Ljungberg to Celtic (Merged Threads)

rudi must stay

Napoleon  Wilson

Ljungberg to Celtic

apologies if posted already. He certainly used to be a great player but at 33 he'd surely be a gamble for them?

Ooops my apologies, just posted the exact same topic! :smiliz23:

I saw him play for Seattle against Toronto at the start of the season. He still has decent touch but pace has gone. Can't play out wide any more as a result. That bhoy McCourt is, at this stage, a far better bet. Still if they want to chuck money down the drain - get on with it.

it shows where the OF are. offering huge money to has-beens and never-weres, on short terms deals all in an attempt to divert the unwashed hoards' attention from the dreadful product on offer.

Ljungberg to Celtic

apologies if posted already. He certainly used to be a great player but at 33 he'd surely be a gamble for them?

I've highlighted the key term here.

He was finished at West Ham, another smart signing from Lawell. The lad deserves a knighthood, he's destroying that club.

Ohhh c'mon. Its the SPL! It will be a friggin walk in the park for a slightly past it Ljungberg!

Yiz wouldn't be geeing him all this stick if he was about to sign for us!

The Mighty Thor
<br />Ohhh c'mon. Its the SPL! It will be a friggin walk in the park for a slightly past it Ljungberg!<br />

Yiz wouldn't be geeing him all this stick if he was about to sign for us!<br />

<br /><br /><br />

If we were about to spunk ?60k a week on him you'd hear me mate!

Ohhh c'mon. Its the SPL! It will be a friggin walk in the park for a slightly past it Ljungberg!

Yiz wouldn't be geeing him all this stick if he was about to sign for us!

If it was Pires at the beginning of the season then yes but Ljunberg is finished we have much better in Rudi(not overall career just how they are now)

He was never the type to take control of a game, he could get beyond the front two and grab a goal, he's not the type who could put his foot on the ball to drive a team forward

As his legs have gone 6 goals in the past 3-4 seasons says that he can't even contribute his most valuable asset

I'm sure there's better out there for less outlay but obviously it probably wouldn't sell as many shirts

33 going on 43, injury has put years on to his playing age. One of the best players celtic have ever signed but about 8 years too late.

Who cares , thought this was a hearts section, i dont like them , ok

what aboot the rest of us who quite like discussin the merits an pitfalls of such a signing, I mean what are we meant to do, where are we meant to go?

this type of signing really sums up whats wrong with Scottish Football, a total waste of time and money that they could try investing in Scottish Football and bringing through youth player.

?60K a week - half of that could get many teams in the SPL 11 players!

They'll still finish second, what a waste I just dont get it!

Where's everyone getting ?60k a week? There is absolutely no chance that mob can afford anything like that. A Tim friend of mine told me last night that they've offered a contract to Kris Kommons. ?16k a week.

They are skint. Took a massive gamble on signing Keane last season and it backfired spectacularly, as the crowds remained low and they didn't win the league.

Anyway, Ljungberg was past it years ago, so god knows what he's like now. Desperate stuff from a desperate club.

Where's everyone getting ?60k a week? There is absolutely no chance that mob can afford anything like that. A Tim friend of mine told me last night that they've offered a contract to Kris Kommons. ?16k a week.

They are skint. Took a massive gamble on signing Keane last season and it backfired spectacularly, as the crowds remained low and they didn't win the league.

Anyway, Ljungberg was past it years ago, so god knows what he's like now. Desperate stuff from a desperate club.

Had that mentioned to me as well. Was also told that they will be selling Scott Brown in the summer. Wolves was the club mentioned. No doubt Rafa being sacked has cost him his move to Inter Milan.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

As already said, where abouts is ?60k mentioned?

He can't command that at 33 AND having been playing in the states recently !

However what ever he gets ( if he signs ) will be too much for what he offers them surely

Also, as has been mentioned, he's not the midfield general type who could drive the team

on when their current midfield duo are away at the Asian cup !

W***** like Hugh Keevins ought to be doing their job properly and ridiculing this move !

Randle P McMurphy

latest in a long line of box office signings to pacify the screaming hordes at darkheid. familiar pattern now of big name signing/ loan in january each year to try to prop up their attendance figures for the rest of the season. no doubt the brain dead bigots will buy it hook line and sinker again and buy their ljungberg replica tops in their thousands suddenly believing again that the league is coming their way.

They'll be getting that figure if Desmond is putting his hand in his pocket, which is what he did for Keane.

