Hearts fans touting to other Hearts fans

Roy Croppers Handbag

Roy Croppers Handbag

Opinions?

Me personally if I had a Cup Final ticket V Hibs it would be sold at face value to another Hearts fan, what is everyone elses thoughts?

I remember a pub conversation about how much you would be willing to pay for a ticket if your club were in a European final. Everyone was saying things like ?250 or ?500. then the Celtic fan at the table said in all seriousness "if Celtic were in a final and there were spare tickets outside the ground I would get one for free from a Celtic fan as that's the way we are"

Once we'd stopped laughing we pointed out the Champions League match against Blackburn when they were selling forgeries to each other. Which of course he denied.

OP is a mercenary, imo. I'd be giving the ticket away for free, slipping the buyer a fiver for his trouble and offering him a shot on my granny and all. True Jambo, me.

:geek:

Victor Meldrew

I'd sell it to another Jambo at face value. Until this thread, it had never crossed my mind that any of us would try to make a profit selling tickets to fellow Hearts fans.

Guess I must be a dick by wanting to make some form of compensation for myself for not being able to make the game myself. If it was a spare it would be face value and if it was just a league game, depending on how financially flush I was it might even be less.

Opinions?

Me personally if I had a Cup Final ticket V Hibs it would be sold at face value to another Hearts fan, what is everyone elses thoughts?

why?

I'd sell it to another Jambo at face value. Until this thread, it had never crossed my mind that any of us would try to make a profit selling tickets to fellow Hearts fans.

Don't think it matters who they support,some people would sell their soul to make a few quid.

On the other hand I've got a ticket for saturdays game from a friend for nowt in the old stand,good times :thumbsup:

I had never thought about it either and I think that we have a sh** string thread of the blue color

Miller Jambo 60

If it was a genuine jambo - face value.

A little scumbag 'supporter' - as much as i could get.

A glory hunter, double the price.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I remember a pub conversation about how much you would be willing to pay for a ticket if your club were in a European final. Everyone was saying things like ?250 or ?500. then the Celtic fan at the table said in all seriousness "if Celtic were in a final and there were spare tickets outside the ground I would get one for free from a Celtic fan as that's the way we are"

Once we'd stopped laughing we pointed out the Champions League match against Blackburn when they were selling forgeries to each other. Which of course he denied.

I heard a story about a Euro game at Parkhead, where one Tim walked up to another outside the ground before the game and asked him if he was going. The second Tim said he was, the first responded by taking a knife out of his pocket and saying "not anymore you're not!" and relieving him of his ticket.

No idea if it's true or not obviously, but tbh I like to think it is!

If I couldn't make it to a league game, I'd give my season ticket away for free for the game. If I'd bought a ticket and then couldn't make it, I'd sell for face value.

Face value to anyone who was genuinely interested in going. If I had a season ticket I'd probably give it to someone for free.

Rudolf's Mate

Face unless it was a mate then it would likely be free. Any games I've flown up for I've always bought a spare for another mate who has hardly ever used it. Its resulted in me actually giving it away but inly because I couldn't be bothered trying to actually flog it!

Bought my 2006 final ticket outside Hampden for ?150 but it was worth it to see us lift the cup

Really? From a jambo or a tout? I gave my ticket away that day, but I couldn't go and it was my dad's mate who needed it so a bit different. Face value at any other time though.

If I lets someone use my ST I'd expect a couple of pints in return. Is that bad of me?

Na, in all fairness I wouldn't be asking for money off them if I loaned it out but I would like to think that the other person would be kind enough to offer something be it a few quid or a couple of drinks.

If they didn't I probably wouldn't offer it to them again. :whistling:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

If I was to give away my 2 season tickets for the forthcoming Derby game then I would be expecting more than a couple of pints from the lucky recipients.

Victor Meldrew

Bought my 2006 final ticket outside Hampden for ?150 but it was worth it to see us lift the cup

Should have gone for the Club hospitality package - for the same price we got good seats, coach through to Glasgow and back together with a decent lunch and loads of booze. Sorted.

Opinions?

If a stranger offered you ?500 for your ticket you would tell him to just give you face value?

