Weather USA

systemx

Ridiculous.

Wee bit of snow and they canny even clear Times Square for the tourists.

jokers

Still we can rest assured that no British people stuck in American airports will complain at all. Not even a little bit.

It isn't the British way.

Still we can rest assured that no British people stuck in American airports will complain at all. Not even a little bit.

It isn't the British way.

Aye right :whistling:

alwaysthereinspirit

We got about 18" here in Boston. Not sure how they know that for sure though. 60 mile an hour winds means I can see grass in my front yard and cant see my deck in the back yard due to the drifts. Hate the white stuff.:smiliz23:

Flight to Newark NJ was cancelled this morning, stuck in The Burgh for tonight.

Had a brilliant curry at the Khukuri to make up for it :)

Flying to Heathrow then Washington Dulles tomorrow - wish me luck! :)

alwaysthereinspirit

Flight to Newark NJ was cancelled this morning, stuck in The Burgh for tonight.

Had a brilliant curry at the Khukuri to make up for it :)

Flying to Heathrow then Washington Dulles tomorrow - wish me luck! :)

You'll be fine. Everythings open again. Actually getting ready to go to Logan now to pick up family on the late BA flight from Heathrow.

Safe trip.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Jessies, we've had 34 inches this December, and 9 in November. Most of it is still here too. I will be lucky to see the path at the front of our house before March. Partly because the city came by and had to widen the street so shoved all the snow onto the path that had been cleared. We now have banks of around 6ft right along the front of the house and it's frozen solid so can't even attack it with the snowblower. Thankfully he cleared the bottom of everyones drives while he was widening the street!

I have an American friend on facebook, this is a quote from her 2 weeks ago.

All our ice rinks are open! Minnesota just got record snowfall with lots of ice and the airport is still open there. I think Helsinki Airport hasn't closed in 7 years (and then it was for 20 minutes or something). The UK has got to get a grip!

Needless to say I have reminded her about this post a couple of days ago.

She is now blaming budget cuts in the States!!

Miller Jambo 60

Usual fecking yanks. Everything has to be bigger. Probably call our snow "quaint". Cocks. :down:

rolleyes.gif like the American on Fawlty towers, took a back road called the M25 Quality.

Craig Gordons Gloves

I have an American friend on facebook, this is a quote from her 2 weeks ago.

Needless to say I have reminded her about this post a couple of days ago.

She is now blaming budget cuts in the States!!

to be fair, Minneapolis airport didn't close. :thumbsup:

to be fair, Minneapolis airport didn't close. :thumbsup:

It never closes, it must be the coldest place in the states outside Alaska...brrrr

Craig Gordons Gloves

Away, it's about 15F today, supposed to go up to 32f on Thursday which will see the shorts and flip flops out again, although plunging back down to 10f on New Years Day. Thankfully i will be in a nice warm house watching us pump the Hibs and won't have to venture outside.

Coldest i have experienced since moving here was -30F with a windchill meaning it supposedly felt like -50F. I honestly thought i had been attacked by invisible forces as the inside of my nose froze within seconds of stepping out the car.

Miller Jambo 60

It never closes, it must be the coldest place in the states outside Alaska...brrrr

They are well prone to bad weather , and prepared, where we are not.

They are well prone to bad weather , and prepared, where we are not.

But the Eastern seaboard wasn't Doug and that's where they got smashed the other day. Minneapolis is about a 1,000 miles inland.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Away, it's about 15F today, supposed to go up to 32f on Thursday which will see the shorts and flip flops out again, although plunging back down to 10f on New Years Day. Thankfully i will be in a nice warm house watching us pump the Hibs and won't have to venture outside.

Coldest i have experienced since moving here was -30F with a windchill meaning it supposedly felt like -50F. I honestly thought i had been attacked by invisible forces as the inside of my nose froze within seconds of stepping out the car.

A balmy 18F right now for me with only an inch or so of snow. Worst I've known in Michigan was about -12F (before windchill) which was cold enough - I certainly wouldn't fancy -30F :unsure:

Still working out whether I'll get up at 7.30am for the derby or just not go to bed in the first place :santa1:

Craig Gordons Gloves

A balmy 18F right now for me with only an inch or so of snow. Worst I've known in Michigan was about -12F (before windchill) which was cold enough - I certainly wouldn't fancy -30F :unsure:

Still working out whether I'll get up at 7.30am for the derby or just not go to bed in the first place :santa1:

unfortunately, 2 kids under the age of 2 means i don't have that choice as i'll be most likely tucked up in bed after the bells and then the 3 month old will be up at 5, meaning he gets his first taste of an Edinburgh Derby with me. The 22 month old has experienced a few now and knows exactly when to run around the house shouting and cheering (and waking up his mum with said shouting and cheering!)

Archived