Obua versus St Midden

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Just to say that I thought he looked pretty handy as an attacking threat against St Midden when he came on. He won his headers and had three shots on goal (I think). For a first game back after longish term injury, i thought he looked sharp and hungry (well anyone that skinny must be right enough) and he was unlucky that two of his on target and hard shots were blocked by a resolute Midden defence.

welcome back to the squad Obua.

:thumbsup:

Just to say that I thought he looked pretty handy as an attacking threat against St Midden when he came on. He won his headers and had three shots on goal (I think). For a first game back after longish term injury, i thought he looked sharp and hungry (well anyone that skinny must be right enough) and he was unlucky that twpo of his on target and hard shots were blocked by a resolute Midden defence.

Yep, hopefully he was being put in the shop window. :smiliz23:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Yep, hopefully he was being put in the shop window. :smiliz23:

I would like to see us bring in a box to box central-attacking midfielder in his place too but... As long as that is the sort of effort and threat he will give us until he moves on then... he is absolutely fine with me. :)

I would like to see us bring in a box to box central-attacking midfielder in his place too but... As long as that is the sort of effort and threat he will give us until he moves on then... he is absolutely fine with me. :)

JJ and his team deserve so much credit for getting something out of Obua, a player who was a gutless chancer under Laszlo.

Just another sign of how important having a proper manager is.

He is a technically sound player, rarely does the wrong thing with the ball and would give us a lot more in this present team brimming with confidence. He just needs a run now :smiliz64:

JJ and his team deserve so much credit for getting something out of Obua, a player who was a gutless chancer under Laszlo.

His performance against Rangers still shows he is gutless.He must be the next one we should get rid off.Overpaid,cheaper and better options to be foundin todays market.

His performance against Rangers still shows he is gutless.He must be the next one we should get rid off.Overpaid,cheaper and better options to be foundin todays market.

Not sure that the guy was fit for the Rangers game, so you may be being a bit harsh.

His career will have peaked at Hearts. No-one is going to take him on at the money that he is currently on. So like Nade and Kingston, he'll be here until his contract runs out.

Think that's very harsh. He wasn't fully fit and was being asked to play as a wing back, a role even I know he's not suitable for.

If he can perform like he did in the last 10-15 minutes of the match last night on a regular basis he'll be good for us.

Lest we forget his 90th minute winner at Easter Road

Looked decent enough when he came on, tidy and got on the end of a few things. Some will never give the lad a break tho.

I know its not the right thread but I was very impressed with Novi, I think we have a real gem there.

to be fair, he's not the only player to fit that description under csaba (among other recent managers)

He is a technically sound player, rarely does the wrong thing with the ball and would give us a lot more in this present team brimming with confidence. He just needs a run now :smiliz64:

I agree. I have always thought that David has it in him to be a good player but to give him a run means dropping someone ! He may come in for KK when he gets suspended but that is hardly a run.

It's a very nice dilemna for JJ to have.

Snake Plissken

Think that's very harsh. He wasn't fully fit and was being asked to play as a wing back, a role even I know he's not suitable for.

If he can perform like he did in the last 10-15 minutes of the match last night on a regular basis he'll be good for us.

Lest we forget his 90th minute winner at Easter Road

Or his quite superb MotM performance in the derby prior to that.

Good option to fling on for the final few minutes and to deputise for Kyle when injured/suspended.

I don't like him and I hope he leaves next month to make way for a decent player.

If JJ can get him to play like he did last night and like he did in the derby at the leith dan giro, then i say he is a useful squad player, perhaps with a run in the team he can develop into a sellable asset..?

Drylaw Hearts

If JJ can get him to play like he did last night and like he did in the derby at the leith dan giro, then i say he is a useful squad player, perhaps with a run in the team he can develop into a sellable asset..?

He's guff.

He just not good enough to get a run in the team.

Maroon Memories

Just to say that I thought he looked pretty handy as an attacking threat against St Midden when he came on. He won his headers and had three shots on goal (I think). For a first game back after longish term injury, i thought he looked sharp and hungry (well anyone that skinny must be right enough) and he was unlucky that two of his on target and hard shots were blocked by a resolute Midden defence.

He should have scored though. if it was 0-0 at that stage he would have been castrated on here :smiliz57:

I don't like him and I hope he leaves next month to make way for a decent player.

And you hate Big Zal.

You should give him a chance. He does his best and always plays with a smile on his face.

Drylaw Hearts

And you hate Big Zal.

I hated Zal's attitude and constant mistakes.

However....it appears a proper football Manager has sorted out both these issues.

You should give him a chance. He does his best and always plays with a smile on his face.

He's been here over years ffs.

He's shit.

He's guff.

He just not good enough to get a run in the team.

how many of our current squad have you said the same about ?

Obua is a decent option to have.

Drylaw Hearts

how many of our current squad have you said the same about ?

Obua is a decent option to have.

Kello

Balogh

Bouzid

Kucharski

Black

Mrowiec

Clum

Suso

Obua

Ruben

Zal

Have all, quite rightly so, had an internet arse booting from me.