Everybody loves Baz

Happens all the time on our Supporters Bus, free ST going for one reason or another and i can't recall the person who couldn't make it ever charging for the use of their ST ?

Na, in all fairness I wouldn't be asking for money off them if I loaned it out but I would like to think that the other person would be kind enough to offer something be it a few quid or a couple of drinks.

If they didn't I probably wouldn't offer it to them again. :whistling:

As regards a CF ticket.

Well assuming the person wasn't stoney broke I'd expect them to come up with the dosh WITHOUT needing to be asked !

The ST is a bit different though, if only because the money has long since been forgotten about, but I'd like the think the person would return the favour some how.

The GF recently worked beside a chap ( Jambo ) who, knowing I was of the faith, entrusted me with his for game that he couldn't make. I brought along a mate who used the ticket and he stuffed a ?10 inside it ready for the GF to hand back on the Monday. :thumbsup:

Happens all the time on our Supporters Bus, free ST going for one reason or another and i can't recall the person who couldn't make it ever charging for the use of their ST ?

Not mine mate :whistling:

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Same here.

If a stranger offered you ?500 for your ticket you would tell him to just give you face value?

Tricky one ?

The obvious answers yes :whistling:

but if the guy told you his story and it turns out he's maybe travelled 1/2 way round the world to

see the famous, arriving at Glasgow airport at 2pm and unable to find his old mates who had

kept him a ticket?

That would be heart warming................and I'd let him have it for ?250

Everybody loves Baz

Not mine mate :whistling:

Al, i know for a fact if you gave somebody a go of your ST cause you couldn't make it you wouldn't want anything for it, you wouldn't say no if you were offered something, but that's different :whistling:

I'm getting Karens ST for Amy Jane for the Derby, she's not asking anything for it but I'M giving money to Mark as i'm getting the tocket as part of Amys birthday present so i insisted to Mark i pay for it. Even if Mark gets Karen a few bottles of wine of the cash :thumbsup:

Al, i know for a fact if you gave somebody a go of your ST cause you couldn't make it you wouldn't want anything for it, you wouldn't say no if you were offered something, but that's different :whistling:

I'm getting Karens ST for Amy Jane for the Derby, she's not asking anything for it but I'M giving money to Mark as i'm getting the tocket as part of Amys birthday present so i insisted to Mark i pay for it. Even if Mark gets Karen a few bottles of wine of the cash :thumbsup:

Good lad :thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth

Always face value to another Hearts fan.

Very much this if I've paid for the ticket, however I've never once asked for money or anything for my season ticket when I've given it to someone because I can't make it, I'm just happy that someone is getting the use of it. :thumbsup:

Beats has very kindly given me the use of his season ticket a couple of times this season as his shifts worked out poorly for him, he's a star! :thumbsup:

In a total nightmare moment in 06' I organised 16 tickets for all my mates and add on Jambos going to the Cup Final I get to the station with all the tickets only to realise there is 17 of us and some t1t didnt let me know his mate was going and wouldnt own up (didnt have the emails to hand obviously).

Anyway one of my mates who was just tagging along and not a Jambo decided not to go to cover it however i felt bad so made a couple of calls and thanks to a Jambo friend of a friend I got an extra one for face value.

It was in the section right next to Gretna fans and was a single seat but I felt responsible so took the ticket and sat on my own.

Have to say its f%$?ing murder when your not with all your mates and surrounded by families as you look like a total looney when your going off your head and none of your mates are there to tell you to shut it :santa1:

Guest juvehearts

One of my old footballing mates on FB was desperate for a ticket for saturday's game vs the wee team

im in corporate & have my ST sitting there doing SFA, He managed to get some plum down to ?50 for his spare ticket.

He still thinks he is giving me ?30 for it, im not having it, he is getting it for SFA, because it sitting there doing nothing.

