Andy Driver

Eggo

right, dont all shoot me down in flames for my opinion, I think we should try and sell him in the transfer window

He still has quite a bit left on a long term contract. Give the guy a chance, I'd rather have two pacey wingers who can swap sides and give us more options, of course that would give us 3 pacey wingers, Temps, Driver and Sultana.

right, dont all shoot me down in flames for my opinion, I think we should try and sell him in the transfer window

Why?

I'd love to see a game with this as our starting 11:

Kello

C Thomson / Barr / Zal / Wallace

Templeton / jonsson / Skacel / Driver

Elliott / Kyle

berrathanhibs

right now on current form i would rather see black and adrian in the middle before eggert!! and barr ahead of bouzid???

I'd love to see a game with this as our starting 11:

Kello

C Thomson / Barr / Zal / Wallace

Templeton / jonsson / Skacel / Driver

Elliott / Kyle

Why? 3 of that team are having very poor seasons - C Thomson, Barr, Jonsson.

Why?

he isnt value for money, we are paying his wages and he is always injured, dont get me wrong the guy is a brilliant player, but he is injury prone, we could do without him as we have done all season, if we get the ?2m+ for him I would take it in a minute, a luxury player but at what cost??

Gavsy Van Gaverson

he isnt value for money, we are paying his wages and he is always injured, dont get me wrong the guy is a brilliant player, but he is injury prone, we could do without him as we have done all season, if we get the ?2m+ for him I would take it in a minute, a luxury player but at what cost??

Who is their right mind would pay ?2m+ (or anywhere near that) for someone who hasn't kicked a ball for the best part of 9 months?

Monsieur Maroon

Yeah I don't think it would be worth selling him now, maybe we could cash in at the end of the season if he has a good few months. That said, he was our best player a couple of seasons ago, I think a lot of us have forgotten how good he was and in that respect it would be sad to see him go.

It does worry me a little though how we are going to accommodate all our midfielders, with the talk of us signing an attacking midfielder and having Andy and ruben back in contention for midfield. We could do with lightening the squad a little.

When Driver is fit I would quite like to see a line up of:

Kello

Johnsson Bouzid Zal Wallace

Black Mrowiec

Templeton Skacel Driver

Kyle

Think that could pump most teams in the league imo.

Templeton'sUnderpants

He's a good player when he plays aye. Arguably on par with Temps but how often does he play really? He has become an absolute liability with his fitness. Having said that this same reason is why we would get peanuts for him if we did want to sell him. Perhaps should have taken the 3.5 when it was on offer but hey hindsights always 20-20.

I think Eggert is having a great spell at RB, pretty harsh to say he's been poor.

winston churchill

and who would buy a three legged horse.

also, if he is ever going to be fit long enough to punt.............will he go or sit tight until his contract runs out.

Snake Plissken

also, if he is ever going to be fit long enough to punt.............will he go or sit tight until his contract runs out.

One day you may post something interesting, original and worth reading.

Today is not that day.

Keep trying.

:)

winston churchill

It's been about 2-3 weeks for the past 2 months!

try two years.

i expect his usual couple of cameos after the league split.

and as the months pass,

his contract runs down.

mahgrassyshoes

I'm beginning to understand why there have been threads about bringing Kingston back... people miss complaining about the wage thiefs.

Andy Driver you wage thief you!:verymad:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

You must have really loved that dog Winnie...

Yeah I don't think it would be worth selling him now, maybe we could cash in at the end of the season if he has a good few months. That said, he was our best player a couple of seasons ago, I think a lot of us have forgotten how good he was and in that respect it would be sad to see him go.

It does worry me a little though how we are going to accommodate all our midfielders, with the talk of us signing an attacking midfielder and having Andy and ruben back in contention for midfield. We could do with lightening the squad a little.

because i can guarentee between now and the end of the season, we will get injuries and we will need every single player in the squad, and moderen day players must accept its a squad game and wait there chance, without sounding pessimistic , its not beyond the realms of possibility for example that we sold Andy Driver in January only for David Templeton to be injured in February, instances like that have happened so many times, if that did happen our season would be hit by a devestating blow, and other players fall into this category too, so there is absoloutley no point in trying to push players out the door when we are in a challenging position, if the players are proffesional they wont have a problem.

With a bench of ruben, barr, c thomson, suso, stevenson, elliott and balogh it would be a strong squad we'd have. That would leave Clum, obua,jason thomson, jamie mac, glen to sit in the stand. Quite a decent looking squad. Would be good to get rid of witteveen, kucharski, and mole too.

When Driver is fit I would quite like to see a line up of:

Kello

Johnsson Bouzid Zal Wallace

Black Mrowiec

Templeton Skacel Driver

Kyle

Think that could pump most teams in the league imo.

We were never getting the fee of 2.5million etc.... it was heavily weighed down with add on's etc.... the fee was not even 1.5m up front.

Expectling Andy to have a big 2nd half of the season.

I see these guys as the future of the club and with a chance/confidence will be first choice for the starting eleven, maybe from next season.

