Fergie Tells The Press

Gigolo-Aunt

Nice! would have been good to see some Guns n Roses - Get in the Ring quotes in there....

And that goes for all you punks in the press

That want to start shit by printin lies

Instead of the things I said

That means you

Andy Walker at the Daily Mail

The Sun Newspaper

Jeremy Vine at Panorama

What you pissed off cause your dad gets more...... etc

Is the footage of what happened after up at all because I'm interested to know what stories in particular he was referring to? He has been known to go off on one when a story has him or one of his players bang to rights.

FAO Oxford Dicitionary people.

Turn to 'Greatness', there should be a picture of this man beside it.

Many thanks xx

Nice! would have been good to see some Guns n Roses - Get in the Ring quotes in there....

And that goes for all you punks in the press

That want to start shit by printin lies

Instead of the things I said

That means you

Andy Walker at the Daily Mail

The Sun Newspaper

Jeremy Vine at Panorama

What you pissed off cause your dad gets more...... etc

Hahahaha, fricking quality. Totally forgot about that little gem from Illusion 2.

He did have the calm angry teacher thing about himself there. The type of angry that makes you know that they mean business.

Just find it convenient that it cuts off when he's finished saying his piece. Again, would like to see what the reporters' response was (and any subsequent reply from Fergie himself).

Just find it convenient that it cuts off when he's finished saying his piece. Again, would like to see what the reporters' response was (and any subsequent reply from Fergie himself).

Watch them pick the bones out of it on Sunday Supplement.Should be quality

Watch them pick the bones out of it on Sunday Supplement.Should be quality

Oh I've heard a whisper but just want some verification on that (ie. the rest of the film :whistling: )

Seymour M Hersh

Is the footage of what happened after up at all because I'm interested to know what stories in particular he was referring to? He has been known to go off on one when a story has him or one of his players bang to rights.

TBH Matt I'm not interested in anything demento has to say. He's a complete shite. He has no class whatsoever. Typical rankers Govan tramp (apart from the fact he has money). Horrible, horrible individual.

TBH Matt I'm not interested in anything demento has to say. He's a complete shite. He has no class whatsoever. Typical rankers Govan tramp (apart from the fact he has money). Horrible, horrible individual.

He's a legend. Behave yourself.

kingantti1874

What a load of bollocks this is. I've met the man twice and he's a class act. Driven, singleminded And doesn't take shit from anyone are exactly the qualities you need to be a manager.

What a load of bollocks this is. I've met the man twice and he's a class act. Driven, singleminded And doesn't take shit from anyone are exactly the qualities you need to be a manager.

and in one of his books he said admired the Terrible Trio.... :thumbsup:

johnny the jambo

what a guy!!! thats why hes the daddy in football!! about time someone took these knobs to task over the crap they put out there thinking they have some kind of insight but is usually just made up on the spot. hate the press and everything they stand for

gorgie rd eh11

Ferguson is one of the greatest football managers ever, if not the greatest. That doesn't alter the fact he's using the same sort of bully boy tactics that Walter Smith and Neil Lennon use up here to ensure favourable press. I'm sure he'll have his own wee ar*e kissers like Walters chick young who are willing to ignore the double standards of the big, powerful managers and clubs. He doesn't care whether the press lies as long as they toe the Man. Utd. line.

what a guy!!! thats why hes the daddy in football!! about time someone took these knobs to task over the crap they put out there thinking they have some kind of insight but is usually just made up on the spot. hate the press and everything they stand for

Could you provide examples of the made up stuff about him?

Ferguson is one of the greatest football managers ever, if not the greatest. That doesn't alter the fact he's using the same sort of bully boy tactics that Walter Smith and Neil Lennon use up here to ensure favourable press. I'm sure he'll have his own wee ar*e kissers like Walters chick young who are willing to ignore the double standards of the big, powerful managers and clubs. He doesn't care whether the press lies as long as they toe the Man. Utd. line.

Correct. A great manager but as a person, at best he is multi-faceted. You are correct that he does have his favourites - Glenn Gibbons and David Meek were very generous towards him. Michael Crick - a United supporter before anyone jumps in - is certainly not and a read of his book (I stand corrected but I don't believe Fergie has sued him for it - maybe because what was written might be true) will confirm why.

Ferguson is a hypocrite of the highest order - 'your job is to tell the truth'.

A few years back Ferguson launched into hairdryer mode at a press conference at which he referred to gathered journos as a 'bunch of c u next Tuesdays'.

The Guardian reported this verbatim and he banned the guy for life - for printing the truth about what Ferguson said.

You never read the Daily Mail? :whistling:

Well can you provide examples?

Fergie is the man,fact!

A W****R at Falkirk,a W****R at St Lie Down,a W****R at Aberdeen.See no reason to change my mind now he is at Salford.Still a W****R. :lol:

kingantti1874

Well can you provide examples?

Are you not still trying to come up with reasons as to why Rafa Benitez is a top bloke and world class manager? LOL

Re other comments, AF saying the journos are cu?&s, well he's right, I wish our manager would say that about Johnston publications journos, that's the sort of leverage success buys you...

Best manager ever

Are you not still trying to come up with reasons as to why Rafa Benitez is a top bloke and world class manager? LOL

Re other comments, AF saying the journos are cu?&s, well he's right, I wish our manager would say that about Johnston publications journos, that's the sort of leverage success buys you...

Best manager ever

I'll throw it open to you as well as the other poster. Can you provide some examples of stuff made up about him?

As for best manager, he's up there with Bob Paisley.

kingantti1874

I'll throw it open to you as well as the other poster. Can you provide some examples of stuff made up about him?

