9 game or so. It is not about comparing the players as Wallace is clearly a better LB than Ruben. However you can't drop a player who has just had 2-3 months of top form.

Sorry, but it is about who the better player is. Wallace would have made a difference for sure - not defensively maybe, but going forward he would have strengthened us big time.

I've been sitting here looking at this for a while now, thinking: 'have I really been paying this little attention?'

Now that I think about it, this is actually right. How I've managed not to notice is still confusing me.

Don't worry, you're not the only one living a lie. I do find it confusing that people can make in depth posts about the tactical success of Palazuelos at left back when they don't know what position Skacel has been playing, though. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Would be criminal to drop Ruben, right enough.

:ninja:

Shocking from Ruben last night. How he missed that sitter before they scored I will never know. Don't even get me started on his back header or defending to let the boy in for his goal.

If wallace was playing we would have won 6-0. FACT. rolleyes.gif

Jambof3tornado

Lee is far too good a player to have to wait to get back in the starting lineup. If he's fit enough then play him!

Shocking from Ruben last night. How he missed that sitter before they scored I will never know. Don't even get me started on his back header or defending to let the boy in for his goal.

If wallace was playing we would have won 6-0. FACT. rolleyes.gif

Just a silly post. :vrface:

Last night proved we aren't good enough to be leaving out our best players.

Just a silly post. :vrface:

Last night proved we aren't good enough to be leaving out our best players.

No it proved our squad is not good enough, our home form is not good enough and the players were not switched on. Wallace would have made zero difference last night.

No it proved our squad is not good enough, our home form is not good enough and the players were not switched on. Wallace would have made zero difference last night.

:vrface:

I'll give you credit, you stick to your guns, regardless of how bizarre they might be.

The bizarreness started with the bumping of this thread after a bad result which Ruben was not at any more fault than the rest of the team.

Since Wallace is fit and did not play it seems JJ also agrees it would have been criminal to drop Ruben. Thommo I suggest you take it up with him. thumbsup.gif

The Treasurer

The bizarreness started with the bumping of this thread after a bad result which Ruben was not at any more fault than the rest of the team.

Since Wallace is fit and did not play it seems JJ also agrees it would have been criminal to drop Ruben. Thommo I suggest you take it up with him. thumbsup.gif

Wallace was due to play but was suffering from illness.

You're right though that Ruben was no more at fault than any other player

Wallace was due to play but was suffering from illness.

You're right though that Ruben was no more at fault than any other player

Being no more at fault than anyone else means you can expect to get a game ahead of arguably our best player? Madness.

(apologies if that's not what you meant btw)

wallace must come back in now. as well as being a solid defender, he's also an attacking threat. more so than palazuelos... who doesn't deserve any criticism or to be dropped.

i hope JJ takes the bull by the horns and replaces ruben with wallace. hopefully for his own peace of mind ruben will understand the situation. he can still compete for a place in midfield. whether he likes it or not is neither here nor there though.

there's no place for pussy footing about.

The Treasurer

Being no more at fault than anyone else means you can expect to get a game ahead of arguably our best player? Madness.

(apologies if that's not what you meant btw)

That's not what I meant but no need to apologise thumbsup.gif

Ruben has done well in an unfamiliar position but Lee is arguably the best LB in the country so of course he should play when available.

Harsh on Ruben, but the team has to come first

That's not what I meant but no need to apologise thumbsup.gif

Ruben has done well in an unfamiliar position but Lee is arguably the best LB in the country so of course he should play when available.

Harsh on Ruben, but the team has to come first

I reckon he is the best full back in Scotland, I don't see anyone better than him.

He is:

1. Not match fit;

2. Had a bug and was unable to play on Tuesday

Surprised you didn't know this. :whistling:

He is:

1. Not match fit;

2. Had a bug and was unable to play on Tuesday

Surprised you didn't know this. :whistling:

1. Cruised through a friendly last week and the only way he is going to get fit is by playing him.

2. You would be surprised how little I know. teehee.gif

I stand by comment that it would be wrong to drop Ruben after the way he was playing. The way the team played on Tuesday gives JJ all the ammunition he needs to make changes.

Archived