Rudi out for St Mirren

hughesie27

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20101228/rudi-misses-buddies-clash-as-a-precaution_2241384_2252640

Hearts manager Jim Jefferies today revealed that Rudi Skacel will miss tomorrow night's trip to face St Mirren - but that he's very hopeful the Czech international will be back for Saturday's capital clash against Hibs!

The midfielder has been playing with a very minor calf tear in recent weeks, which became irritated after the last home game against Inverness.

Not to bad news. Hopefully Rudi "will" be fit for the Vermin game, score a couple and stick it right up Rat Boy! :smiliz64:

Good to see Wallace back.

Guest vanbasten1874

Not to bad news. Hopefully Rudi "will" be fit for the Vermin game, score a couple and stick it right Rat Boy! :smiliz64:

Good to see Wallace back.

Absolutely makes up for the loss of rudi .

I'm sure hes been playing with that for the past two weeks and its got slighlty worse, his performances have not been his best either. hope JJ is right that he will be availiable vs hibs.

If Rudi was going to be missing for one game, I would probably pick St. Mirren to be that game. Also gives us a chance to see how we will cope without him, I personally think we have more than enough to comfortably beat them.

Lee Wallace back is a massive boost aswell.

Tynecastle Valhalla

rudi is a big miss in any game.

he gives us something that arguably only temps has as well.

wallace is not a replacement.

would have been good if suso was fit as he could have come in.

hopefully novi might get his chance.

51 Shirts -Moments in Time

rudi is a big miss in any game.

he gives us something that arguably only temps has as well.

wallace is not a replacement.

would have been good if suso was fit as he could have come in.

hopefully novi might get his chance.

Rudi has torn muscle, out for 5 -7 weeks. I seriously doubt he will play against Hibs. Hope I am wrong though.

Dean Winchester

Rudi has torn muscle, out for 5 -7 weeks.I seriously doubt he will play against Hibs. Hope I am wrong though.

"He's aggravated it a bit of late, but we think he'll be back for the weekend, which is important," the manager said this morning.

Indeed.

Cardiac Rucksack

A very small tear that he has played through in a couple of games. Should be fine for 70mins vs the filth.

loveofthegame

Wallace back for the game is absolutely massive news!!

I am 100% confident that Rudi is just being rested for the derby.

Roll on Saturday!!

51 Shirts -Moments in Time

A very small tear that he has played through in a couple of games. Should be fine for 70mins vs the filth.

fingers crossed

Rudi's a genius and i love him, but his away form is nowhere near as good as his form at Tynie, Nice solid centre consisting of Mrowiec, Black and/or Stevenson against St Mirren sounds nice to me.

Rudi will rip the Hibees open............ again.

fingers crossed

will be intersting to see if we revert back to a proper 4-4-2 like we played earlier in the season, with elliott and klye up front and novi and temps on the wings. If not i would like to give robinson a go at the rudi role but i think JJ does not rate him yet.

Interesting that Jefferies states that Wallace can play in a number of positions....:whistling:

That jumped out at me too. Wallace playing left midfield and Templeton playing the Rudi role?

stirlingshirejambo

Rudi's a genius and i love him, but his away form is nowhere near as good as his form at Tynie, Nice solid centre consisting of Mrowiec, Black and/or Stevenson against St Mirren sounds nice to me.

Rudi will rip the Hibees open............ again.

absolutely pish

maybe first time round with us he could have been accussed of playing only at home but not this time

have you actually watched him at all

absolutely pish

maybe first time round with us he could have been accussed of playing only at home but not this time

have you actually watched him at all

Read my post again, you have got the wrong idea.

Said he's awesome at tynie, and has been okay/good away from home by his standards.

Yes. I've never missed a game he's been in a Hearts jersey, if you need my credentials.

That jumped out at me too. Wallace playing left midfield and Templeton playing the Rudi role?

Alla Gareth Bale.

I said he played left wing at school with me and got called a liar when it's a fact that he did.

Alla Gareth Bale.

I said he played left wing at school with me and got called a liar when it's a fact that he did.

I thought everyone knew he was a winger who was moved to full back?

You would hope so, but a few on here seemed to think they knew better.

If anyone needed any justification on that, then watch his peach against Killie at rugby park, think it was in the cup.

Hearts of Vladland

IIRC He was a striker then winger then full back.

Winger or Left Midfielder ?