CThomson needs to grow up and apply himself but has the talent. Barr will prove all the doubters wrong but is a CB and I don't see Bouzid staying at the club long term. Eggert is a great talent but has been played everywhere when he is a great DM. Like Adrian and Black also... Just thought that line up would be good.

Team as it stands tho is doing very well.

On a side note I saw Andy Driver in John Lewis today... Loaded with gifts... Curiously tho he was trying to pick out a sewing box?!?!

I think Eggert is having a great spell at RB, pretty harsh to say he's been poor.

Granted he's played slightly better the past few weeks but up till then I'd say he's been poor.

I don't understand this thing with Driver. Here we have Lee Wallace who has been out for months with one of the most serious injuries you can get ready to force his way back into the team ahead of Driver whose injuries always seem to have a bit of the mystery surrounding how long term and serious they are.

You never see interviews with the guy saying he is desperate to get back, feels sorry for his team mates etc. yet everybody still adores him.

He is a great player , yes, but so was Pinilla and perhaps Beslija might have been too, given the ?850,000 price tag

I hate to say it as I love watching him play - but is he a chancer, wage thief or somebody who will never be fit enough to play football - or will he prove us wrong?

To me only he can answer that and only if he plays the whole of the second half of the season and is still on the books come September then I will be happy to say we have had a return on our wages investment

Hearts of Vladland

I don't understand this thing with Driver. Here we have Lee Wallace who has been out for months with one of the most serious injuries you can get ready to force his way back into the team ahead of Driver whose injuries always seem to have a bit of the mystery surrounding how long term and serious they are.

You never see interviews with the guy saying he is desperate to get back, feels sorry for his team mates etc. yet everybody still adores him.

http://www.nationalist.ie/7140/Hearts39-winger-Andrew-Driver-is.6215524.jp

:vrface:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hearts/2010/11/03/hearts-ace-andy-driver-undergoes-cryotherapy-to-end-injury-hell-86908-22687237/

:vrface:

I think I'm going to stop reading Driver threads from now on.

I've never heard anyone criticise him as much offline as people seem to constantly do on Kickback.

I think I'm going to stop reading Driver threads from now on.

I've never heard anyone criticise him as much offline as people seem to constantly do on Kickback.

I'm in the same boat. Defended him in earlier threads but got bored repeating myself. Decided to let Andy do his talking on the park.

When he is fit he will be back in the starting 11 soon enough and will be flavor of the month again.

Amazing how quickly people forget the good and remember the bad.

John Gentleman

He is a great player , yes, but so was Pinilla and perhaps Beslija might have been too, given the ?850,000 price tag

I hate to say it as I love watching him play - but is he a chancer, wage thief or somebody who will never be fit enough to play football - or will he prove us wrong?

To me only he can answer that and only if he plays the whole of the second half of the season and is still on the books come September then I will be happy to say we have had a return on our wages investment

Totally agree.

Andy will do his talking on the park.

By playing two games, tanning a few crosses toward the other corner flag before pulling up and proving the doubters correct.

Hearts of Vladland

Andy will do his talking on the park.

By playing two games, tanning a few crosses toward the other corner flag before pulling up and proving the doubters correct.

Are these posts meant to be funny? I can't see why anyone would basically hope that one of our players pulls up and gets injuried. 'tanning a few crosses towards the other corner flag' guess you never watched Hearts when Driver was playing? He had noone in the box to aim for so just had to hit them low and hard across the 6 yard box hoping that it would get a deflection and go in. If you were at the 2-1 derby at Tynecastle last season you may remember every single one of Drivers corners were causing Hibs problems.

Are these posts meant to be funny? I can't see why anyone would basically hope that one of our players pulls up and gets injuried. 'tanning a few crosses towards the other corner flag' guess you never watched Hearts when Driver was playing? He had noone in the box to aim for so just had to hit them low and hard across the 6 yard box hoping that it would get a deflection and go in. If you were at the 2-1 derby at Tynecastle last season you may remember every single one of Drivers corners were causing Hibs problems.

Haven't you read Kickback much. "Driver can't cross. FACT". :(

I think Andy Driver is great, can't wait for him to get back. Fantastic player who will make us better and a scarier attacking threat.

With a fully fit squad I think we have one of the best squads in the league 2nd only to Celtic I would say.

Why would we want to push players like Driver out the door?! If Hearts are to succeed we need players like him around. Some folk have not got a clue.

Driver was done by a desperate manager bringing him back while still not fit and then the Mudderwell pitch. I reckon people have short memories. Driver will again become an important player for us.

Monsieur Maroon

I'm looking forward to his return too, as previous poster said he was rushed back from injury as we weren't creating anything without him.

He gets way too much stick.

With a fully fit squad I think we have one of the best squads in the league 2nd only to Celtic I would say.

Why would we want to push players like Driver out the door?! If Hearts are to succeed we need players like him around. Some folk have not got a clue.

It's not just driver though. There are some on kb who seem desperate to get rid of players all the time. Some want obua out others ballogh. What if we get a few injuries? Better to have as strong a squad as possible while in a good league position.