Obua won't be here next season because he doesn't offer enough.

Kello

Balogh

Bouzid

Kucharski

Black

Mrowiec

Clum

Suso

Obua

Ruben

Zal

Have all, quite rightly so, had an internet arse booting from me.

Obua won't be here next season because he doesn't offer enough.

Agree with that,

Miller Jambo 60

I agree, busby would have laughed at him in training.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Let's wait and see how much JJ really rates Obua.

I think JJ was genuinely surprised at how good Obua is when he took over and I think he rates him very highly... Are you working off a hunch?

Miller Jambo 60

I think JJ was genuinely surprised at how good Obua is when he took over and I think he rates him very highly... Are you working off a hunch?

Keith he bottles too many Tackles, you ok

Their captain said the complete opposite from you.

Sorry Mothy, i don't think your drunk at 14.21 hours, but how can you possibly rate this guy in SPL football. He aint suited to it, perhaps Quatar in the 45 degree heat but that's all.

He had a chance but took three and a half days to get the ball under control, chance gone.

My verdict... Punt him!

Miller Jambo 60

Im good Dougal... How's yourself?

He is an asset in attack mate. :)

Im fine mate , just think he looks nervous all the time, need to catch upthumbsup.gif

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Sorry Mothy, i don't think your drunk at 14.21 hours, but how can you possibly rate this guy in SPL football. He aint suited to it, perhaps Quatar in the 45 degree heat but that's all.

He had a chance but took three and a half days to get the ball under control, chance gone.

My verdict... Punt him!

I'm tipsy!

Still rate him as an attacking option though. His two chances with his feet were well blocked by an "everyone behind the ball" St Midden defence but both looked hard and on target.

I would gladly swap him for an attacking central midfielder of good quality but i think he is more than good enough to do a job for us when called upon just now.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Im fine mate , just think he looks nervous all the time, need to catch upthumbsup.gif

Tried to send you a PM but your inbox must be full... Clear it bud!

He isnae perfect mate, no arguments there but I think he does a job and that we will see the best of him yet.

Decent player or not he (reportedly) earns too much for doing too little. So the cold hard facts are he's got to be moved on if at all possible.

Looked good when he came on.

But I'm going to have to agree with DH here. He's not very good.

Will still love him for his performance (and goal) in the latter two derbies of last season.

portobellojambo1

I agree with both DH and FJ.

He performed the basics well last night, having come on when the game was all but over. However, I still don't think either he or Calum Elliot are good enough to be considered as the sort of fringe players the present squad needs to call on. There are better out there, and the present management squad are the right sort of team to go out and get them. Either, preferably both, C Elliot and Obua should be moved on if possible during this window, and replacements sought

As I said above, I have no criticism of what he did last night, it was just the basics that had to be done, and he managed that. However, the thought of either he or Calum Elliot coming in as replacement should Kevin Kyle pick up a suspension is pretty frightening.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I agree with both DH and FJ.

He performed the basics well last night, having come on when the game was all but over. However, I still don't think either he or Calum Elliot are good enough to be considered as the sort of fringe players the present squad needs to call on. There are better out there, and the present management squad are the right sort of team to go out and get them. Either, preferably both, C Elliot and Obua should be moved on if possible during this window, and replacements sought

As I said above, I have no criticism of what he did last night, it was just the basics that had to be done, and he managed that. However, the thought of either he or Calum Elliot coming in as replacement should Kevin Kyle pick up a suspension is pretty frightening.

Completely understand where you are coming from PJ but...

*Obua has done well since getting a game under JJ.

*Elliot is up there with our top goal-scorers right now with far fewer games than those above him.

Listen guys, I am not the agent of these two chaps but... I think we should always give credit where it is due.

J Cheever Loophole

My verdict... Punt him!

Agree totally but it seemed longer watching from right behind the goal.I wanted him to take the chance,for the team and for himself but I was'nt surprised

when he froze.

:what:

Agree totally but it seemed longer watching from right behind the goal.I wanted him to take the chance,for the team and for himself but I was'nt surprised

when he froze.

Was that Novi's deep hanging cross?

If it was then personally I'd cut the guy some slack. The ball wasn't whipped in with pace where he good maybe launch his head at it, but rather dropped down on top of him out the sky, possibly even out of the glare of the floodlights ?

jamboinglasgow

Looked decent enough when he came on, tidy and got on the end of a few things. Some will never give the lad a break tho.

I know its not the right thread but I was very impressed with Novi, I think we have a real gem there.

Completely agree about Novikovas, looks like he is starting to really get used to the senior game and that is great news as he can produce magic just like Templeton.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Completely agree about Novikovas, looks like he is starting to really get used to the senior game and that is great news as he can produce magic just like Templeton.

Looked good against Aberdeen and has looked far more dangerous overall since JJ came in.

Decent player or not he (reportedly) earns too much for doing too little. So the cold hard facts are he's got to be moved on if at all possible.

So which is it? Reportedly or cold hard facts? You can't have 'em both :nono:

Archived