Nope, can't be arsed. But I've no doubt they did why would he lie, I mean the press are rarely straight to the chase truthful and like to put a slant on almost every story they write, that's there job -fair enough, AF was within his rights to tell them to gtf, I'd like to tell them to GTF-only problem is this is the only platform I have to do it...

Anyway, it's all a bit of fun-merry Christmas

Nope, can't be arsed. (in other words you'd can't) But I've no doubt they did why would he lie (read Michael Crick's biography on him - Ferguson has previous on that front) , I mean the press are rarely straight to the chase truthful and like to put a slant on almost every story they write (there are some who do just that but to tar the majority with the same brush is out of line) , that's there job -fair enough, AF was within his rights to tell them to gtf, I'd like to tell them to GTF-only problem is this is the only platform I have to do it...

Anyway, it's all a bit of fun-merry Christmas

In short, you were just generalising without anything to back up what you were saying.

kingantti1874

In short, you were just generalising without anything to back up what you were saying.

What ever dude. Better things to do on boxing day than to trawl through tabloids looking to prove a Liverpool fan with a Celtic sized chip on his shoulder wrong - lifes to short.

What ever dude. Better things to do on boxing day than to trawl through tabloids looking to prove a Liverpool fan with a Celtic sized chip on his shoulder wrong - lifes to short.

Then why make such a claim in the first place? :rolleyes:

kingantti1874

Then why make such a claim in the first place? :rolleyes:

I never claimed anything in any of my posts mate, I just stated what I thought of the press an that fergie has the leverage to tell them off I he feels it justified..

I never claimed anything in any of my posts mate, I just stated what I thought of the press an that fergie has the leverage to tell them off I he feels it justified..

And I asked you to cite examples of said justification. You either have some or you don't. If the latter is the case then maybe you should think before committing your thoughts to JKB as someone might want to discuss a particular theme with you on this discussion board.

bigis semiauskas

Best manager ever

Best manager without a doubt,11 Premiership titles says it all.

kingantti1874

And I asked you to cite examples of said justification. You either have some or you don't. If the latter is the case then maybe you should think before committing your thoughts to JKB as someone might want to discuss a particular theme with you on this discussion board.

And as per my response I politely declined your request, If you tell me to jump of a cliff doesn't mean I'm going to do it chief. I stated an opinion about SAF that's it - You stated an opinion the other day about rafa benitez so i know you do understand the concept. For what it's worth that thread and this one prove your opinion is not worth a rats ass.

And as per my response I politely declined your request, If you tell me to jump of a cliff doesn't mean I'm going to do it chief. I stated an opinion about SAF that's it - You stated an opinion the other day about rafa benitez so i know you do understand the concept. For what it's worth that thread and this one prove your opinion is not worth a rats ass.

Yet you still go seeking it? Amazing! :rolleyes:

With the Benitez thread, I actually justified my opinion. With this one, you failed. You stated an opinion and when asked to back it up, you were found wanting. Your attempt to save face with your failure to provide an example has become self-defeating.

Miller Jambo 60

Supporters love reading all the made up stories put out by the journo's.

The media are ers, look ak at The Edinburgh Evening news.

Hardie is a hobo clown like Grant CHOC Stott.

Barry ginga Anderson trys but he is a waste of print.

The bint is worse , wot women knows about footie, only wot her editor fires over her puss.

Gorgie rule and we are a huge huge club.

Dougstar FTH

The media are ers, look ak at The Edinburgh Evening news.

Hardie is a hobo clown like Grant CHOC Stott.

Barry ginga Anderson trys but he is a waste of print.

The bint is worse , wot women knows about footie, only wot her editor fires over her puss.

Gorgie rule and we are a huge huge club.

Dougstar FTH

Beautiful

kingantti1874

Yet you still go seeking it? Amazing! :rolleyes:

With the Benitez thread, I actually justified my opinion. With this one, you failed. You stated an opinion and when asked to back it up, you were found wanting. Your attempt to save face with your failure to provide an example has become self-defeating.

When did I loose face? The topic of this thread was SAF laying down the law to the press as 'HE' felt he had been misrepresented - to find examples I'd have to find audio recordings and then compare them to the written press - my point, my opinion is that if SAF felt he was misrepresented he has every right to lay down the law - success has earned him that right and only he can judge whether he was misrepresented or not...

Rafa tried to lay down the law at the European champions last week - the outcome was befitting a man of his stature.

Fozzyonthefence

Would be good if the press grew a pair and told him how much of a ****** he is instead of sucking up to him all the time.

When did I loose face? The topic of this thread was SAF laying down the law to the press as 'HE' felt he had been misrepresented - to find examples I'd have to find audio recordings and then compare them to the written press - my point, my opinion is that if SAF felt he was misrepresented he has every right to lay down the law - success has earned him that right and only he can judge whether he was misrepresented or not...

Rafa tried to lay down the law at the European champions last week - the outcome was befitting a man of his stature.

That's where you lost it. Your inability to back up your lazy statement.

kingantti1874

That's where you lost it. Your inability to back up your lazy statement.

I think you lost it when you failed to understand the difference between a statement based on cold hard fact and an opinion, to clarify the definition if opinion 'A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: "The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion" (Elizabeth Drew)'

Let me respond for you to save you the trouble ' but but but your lazy - bla bla bla fact' well Matt - the point of the terrace is discuss and provide opinion on all things football as I have done, no where on the terrace rules does it say only posts which can be substantiated by facts are permitted.

Now this is my last post on the subject - why don't you try and come up with something original for the last word you will undoubtedly try to have - maybe try to defend to integrity of the media....I'm sure lots of people will agree with u given that the media have no track record for twisting words to sell copies

Anyhoo - I'm off to find that face I lost earlier.

Archived