Smacked in the head at game tonight!

KilbrideJambo

KilbrideJambo

Got into the ground 15 minutes early and my son got smacked on the head with a ball blasted by Ryan Stevenson during the warm up! Spent next 40 minutes in first aid room with Doctor and St Andrews first aid team. After throwing and swelling up, released with eye patch banadage and saw rest of game! Stevenson came over a copuple of times to see he was ok and apologise - fair play to the guy. Now home with shiner and broken specs....poor Euan!

Johanes de Silentio

Got into the ground 15 minutes early and my son got smacked on the head with a ball blasted by Ryan Stevenson during the warm up! Spent next 40 minutes in first aid room with Doctor and St Andrews first aid team. After throwing and swelling up, released with eye patch banadage and saw rest of game! Stevenson came over a copuple of times to see he was ok and apologise - fair play to the guy. Now home with shiner and broken specs....poor Euan!

Hope the wee man's all right! :thumbsup:

Kalamazoo Jambo

Ouch - hope he feels better soon :thumbsup:

BTW, you and your son have some good wishes on another thread too...

Link

Nightmare, Hope the wee guys ok a game he wont ever forget. I am sure Ryan will do the right thing and arrange for his top to be sent to your son.

ouch! hope your boys ok.

i know how that feels, my head was on the end of an ex Hearts players rocket when we were 11 (he could belt it at that age as well) and it knocked me clean out

How old is your son?

Stevo should have given him his strip and maybe a tattoo voucher or something.

"Sorry about your face, wee man. As way of apology, I've arranged for you to get a snake inked onto your throat."

Ouch.\hope he isnt in too much pain..Hope he has spare specs.. A used to be poster on here got wallowed in the face in Inverness, blood everywhere. Dont think he knew anything about the game

Get on the blower to Hearts, ask if your son can be the mascot at the derby this w/e.........maybe they'll chuck you a new strip for him too :thumbsup:

KilbrideJambo

How old is your son?

He's 15 (and 6'2!) but it would be lovely for him to get something!

I was sitting just along from it and saw it happen. Looked a sore one and I saw him coming back with the eyepatch. Glad he's ok. :thumbsup:

Glad to hear your boys ok! I watched RS hitting the wayward shot then your boy taking it full pelt on the side of his head, poor guy never seen it comming. Glad he seen the game out & another good win.

KilbrideJambo

if i knew how to upload a photograph i would let you see the war wound (help please?) - being the concerned father i did of course ensure it was photographed! :thumbsup:

if i knew how to upload a photograph i would let you see the war wound (help please?) - being the concerned father i did of course ensure it was photographed! :thumbsup:

Photobucket or some such. quite easy once you get into it.

Now that you've mentioned it, it has to be posted.

North Berwick Jambo

Photobucket or some such. quite easy once you get into it.

Now that you've mentioned it, it has to be posted.

:worthless_thread:

Hope Euan is okay and you can be certain that Ryan didn't mean it!

Have doubts about hitting a barn door!!!

Typical kickback. A cracking win for the Hearts tonight and all some fans want to do is come home, log on to kickback and have a moan...... :whistling:

To be fair to your lad, he was facing along the stand and the ball caught him about the temple/eye socket area without him having the chance to avoid it.

Looked a real sore one.

I was sitting just along from it and saw it happen. Looked a sore one and I saw him coming back with the eyepatch. Glad he's ok. :thumbsup:

I remember seeing that, looked a right sore one! Hope yer son is okay now bud.

was sitting a few rows back and thought it looked a sore one! glad he's ok though! :thumbsup:

To be fair to your lad, he was facing along the stand and the ball caught him about the temple/eye socket area without him having the chance to avoid it.

Looked a real sore one.

Definitely a sore one. :thumbsup:

KilbrideJambo

Definitely a sore one. :thumbsup:

Good work Scott! Packed off to bed now with eye patch removed. :banghead:

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Hope hes okay mate, i feel his pain, jankauskas wrapped me right in the puss at the gorgie end a few seasons ago, all i got was a sorry and a handshake!!

Better call Saul

Took one for the team !

Dam proud of him ! bestwishes.gif

How old is your son?

seen Suso give a strip to a kid he hit with a ball at the Gorgie end, true Gent IMO

Seymour M Hersh

Hope Euan is okay and you can be certain that Ryan didn't mean it!

Have doubts about hitting a barn door!!!

Very true cm. If he'd meant to hit the lad it would probably have flashed into the net! :whistling:

Guest GhostHunter

I remember either Elliot or Pospisil taking one full in the head from skacel at Dundee United during the warmup.

Looked a sore one too.

Sorry, I forgot to log on to Kickback to have a moan the minute it happened.

:teehee:

That aside - I hope those at the club READING THIS THREAD do the decent thing and get Ryan to send him a girlfriend or something of equal value.

:D

Diadora Van Basten

This kind of thing should not be happening, a bit of basic engineering and you could have nets held up by poles that are vertical for the warm up to protect the fans that could then be lowered in ten seconds flat to horizontal once the game starts.

I will get the lego out and send my completed prototype to Hearts.

Many moons ago Bobby Prentice hit the ball during the warm up and it walloped a police man, Prentice bolted but Malky Robertson and a few others soon pointed hin out..mans hat went in opposite direction from him... :santa1:

:lol: :lol:

Ahem, I mean eh... poor lad.

One seriously has to question what kind of parent would allow his or her child to be smacked on the head by a football. Surely more vigilance on your part would have allowed you to throw yourself in front of him and take one in his place.

Poor parenting IMO dry.gif

p.s Hope he's ok!

I remember a game about 15 years ago when cowardly Falkirk player and serial thigh-*******, Stevie Kirk deliberately blasted a ball into the Wheatfield Stand hitting a poor wee lassie square in the face, not far from where I was sitting.

Last season Bouzid gave his top away to a bird who was hit in the face with a water bottle he kicked in frustration.

I remember a game about 15 years ago when cowardly Falkirk player and serial thigh-*******, Stevie Kirk deliberately blasted a ball into the Wheatfield Stand hitting a poor wee lassie square in the face, not far from where I was sitting.

Carl Finnigan did the same thing a couple of seasons ago, right into Section N.

KilbrideJambo

I remember either Elliot or Pospisil taking one full in the head from skacel at Dundee United during the warmup.

Looked a sore one too.

:teehee:

That aside - I hope those at the club READING THIS THREAD do the decent thing and get Ryan to send him a girlfriend or something of equal value.

:D

Noone "moaning" here Dex - merely an information service...!

Do the club really read such threads? It is Out of Office replys to emails all round at Tynie just now.

Was he not playing for Motherwell at the time. Crowd went ape though.

Can remember Eamonn Bannon taking a wee laddie out during the warm-up at Lossiemouth before a pre-season friendly.

Looked a sore one too.

It was Jankauskas, and there were lots of people moaning about it.

:lol:

KilbrideJambo

The club got in touch with us today and are arranging some tickets for us - well done Hearts we are appreciative. :thumbsup:

Brian Whittaker's Tache

The club got in touch with us today and are arranging some tickets for us - well done Hearts we are appreciative. :thumbsup:

What about the ?300 Armani glasses he was wearing?

Where there's blame there's a claim!!

Archived