If it was a total stranger or a complete bawbag it would be sold to the highest bidder, its just the rule. He is a genuine jambo & a decent guy, didnt even cross my mind to ask anything for it.

it is the season of goodwill & that

what i really hate is bawbags standing outside gorgie road asking for over face value for a spare ticket, when the decent thing to do is give the ticket away for free

ive seen people stand on gorgie road before with their hand in the air just giving their ticket away coz its spare.

people now a days are money grabbin barstwards just imo ofcoruce

juve

If it was a total stranger or a complete bawbag it would be sold to the highest bidder, its just the rule.

what i really hate is bawbags standing outside gorgie road asking for over face value for a spare ticket, when the decent thing to do is give the ticket away for free

What is the difference between these situations?

Roy Croppers Handbag

Stupid post.

I wouldn't sell my ticket for a Derby for 500 quid, I'd rather go to it.

I hate touts. moreso in music than football.

I work away six months a year and my auld man usually gives my ticket to someone in the ticket queue if theyre on their own. doesnt ask for anythign but whoever it is usually gets the pies in etc. Although youd be amazed how many never even say thanks.

Roy Croppers Handbag

Stupid post.

I wouldn't sell my ticket for a Derby for 500 quid, I'd rather go to it.

Excellent point and I do not believe that the posters on here who say theybwould not do it would refuse this offer and insist on face value only.

I do not have an issue with touting. If someone is stupid enough to offer silly money for anything there is nothing wrong in accepting it.

Personally if it was a mate then I would do face value plus a pint. Anyone else then or is the highest bidder for me.

I bought 2x adult and 2x kids tickets for the 2006 final outside Hampden from a Jambo that is on this very forum. Face value and kids had a day to remember (as dis Dad!). I've given away spare tickets in the past too.

Good Jambos never fleece other good Jambos smiliz34.gif

Some German mates came over for the Rangers v Bayern Munich (1989) and we ended up with two spare in the BM section.

I got talking to a couple of auld huns who had no tickets, I said I had two and I'd take face value. AS they are getting their money out, another couple of bigger & uglier huns came over and said they'd pay double.

Needless to say the old boys got told to take a hike. :lol:

Bayern won 3-1 to go through, what a joyous night.

Opinions?

What are you doing that is more important than this once in a lifetime game?!?!

Sidenote: Face value for bought tix, free for any freebies I get and I lend my season ticket for nothin when I can't go to a home game.

As regards a CF ticket.

Well assuming the person wasn't stoney broke I'd expect them to come up with the dosh WITHOUT needing to be asked !

The ST is a bit different though, if only because the money has long since been forgotten about, but I'd like the think the person would return the favour some how.

The GF recently worked beside a chap ( Jambo ) who, knowing I was of the faith, entrusted me with his for game that he couldn't make. I brought along a mate who used the ticket and he stuffed a ?10 inside it ready for the GF to hand back on the Monday. :thumbsup:

Where did you get a GF???? :o

Fellow Jambos have never let me down and charged face value and that's what i've done myself for people on here.

I arranged to buy two tickets (Over the old BBC forum) for the 2006 semi-final from a Cardiff based Jambo. I drove through to Hampden with a mate ticketless worried I might get let down. The lad was true to his word and we saw the game, could have sold them any other time (For good coin) top lad.

Bought a few tickets from KB members, one for the 1-1 draw with Rangers where Buffel equalised. Face value, met the lad in Haymarket.

Sold two TITP tickets for face value on here also.

P.S Still need to get a pint for the mysterious Cardiff jambo for his help after the way the game panned out.

Find it a bit ironic that the OP posts this after offering ?50 for a ticket for this weekend when he was told a ticket was available to the highest bidder..... :whistling:

I remember about 20 years ago against Rankers. Me and my hun mate were walking down Gorgie Road, I never had ticket likewise my mate. A fan of the unwashed offered the pair of us 2 tickets for the price of 1 in the away end. So my mate says he'd take them and handed the money for the tickets. I still wasn't into the idea of being amongst 4000 soap dodgers. So as we were walking towards the gate a copper just happened to ask if any of us wanted a ticket for the home end. Well I jumped at that chance and arranged to meet up with my mate after the game. The point is we got three tickets for the game at the cost of 1 which was about 6/7 squid. Not bad at the time. Wouldn't of known what to do if my mate had dragged me into the wrong end of Tynie though.

Archived