I know we are in debt but for me some fans show a lack of ambition.

People seem to shoot those with a differing opinion down on here too rapidly. I would love Driver to shine and stay injury free, to think otherwise it ridiculous. Much like when Pinilla and Beslija were here though it was cool to say 'GTF wage theif!!!' and in the case it is the in thing to think as he is a young homegrown player 'Driver is the best and is amazing'.

Personally, I can't really see the difference in the cases apart from one getting the benefit of the doubt. It is nothing personal, I just don't rate him all that well, scored some crackers and can run fast, but he isn't a good crosser, has no right foot and misses a lot of good chances too. On form, he can add to the squad, off it he is of no use at all really.

But I am not going to attempt to ridicule anybody who thinks otherwise.

I think the reason that Driver is being given the benefit of the doubt by some is down to the fact that for 2 seasons he was one of the most important players for us attacking wise. He showed that he was a good player and I am glad that we do not have to rush him back in as the attacking options have improved.

I hope he returns soon and is of benefit to the team in in the 2nd half of the season where we'll likely need him at some point.

People seem to shoot those with a differing opinion down on here too rapidly. I would love Driver to shine and stay injury free, to think otherwise it ridiculous. Much like when Pinilla and Beslija were here though it was cool to say 'GTF wage theif!!!' and in the case it is the in thing to think as he is a young homegrown player 'Driver is the best and is amazing'.

Personally, I can't really see the difference in the cases apart from one getting the benefit of the doubt. It is nothing personal, I just don't rate him all that well, scored some crackers and can run fast, but he isn't a good crosser, has no right foot and misses a lot of good chances too. On form, he can add to the squad, off it he is of no use at all really.

But I am not going to attempt to ridicule anybody who thinks otherwise.

Driver has played 97 times and cost us nothing in transfer fees. It was only last season that Driver started missing a lot of games.

Beslija played 14 times and cost us ?850k.

Pinilla played 8 times and no doubt cost us a huge amount in wages (not sure if there was a transfer fee).

Not really sure how you can call Driver a "wage thief" in the same way as Beslija and Pinilla. :mellow:

Driver is a brilliant player but sometimes it is frustrating that when he seems to get into his stride he gets injured. And its always a mystery when he's going to return, no one really seems to now whats wrong with him.

A class act but it's really annoying that he can't stay injury free.

Driver has played 97 times and cost us nothing in transfer fees. It was only last season that Driver started missing a lot of games.

Beslija played 14 times and cost us ?850k.

Pinilla played 8 times and no doubt cost us a huge amount in wages (not sure if there was a transfer fee).

Not really sure how you can call Driver a "wage thief" in the same way as Beslija and Pinilla. :mellow:

A transfer doesn't equal a wage. If you get a pay cheque and don't play it is taking money for nothing in return.

I also would like to add I did't call him a wage thief, I don't believe that he is, but then again I don't believe the other two were either. Nade and Kingston who, through choice, contributed nothing are what I would consider a wage thief.

Hate to say it but this is a good post. :mellow:

I think the reason that Driver is being given the benefit of the doubt by some is down to the fact that for 2 seasons he was one of the most important players for us attacking wise. He showed that he was a good player and I am glad that we do not have to rush him back in as the attacking options have improved.

I hope he returns soon and is of benefit to the team in in the 2nd half of the season where we'll likely need him at some point.

Yeh but I could be the most important threat attacking wise in the team he had around him, Nade? Mole? Stewart?

That isn't to say that he wasn't on good form that season, he was great, but him and bruno where the ONLY attacking threat. Bruno looked average in the 2005/6 team and great in 2008, Driver looked great in 2008 and would struggle now to get back into this team, a much better one.

when driver and wallace are back i would have

kello

jonsson zal bouzid wallace

driver black skacel temps

kyle elliot

subs

balogh

barr

c.thomson

stevenson

mrowiec

suso

elliott

Well seen your in Orkney as it's clear you have never met, spoken to or know anything about Andy Driver or his personality.

He is a committed young man when it comes to his football and has given us a good couple of seasons already. You don't force your way into the England under 21's while playing in Scotland unless your committed to your profession. You never see the boy out getting lashed. He will be the most frustrated out of all of us.

The ignorance is astounding here.

Patrick Bateman

The ignorance is astounding here.

This. Driver picked up a nasty, niggling injury and was rushed back before it was fully healed because of our tin-pot moron former manager. Driver is what, 22? How can people proclaim him to be injury prone? Why would ANYONE with half a mind want to sell a player like him in January? So we can get a low market value? Genuinely astonishing levels of ignorance, even by KB standards.

This. Driver picked up a nasty, niggling injury and was rushed back before it was fully healed because of our tin-pot moron former manager. Driver is what, 22? How can people proclaim him to be injury prone? Why would ANYONE with half a mind want to sell a player like him in January? So we can get a low market value? Genuinely astonishing levels of ignorance, even by KB standards.

I can't bring myself to respond to the sheer ignorance that some spout about Driver on here.

Some would rather the lad stayed injured to prove a point.

Archived