Heart Of Midlothan....

japanjambo

How the **** can anybody supprt the Hobos when we@re in town!? And ye can keep that feckng Olf Firm!

I lobve the Hearts!

And busby is the man!

JJ a closesecond!

Love you guys

Lynn :ninja:

How the **** can anybody supprt the Hobos when we@re in town!? And ye can keep that feckng Olf Firm!

I lobve the Hearts!

And busby is the man!

JJ a closesecond!

Love you guys

Me too!

Mon the HMFC.

Me too!

Mon the HMFC.

My Dad's from Bryson Road which is a 2 minute walk to the Diggers, they are all mad Jambo's and even when my Uncle Bill, my Mum's brother http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_MacFarlane_(footballer) started giving us Director's Box tickets to Easter Road and other signed stuff, I remained a Jambo much to Uncle Bill's disgust. To be fair to him, he was always a decent bloke to me.

Rudolf's Mate

I have a relative who was part of the hobo managment set up in the early 80's and despite free tickets me and my old man were the only jambos in the family....

New Year's day games were always a tradition that the men would go to the pub before and back to my nans for dinner. As you already know there weren't many wins for them so it was a very happy household indeed.... For 2 of us anyway!

I have a relative who was part of the hobo managment set up in the early 80's and despite free tickets me and my old man were the only jambos in the family....

New Year's day games were always a tradition that the men would go to the pub before and back to my nans for dinner. As you already know there weren't many wins for them so it was a very happy household indeed.... For 2 of us anyway!

Ah the memories. Sounds very similar to my family festive routine in those days! From the mid 80`s onwards when Hearts were back up in the Premier, most new year times were that much sweeter once the football had been played!

It would be an early rise on NYD, over to the Grannies were everyone would meet before the ones who went to the game would drift off to the boozer then the game.

At night, the party was always at my house and the big match talk would begin. As usual, Hobos heavily outnumbered with just a couple of Uncle`s being on that side. We`d be talking about the highlights they`d be having the usual inquest! haha, great times and this was a routine for many a year!

Miller Jambo 60

I lobve the Hearts!

And busby is the man!

JJ a closesecond!

Love you guys

Whos been on the saki lol, remember my 1st games were at fester road wi my grandad, but the warmth and love i have for hearts is only bettered by my wife and kids.

I was at my first game when I was 4. It was the New Years game in 1967 and I went with my Dad and his pal. Even at that early age I had nothing but contempt for anyone who chose to support the Leith vermin when they could (should) have picked Hearts as their team. My Dad's pal supported Hibs and I remember asking him several times why.

The only other things I remember from the game are

it was freezing

the bogs were stinking

sitting on my Dad and his pals shoulders so I could see

I was at my first game when I was 4. It was the New Years game in 1967 and I went with my Dad and his pal. Even at that early age I had nothing but contempt for anyone who chose to support the Leith vermin when they could (should) have picked Hearts as their team. My Dad's pal supported Hibs and I remember asking him several times why.

The only other things I remember from the game are

it was freezing

the bogs were stinking

sitting on my Dad and his pals shoulders so I could see

Reminds me of my early days going to see the Hearts. Getting lifted over the turnstile and the being told to wait be hind the goal while my dad gets me a famous Tynecastle pie. Then being sat on his shoulders for the match... Happy days :)

Archived