He seemingly played 50 games in america and has got his fitness back.

Only time will tell if he's up to the high standards of the spl.

Looks like another desperate signing from the ginger prick. Hahahahaha

Ljungberg has well and truly passed it, been gash since he left west ham and even then he wasn't that hot there.

This is a desparate move, he knows we are on form and is crapping it. The biggest name he can get but what an idiot! Complete waste of cash. I was pretty sure he had retired too after leaving West Ham. The two Koreans have been Celtics best players over the last while and are away now, so come on Hearts, get them caught!!

JamboAberdeen

Never like a player coming out from retirement.

When he said enough, he was finished physically, and more importantly, mentally.

Francis Albert

latest in a long line of box office signings to pacify the screaming hordes at darkheid. familiar pattern now of big name signing/ loan in january each year to try to prop up their attendance figures for the rest of the season. no doubt the brain dead bigots will buy it hook line and sinker again and buy their ljungberg replica tops in their thousands suddenly believing again that the league is coming their way.

Reading the Record today was just like reliving the trip to Fir Park last season when we had an hour long BBC Sportsound special on how the Keane signing would light up the whole of the Scottish game game and fill not just Parkhead for the rest of the season but every away ground in the country. Right down to a full page of Murdo McLeod on how "Freddie can do what Keano did for the Bhoys". (He didn't mean take a lot of money off them and fail to deliver any silverware ... or indeed to fill any grounds). The Scottish media OF PR machine is wondrous to behold.

(Some at least of the fans actually aren't that gullible and about the only negative things you read and hear are in the phone-ins).

it shows where the OF are. offering huge money to has-beens and never-weres, on short terms deals all in an attempt to divert the unwashed hoards' attention from the dreadful product on offer.

This a 1000 times over :lol::thumbsup:

I wouldn't say Ljungberg is past it at all, last seasons he was probably one of the best midfielders in MLS for Seattle and this past year Chicago got him on the cheap, and he really helped turn the team around, I'm a Chicago supporter and he gave his all every game and was definitely the best player on the park. I wouldn't doubt him as for being good still, cause from what I've seen he still is.

Toronto Jambo

Jeezo I've heard it all now.

Not content with one MLS has-been he's after another one now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/9322943.stm

DeRo wasn't a bad player 2-3 years ago. Quality signing that, a 32 year old Canadian international!

I have seen him a few times here, but I wouldn't even say he deserves a place in the Hearts team. He is likely Toronto's best player, but he's getting old and never really convinced me that he can do more than score a few goals and get a few assists against poor opposition. If you watch the MLS, the players have A LOT more time on the ball and I just don't think he would be able to fit into a fast paced game. He just might end up losing the ball a lot. That being said, I thought Edu would be terrible for Rangers when he left Toronto, but he has scored a few important goals for them.

The more this continues, the more pleasing it is for the rest of Scottish Football.

Last season, a staggering amount of money was spent on the team as Mowbray looked to build his own team overnight. To do this, he got rid of some players that had done well for the club on the cheap, others were just marginalised.

In the summer, a staggering amount of money was spent on the team as Lennon looked to build his own team overnight. To do this, he got rid of some players that had done well for the club on the cheap.

As R@ng*rs are in financial turmoil, not in a position to afford a loan player, C*lt!c are trying to buy the league. The mistake they are making is going over the score and buying too many. If C*lt!c don't win the title this year, they will be in real financial difficulty sooner than they'll know. All of the good work done by Fergus McCann will be undone. This ridiculous financial mismanagement is great news for us. As long as we have Romanov, our debt is completely manageable, I wonder how long the Royal Bank of Scotland will allow them to over extend?

Buy Ljungberg, Lennon, also buy that Canadian dude the BBC is linking you with. Keep buying.:thumbsup:

Ah celtic at Transfer window time. Love it. there almost as deluded as the wee team, the celtic fans i work with consider celtic to be a better move than chelsea or man city. away with the fairies. anyway heres celtics "big" name team sheet of targets;

Manager: David Moyes

--David James/ Shay Given--

--Sol Campbell--

--Robbie Keane/ Jimmy Bullard

Now add Ljunberg to that

all of these are celtics realistic targets according to them. now to fall of my chair laughing

It shows the decline of Celtic tbh.

When O'neil was in charge - the money he spent and the lineup he had was a Strong team.

Every game they won, and by a big margin.

So different now - and the targets are somewhat uninspiring. They do not have a player like 'larsson' who could win/change a match

Archived