Free Beans!

Creepy Lurker

The People's Chimp

I was astounded by the fact I could walk up to a pie stand and get served within 1 minute. They have this weird thing about actually staffing their pie stand above one teenager with counting difficulties and pre-pouring the hot drinks in time for people coming into the stand.

Also, the fact the bovril was pre-poured meant that it was actually at a drinkable temperature by the time I got to my seat.

Creepy Lurker

Talking about missing games this season?

Really? :laugh:

Talking about baked beans?

stirlingshirejambo

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Talking about baked beans?

Yes food service and standard was good.

Would imagine there were more fans than anticipated so they coped well.

Laddie loved the addittion of free beans :thumbsup:

Creepy Lurker

I for one enjoyed them so much that I had baked beans as part of my lunch today, bro.

The People's Chimp

I for one enjoyed them so much that I had baked beans as part of my lunch today, bro.

I hope you kept the rest of the world informed of this development in your daily list of foods in the shed. Given your previous propensity for starting threads about pineapples or fish suppers (possibly) you've managed to do it on the sly so far, but this beans thread has outed you IMO.

Miller Jambo 60

I hope you kept the rest of the world informed of this development in your daily list of foods in the shed. Given your previous propensity for starting threads about pineapples or fish suppers (possibly) you've managed to do it on the sly so far, but this beans thread has outed you IMO.

Beans,wots this aboot, think i have swine fllu, keep seeing pigs

OOOOOFT!

They have this weird thing about actually staffing their pie stand above one teenager with counting difficulties and pre-pouring the hot drinks in time for people coming into the stand.

This is a true story from a match at Tynecastle, which shows the staff up for being absolteuly useless.

I ask for a capri sun and a pie. Prices at (cant remember exactly) ?1.30 and ?1.40.

"That'll be ?3.30 please"

"Have your prices gone up from whats on the board?"

"No, why?"

"Becuase ?1.30 and ?1.40 makes ?2.70"

At which point, rather than just work it out in his head the boy presses away at some buttons in the till mubmles sorry and then tries to charge me ?3.50. After a discussion with his "supervisor" who also couldn't work out the math in her head he decided to ask me how much it should be again.

Muppets!!!

This is a true story from a match at Tynecastle, which shows the staff up for being absolteuly useless.

I ask for a capri sun and a pie. Prices at (cant remember exactly) ?1.30 and ?1.40.

"No, why?"

At which point, rather than just work it out in his head the boy presses away at some buttons in the till mubmles sorry and then tries to charge me ?3.50. After a discussion with his "supervisor" who also couldn't work out the math in her head he decided to ask me how much it should be again.

Muppets!!!

sums most of them up tbf

Stupid Sexy Flanders

... who also couldn't work out the math in her head ...

Maths.

But yes, I agree with your post, had something similar happen once when I had to work out how much I was to be charged, and also how much change I was to get back.

...a bit disco

sums most of them up tbf

Asked for a Bovril, received a large cold fizzy juice?!

Nae difference likesay!

Guest John Meurig Thomas

"No, why?"

Muppets!!!

Not everyone's fantastic at mental arithmetic like you, you genius. Lay off the poor bloke next time.

Not everyone's fantastic at mental arithmetic like you, you genius. Lay off the poor bloke next time.

That reminds me of the time one ignoramus didn't believe my theorem: All positive integers are equal.

Proof: Sufficient to show that for any two positive integers, A and B, A = B.

Further, it is sufficient to show that for all N > 0, if A and B (positive integers) satisfy (MAX(A, B ) = N) then A = B.

Proceed by induction.

If N = 1, then A and B, being positive integers, must both be 1. So A = B.

Assume that the theorem is true for some value k. Take A and B with MAX(A, B ) = k+1. Then MAX((A-1), (B-1)) = k. And hence (A-1) = (B-1). Consequently, A = B.

LOLZ

...a bit disco

That reminds me of the time one ignoramus didn't believe my theorem: All positive integers are equal.

