Sir gay attendances

Ricknauskis

Just had a wee look on man love.net and noticed that there attendances since opening the bus shelter have gradually gone down, even with a large away support taken by Aberdeen they could only muster 10,115 yesterday. Approximate 50% capacity.

Hats off to the one who decided to sell Stokes for next to nothing to help fund the new stand to increase there capacity for European games, well done that man

Guest juvehearts

hibs will NEVER sell out that stadium EVER

only time that place would get sold out would be when we play there in a semi final or scotland play a meaningless match

its ******* green ffs

says it all

hibs will NEVER sell out that stadium EVER

only time that place would get sold out would be when we play there in a semi final or scotland play a meaningless match

its ******* green ffs

says it all

They will, they will end up giving away more space to us, and the weedgies, to make some more dosh. Indeed it might get to the stage that at we have more paying customers at ER than them.

They will, they will end up giving away more space to us, and the weedgies, to make some more dosh. Indeed it might get to the stage that at we have more paying customers at ER than them.

I also thought that they could give us the bus shelter and behind the goals and make it a sell out, then I thought there is no way that they would Ever do this even if it did make them more money.

As stated this would be the only way they will sell out the sangiro :smiliz64:

Miller Jambo 60

I also thought that they could give us the bus shelter and behind the goals and make it a sell out, then I thought there is no way that they would Ever do this even if it did make them more money.

As stated this would be the only way they will sell out the sangiro :smiliz64:

Wee wee team wee support

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Hooray, we're now stealing Hibs' terrible patter about bus shelters and saying tick tock and stuff.

Fantastic.

Considering how shite they are, 10k isn't THAT bad.

Still easily drawing in the 4th biggest crowds in the league on average I'd imagine.

Still easily drawing in the 4th biggest crowds in the league on average I'd imagine.

Had a browse over on Hibs.net earlier, they are far form convinced that there was 10k at Easter Road yesterday.

Their average attendance for all home SPL games this season has been 12618, while ours has been 13659 (a difference of 1041). However their average attendances for what we call cat B games has been 11005, while ours has been 13165, a difference of 3160. This means that for category B games easter road has only been 54% full, while tynie has been 76% full.

What i wonder is that Petrie thinks that hibs are in a stable financial situation... yes, they are now, but if their performances dont pick up then the crowds will keep getting lower and lower, meaning less gate receipts and they wont be able to pay for their shiny new stand they picked out of an Ikea catalogue.

DELUDED.

What these figures also show is that a lot of their supports turn up for the big games, and bump the cat B games, while ours stay for all.

GORGIE RULES.

gorgie rd eh11

Boxing day usually adds a few to the attendance, take away the season tickets and away fans how many bothered to go along. I'm sure Ebenezer Petrie would have been very disappointed with just over 10k.

Their average attendance for all home SPL games this season has been 12618, while ours has been 13659 (a difference of 1041). However their average attendances for what we call cat B games has been 11005, while ours has been 13165, a difference of 3160. This means that for category B games easter road has only been 54% full, while tynie has been 76% full.

What i wonder is that Petrie thinks that hibs are in a stable financial situation... yes, they are now, but if their performances dont pick up then the crowds will keep getting lower and lower, meaning less gate receipts and they wont be able to pay for their shiny new stand they picked out of an Ikea catalogue.

DELUDED.

What these figures also show is that a lot of their supports turn up for the big games, and bump the cat B games, while ours stay for all.

GORGIE RULES.

The difference is 2160 on Cat B games, but no matter we are still the big team. :thumbsup:

Guest juvehearts

still poor for a club with a large target audience in a major capital city with only 2 clubs in it.

juve

Hooray, we're now stealing Hibs' terrible patter about bus shelters and saying tick tock and stuff.

Fantastic.

This and this again

still poor for a club with a large target audience in a major capital city with only 2 clubs in it.

juve

We had less than 3k more than that for our last home match after a 6 game winning streak.

:down:

gorgie rd eh11

We had less than 3k more than that for our last home match after a 6 game winning streak.

The last saturday before christmas, traditionally a poor day for attendances.

Boxing day, traditionally a good day for attendances.

A bigger away support from aberdeen than ict.

:thumbsup:

Haven't seen the highlights but i assume the sheep had a few doon?

1000 strong sheep according to ma paper this morning

The Hearts support has been steady and turning up in about the same numbers compared to most of the other clubs in the league who are struggling to attract decent crowds,but it's a fair point that after a fantastic run of results the "fair weather, glory hunting, not true fans" have failed to return in greater numbers :whistling:

Why is this :unsure:

The last saturday before christmas, traditionally a poor day for attendances.

Boxing day, traditionally a good day for attendances.

A bigger away support from aberdeen than ict.

:thumbsup:

Our crowds are reasonable, but Hibs aren't terrible either.