Left midfielder I suppose.

Really hope Rudi is fit for the weekend, fancy him to bag a goal or two.

Will be great to have him back, I'm sure we'll cope without Rudi for one game, Lee has been badly missed for months. :santa1:

I wouldnt say he has been BADLY missed. That would suggest we havent been doing well without him, which isnt of course the case. Palazuelos has done okay there, although of course Wallace offers more going forward.

Sounds to me like Skacel being out (along with 2 other possibles being out) might force JJ to start Wallace somewhere on the pitch when he doesnt really want to start him at all.

I'd probably play him in the Templeton position and move Templeton in one to do the Skacel role

Really hope Rudi is fit for the weekend, fancy him to bag a goal or two.

Good shout, but at the same time if its a muscle tear, even a slight one, we dont need to risk it getting any worse and him being out for weeks. If he's not 100% we've still got more than enough in our squad to give Hibernian a right pasting IMO

Alla Gareth Bale.

Allahu akbar. :)

As for the thread, I wonder if he is considering Wallace in a central midfield role, he was excellent there when played there by Burley.

Me? In the absence of Skacel, I'd line up like this.

Kello

Jonsson, Zaliukas, Bouzid, Palazuelos

Mrowiec, Black

Elliott, Templeton, Novikovas

Kyle

Kello

Mrowiec, Black

Elliott, Stevenson, Templeton

Kyle.

I suspect we will see,

As suggested above, I don't think that Wallace will start but I do think he will come off the bench. I think starting him after so long out would be risky and would prefer to ease him in.

Kello

Mrowiec, Black

Kyle

[/centre]

I like the look of that myself but would prefer to see Temps out on the right and Elliott playing in just behind KK.

But I got Hearts relegated in FM so I pobs know nothing. :( :( :( :(

Morgaro Gomis

I like the look of that myself but would prefer to see Temps out on the right and Elliott playing in just behind KK.

Wow, you must be really bad! :lol:

Allahu akbar. :)

As for the thread, I wonder if he is considering Wallace in a central midfield role, he was excellent there when played there by Burley.

Me? In the absence of Skacel, I'd line up like this.

Kello

Mrowiec, Black

Kyle

Kello

Mrowiec, Black

Elliott, Stevenson, Templeton

Kyle.

I suspect we will see,

As suggested above, I don't think that Wallace will start but I do think he will come off the bench. I think starting him after so long out would be risky and would prefer to ease him in.

I agree with this post.

Wow, you must be really bad! :lol:

******* terrible. Pala asked for a transfer to ICT and everyone else just plain hates me.

Gonna quit the game because it's too depressing. I genuinely get upset after I play it these days.

Interesting that Jefferies states that Wallace can play in a number of positions....:whistling:

TBH whilst i would like to see Wallace as left back once Rudi is back in midfield, given the choice between Wallace or Ruben replacing Rudi in midfield i would plump for Wallace right now.

Morgaro Gomis

******* terrible. Pala asked for a transfer to ICT and everyone else just plain hates me.

Gonna quit the game because it's too depressing. I genuinely get upset after I play it these days.

:lol: I'm halfway through the first season (on Football Manager 2011) and Im sitting 4th. It's hard to do anything with Hearts in the league as Dundee United and Hibs have been made really good, due to last seasons performance :angry:

Teuchterjambo

I would be really surprised if JJ starts Wallace against St Mirren - would think bench is best he can hope for and then hopefully the game will allow him to get a run out.

In the absence of Rudi though I would not be surprised if Glen gets a run out from the bench to slot in behind Kyle, either to shake it up if it is needed or if the game allows it just to give him a run out later.

I am nowhere near writing Glen off yet - maybe as GA said earlier in this thread it is time for someone to step up to the mark tomorrow - if guys can step up to the mark then we really will be going places.

John Gentleman

Following a VERY serious injury, we're on the cusp of having Trigger back. Yet, Driver always seems to be '2 or 3 weeks away'.

......mmmm....makes me wonder. It really does.

I'm not questioning the player's obvious ability; just that he seems to made of glass.

I've got them in a relegation battle too :( although we did win the league cup...

I've got them in a relegation battle too :( although we did win the league cup...

You did better than me then. :(

Anyone think it could be Wallace in for Bouzid if the latter hasn't fully recovered from his back injury.

I expect that would be one of the doubts and why JJ alluded to Wallace's versatility.

Archived