Proof: Sufficient to show that for any two positive integers, A and B, A = B.

Further, it is sufficient to show that for all N > 0, if A and B (positive integers) satisfy (MAX(A, B) = N) then A = B.

Proceed by induction.

If N = 1, then A and B, being positive integers, must both be 1. So A = B.

Assume that the theorem is true for some value k. Take A and B with MAX(A, B) = k+1. Then MAX((A-1), (B-1)) = k. And hence (A-1) = (B-1). Consequently, A = B.

LOLZ

So, proof positive that it WAS ?2.70 then???:ninja:

Guest Dr. Pepper

u mad? ?1.30 for a Capri Sun?

:facepalm:

?1.70 for a 4 pack in Tescos

scott herbertson

u mad? ?1.30 for a Capri Sun?

:facepalm:

?1.70 for a 4 pack in Tescos

You can refill your empties in the bogs for zero! Wouldn't taste any different and would warm you up

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Aye, but only after I got rid of they boys with the glasses on.

Tell you what man, I've just spent about 30 minutes trying to work out why what you posted is wrong without Googling it. Now I'm late for the pub. I still haven't completely got my head around it though I have an idea.

Creepy Lurker

It seems like you've realised that I'm me but also think that I'm someone else. This interests me.

I did keep everyone informed about the baked beans, btw. Bought them at Morrison's at the Gyle specially, managed to avoid seeing any unsavoury characters there though.

Johanes de Silentio

It seems like you've realised that I'm me but also think that I'm someone else. This interests me.

I did keep everyone informed about the baked beans, btw. Bought them at Morrison's at the Gyle specially, managed to avoid seeing any unsavoury characters there though.

Ah, it is you! :thumbsup:

Coffee beans - piping hot? :thumbsup:

there could be something in that. the old 'nescafe shuffle' is oft seen at the football right enough.

i wonder if anyone's done that with some baked beans by mistake.

Creepy Lurker

How's uni going?

Not too badly, had to drop Philosophy as I'll be doing joint honours History and French and have to take two History modules next semester. Bit of a shitter, but there you go.

Hopefully spending next year in France as an English language assistant. :thumbsup:

I'm depressed reading this!:(

We used to be mental!

I hope that you're not suggesting that there's something un-mental about enjoying a nice plate of baked beans on a cold December evening.

who the flying **** would have beans at a football match?

Who the flying **** would turn down free beans in any given situation?

Johanes de Silentio

Not too badly, had to drop Philosophy as I'll be doing joint honours History and French and have to take two History modules next semester. Bit of a shitter, but there you go.

Hopefully spending next year in France as an English language assistant. :thumbsup:

Guid stuff - shame you had to drop the philosophy, but you've got to do what you've got to do.

Bon courage!

:thumbsup:

I hope that you're not suggesting that there's something un-mental about enjoying a nice plate of baked beans on a cold December evening.

Who the flying **** would turn down free beans in any given situation?

thank you for inspiring me to have beans a la victoriana. baked beans with a large infusion of tomato puree added and an eye watering measure of chili powder.

thankfully i'm not at the football, now or tomorrow.

Tell you what man, I've just spent about 30 minutes trying to work out why what you posted is wrong without Googling it. Now I'm late for the pub. I still haven't completely got my head around it though I have an idea.

What are you? A complete ******? It is blindingly obvious.

The Future's Maroon

What a fantastic thread....on, beans!!

On a side note, has anyone every had fried beans with their fry-up or even heard of it?

Jack Torrance

What a fantastic thread....on, beans!!

On a side note, has anyone every had fried beans with their fry-up or even heard of it?

Every time mate. I used to be a saucepan man but haven't looked back since. Best fried in bacon fat.

The Future's Maroon

Every time mate. I used to be a saucepan man but haven't looked back since. Best fried in bacon fat.

Thank ****! The amount of times I have mentioned it to folk and they think I am at the wind-up!!

Archived