10k whilst sitting what 9th or 10th in the league and in shocking form. Doubt we'd be all that much higher.

The Hearts support has been steady and turning up in about the same numbers compared to most of the other clubs in the league who are struggling to attract decent crowds,but it's a fair point that after a fantastic run of results the "fair weather, glory hunting, not true fans" have failed to return in greater numbers :whistling:

I think many 'fair weather' fans still remain to be convinced that we are actually going places?

However I suspect the ICT game might have almost convinced some had they been there.............but as already

mentioned, that last Saturday you're up against last minute Xmas shopping binges etc ?

I think many 'fair weather' fans still remain to be convinced that we are actually going places?However I suspect the ICT game might have almost convinced some had they been there.............but as already

mentioned, that last Saturday you're up against last minute Xmas shopping binges etc ?

I totally agree mate

gorgie rd eh11

10k whilst sitting what 9th or 10th in the league and in shocking form. Doubt we'd be all that much higher.

I think taking into account the away support and the pre bought season tickets 10k is a terrible crowd for a home boxing day fixture against aberdeen. I reckon they'd have had about 9k against ict the week before and we'd have had 15plus against aberdeen on boxing day. In the past 10 000 would have been decent considering their form but as i've said season tickets added to away support means that's about as low as they're likely to fall.

scott herbertson

I think taking into account the away support and the pre bought season tickets 10k is a terrible crowd for a home boxing day fixture against aberdeen. I reckon they'd have had about 9k against ict the week before and we'd have had 15plus against aberdeen on boxing day. In the past 10 000 would have been decent considering their form but as i've said season tickets added to away support means that's about as low as they're likely to fall.

Agreed - 10000 is minging for a Boxing Day game - traditionally a huge crowd puller, and with 8,000 (more if you believe the drivel that comes from Hibs PR machine pre-season) season ticket holders.

Our last two Boxing Day games against teams outside the OF and Hibs:

2007-12-26 Wed St Mirren 16476

28 2005-12-26 Mon Falkirk 16538

These give you a truer picture of how miserabl and money losing that attendance is

Reminds me of a company I worked for from 1979-87.

Brilliant to work for and the sales people were a class above most others, and the rewards were superb.

Then, when they appointed a new guy to run the company in the UK, I saw the writing on the wall and left about 3 months later.

To summarise, in his first year he went through the stock and wrote off loads of stuff, which resulted in cracking figures the following year.

He also downgraded the salesforce and sales management team, reducing the basic for salespeople by about 1/3rd.

Great figures in short term, with these reductions in overheads even taking in 25% less in sales.

Within 3 years he got the sack because sales dropped year-by-year as the new salesforce didn't have the entrepreneurial savvy and there were no more "manipulations" he could make in stock/salaries etc.!

He got the sack and this market leader got bought out by a competitor who could not touch us in the market just a few years before.

We could call it Petrie Factor!

Necessary qualities for the Petrie Factor -

Lack of real vision!

Obsession with fiscal prudence rather than speculate to accumulate!

Getting rid of "star" players and replacing them with mince!

Appointing a string of managers who didn't break the salary cap set by the shortsighted management!

End game - disaster!

Whilst talking about Hibs, I wonder if a decent result on Wednesday would be beneficial for us on NYD. Thing is, they have been so bad for so long, would a win give them a boost or would it be a stay of execution?

Nah, scratch that. During this post I have changed my mind and think that an annihilation would suffice on Wednesday. :thumbsup:

Whilst talking about Hibs, I wonder if a decent result on Wednesday would be beneficial for us on NYD. Thing is, they have been so bad for so long, would a win give them a boost or would it be a stay of execution?

Nah, scratch that. During this post I have changed my mind and think that an annihilation would suffice on Wednesday. :thumbsup:

Think I'm correct in saying United haven't played for a wee while now, reckon they will be burstin furra a gemme on Wednesday, they maybe a bit rusty but I fancy them to deepen the Hobos woes

Last year when the teams were role reversal we averaged more than Hibs.... when we were bottom 3 last Dec we still averaged nearly 13,000.

A better comparison is Aberdeen's home gates v Hibs home gates. Both claim (esp the Sheep) that they are the 3rd biggest club in Scotland) yet look at the number of times both teams struggle to attract more than 10,000 for a Cat B home game. Yesterday's crowd v Sheep was terrible for what is a traditionally a well attended match.

I know what you mean.

I still see UTD as our main threat for 3rd - Well are on free-fall esp with Blackman leaving in Jan and Brown gone,ICT won't last the pace.

So a draw would be a decent result. I think UTD have not played since about the 19th Nov - that's 6 weeks.

1000 strong sheep according to ma paper this morning

Indeed there was a decent sized flock down probably Paw Broons first game in charge brought out this large flock. :rolleyes:

I Watched the re run on Alba i reckon about 1000 is about right, the top tier was totally empty, but the lower section looked about three quarters full.

