Smacked in the head at game tonight!

KilbrideJambo

I remember Davie Kirkwood hitting a guy right in the coupon with a volley during a warmup at Tynie...Must've been around 1990. Knocked the poor guy flying on his arse! He struggled to get up from it like a boxer on the end of a hard right hand blow.

Kirkwood vaulted the fence in his boots and onto the terrace to help him to his feet.

I remember the crowds reaction at the Steve Kirk one.

Incredible scenes.

I remember that too.

As you know, that was totally different and he did that maliciously due to the flack he was getting. I was in my old stand season ticket seat at the time and still remember watching the father of the girl bolting down the stairs to try and get on the pitch to lamp him.

He should have got a real bollocking for that one, if ever a player was doing something that could incite a riot, that was it. Forget your strip twirling or small gestures, this could have kicked off.

I remember that too.

As you know, that was totally different and he did that maliciously due to the flack he was getting. I was in my old stand season ticket seat at the time and still remember watching the father of the girl bolting down the stairs to try and get on the pitch to lamp him.

He should have got a real bollocking for that one, if ever a player was doing something that could incite a riot, that was it. Forget your strip twirling or small gestures, this could have kicked off.

Yip. It was a cray thing to do. Something that always made me put him down as a **** from then on.

If an opposing player had done that to my daughter I would have been on the park in an instant. Poor show from the dad imo.

Signed: uber dad.

I remember that too.

That was possibly my first Hearts match and that is the reason that I remember it.

Did he not get a big ban for that or is that just my memory playing up on me?

He's 15 (and 6'2!) but it would be lovely for him to get something!

At that age, you would think he would know how to head the ball :D

That was possibly my first Hearts match and that is the reason that I remember it.

I don't think so. I think he apologised to the girl via contacting the club the following day. I amy be wrong but I think he got away with it.

I didn't like Steve Kirk before then but that really rankled with me and to be honest, still annoys me.

Valentine Jambo

Remember a game at Tynie when we were playing the sheep. John Hewitt hit me on the head with the ball behind the goals at the school end with a shot during the warm up. Remember also a fat Mixu playing for Dundee Utd against us at Tynie and charging in on goal nearly taking the fence with him and landing right on top of me. Ouch! :unsure:

I'm pretty sure he went to court for doing it. It was so bad and so obvious that the police got involved and charged him.

Just speaking from memory, but I'm sure that's what happened.

Johanes de Silentio

The club got in touch with us today and are arranging some tickets for us - well done Hearts we are appreciative. :thumbsup:

Fantastic!

The club got in touch with us today and are arranging some tickets for us - well done Hearts we are appreciative. :thumbsup:

Good show from the club.

Archived