Blackpools pitch

Ross21

Been out all day so only catching up on football but noticed Blackpool had a home game cancelled 3rd game running for frozen pitch. Believe it's due to lack of undersoil heating, which I'm wondering surely not a must have for EPL? Theyre getting enough money to be able to upgrade, surely they could be facing sanctions?

IMO all Championship clubs should have it, let alone Premiership clubs. Then again, I don't think any EPL clubs should have games called off !

I'm sure teams get a reprieve their first season up, after which if they don't have the suitable facilities in place they'll face sanctions

At the end of the day this could end up being what costs them their league place once the fixtures get rearranged and they try to work through the backlog with their limited squad then I don't think they'll cope

Fozzyonthefence

Ridiculous with all the money they have down there that some teams don't have undersoil heating yet all the teams up here that can't afford it (or can' even afford to switch it on) must have it under league rules.

Under-soil heating is not a mandatory requirement for the Premiership, although most teams have it installed to mitigate the number of possible postponements due to frost which would affect income. Then again, it is a tad milder winter down south.

To be honest, who'd have thought there would be significant snowfall in Blackpool.

Archived