Massive areas of empty seats in the hobo end, and they started to drift away with about 10 mins to go.

A Huge boo went up at the final whistle :thumbsup: CC Bloom just stood on the sideline watvhing totally silent, his record is now worse than bingos who managed to record 8 points from 7 games.

CC Bloom 7 points from 9 games :thumbsup: I Know quite a few hobits that have given up, they used to go to home and away games but heve lost all interest this will continue to happen as they are in a total mess, with a clueless manager with no experience off the Scottish Game :lol:

He is trying to play the same way he did at Forest Basically Hoof ball, he cant even decide on a club captain, it was rat boy, then murray, now Hogg :lol::lol:

Paw Broon will sort Aberdeen out, so its a straight dog fight between Hamilton and the hobos as to who is going down :down:

Our crowds didn't change at the start of last season when we were near the bottom of the league. Infact, they were higher then they have been so far this season.

HMFC have a core support who go no matter what.

The point I was making was why have a stadium for 20k when at very very best the will only average 15k

Very odd thing here. I have just watched the " highlights" of this game and going on what was on show the Hobos should have won that game no problem! I don't know if these highlights are representitive of the entire game though. They have a real problem in defense but they made a load of chances to score... Aberdeen are dire by the way totally honkin! In summary if we don't beat that lot on Saturday I will be mortified.

marshallschunkychicken

Very odd thing here. I have just watched the " highlights" of this game and going on what was on show the Hobos should have won that game no problem! I don't know if these highlights are representitive of the entire game though. They have a real problem in defense but they made a load of chances to score... Aberdeen are dire by the way totally honkin! In summary if we don't beat that lot on Saturday I will be mortified.

Just watched it, are you sure you think Hibs should have won?

Absolutely going on the goal scoring chances and the times at which they came in the game! I have just watched again and counted 5 scoring chances for the cods of which they put two away the hobos had by my count 8 chances and scored only once. I think I was fair in my judgement of what constitues a goal scoring chance but you may view differently but IMO looking at these highlights ad they taken their chances the score would have been very different. One could also say that the sheep missed a few aswell but chance for chance there favoured the hobits again IMO

Absolutely going on the goal scoring chances and the times at which they came in the game! I have just watched again and counted 5 scoring chances for the cods of which they put two away the hobos had by my count 8 chances and scored only once. I think I was fair in my judgement of what constitues a goal scoring chance but you may view differently but IMO looking at these highlights ad they taken their chances the score would have been very different. One could also say that the sheep missed a few aswell but chance for chance there favoured the hobits again IMO

Have to agree. I only watched the highlights intending to revel in the Hobos utter rankage...........however they did create MORE than enough chances to win that game :smiliz21:

That being said, it was Aberdeen mind and they looked even worse at the back than they did at Tynie - utter shambles !

The point I was making was why have a stadium for 20k when at very very best the will only average 15k

Thats just Rod the tache's sound business thinking.

They will get capacity crowds in now and again though................but not for HFC games, maybe U21 games

Scotland friendlies etc :blink:

I know what you mean.

I still see UTD as our main threat for 3rd - Well are on free-fall esp with Blackman leaving in Jan and Brown gone,ICT won't last the pace.

So a draw would be a decent result. I think UTD have not played since about the 19th Nov - that's 6 weeks.

I think United will struggle with the fixture backlog coupled with the fact that Gomis, Bauben and Conway are all out of contract at the end of the season and are likely to be shipped out in January, with no money for replacements.

Cost.

I would like to go but can't justify it financially at the moment. I did have an ST in the season when Frail was one of our numerous managers though so I'm probably not what most people would describe as a fair weather fan.

Cost.

I would like to go but can't justify it financially at the moment. I did have an ST in the season when Frail was one of our numerous managers though so I'm probably not what most people would describe as a fair weather fan.

My post was a bit tongue in cheek with regards fair weather fans etc....

Cost is always part of the reason as it's not just about the ticket cost but everything else that goes with attending the footy.

My post was a bit tongue in cheek with regards fair weather fans etc....

Cost is always part of the reason as it's not just about the ticket cost but everything else that goes with attending the footy.

Indeed. If the arguments about disposable cash are valid at any time then they are surely more so now at Xmas?

Taking yourself and two laddies to a one off match is going to easily knock a ?60 hole in your Christmas savings

and thats assuming the wee beggars aren't hungry :rolleyes:

The People's Chimp

I think many 'fair weather' fans still remain to be convinced that we are actually going places?

However I suspect the ICT game might have almost convinced some had they been there.............but as already

I was shocked when the attendance was read out for the ICT game; there were hundreds of people queing outside all grasping tickets (as opposed to ST smartcards), a huge queue for the bookies, huge queue for the pie stand...

Archived